In A Hurry? Our Top 3 Picks To Buy
Babies are the lovely and sweet creatures that have sensitive and delicate skin configuration. They require proper caring and attention. As a mother, you would like to use a good quality product for your infant. Different baby lotions are available in the market, each with a unique property. They retain the baby’s skin moisture.
A baby lotion should be chemical-free and organic. The right product should be chosen for your lovely angel.
Here are some top picks baby lotions, on which you can depend.
We have prepared a list of Best Baby Lotions in India 2020 based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 Baby Lotions in India 2020
|The Moms Co. Natural||200ml|
|Mom & World||120ml|
Which are the Top 10 Best Baby Lotions in India 2020?
1. Mustela Hydra Bebe Body Lotion
It provides moisturization for a long time to the skin of the baby. It works as a daily care lotion for face and body. It strengthens baby’s skin barriers and makes the skin feeling silky and soft. It is enriched with Jojoba oil.
Its shea butter provides protection to the epidermal from the external factor and keeps it soft. Apply this lotion twice a day to have a better effect. It contains natural ingredients. It is a hypoallergenic product. It contains vitamin E that protects baby’s skin from external aggression.
- It preserves the cellular richness of the skin.
- It gently provides moisturization to the baby body skin.
- It is clinically examined to be safe on baby’s skin.
- It comes in 300 ml packaging.
- It is a lightweight body lotion.
- It is most suited for normal skin.
What we like
- It is safe to be used on your infant’s skin.
- It comes in an easy dispensing bottle that maintains hygiene.
- It does not have any harmful chemical.
- It is eco-friendly baby lotion.
2. Johnson’s Baby Lotion
Johnson’s and Johnson’s is a leading name in the list of baby care products. This Lotion is the trusted product from decades. This baby moisturizing lotion prevents the moisture loss of hydrating skin. It creates a protective barrier for the skin. It is a clinically proven mild and gentle lotion that assists the better sleep of the baby.
It keeps moisture in dryness out from baby’s skin. This is the Best Baby Lotion in India without any chemical. It is tested by around 5.5 lakh people that ensures no skin reaction. It contains coconut oil that improves the texture of the skin.
- It is 100 % clinical proven and Dermatologist tested.
- It nourishes your baby’s skin.
- It is perfect for regular use.
- It absorbs quickly and makes skin supple and soft.
- It has a quantity of 500 ml.
What we like
- It locks moisture to baby’s skin for 24 hours and builds glowing skin.
- It is appropriate for head to toe use.
- There is no added phthalates, parabens or dyes.
- It is ideal for every age group baby.
3. The Moms Co. Natural Baby Lotion
The Moms Co. is a world-famous brand. This organic baby lotion has a perfect combination of natural powerful oils and butter. It is clinically tested and accepted by the Dermatologist for preserving the soft and delicate skin of the baby. It has Organic Apricot oil and Avocado oil that gives proper nourishment.
Babies skin need more attention and precaution. It has Organic Cocoa butter and Sheabutter that help in providing the proper and glowing skin to the baby for a longer period. It does not have SLS and SLES contamination.
- Its Rice Bran Oil helps in keeping the skin moisturised.
- It provides sufficient Vitamins and Minerals to the skin.
- It is a natural baby cream that moisturizes the skin nicely.
- It does not disturb the skin of the baby.
What we like
- It does not contain any synthetic ingredients.
- It provides the skin with a velvety touch.
- It is tested by pediatricians to assure safety.
- It uses jojoba oil and shea butter as powerful ingredients.
4. Sebamed Baby Lotion
This is a pH-balanced moisturizer. It reinforces the extra sensitive-skin of your baby. It contains 7% natural lipids composition which provides long lasting moisturized skin. It has rapid absorption to baby’s skin without any greasy residue. It enhances the skin’s hydro balance.
The composition of glycerin and propylene glycol provides milky skin. The allantoin and Chamomile give proper care to the body surface. It is capable of increasing the hydration level of the skin by 16% within a few days. It is beneficial in counteracting inflammation and irritation of the skin.
- It is a hypoallergenic product that originates after 30 years of research.
- It easily blends throughout baby’s skin and adds softness.
- You can also use it as a night cream.
- It comes with pH value is 5.5.
- Glycerin keeps the skin more hydrated that feeling soft.
- It cures the baby of the diaper rash and resists chafing.
What we like
- It helps in developing the skin’s natural protective hydrolipid barrier.
- It has an easy spreadability that provides comfort to use.
- It protects your baby from a problematic skin condition.
- It is a vegan baby lotion and has a pleasant aroma for baby’s comfort.
5. Mom & World Baby Lotion
It comes with the goodness of vitamin C, E, and B3. It protects the baby’s skin from sun damage and prevents sunburn. It does not make irritation. It has a water-resistant formula. It is a long-lasting body lotion. It is free from paraben.
This moisturizing baby body lotion easily gets blends. It supports healthy collagen production by brightening and strengthening. It is a non-greasy lotion that does not leave any residue after application.
- It is available in 120 ml packaging.
- It is enriched with SPF 50.
- It does not contain sulphate, mineral-oil, and harmful chemicals.
- It is one of the best-selling baby lotions with antioxidant property.
- It contains plant-derived ingredients.
- This mineral-based lotion is non-allergenic.
What we like
- It is ideal for babies with sensitive skin.
- It offers complete UVA and UVB protection.
- It has compact packaging that makes it perfect for travelling purpose.
6. Aveeno Baby Daily Moisturising Lotion
This lotion provides your baby with a soft and gentle look. It consists of natural colloidal oatmeal that moisturizes baby’s skin. This product is the must choice of every mother for their kids. It is a skin care product with natural milk extracts that protect your baby’s skin from harsh chemicals, skin problems and rashes.
Aveeno gives preference to the natural product generation. Presence of rich emollients in this lotion generates the silky-soft skin. It contains five essential constituents that are required for skin health is also available. Its active ingredients defend the chafed, chapped and cracked skin.
- It has the property of non-greasiness thus quickly blends.
- This lotion easily handles the baby’s sensitive skin.
- The practical result is visible by the presence of vitamins and lipids.
- It gives required daily moisture to the baby body.
What we like
- It is paraben-free and phthalate-free also.
- It is one of the best baby lotions for dry and scaly skin.
- It has got approval from the National Eczema Association US.
- The non-clogging of the pore is also its excellent characteristic.
- It has only its product elements combination fragrance.
7. Mothercare All We Know Baby Lotion
This lotion has the composition of olive oil and soothing chamomile. It provides nourishment and moisturization. It is clinically confirmed. It is gentle and mild. It has a fast absorption formula. It is the good option for everyday use.
It has a non-greasy formula that leaves baby’s skin with softness. You can apply it even after one month from birth on the baby’s skin. It is hypoallergenic body lotion. It has a mild fragrance. It comes with a non-greasy formula.
Don’t apply it on eyes; otherwise, your baby will feel painful.
- It is safe for everyday application to moisturize the skin of the baby.
- It doesn’t contain artificial fragrances.
- It suits newly born infants also.
- It keeps baby’s skin like candy floss.
What we like
- It has the approval of dermatologists.
- It is advisable for newborns to other age-group babies.
- It is hypoallergenic and soothes the skin quickly.
- It is a fragrance-free lotion and has no artificial colours.
8. Baby Dove Rich Moisture Nourishing Baby Lotion
This baby nourishing lotion is gentle and soft on the skin. It is a pH neutral formula based hypoallergenic product for infants’ delicate skin. This product is tested and recommended by Dermatologist and Pediatrician. It comes in 200 ml bottle packaging.
It restores the skin moisture for about 24 hours. The skin-softening property starts from its first use. It is a suitable pick for daily use. It gently moisturises the infant skin. It does not create any irritation to the skin of the baby. It is free of harmful chemicals.
- It has a quickly absorbed formula for baby’s delicate skin.
- The pH neutral formula is used in the composition of the lotion.
- It seals all the moisture in the body.
- It is the best-selling baby body lotion for the newborn baby to a toddler as it is hypoallergenic and safe for all skin types.
- Paediatricians have approved this lotion for babies.
What we like
- It keeps baby’s skin healthy and soft.
- It is free of Parabens, Phthalates that does not harm toddler skin.
- The result appears from first use.
- It does not show any allergic reactions.
- It comes with a light fragrance that stays for a long time.
9. Mee Mee Moisturising Baby Lotion
It is a leading brand that generates high-quality babies products. It comes with organic chamomile extracts. It preserves the delicate-skin of babies. This is the best baby lotion with natural ingredients for maintaining the child skin healthful.
It is applicable throughout the skin without leaving any residue. It is infused with fruit extracts that keep skin-hydrated for an elongated time. It is free from harmful chemicals like sulfates, parabens and dyes. It makes skin soft and supple.
- It has the antioxidant characteristic that balances the delicate-skin of the baby.
- It gives benefits to all skin types and enhances the development of the baby’s skin.
- It is hypoallergenic that results in no irritated skin.
What we like
- It is clinically verified for your toddler.
- It is the right product for every age-group of babies.
- It added the goodness of natural extracts.
10. Cetaphil Baby Daily Lotion
It has a triple blend of organic calendula, sweet almond oil and sunflower seed oil. These all moisturise the kidskin. The extraction of Marigold flower is excellent for taking smoothing texture. This certified lotion is composed of soothing organic ingredients with calendula extract.
It is the best baby lotion in India that provides amazing restoration and recovery of the delicate skin. It does not consist of mineral oil. The extraction of sunflower oil and almond oil nourished the skin very well. It also contains shea butter, vitamin E and soybean oil.
- This lotion is tested and accepted by Dermatologist.
- It is free of toxic chemicals.
- It helps in preserving long-lasting moisturization.
- It has sturdy and spill-proof packaging.
- This moisturizer is free from colourant, and it nourishes nicely.
What we like
- It has a natural constituent.
- It contains Shea Butter that is an excellent natural skin conditioner.
- It can be applied to the skin as well as on face also.
- It is the best baby lotion for dry skin and heals the redness of the skin.
Best Baby Lotions Brands
- Baby Dove
- Mee Mee
- Mom & World
- The Moms Co.
How to Choose Baby Lotion?
Baby lotion moistens and softens your baby’s skin. It should be chosen according to the skin-type of the baby. The original generic product should be used. They must be chemical free and safe for baby. Keep a few things in mind before buying the best baby lotion for your baby.
Baby’s Skin Type
Every child has a different skin character. It should be picked up by type of skin. Different creams for both sensitive and dry skin infants are used.
Not Scented Ones
Babies skins quickly react with the environment. So chemicals involved product should not be used. The product should be free from paraben. Sulfate and glycol products should also be avoided. Always choose the right product for baby’s healthy skin that has natural ingredients.
Lotion Made Only For Babies
The multi-age group creams are also present in the market. These creams should not be used to babies. Only babies specified lotions should be preferred for the infants.
Some of the other famous brand has products like Johnson’s baby milk lotion, Himalaya herbal cream, palmer’s baby butter lotion, Aquaphor baby lotion and pigeon baby lotion for smooth and milky skin for babies and defend from skin irritation or issues and are also clinically experimented.
The ingredient composition is an essential factor, and it should be healthy towards toddler skin. They must protect skin from dryness. It should be gentle and mild for skin care of the baby. Natural extracts such as aloe vera, grapefruit etc are good for babies. It should be free from paraben and dyes. Preservatives are used to increase the product’s shelf life but they are known to cause allergic reactions.
It may contain anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that prevent infection and allergies. Always go for a product that has no side effects.
You should keep an eye on the pH value mentioned on the product. High pH value body lotions are harmful to baby’s skin. It may cause itching in the skin area. Baby lotions are specially formulated creams that keep moisturised and give a soothing effect and are different from regular skin lotions.
As the baby skin is sensitive and is prone to extreme weather conditions, so 100% of special care should be made.
The baby products should be rightly chosen. Parents kindly go through the packaging label of the product to ensure the safety of the baby. Check whether it is dermatologically tested or not.
Before buying any product, go through the expiry date of the product. The expired product will harm the skin of the baby. Also, don’t buy that product whose expiry is near around.
Always don’t go for an expensive product. You can check the alternatives with some lower rate. Some right product with reasonable rates is also available. Always prefer the quality and functionality of the product.
Suggestions On Using Baby Lotion
Some important tips are given below for applying baby lotion:
Apply it with Clean Hand
Always clean and dry your hands before applying moisturizer. It does not allow the transfer of germs.
Apply after Bath
Now baby’s skin is clean and fresh. Thus it’s the right time to apply it as essential oils are drain out after a bath.
Intensification in Winter
Babies skin become drier in winter. Apply it regularly as winter brings down the humidity level. It will provide softness and stop the skin from cracking.
Test the Product
Before applying lotion to the whole body of the baby, test it on a small part. Baby lotions are hypoallergenic, but it must be checked ones.
Take the opinion of a paediatrician if you are in a dilemma. A doctor can advise the name of Best-Suited Lotion according to skin type.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why Babies Skin need Lotion?
Sensitive skin demands more care and attention. And babies skin are susceptible. To save them from rashes they need moisturization. Lotions are essential to retaining their smooth and soft skin surface.
2. Which type of Moisturizers is suitable for Babies?
Gentle and mild moistures suit newborn babies. Moisture boosts the infant’s skin. It keeps the skin of your kid hydrated. Always prefer lotion according to the type of skin.
3. Which type of Moisturizers are used for Dry Skin?
Moisturisers containing ointment like petroleum jelly are quite suited for dry skin and sensitive skin. When used daily, it helps in retaining healthful skin quickly.
4. Why Baby Suffers from Eczema?
Eczema is a situation in which baby skin becomes inflamed. Red, cracked and itchy patches are found on the skin. It may occur due to the extensive exposure to dust and dirt. Some food items like dairy and soy product, nuts and seeds, eggs may flare-ups this condition.
5. How to prevent Baby Face and Neck from Rashes?
You can follow some of these points to prevent rashes.
1- Lukewarm bath about 4-5min by using mild soap.
2-By applying a thick layer of lotion.
3-Use laundry detergents that are designed for sensitive skin to minimizes the rashes.
6. What is the Difference Between Baby Lotion and Baby Cream?
Lotion and Cream both are body care products. Each has its unique composition and property.
Lotions are thinner than creams. Quantity of water molecules is high in lotion. The cream has oil in excess volume. It is thick in the consistency, whereas lotions are liquid in texture.