In A Hurry? Our Top 3 Picks To Buy
Every mother wants to provide the full nourishment to their lovely babies. Till the age-of-6, the baby resides on the mother’s milk.
The baby starts to consume solid-food when they grow. The parents get confused about the different types of foods options.
The market has a wide variety of Cerelac and slurps baby food. It is important to prepare balanced and nutritious food for the baby. But it’s not as simple as that. It is quite challenging to choose the right one for your toddler.
Babies food are produced to give a balanced diet to babies. They digest it with ease. The food comes in various flavours and with nutritional content. But it is not a substitute for the everyday mother’s milk.
We have prepared a list of Best Baby Food Products based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We recommend you to read our buying guide for practical shopping.
Top 10 Baby Foods in India 2020
|Nestle Nan Pro||400g|
|Cerelac Nestle Fortified||300g|
|Farex 1 Infant||400g|
|Nestle Nestum Baby Cereal||300g|
Which are the Top 10 Best Baby Food in India 2020?
1. Nestle Ceregrow Fortified Multigrain Cereal
It delivers a nutritional-bowl for your baby. It is a valuable source of iron that gives healthy-growth. It comes with Vitamin A, C, D, and Calcium.
Early childhood is an important phase for a baby. With lots of changes in this phase, nutrition plays a crucial role. For that purpose, it helps to grow nutritional assurance. It is one of the affordable and top-selling product online.
How to prepare Ceregrow?
- Boil the drinking-water for 5 minutes and leaves it for lukewarm.
- Measure the 130ml of lukewarm-water and pour it into a bowl.
- Add 50 gm of Nestle-Ceregrow to the bowl.
- Mix both the things to get the creamlike composition.
- Feeds the baby with the clean spoons.
- Keep this pack in a cool and dry place.
- Try to finish the opened packet within three weeks. Don’t use it after the expiry time.
- Consume prepared-food within the 30 minutes to save from microbial action.
- Clean the scoop provided with the pack and keep it dry.
- It has multi grain, milk, and fruit extracts. Thus, all goodness comes from this single source.
- It contains 17 minerals-and-vitamins.
- It is free from preservatives and flavours.
What we like
- It is a vegetarian.
- It is beneficial for 2 to 5-year-old kids.
- It comes in box packing that ensures complete hygiene.
- It is tasty, so your child will love to eat this meal.
- One bowl a day provides enough nourishment.
2. Nestle NAN PRO 2 Follow-up Formula Powder
Nestle has 150 years of expertise in infants-nutrition. It has a DHA-formula that aids in the development of the baby. Its sodium chloride gives a balanced amount-of-water in the baby’s body. It comes in 400 g of packaging.
It includes an instant-formula with Dhar, Vitamin A, C, D, calcium and zinc. It is a stage-2-product for babies above 6 months. The Nano Pro formula grows with the kids as they produce foods from 6 months infant upto 18 months. It is the sole source of nourishment for an infant.
- Use the prescribed quantity of scoops. Don’t use less or more quantity.
- Wash the enclosed scoop after every use. Keep it dry for future use.
- Try to finish the open packet within three weeks. Avoid its consumption after the date of expiry.
- Use boiled-water and clean utensils. It will protect from germs.
- This milk substitute is not the sole-source of nourishment.
- It is a vegetarian.
- It is a spray dried formula that offers the strength to 6 months old baby.
- It is an excellent form of Calcium. It provides many benefits.
What we like
- It comes in excellent packaging that guarantees safety and hygiene.
- It is easier to use.
3. Cerelac Nestle Fortified Baby Cereal
These baby care products are manufactured by evolving science and research. This cereal comes with the DHA that is great for the toddler. Cerelac is a wholesome meal as it contains wheat, rice and milk.
It has a great taste. It comes with rich-vitamins for the growth of your baby. It comes in 300g of packing.
- Transfer the baby-food directly to the clean and airtight dry jar.
- Ensure that the scoop is clean and dry before use.
Direction for use
- Boil the drinking-water for about 5 minutes.
- Take 100 ml hot-water in a bowl with the help of a measuring cup.
- Add 4 scoops of Cerelac.
- Stir to make the texture creamy.
- Wheat Floors
- Milk Solids
- Soyabean oil
- Corn crunchies
- Tomato crunchies
- Green pea crunchies
- Spinach crunchies
- It is free of added flavours and colours.
- It comes in 300g of packing.
- It contains 17 essential nutrients.
- It ensures healthy growth.
What we like
- It is a complementary baby-food for a kid-of-10months and after.
- It gives the full nourishment only by the two bowls of serving.
4. 1st Bites Rice & Dal Stage – 2
1st Bites is a product of Pristine Organics Brand. It generates products with organic ingredients. This rice-and-dal combo baby-food is the purest and travel-friendly products.
These organic baby food products come with omega-three that improves memory function. It gives 15 g of protein to your kid. It is a milk and cereal-based-food for infant above 6 months.
- Wash the hands and the vessel in the right manner.
- Sterilise the bowl and spoons.
- Boil the drinking-water and let it cool.
- Take near around 75 ml-of-water.
- Mix the three levels of scoops and keep stirring.
- Feeds the infant with 3-4 times a day.
- These organic baby foods have a mixture of organic dal-and-rice.
- It is good for the digestion.
- It contains vitamins and minerals.
- It comes with the Omega 3.
What we like
- It is ideal for eight months to 24 months of babies.
- It comes in 300 g of packing.
- It does not contain any artificial scent and colour.
5. Enfamil A+ Stage 1 Infant Formula
Enfamil is one of the Most Reliable and Popular Baby Food Brands that Pediatrician recommends. It has a DHA-formula that is useful for the child-development. You only need water to prepare this. It is an ideal choice for your newborn and six months of toddlers.
It supports your child-development and nourishes your child-growth. It contains the expert-recommended-level of DHA and choline.
- It is of powder type.
- It does not cause constipation. The baby consumes it with comfort.
- It comes in 400g packing.
What we like
- Every vital information is available on the container.
- It comes in a tin container.
- It has choline for cognitive-development.
What we didn’t like
- It is expensive.
- It contains a booklet that is only in English and no other language.
- It does not contain a scoop.
6. Farex 1 Infant Formula Refill
Farex makes stage-1 based products for babies that are sold online. It offers nutrition with mother’s milk. It is a 100 % vegetarian that makes it safe. It is the best baby food that gives the benefits of both milk and cereals. It has taurine that improves the immune system.
It is made to fulfil all nutrition at each stage of life of an infant. It ensures proper health and nourishment.
- Soya Lecithin
- Partially Skimmed Milk
- Edible Oil
- Demineralised Whey Solids.
- It is made with Choline and Taurine that is beneficial for the kid.
- It comes in tin packing, so we don’t need any other container for storage.
- It has the lactose that is helpful for maintaining a healthy digestive system.
- It contains 100% veg milk substance.
What we like
- It is reasonable product.
- It is perfect for stage1 babies.
7. Baby Staples Quinoa Zucchini Cereal
Baby Staples is one of the trustworthy organic baby food brands that produce a wide range of baby care products. This Cereal is the powerhouse of nutrients. Doctors suggest it. It contains red lentils that are a great source of proteins and nutrition.
The presence of quinoa gives Vitamin-B and rich fibres. It is a perfect choice for babies with 8 + month. Thus, it is a much better option for the infant’s daily food needs.
- It is 100% organic.
- It contains all 9 essential amino acids.
- It has non-GMO gluten-free quinoa seeds that are a rich source of plant proteins.
- It is the best baby food that is easy to digest. It is saponin free.
- It has zucchini and pumpkin that give Vitamin-C. It has a carrot that adds flavours with Vitamin-A.
What we like
- It does not contain any preservatives or additives.
- It needs only 2 minutes to get ready.
- It comes in 200 g packing.
8. Nestlé Nestum Baby Cereal
It fulfils all-nutritional needs. It contains rice flour that does not create any allergy for the babies. The baby digests it with ease. It is the best-suited budget-friendly snacks items. Its 300 g pack comes inside the box to maintain the hygiene.
It covers nutritional-requirements apart from breast milk. It is a complementary-food for babies after 6 months.
- Clean your hand before preparing and serving foods.
- Boil the clean drinking-water up to 5 minutes and let it cool down.
- Measure 162.5ml-of-water and pour it into the bowl.
- Add four scoops of cereal into water.
- Stir the solution to get the smooth texture.
- Feed your infant with a clean spoon.
- It does not contain any milk substitute.
- It does not have any artificial preservatives, flavours, and fragrance.
- It contains rice-flour and sucrose.
What we like
- It is suitable for babies from 6 months up to the age-of-2-years.
- It has good taste.
9. Similac Advance Infant Formula Stage 1
Similac-Advance makes these baby care products with Optigro-formula. These are helpful for the baby eye. It is stage-1-product. It comes with the lutein-enriched method that gives the proper health. It comes with soy and coconut oil.
It is the infant milk substitute for kids up to 6 months. It supports normal growth and development. It provides deep nourishment.
- The jar comes with the sealed foil pouch.
- Try to use it within two weeks or before the expiry date.
- Try to put the foil inside the jar.
- Keep this in cold and dry place.
- It has calcium for bones-development.
- It contains six fatty acids and omega 3. It is essential for the health of the brain.
What we like
- It is suitable for 6-month babies.
- It is sucrose-free infant milk.
- It comes in 400 g packing.
10. Dexolac Special Care Infant Formula
It is for the babies who are born before 37 weeks. Its 100 ml gives 79 kcal energy level. It contains nucleotides that promote baby-growth. This special-formula maintains the immune system.
It provides the all nutrition at each stage of life to the infant. Its ingredients are helpful for digestive-health, immune functioning, development-of-the-brain and strong bones. The ingredients include Vitamin A, C, E, selenium, and Omega 3 or and 6-fatty acids.
- It is perfect for 6-month age-group.
- It acts as a nutritious supplement.
- It assists in overcoming the low birth weight problem.
- The presence of calcium and phosphorus lead to strong bones.
- It comes with the omega 3 and fatty-acid.
- It does not cause constipation as it is digestible.
What we like
- It comes in 500 g of packing.
- It gives an energy-level of 79kcal/100ml.
- It is a good substitute for premature babies.
Best Baby Food Brands
- Baby Staples
- Enfamil A+
- Similac Advance
- 1st Bites
Other ProductsYou May Consider
- Early Foods Organic Porridge Mix
- Happa Organic Sprouted Ragi, Carrot And Beetroot Porridge Mix
- Happa Organic Apple + Banana Fruit Puree Baby Food
- Happa Organic Sprouted Ragi, Banana Mango Porridge Mix
- Mimmo Organics Sprouted Ragi Porridge Mix
- Tiny Spoons Organic Baby Food Puree
There are three-stages that lead the movement of your child from the milk to solid food.
First Stage: Purees
American Academy of Pediatrics recommends serving babies with solid-food when they starting sitting with support.
You can add this to your baby-meal at the age of 4 to 6 months. You can give them with thin purees of veggies extract and fruits (apple). Single grain cereals are most suited for them. In the beginning, offer a suitable-size.
Always the select the food-item that can assure that there is no food-allergy or digestive-issue with the product.
Second Stage: Thicker Consistency
Your baby will be able to pick up the objects with fingers and thumbs. There will be less drool generation from the baby-mouth. Between 8-10 months of baby-growth, you can serve mashed food-item. Sweet potato can be served to the baby.
You can begin with a quarter cup to half a cup-of-food twice a day. But if your baby turns his head, then stop-feeding him. He does not want more to eat.
Third Stage: Soft Chunks
By this time, your baby can hold the spoons and has more teeth to swallow the food. After ten months and so your baby will be ready to have soft chunks of food-item. He can chew the food.
Baby can enjoy two food groups (veggies, fruits, proteins, grains) at breakfast and lunch. You can feed your infant with a quarter cup of meat, vegetables, and fruits (apple, banana) in the dinner.
What are the Different Types?
It comes in different forms. All the types have the same nutritional standpoint.
It comes in the canister and the little packet. It can be easily used when you travel with your baby. It gets ready by mixing water to it. It is a low budget food available in the market. But it may cause constipation to some babies.
Concentrated liquid formula
It is less messy to prepare as compared to powder-formula. You can add some water to it before giving it to them. It is costly then powder-formula.
Ready to use formula
It is the most convenient way to serve nourishment to your infant. It has a creamy and thick consistency. It does not need any water to get mixed. It causes less chance of constipation. But it is expensive as compared to the other two.
What is the Aid of Organic Baby Food?
It is made up of without any pesticides and fertilisers. They do not cause harm to the digestion.
You can look at these benefits before feeding them ready-made foods.
The organic baby food does not have harmful-chemical in it. It has natural pesticides and fertilisers. Organic food is not much appetising as compared to non organic baby food but it is healthy. Organic food contains vitamins. They come with the label of 95 % or 100 % organic baby food products. It is costly than non organic baby food products.
There is a direct relationship between diet-and-growth. If your baby eats healthy and organic baby food, then it is good for growth. The right foods deliver adequate nourishment to the children. The mental and physical growth of the baby grows with rapid speed. It reduces their chance of being ill.
The non-organic foods have a spray of chemicals. The rain removes these harmful-chemicals from the plant. It mixes with the soil and contaminates the water of that area.
How to Choose the Baby Food?
Deciding the right food for your infant is not an easy task. Keep these points or details in mind before buying the food for your baby.
Look for Iron
Always select the food that is enriched with iron, it is necessary for the baby-growth. For this reason, add the iron-rich sources in the regular baby-food meal.
Look for the reputed food brands that offer excellent taste with nourishment and quality.
Quality of Ingredient
Do not negotiate with the quality of the material. The lousy quality of food will affect your children health. So read the label regarding its constituents.
Don’t trust only marketing
Do not get influenced by the marketing of any particular product. Not all the things need to be right as mentioned. Confirm it by checking the nutritional-terms.
There is a famous saying that ‘you get what you pay for’. But it is not necessary. You can find and get some rich quality-product at nominal prices.
The baby food products are created by keeping their age-criteria in mind. All age-group babies have different capacities. You should purchase the products according to the digestion power.
Prefer to go with the food that has clinical approval that ensures full-safety.
Select organic food items. The food you will serve your child should be free from chemicals and sugar. It should contain only natural veggies and organic food. It should be free from preservatives.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best age to feed the baby with food?
The Paediatrician recommends breastfeeding up to age-of-6months. But most infants started consuming solid-food at the age of 4-6months. So you can try with your baby from this time interval.
2. Does the baby require breastfeeding with solids?
The primary nourishment in the baby body goes from the mother’s milk. The baby needs mother’s milk with the solid’s food. This solid-food is an additional product for them.
3. When my baby can start eating finger food?
Generally, after the age-of-8 and nine months, babies start feeding themselves. They will begin to grab and snatch the food plate to eat by themselves.
4. What are the terrible impacts of non-organic foods?
The non-organic foods contain urea that creates kidney disease. It can lead to cancer, mental disorder, etc.