In A Hurry? Our Top 3 Picks To Buy
Massage is a sweet way for you to express your love and care for your baby. A soothing baby massage can do wonders to your baby. It can soothe your little one’s skin in the initial months and years, including her decent nourishment.
Massage has many added health benefits for the baby such as promoting circulation, aiding digestion, improving weight gain and easing teeth pain. Massaging plays a vital role in the growth and development of the toddler body.
It helps to create an emotional bond between you and your baby.
Touch provides a sense of belonging, trust and acceptance. It also produces hormones, especially oxytocin, that is the love hormone.
A newborn’s skin is so sensitive and delicate, so you need to be cautious while picking baby oil for massage.
There are various toddler massage lubricants in the market, but you need to be careful while choosing oil for your baby.
We have prepared a list of Best Baby Massage Oils in India based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 Baby Massage Oils in India 2020
|Dabur Lal Tail||500ml|
Which are the Top 10 Best Baby Massage Oils in India 2020?
1. Dabur Lal Tail Ayurvedic Baby Massage Oil
Dabur is one of the oldest and trusted names. It comes with time-tested Ayurvedic ingredients. You can massage twice a day so that your infant will remain with ease and peace. Massaging with this Tail induces a better sleeping design in neonates and infants.
It is the Best Massage Oil for baby skin as it brings a different brightness on the body and makes both bones, muscle stronger and healthier. It gives positive results with regular use. The concoction of the potent herb will help the kids to grow faster.
- The massage oil is clinically tested to ensures two times faster physical growth of babies.
- It contains a high amount of natural ingredients such as Sesame Oil, Ratanjyot, Shankupushpam, Camphor and Urad.
- It comes with the sesame-oil that gets instantly absorbed and works at keeping kids warm during the winter season.
- Its massage helps in strengthening baby’s bones and muscles.
- It comes with the camphor that can stimulate blood circulation.
- It helps to obtain weight, detoxifies and raises the metabolic rate.
What we like
- It is safe and effective for the overall buildup of the babies.
- It is the soothing baby massage oil that nourishes the baby’s tender skin and keeps it soft and supple.
- It prevents the baby-skin from getting dry or wrinkles.
- It is affordable.
- It is recommended by physicians.
What we didn’t like
- Its whiff is a bit harsh due to the use of ayurvedic herbal content.
2. Blue Nectar Ayurvedic Baby Massage Oil
This is a 100% Ayurvedic oil that is free from mineral oil and other harmful elements. It contains organic ghee that is essential for the wholesome buildup of bones & muscle mass. It is good for sensitive skin and keeps it moisturized full.
It comes with the goodness of olive oil. It provides nourishment to baby-skin. It is good for tummy massaging. It helps in the overall development of the body. It comes with calcium fatty acid, proteins and minerals.
- It is safe for newborns as it contains all potent herbs like Pure Almond Oil, Organic Ghee, Coconut-oil, Shankhpushpi-Oil.
- It comes with the delicate sweet odour.
- This is strong in Vitamin A, C, D & E that are important for a good body.
- It nourishes the skin-surface and calm mind.
- It has a relaxing effect that helps your child to rest and sleep well.
- It is absolute for everyday massage for your loved one.
- It is free from paraben, and sulphate.
What we like
- It keeps babies smelling vivid and fragrant longer.
- It provides essential hydration and lubricant to bones and muscles.
- It is relevant for all skin-type.
- It is light, non greasy and fast-absorbing.
3. Max Care Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil
It is cold pressed, unrefined massage-oil extracted from fresh coconut milk and is good for the child. It is an excellent natural cream that nurtures and works well for extremely dry skin. It is used for massage, to get relieved of nappy rash and cradle cap obstacles in children.
It is the Best Baby Massage Oil in India as it supports physical extension, enhances the HDL and LDL ratio. It has antioxidant properties to fight against dandruff and to combat skin reactions. If you use it in your cooking food then, helps in boosting immunity and control the weight.
- It is 100% natural oil.
- It is a different natural moisturiser and excellent for bare-skin.
- It has a delicate odour.
- It promotes a strong metabolism and develops the immune system.
- It contains vitamin E that is an essential nutrient for good health.
- It is famous for massaging flaky skin.
What we like
- It is safe for babies as it has antibacterial and anti-viral properties.
- It is clinically proven to be mild & gentle on the skin.
- It removes cradle cap issues in infants.
- It acts as a natural moisturizer for rough skin-surface.
- It is also fit for oil-pulling that helps strengthen teeth and gums.
- It can be used for food or as a dietary supplement for skin.
4. Life & Pursuits: Certified Organic Ayurvedic Baby Massage Oil
It is the Best Massage Oil as it is certified by USDA & NATURE and has all the natural organic constituents. It can promote body strength and security. It comes with natural ingredients that aids in baby’s growth.
This organic type of baby oils is appropriate for sensitive type-of-skin. The regular massage gives much relief so that your child will able to get a peaceful sleep. It leaves a shine on their skin-surface to look clear and clean. It is the ideal option for summer as it offers a cooling effect on the body.
- It is a unique blend of virgin, cold-pressed, organic oils and medicinal Ayurveda herbs.
- It can promote healthful-skin and overall body health.
- It has light consistency.
- It has neem, turmeric and ashwagandha.
- It is made with organic coconut oil that is a natural coolant. It supports tissue and moisturises skin-surface.
- It comes with sesame-oil that is rich in antioxidants.
- It treats fungal infections, dryness and eczema.
What we like
- It is the best oil for baby as it is free from synthetic whiff, colours, parabens, sulphates, silicones and other toxic chemicals.
- It is mess proof and travel-friendly.
- It does not cause irritation, itching or rashes.
- It is non-oily and gets easily absorbed into the skin.
- The oil is suitable for babies of all ages.
5. Johnson’s Baby Oil with Vitamin E
Johnson’s is one of the earliest trademarks that offers a wide range of products such as baby cosmetics and skin care products. It Best Baby Massage Oil as it comes with a delicate floral odour that is clinically proven and keeps babies smelling refreshing and aromatic longer.
With this massage-oil, your baby will get important vitamins that will help to soften their skin-surface. The most suitable time for massaging is when your baby feels relaxed, and their stomach is full. It has passed five levels of safety process tests to ensure no side impacts that make it a great choice for babies.
- It comes in a clear plastic container with a baby pink flip-top cap.
- It is 100% proven mild and gentle.
- It comes with a sweet perfume that stays for an exceptional time.
- Its main ingredient or the base of this massage-oil is mineral oil.
- It contains vitamin-E that gives decent nourishment.
- It sustains your little one’s skin that is critical for his/her development.
- It gets engrossed immediately and makes the baby’s skin soft and supple.
What we like
- It is very light & non adhesive.
- It is perfect for moisturizing and massaging newborn.
- It is dermatologist tested and recommended by doctors as they are allergy-tested.
- It has a light aroma.
- It does not hurt the baby’s delicate skin.
6. Himalaya Baby Massage Oil
It is natural nourishment for the baby. It has natural constituents such as olive oil, aloe vera, and winter cherry. This mild baby oil is perfect for baby care as it has soothing and antimicrobial properties. It is the Safest Multi-Purpose Oil for Babies.
It contains Khus Grass that holds an antiperspirant and astringent properties to keep the newborns skin as well as scalp cool and refreshing. It is ideal for babies with sensitive skin. It gives efficient outcomes before showering. Lighter-in-texture, it easily absorbs in underskin to present a healthful radiance to all over the body.
- It is organic vegetable oil with the potential of herbs.
- It comes with a quite pleasant fragrance.
- Olive Oil is loaded with Vitamin E that nourish, protect the skin.
- It helps in strengthing baby’s nails and softening cuticles.
- It makes the baby’s skin smooth and protects from chafing.
- It is effective for overall physical growth & development.
- It can be used before and after bathing as massage-oil and also for moisturising.
- Winter-cherry helps enhance skin tone and makes the baby-skin gentle.
What we like
- It has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- It moisturises the skin-surface nicely.
- It is clinically tested to be mild.
- It is lightweight and does not sticks.
- It does not contain mineral oil and animal fat.
7. Nature’s Veda Dasapushpam Baby Oil
These baby products are 100% natural and ayurvedic. It is completely safe for baby’s delicate skin. This skin immunity product is a powerful Ayurvedic oil that acts as a skin-and-scalp tonic and protector.
It is one of the Best Baby Oils that are infused with Kerela flowers like Bhringraja to provide nutrients to the scalp and helps in the reduction of hair loss. The essence of Sahadevi flower has soothing-qualities to prevent the soften-skin from pimply rashes.
- It is made from 10 sacred flowers that are infused with pure coconut-oil.
- It has healthy proven anti-microbial activity and can prevent an array of skin diseases.
- It nourishes the scalp and encourages healthy hair growth.
- It is made for preventing dry-skin, dry scalp and diaper rashes.
- It ensures the decent build-up of immunisation in the newborn baby and adequate skincare.
What we like
- The oil is great for baby care as it provides nourishment and moisturises skin-surface.
- It does not have any mineral oil and unnatural preservatives.
- It is free from paraben, phthalate and other petrochemicals.
- Its consistency is thin, so it is easy to wash off and has better skin-absorption.
8. Mamaearth Soothing Massage Oil for Babies
Mamaearth presents this massage-oil that grants the utmost safest care to your kid. It doesn’t contain dangerous chemicals like lipids, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, petroleum or dyes. It is a specially formulated baby oil that is useful for multiple uses.
It has a composition of copper, iodine, selenium for providing a great moister to the baby’s delicate skin. You can apply a pinch of massage-oil on their nails to get rid of germs. When they put fingers in their mouth, the oil prevents it from bacteria and infection.
- It contains mild-natural aroma from essential oils.
- It has a natural mixture of sweet almond oil, sesame oil.
- It has healing and immunity building stamina of cold-pressed sesame oil.
- It makes the skin-surface super humid, soft and smooth.
- Jojoba Oil is capable in moisturizing, treating & regenerating the skin.
- It is abundant in Vitamin E that is a very powerful antioxidant.
- It helps in enhancing the glow of your baby’s skin.
- It preserves the baby’s skin against allergens and adds softness.
- It does not stick on the skin.
What we like
- It is non-heavy and non-staining.
- It has no synthetic fragrance. It has a very soothing and relaxing fume that helps baby ease into the day or night.
- It can be used before bath time to massage the baby’s skin or after the bath for comforting moisture.
- It provides various utilities such as skin-hydration, rashes relief, nail care and more for the new skin of the baby.
9. Baby Dove Rich Moisture Baby Massage Oil
It is specially planned to hold in moisture and relieve dryness. Its pH value is neutral, so if your baby suffers from eczema, it will never cause any signs of irritation on skin-surface.
Its fast-absorbing formula keeps baby’s skin feeling soft and moisturised all day long. It has a gentle and mild redolence that does not hurt the baby’s delicate skin. It includes one-fourth moisturising-cream to produce a soft response to hair and keeps them healthful.
- It keeps skin soft all day.
- It contains aloe-vera and vitamin E acetate.
- It has a mild fragrance.
- It is ideal for daily massage.
- It is non-greasy and fast-absorbing.
- It locks moisture and soothes baby-skin.
- It is great for preventing the dryness caused by winters.
What we like
- It is non-sticky and fully grasped while massaging.
- It is free from parabens or colours.
- It makes skin moisturized & soft.
- It is helpful for all skin types.
- Its packaging is sturdy and spill-proof.
10. Seagulls Olivon
It is powered with the virtue of olive oil. It is natural, safe and free from any harmful compounds. It has ever-growing benefits for beauty, health and fitness.
It stimulates blood circulation and protects the baby-skin from skin allergies and stretch marks. The oil is a non-sticky, light formula that spreads easily into the skin. It comes in 400 ml of the jar covering. It gives beautiful effects before showering. It stops cracked cuticle in winters that make it the outstanding baby skin care product for winters.
- It comes in a transparent vessel with a screw cap.
- It is a blend of olive oil and sunflower oil.
- Its consistency is runny and odourless since it has no added artificial fragrance.
- It increases circulation-of-blood.
- The oil promotes healthy skin and improves overall body health.
- It keeps baby’s skin, nails and hair healthy and elegant.
What we like
- It keeps skin soft, smooth, glowing and gorgeous.
- It helps in diaper rash prevention.
- It is the most-suitable for babies bath.
- It can be used by adults too.
- It is suitable for Indian climate for all skin-type.
Most Popular Baby Massage Oil Brands
- Blue Nectar
- Life & Pursuits
- Max Care
- Nature’s Veda
- Seagulls Olivon
Types of Baby Massage Oil
Coconut Oil – It is the most suitable choice to be used in winter as well as summers. It makes skin soft, supple and moisturized. It contains anti-oxidants, lauric and caprylic acids that are great for babies health. If you massage your baby daily with this oil then it prevents diaper rash by forming a protective layer on the skin.
Almond Oil – Almond Oil is a rich source of vitamin E, fatty acids, potassium, zinc and lots of other minerals & vitamins. The almond oil is a common ingredient in various massage-oils. Massaging a baby’s joint with sweet almond oil can improve blood-flow and cures skin-problem effectively.
Olive Oil – It is also known as ‘liquid gold’ due to its various therapeutic uses and benefits. It is also immensely popular as oil for baby massages with gentle care. Numerous brand of massage-oil uses olive oil as their main element. For delicate-skin, it is good to avoid olive oil as it has properties that enhance the permeability. It can allow the moisture to transmit the skin faster and further cause flakiness and dryness, intensifying skin problems.
Mustard Oil – The Mustard Oil is useful massage-oil for winters as it has a warming effect. The mustard oil isn’t advisable to use directly on the skin surface. The mustard oil is extremely-vital to strengthen the bones.
The mustard oil should always be used in combination with other bases.
Sesame Oil – It is one of the healthy natural ingredients in massage-oil. Sesame Seed Oil is popular ayurvedic massage oil as it is excerpted from black sesame seeds.
How to Choose Baby Massage Oil?
You should always keep in mind that baby-skin is soft as candy floss so one wrong product can ruin the baby’s growth. It’s better to examine all specifications on the label before purchasing a massage-oil. Similarly, don’t rely on manufactured baby products that look attractive from outside but does not provide an effective result. If you want to make your baby’s body strong and elegant, then you should consider the following given factors.
We hope below given information will help you to pick the top-rated massage oil for your baby at the online website or store.
Every baby’s skin is different from others. Some have normal-skin, some have oily or dry, and some babies have extra sensitive. Depending on the skin-type, you can pick a light-weighted or thick massaging oil. Here are some parameters –
- Normal skin-type may need a light oil that can penetrate the skin spontaneously and nourish the skin well.
- Dry skin-type will require more moist or dense massage-oil.
- If baby-skin is delicate and prone to dryness or eczema, don’t use oil of vegetables such as high oleic sunflower oil from its seed. Oleic acid makes the skin-surface more sensitive. It contains linoleic acids are suitable for sensitive skin.
- If your child has dry skin then you can use the massage-oils that contain shea and cocoa butter.
For a long-lasting impact and useful massaging experience, decide the oil according to skin-type. One of the ways to assure if the product will be perfect for your child’s body is by applying it firstly on his/her hand and leaving it for 2-3 hours. After a while, if there is no rashes or irritation on skin-surface, you can safely use that massage-oil.
Avoid using massage-oils with strong smell and prefer natural edible oils. For the protection of the baby, go for a product that derives its smell from the ingredients used or one that is fragrance-free all-together.
Use Specific Oils Based on the Weather
- Coconut Oil and Sesame Oil are customary for your baby-massage in summer.
- The Mustard Oil, Sweet Almond Oil and Olive-Oil are fit to use in winters.
- Almond Oil is rich in vitamin E. It’ll make your baby-skin supple and soft.
- The mustard oil helps in making the muscles and bones strong.
- Tea Tree Oil, Castor Oil, Calendula Oil, Olive Oil and Chamomile Oil is excellent if a baby has sensitive skin. Chamomile Oil is useful in some rashes and breakouts problems.
Benefits of Massaging
- It develops stronger bones and strengthens muscles.
- It increases blood-transmission.
- It improves your baby’s metabolism and relief from colic pain.
- It detoxifies the body.
- It enhances sleep pattern and helps sets a routine.
- It can improve digestion and skin texture.
- A regular massage can correct assimilation in the newborn baby.
- Nurturing-touch helps to give a soothing and secure atmosphere to your baby.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Safety Precautions You Should Take While Using Oil for Massaging?
Here are some tips you should consider while massaging –
- Always elect massage-oils of reputed brand with ISI and AGMARK certification.
- Give a massage only when a baby is up for it. Keep in mind that her comfort level is essential.
- Massage gently in upward strokes when massaging your baby.
- Before you try any oil on baby skin, do a sensitivity-test on baby’s skin.
- You can also add a few drops of massage-oil into the bathing tub.
2. Should the Baby Be Oiled Before or After a Bath?
For babies, a bath usually followed after oil massage. The heavier-oils will drop a dense residue on baby-skin. However, if your baby has dry skin problems, it might be better to use special formulation-oil. It will secure the moisture into your baby’s skin.
3. What is Virgin Coconut Oil?
It is made from coconut-milk without the use of any heat, substances, and solvents. It is the purest form of coconut-oil. It has anti-bacterial properties and gets absorbed quickly into skin-surface.
4. How Soon After Birth Can I Massage My Baby?
After pregnancy, you can start massaging your baby from the first week of birth.