In A Hurry? Our Top 3 Picks To Buy
Are you looking for the Best Baby Shampoo in India?
A newborn child needs utmost care from their mother. Whether it’s regarding feeding a baby, proper nourishment, scalping or cleanliness, they require adequate care. When it comes to baby nourishment, every mother wants delicate and natural products. The baby care products need to be chemical-free that might not hurt a baby’s skin. The reason being the skin of the baby is sensitive and may get skin-reaction due to a specific product.
The baby’s hair needs the utmost attention to get rid of shredded-skin, cradle cap and other issues.
A baby shampoo must be mild, tear-free, moisturising, prevents skin dry out and promotes hair-growth.
We are here to help you find a better and natural product that can protect your baby skin and making bathing fun for both baby and mom.
We have prepared a list of Best Baby Shampoo in India 2020 based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 Baby Shampoos in India 2020
|Mom & World||200ml|
Which are the Top 10 Best Baby Shampoos in India 2020?
1. Avon Naturals Kids Wacky Watermelon Shampoo
This kids shampoo comes with wacky watermelon flavour fragrance. It comes with tear-free formula. This shampoo also works as a conditioner. It is suitable for kids of 3 years and above. It makes the hair soft and smooth. It maintains the moisture level of the scalp.
It helps to replenish the moisture and nutrients that your baby scalp can loose during the bath. It provides luxurious creamy bubbles during washing. It is a natural baby shampoo that cleans the baby-hair effectively.
- It is dermatologically and ophthalmologically tested.
- It is available in 200 ml bottle packaging.
- It is also available in bonkers banana and crazy coconut flavours.
- It does not create itchiness and dryness.
What we like
- It is a soap-free shampoo.
- It is an ideal choice for regular use.
- It is suitable for kids with sensitives skin type.
2. Mom & World Tear-Free Baby Shampoo with Organic Moroccan Argan Oil and Oats Extract
It is mild and gentle to the eyes as pure as the water for your new born baby. It leaves your baby face soft, manageable, shiny and clean while smelling baby fresh. It contains a blend of Almond oil, Oat Extract, Wheatgerm Extract & Glycerine leaving hair looking healthy and shiny.
It has a combination of natural oats extract that cleans without drying as it is soap-free and allergy-tested. It is free of additives. It cleans the hair without making dry. You can also use this as a mild body wash. It gives a soft fragrance after application. It is made from certified organic and essential oils ingredients.
- It comes with a tearless formula that is useful for hair and skin for gentle-cleansing.
- It comes with a tear-free, hypoallergenic formula. It is mild and dermatologically approved.
- The product is free from harsh chemicals such as hypoallergenic, sulfates (SLS, SCS), eye-numbing agents, parabens, and other ingredients.
What we like
- This organic baby shampoo leaves the baby-skin smooth, clean and gives fresh fragrance.
- It contains Glycerine that keeps the baby’s scalp moisturised.
- It is an all in product for the complete family suitable for babies and adults.
- It is the affordable product available in the market.
3. Sebamed Children’s Shampoo
It is a clinically recommended baby shampoo that has a pH of 5.5. It smoothly cleanses and strengthens the hair for optimum hair growth. It has a special tearless formula that leaves hair silky and fragrant.
The shampoo is made in Germany and is 100 % soap-free and alkali-free. It is free from irritants and has 0 % of incidences of irritant reactions. It is clinically proven for optimal hair growth. It restricts the formation of dandruff. It is a tear-free formula to clean your bay-hair.
- Its extra mild active surfactants are useful for cleansing of fine child-hair.
- It comes with a pH that can strengthen and gives optimal hair growth.
- It is rich in chamomile extracts that soothe the hair-scalp to reduce skin irritation and no burning or stinging of the eyes.
- It has sugar based mild cleanser.
What we like
- It is suitable for sensitive-skin for babies.
- It is a chemical-free shampoo.
4. Mee Mee Mild Baby Shampoo
It gives natural nourishment and meets all the safety standards for the child’s safety and health. It cleans the hair-scalp and makes the hair smooth and shiny. It contains natural extracts. It is dermatologically tested product.
It has no tear property and specially made for your baby’s hair-scalp. It has a mild formulation with the conditioner that gently cleanses the hair without damaging and leaves naturally clean and shiny. It does not make the hair dry. This shampoo is gentle and chemical free for baby use.
- It ensures ‘no tears’ while bathing.
- It has a mild shampoo formula.
- The weight of the item is 572 gram.
- It is a hypoallergenic shampoo.
- It locks the natural oil of the hair and keeps neat & shiny.
What we like
- It is shiny, soft and has a sweet orange pleasant fragrance.
- It is suitable for both boys and girls.
What we didn’t like
- It leaves the hair dry.
5. Himalaya Baby Shampoo
These baby shampoos are enriched with sources of protein that can make the hair nourished and soft. It is pure and safe for the baby. It leaves a mild scent, disinfect and cleanses with ideal pH level. It nourishes, moisturises and improves the texture.
It comes to gives a smooth wash without tears. With anti-inflammatory and soothing properties, it cares and protects the delicate scalp of the baby. It is an excellent product to get rid of dirt and harmful particles from the scalp. It is the Best Baby Shampoo in India.
- It provides a no tear formula that protects baby-eyes from irritation.
- It ensures reliable and healthy hair.
- It is rich in chickpea that has antidandruff property. It helps to strengthen baby’s sensitive-hair and prevents hair loss.
- The paddy ingredient helps to nourishes and soften the hair.
- It is free from harsh elements, Parabens, SLS/SLES, synthetic colours, and is mild on junior’s scalp.
What we like
- It helps to care for your baby’s tender scalp.
- It leaves the hair strong and shiny.
- It helps to get rid of dirt and harmful infectious particles.
- It is safe for daily use.
- The shampoo is suitable for sensitive skin and provides good smell.
6. Mothercare All We Know Baby Shampoo
It is another Natural Baby Shampoo designed with no more tears formula. It makes hair clear, soft and smooth. It helps you to avoid eye irritation and allows the baby to have happy hair-wash. It has a mild-formulation with a conditioner that cleans your baby’s hair-scalp and leaves hair naturally clean and shiny.
This shampoo gently moisturises the little one scalp and leaves a mild-aroma for a long time. It gives a soothing and soft feel after every wash. It provides a fantastic cleansing experience without any harmful effects.
- It contains natural extract in the shampoo that is beneficial for infant hair care.
- It includes oil of olive that encourages proper hair growth.
- It contains chamomile that soothes kid’s delicate skin.
- The product is dermatologically, and Hypoallergenic tested.
- The shampoo is midwife tested.
What we like
- It keeps the healthy scalp and hair clean.
- It maintains the softness of the kid’s hair.
- It is effective for hair-falling problem and adults can also use it.
- It ensures a healthy scalp and gives shiny hair.
7. Biotique Bio Disney Pixar Cars Shampoo
It is a 100% soap free shampoo. It is an excellent combination of natural ingredients and anti-oxidative properties. It hydrates the scalp while washing and leaves soothing effects. It refreshes and nourishes the sensitive skin due to its anti-oxidative properties.
It comes with wild berries, aloe vera and sandalwood oil to make hair healthy and shiny. With pure green apple extract, it cleanses a baby’s delicate hair and scalp without providing any harm. It gives a delightful experience to both baby and mommy.
- It has a quantity of 200 ml.
- It is a gentle hair cleanser that gives tender hair-wash to a baby without dryness.
- It comes with a unique pH balanced that makes it suitable for everyday use.
- It does not irritate baby’s sensitive eyes due to its no-tear ritual.
- It reduces flaking and itching caused by dandruff.
- It gives a soft and comfortable feeling while washing hairs.
- It does not contain harmful chemical that makes it safe for babies.
What we like
- It has a low-cost.
- It gives quick and long-lasting results.
- It is value for money.
- It has a mild fragrance.
8. Cetaphil Baby Shampoo and Wash
Cetaphil’s is a world-famous brand that provides a variety of baby products. It is specially made to provide all in one head-to-toe gentle cleansing. It soothes and moisturises hair skin without drying the scalp and irritating the eyes.
It comes with powerful natural ingredients for healthy development. It helps to nourish the hair without damaging and drying. It has a tear free formula that is tender on your child.
- It keeps the kid’s scalp moisturised and hair-soft from one bath time to the next.
- It comes with ingredients such as chamomile, wheat protein, etc.
- It is a soap-free, tearless formula with the goodness of glycerin and vitamin B5.
- It soothes and moisturises hair and skin.
- It contains Hypoallergenic and pH neutral formula.
- It is free from parabens, dyes, and Phthalates.
What we like
- This baby wash is suitable to use daily for babies and even newborns.
- It is a great moisturiser for your toddler.
- It makes the skin and hair soft.
- It is a paediatrician recommended baby shampoo.
9. Johnson’s Baby No More Tears Baby Shampoo
It comes with no more tear property and is gentle to the eyes as water. It includes pH balance, Hypoallergenic and is Clinically mildness proven. It cleans the hair and scalp perfectly without providing any adverse impact on the productive layer.
It is the Best Baby Wash Shampoo Brand in India. The product is very effective. It provides gentle-care to your baby hair. It does not sting into the baby-eyes. It is a hypoallergenic shampoo. It is an ideal choice for the baby with a sensitive scalp.
- It contains a pH-balanced formula.
- It is free from chemicals, parabens, sulfates, and no dyes.
- It provides 100% gentle-care and smoothly cleans.
- The shampoo contains anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that prevent allergies or infections.
What we like
- It makes the hair silky, shiny and smooth.
- The product is suitable for both baby and adult.
- It has passed the five-level quality assurance.
What we didn’t like
- It may bring irritation to the eyes.
10. Mamaearth Gentle Cleansing Shampoo
It is a baby moisturiser and cleansing shampoo for babies hair-health. It is formulated with coconut-based cleansers and tears free shampoo. It helps to replenish the moisture that your baby scalp can loose during the bath. The essential oils are combined in this shampoo.
It softens and cleans your baby’s skin. It includes a pH-neutral formula, hypoallergenic and has a delicate-fragrance. It is paraben-free, soap-free and tears free. It contains aloe vera extract that has immense power to heal moisturise the scalp. It has no parabens, no mineral oil, no sulphates, no dyes, and no synthetic fragrances.
- This gentle baby shampoo is Asia’s first safe and toxin-free certified brand.
- It has 5.6pH level that is tear-free, gentle and soft on the baby skin.
- The shampoo contains coconut cleansers and jojoba oil to nourish little one’s scalp.
- It is clinically tested in Europe and is safe for sensitive skin.
- The Calendula extract has been used for healing purposes.
- It prevents dandruff and any sort allergen.
What we like
- It is clinically tested and proven and is safe for your baby.
- It has natural and organic ingredients that are dermatologically examined.
- It is free of harmful chemicals.
- It acts as both shampoos, body-wash for your lovely toddlers.
Best Baby Shampoo Brands in India
- Mee Mee
- Mom & World
Other Products That You May Consider
- Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo
- Burt’s Bees Baby Shampoo
- Chicco Baby Moments Gentle Body Wash And Shampoo
How to Choose Baby Shampoo?
There are factors that one needs to consider before buying a perfect shampoo. Parents find it hard to find a good quality baby shampoo for their kids.
Some shampoos are clinically proven, doesn’t possess any side effect and chemical-free.
The Organic Baby Shampoos are free from chemicals and formulated with a minimal ingredient, so it is safe to use for kids. You must look for the shampoo that has fewer elements to be on the safe side.
Many products come with scent and may contain bad chemicals. It is generally to hide the smell of the ingredients. It is advisable to choose a fragrance free shampoo for babies for safety. A fragrance shampoo can cause skin related problems like irritations, rashes or even respiratory-problems. So, Be careful with the shampoo you are choosing for your baby.
You can also analyse the components of the shampoo to see if they are chemical-free or may cause allergic reactions. Check the ingredients on the internet to ensure it is alcohol-free and also free from other chemicals. Instead look for ingredients such as milk, almond, cocoa butter, olive oil, and honey.
Foaming Effect can be a treat for the babies to enjoy the bathing experience. Some shampoos also come with foaming pump that makes it easier to use.
TEA and DEA
These two ingredients can be harmful to your baby’s skin. One must avoid these ingredients in the shampoo and soap.
Check for Parabens
Parabens are found in products such as moisturisers, shampoo, soaps, etc. It may cause skin irritations, hormone disruptions, and reproductive toxicity. Avoid the products that include propyl ester, benzoic acid and parabens.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Baby Shampoo is Safe to Use?
Yes. Baby Shampoos are meant keeping in mind the skin of the baby. It can safely use on babies and adults.
2. Is Baby Shampoo Tear Free?
Yes. Most Baby Shampoos are specially made with no-tear formula. It is gentle to the eyes and rinses easily or quickly. It leaves the hair shiny, healthy and reduces hair smell.
3. Is Baby Shampoo Toxic?
The baby-shampoo can be soap-based or soap-free. It contains a formaldehyde-releasing chemical called 1,4-dioxane. The soap-based shampoo may irritate the eyes and will not be tear-free.
4. Which is a Good Mild Shampoo?
Himalaya Gentle Baby Shampoo is an excellent mild-shampoo that cleans the hair gently. It helps to make your skin soft, shiny and manageable. It comes with a Khus-Khus in the shampoo.
5. How Often Should I Wash My Baby Hair?
You can wash your baby’s hair between two to three times in a 7-days with a gentle shampoo. However, It depends on the infant to the infant as overwashing can lead to frizzy, dry and brittle hair.