In A Hurry? Our Top 3 Picks To Buy
Massage is a sweet way for you to express your love and care for your baby. A soothing massage can do wonders to your baby. It can soothe your little one’s skin in the initial months and years, including her decent nourishment.
Massage has many added health benefits for baby, including promoting circulation, aiding digestion, improving weight gain and easing teeth pain. Massaging plays a vital role in the growth and development of the toddler body.
It helps to create an emotional bond between you and your baby.
Touch provides a sense of belonging, trust and acceptance. It also produces hormones, especially oxytocin, that is the love hormone.
A newborn’s skin is so sensitive and delicate, so you need to be cautious while picking baby oil for massage.
There are various toddler massage lubricants in the market, but you need to be careful while choosing oil for your baby.
Based on Market Research, we have prepared a list of Best Oils For Baby Massage in India 2019.
We highly recommend you to read our buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Which are the Top 10 Best Oils For Baby Massage in India 2019?
1. Dabur Lal Tail – Ayurvedic Baby Massage Oil
Dabur is one of the oldest and trusted names in India. This oil for baby massage comes with time-tested Ayurvedic ingredients. You can massage twice a day so that your infant will remain with ease and peace. Massaging with this Tail induces a better sleeping design in neonates and infants.
It brings a different brightness on the body and makes both bones, muscle stronger and healthier. This oil gives positive results with regular use. The concoction of the potent herb will help the kids to grow faster.
- It is a clinically verified oil that provides two times faster physical development.
- It contains a high amount of Sesame Oil, Ratanjyot, Shankupushpam, Camphor and Urad.
- Its Sesame Oil gets instantly absorbed by the baby’s skin and works at keeping kids warm during the winter season.
- It helps in strengthening the baby’s bones and muscles.
- It shields the baby’s skin, and camphor helps in blood circulation.
- It helps to obtain weight, detoxifies and raises the metabolic rate.
What we like
- It is safe and effective for the overall buildup of the babies.
- It nourishes baby’s tender skin and keeps it soft and supple.
- It helps prevent the baby’s skin from getting dry or wrinkles.
- It is affordable and one of the best oil for a massage that is recommended by physicians.
What we didn’t like
- Its whiff is a bit harsh due to the use of ayurvedic herbal content.
2. Blue Nectar Ayurvedic Baby Massage Oil
This is a 100% Ayurvedic oil that is free from mineral oil and other harmful elements. It contains organic ghee that is essential for the wholesome buildup of bones & muscle mass. It is good for sensitive skin and keeps it extremely moisture full.
This oil has the goodness of Olive oil that provides nourishment to the skin. It is good for tummy massaging. It helps in the overall development of the body. It comes with calcium fatty acid, proteins and minerals.
- It contains all potent herbs like Organic Ghee, Coconut oil, Shankhpushpi Oil, and Pure Almond Oil.
- It comes with the delicate sweet odour.
- This is strong in Vitamin A, C, D & E that are important for a good body.
- It nourishes the skin and calm mind.
- It has a mild and soothing scent.
- It has a relaxing effect that helps your baby to rest and sleep well.
- It is absolute for everyday massage for your loved one.
- It is free from paraben, and sulphate.
What we like
- It keeps babies smelling vivid and fragrant longer.
- It provides essential hydration and lubricant to bones & muscles.
- It is relevant for all skin natures.
- It is light, non greasy and fast-absorbing oil.
3. Max Care Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil
This is cold pressed, unrefined oil extracted from fresh coconut milk and is good for the baby. It is an excellent natural cream and works well for dry skin. It nurtures your baby’s skin. It is used for massage, to get relieved of nappy rash and cradle cap obstacles in children.
It supports physical extension, enhances the HDL and LDL ratio. It has antioxidant properties to fight against dandruff and to combat skin reactions. If you use it in your cooking food then, helps in boosting immunity and control the weight.
- It is 100% natural oil.
- It is a different natural moisturiser and excellent for bare skin.
- It has a mild and delicate odour.
- It promotes a strong metabolism and improve the immune system.
- It contains vitamin E that is an essential nutrient for good skin.
- This coconut oil is famous for massaging flaky skin.
What we like
- It has anti-fungal, antibacterial and anti-viral properties.
- It acts as a natural moisturizer and is helpful for baby’s bare and rough skin.
- It is also fit for oil pulling that helps strengthen teeth and gums.
- This virgin oil can be used for food or as a dietary supplement for skin.
4. Life & Pursuits: Certified Organic Ayurvedic Baby Massage Oil
This is a certified oil by USDA & NATURE and has all the natural organic constituents. It promotes body strength and security. It comes with powerful natural ingredients that aids in baby’s growth.
This organic type of baby oils is appropriate for sensitive infant skin. The regular massage of this oil gives much comfort so that your baby will able to get a peaceful sleep. It leaves a shine on their skin to look clear and clean.
- It is a unique blend of virgin, cold-pressed, purely natural oils and medicinal Ayurveda herbs.
- It promotes healthful skin and overall body health.
- It has light consistency and smooth texture.
- It has neem, turmeric and ashwagandha.
- Coconut oil is a natural coolant that supports tissue and moisturises skin.
- It comes with sesame oil that is rich in antioxidants.
- It treats fungal infections, dryness and eczema.
What we like
- This oil is free from synthetic whiff, colours, parabens, sulphates, silicones and other toxic chemicals.
- It is beneficial for babies of all ages.
- It is mess proof and travel-friendly.
- It does not cause skin irritation, itching or rashes.
- This oil is non-oily and gets easily absorbed into the skin.
5. Johnson’s Baby Oil with Vitamin E
Johnson’s is one of the earliest trademarks that offers a full line of baby cosmetics and skincare products. It comes with a delicate floral odour that is clinically proven mild and keeps babies smelling refreshing and aromatic longer.
With this oil, your baby will get important vitamins that will help to soften their skin. The best time for massaging with oil is when your baby feels relaxed, and their stomach is full. It has passed five levels of safety process tests to ensure no side impacts.
- It comes in a clear plastic container with a baby pink flip-top cap.
- It is 100% proven mild and gentle best massage oil.
- This oil comes with a sweet perfume that stays for an exceptional time.
- Its main ingredient or the base of this oil is mineral oil.
- It contains vitamin-E that gives decent nourishment.
- It sustains your little one’s skin that is critical for his/her development.
- It gets engrossed immediately and makes skin soft and supple.
What we like
- It is very light & non adhesive.
- It is perfect for moisturizing and massaging newborn baby’s skin.
- This oil is dermatologist tested and recommended by doctors as they are allergy-tested.
- Its mild aroma stay for a great time.
- It does not hurt the baby’s delicate skin.
6. Himalaya Baby Massage Oil
This Oil is natural nourishment for baby’s sensitive skin. It has natural constituents such as olive oil, aloe vera, and winter cherry. This is the Best Multi-Purpose Oil for Babies.
It contains Khus Grass that holds an antiperspirant and astringent properties to keep the newborns skin as well as scalp cool and refreshing. It is ideal for babies with sensitive skin. It gives efficient outcomes before showering. It easily receives in underskin to present a healthful radiance to all over the skin.
- It is vegetable oil with the potential of herbs.
- It comes with a quite pleasant fragrance.
- Olive Oil is loaded with Vitamin E that nourish, protect the skin.
- It helps in strengthing baby’s nails and softening cuticles.
- It protects baby’s skin from chafing.
- It raises the baby’s overall growth and development.
- It can be used before and after bathing as a massage oil and also for moisturising.
- Winter-cherry helps enhance skin tone and makes the baby’s skin gentle.
What we like
- This baby oil has soothing and anti-bacterial features.
- It moisturises the skin nicely.
- This baby oil is clinically tested to be mild.
- It is lightweight, does not sticks and assimilates immediately.
- It does not contain mineral oil and animal fat.
7. Nature’s Veda Dasapushpam Baby Oil
This Oil is 100% natural and ayurvedic. This skin immunity oil is a powerful Ayurvedic oil that acts as a skin & scalp tonic and protector.
It is infused with Kerela flowers like Bhringraja to provide nutrients to the scalp and helps in the reduction of hair loss. The essence of Sahadevi flower has soothing qualities to prevent the soften skin from pimply rashes.
- It is made from 10 sacred flowers that is infused with pure virgin coconut oil.
- Herb in this oil has healthy proven anti-microbial activity and can prevent an array of skin diseases.
- It nourishes the scalp and encourages healthy hair growth.
- It prevents dry skin, dry scalp and diaper rashes.
- It ensures the decent build-up of immunisation in the newborn baby and adequate skincare.
What we like
- It provides nourishment and moisturises the skin.
- It does not have any unnatural preservatives and mineral oils.
- It is free from parabens, phthalate and other petrochemicals.
- Its consistency is thin, so it is easy to wash off and has better skin absorption.
8. Mamaearth Soothing Massage Oil for Babies
Mamaearth presents this Oil that grants utmost comfort & safest care to your kid. It doesn’t contain dangerous chemicals like lipids, sulfates, phthalates, petroleum or dyes.
This natural-made oil has a composition of copper, iodine, selenium for providing a great moister to the baby’s skin. It is useful for multiple uses. You can apply a pinch of oil on their nails to get rid of germs. When they put fingers in their mouth, the oil prevents it from bacteria and infection.
- It contains mild natural aroma from essential oils.
- It has a natural mixture of sesame, sweet almond, olive oil.
- It has healing and immunity building stamina of cold-pressed sesame oil.
- It makes the skin super humid & soft.
- Jojoba Oil is capable in moisturizing, treating & regenerating the skin.
- It is abundant in Vitamin E that is a very powerful antioxidant.
- It helps in enhancing the glow of your baby’s skin.
- It preserves the baby’s skin against allergens and adds softness.
- This baby oil does not stick and spreads faster while massaging.
What we like
- It is non-heavy and non-staining oil.
- It has no synthetic fragrance. It has a very soothing fume.
- It can be used before bath time to massage the baby’s skin or after the bath for comforting moisture.
- This is safe for the sensitive skin of babies.
- It provides various utilities such as skin hydration, rashes relief, nail care and more for the new skin of the baby.
9. Baby Dove Rich Moisture Baby Massage Oil
This Massage Oil is specially planned to hold in moisture and relieve dry skin. Its fast-absorbing formula keeps baby’s skin feeling soft and moisturised all day long. It has a mild redolence that does not hurt the baby’s delicate skin.
The pH value of this oil is neutral, so if your baby suffers from eczema, it will never cause any signs of irritation on the skin. It includes one-fourth moisturising-cream to produce a soft response to hair and keeps them healthful.
- It kept the baby’s skin soft all day.
- It contains aloe-vera and vitamin E acetate.
- It has a mild fragrance.
- It is ideal for daily massage.
- It is non-greasy and fast-absorbing.
- It locks moisture and soothes dry skin.
- It prevents the dryness caused by winters.
What we like
- It is non-sticky and fully grasped while massaging.
- It is free from parabens or colours.
- It has a soothing smell and makes skin moist & soft.
- It is helpful for all skin types.
- Its packaging is sturdy and spill-proof.
10. Seagulls Olivon
This Oil is powered with the virtue of olive oil. It is natural, safe and free from any harmful compounds and can be safely used for baby massage. It has ever-growing benefits for beauty, health and fitness.
It protects the baby skin from stretch marks. It comes in 400 ml of the jar covering. It gives beautiful effects before showering. It keeps your baby’s skin, nails and hair healthy and elegant. It is non-sticky and absorbs quickly.
- This Oil comes in a transparent vessel with a screw cap.
- It is a blend of olive oil and sunflower oil that is good for the skin.
- Its consistency is runny and odourless since it has no added artificial fragrance.
- It increases the circulation of blood and gives healthy skin texture.
- It provides outstanding skin care in winters.
- It prevents cracked cuticle in winters.
What we like
- It keeps skin soft glowing and gorgeous.
- It helps in diaper rash prevention.
- It is best for babies oil bath.
- It can be used by adults too.
- It is suitable for Indian climate for all skin varieties.
Top 10 Baby Massage Oils in India 2019
|Dabur Lal Tail||500ml|
Best Baby Massage Oil Brands in India
- Blue Nectar
- Life & Pursuits
- Max Care
- Nature’s Veda
- Seagulls Olivon
Types of Baby Massage Oil
Coconut Oil – Coconut Oil is one of the best choice to be used in winter as well as summers. It makes skin soft, supple and moisturized. It contains anti-oxidants, lauric and caprylic acids that are great for babies skin.
Almond Oil – Almond Oil is a rich source of vitamin E, fatty acids, potassium, zinc and lots of other minerals & vitamins. It is a common ingredient in various massage oils. Massaging a baby’s joint with sweet almond oil improves blood flow and prevents skin problem effectively.
Olive Oil – Olive Oil is also known as ‘liquid gold’ due to its various therapeutic uses and benefits. It is also immensely popular as oil for baby massages with gentle care. Numerous brand of massage oil uses olive oil as their main element. For sensitive skin, it is good to avoid olive oil as it has properties that enhance the permeability of the skin. It can allow the moisture to transmit the skin faster and further cause flakiness and dryness, intensifying skin problems.
Mustard Oil – The Mustard Oil is useful baby massage oil for winters as it has a warming effect on the skin. The mustard oil isn’t advisable to use the oil directly on the skin surface. It should always be used in combination with other bases.
Sesame Oil – It is one of the healthy natural ingredients in a baby’s massage oil. Sesame Seed Oil is a popular ayurvedic oil for baby massage as it is excerpted from black sesame seeds.
How to Choose the Best Baby Massage Oil?
You should always keep in mind that baby’s skin is soft as candy floss so one wrong product can ruin their growth. It’s better to examine all specifications on the label before purchasing a massage oil. Similarly, don’t rely on manufactured products that look attractive from outside but does not provide an effective result. If you want to make your baby’s body strong and elegant, then you should consider the following given factors.
Every baby’s skin is different from others. Some have normal skin, some have oily or dry, and some babies have extra sensitive. Depending on the nature of the skin, you can pick a light-weighted or thick massaging oil. Here are some parameters for preferring the Best Baby Massage Oil.
- Normal skin may need a light oil that can penetrate the skin spontaneously and nourish the skin well.
- Dry skin will require more moist or dense oil.
- If baby’s skin is delicate and prone to dryness or eczema, don’t use oil of vegetables such as olive oil or high oleic sunflower oil from its seed. Oleic acid makes the skin more sensitive. It contains linoleic acids are suitable for sensitive skin.
For a long-lasting impact and useful massaging experience, decide the best oil according to skin variety. One of the ways to assure if the product will be perfect for your child’s body is by applying it firstly on his/her hand and leaving it for 2-3 hours. After a while, if there is no rashes or irritation on the skin, you can safely use that oil.
Avoid using oils with strong scents and prefer natural edible oils. For the protection of the baby, go for a product that derives its smell from the ingredients used or one that is fragrance-free all-together.
Use Specific Oils Based on the Weather
- Coconut Oil and Sesame Oil are customary for your baby massage in summer.
- Mustard Oil, Sweet Almond Oil and Olive Oil are fit to use in winters.
- Almond Oil can be used in any season, and it is rich in vitamin E. It’ll make your baby’s skin supple and soft.
- Tea Tree Oil, Castor Oil, Calendula Oil and Chamomile Oil is excellent if a baby has sensitive skin. It is useful in some skin rashes and breakouts problems.
Benefits of Massaging
- It develops stronger bones and strengthens muscles.
- It increases blood transmission.
- It improves metabolism and relief from colic pain.
- It detoxifies skin and body.
- It enhances sleep pattern and helps sets a routine.
- A regular massage can correct assimilation in the newborn baby.
- Nurturing-touch helps to give a soothing and secure atmosphere to your baby.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Safety Precautions You Should Take While Using Oil for Massaging?
- Always elect massage oils of reputed brand with ISI and AGMARK certification.
- Give a massage only when a baby is up for it. Keep in mind that her comfort-level is essential.
- Use gentle upward strokes when massaging your baby.
- Before you try any oil on baby’s skin, do a sensitivity test on baby’s skin.
2. Should the Baby Be Oiled Before or After a Bath?
For babies, a bath usually followed after oil massage. Heavier oils will drop a dense residue on baby’s skin. However, if your baby has dry skin, it might be better to use special formulation oil. It will secure the moisture into your baby’s skin.
3. What is Virgin Coconut Oil?
Virgin coconut oil is made from coconut milk without the use of any heat, substances, and solvents. It is the purest form of coconut oil. It has anti-bacterial properties and gets absorbed quickly into the skin.