In A Hurry? Our Top 3 Picks To Buy
Cricket is one of the ultimate and exciting games across the world. There are massive fan following of Indian cricketers as cricket is the heart-throb of Indians. The demand for cricket bats is high among kids as well as adults who play cricket in their free time.
Various brands for cricket bat are available in the market that makes it tough to choose the suitable one. A wrong bat can affect the player’s performance.
Based on Market Research, we have prepared a buyer’s guide along with a list of Best Cricket Bats in India 2019.
We highly recommend you to read our buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Which are the Top 10 Best Cricket Bats in India 2019?
1. SG RSD Spark Kashmir Willow Cricket Bat
This cricket bat is made from good quality English willow material. It gives you style with durable performance. The new multicolour player grip comes with this bat that provides a perfect sense of control. It is loved by the players who love to play the ball between the gaps.
The design of this bat provides stability for playing the powerful shot. It is suitable for children above 15 years. This a reliable and durable product from SG. It comes with thick edges and curved shaped blades that provide good power for stroke play.
- A premium imported Sarawak cane used for the preparation of the cricket bat handle.
- The multicolour cricket bat includes 11 to 13 straight grains.
- Its handle delivers excellent control and ideal power pack.
- It comes with a toe guard for maintaining the moisture level.
- Its backside is fully covered with fabric and front is loaded with grains tape.
- With the weight of 1180-1250 grams, it is easy to hold and helps to hit four’s or sixes.
2. GM Sting Kashmir Willow Cricket Bat
The well pressed and having a round face, this Kashmir Willow Bat is a fantastic cricket bat. This Kashmir Willow cricket bat is the perfect fit for the children who are above 12. Its weight is from 1175 to 1300gm.
The master craftsmen have handcrafted this cricket bat. The bat is made from top-grade Kashmir willow with a short handle for better control overstrikes. It is crafted by masters craftsmen.
- It is designed to praise your game with explosive power.
- It gives traditionally shaped and styled when playing strong shots.
- It has massive edges for exquisite balance.
- Its handle gives you the greatest stability during playing shots.
- You can play with leather and sports ball as well.
- It is a powerful bat that ensures lighter pickup.
3. MRF Genius Willow Cricket Bat
This is a popular Willow cricket bat that is perfect for playing 8 – 15 years boys and girls. The bat absorbs shock well to prevent damage and strain to your hands in the long run. It is a perfect bat for the modern batsmen.
The round handle top of the cricket bat is comfortable to hold. The cricket bat is of grade one. The bat handle is made of MRFF cane that is light and sturdy. The bat can withstand lightweight, soft balls.
- It is meant for playing with a lightweight sport ball only.
- It comes with a short handle.
- The blade of a bat is made of famous willow that is exceptionally hardy.
- It is suitable for rubber balls.
- It has a toe guard that prevents the bat from any damage.
- It is suitable for advanced, training and beginner playing level.
- It holds a weight of 999 grams.
- It has extra thick edges that assure effortless pickup.
4. SG Phoenix Extreme Kashmir Willow Cricket Bat
This Cricket Bat provides a rebound system of power, execution, and confidence. It is a Grade 3 Kashmir Willow Cricket bat with an extreme mid-profile with the concave spine. This cricket bat meets all your expectations when batting. It is the best cricket bat for beginners.
It has a broad flat face with a slight curvature. It provides an even distribution across the full face of the bat. The mass of the bat is 1.32 kilogram. It is a reliable and durable bat. Its design offers maximum resistance during playing the shots.
- It is suitable for novices.
- It has a slightly square that increases the hitting surface area.
- Its rubber toe guard helps to protect the bat from scratches or damage.
- It comes with a round handle with a comfortable grip made out of cane and rubber.
- It provides an optimal blend of control and power during your batting.
- It has thick edges and a curved blade.
- It has grain face tape with a full-length cover.
5. SG Max Cover Kashmir Willow Cricket Bat
This Cricket Bat is perfect for the age group of 10 to 12 years children. Now you can encourage your child sports with this size 5 Bat by SG Max. It delivers excellent control over your bat and enables you to play high shots.
This Cricket Bat comes with a sturdy build and a fantastic grip for hitting fours and sixes. The only issue with this bat is that it doesn’t have a comfortable grip. The bat is made of standard quality Kashmir willow wood and fits with cane handle. It delivers excellent control over your bat and enables you to play high shots.
- This bat is covered in grain faced tape that gives a smooth finish and a stylish look.
- It is ideal for the juniors.
- With fabric-covered, it ensures extra durability and full-length bat cover.
- Its handle delivers superior power, control, and maximum stability.
6. SS Magnum English Willow Cricket Bat
SS Magnum is a popular brand that produces willow bats and sells at an affordable price. This is made up of English Willow wood. This Cricket bat that is used by the age group of 6-7 years kids.
If you are one who is looking for the light weight bat, it is a perfect option that fulfils your cricket needs. The cricket bat comes with a hydrophilic and breathable coating. It reduces the condensation in the garment. It has a round-shaped handle that is made of Sarawak Combination Cane.
- It comes with a scale grip.
- It is available in different sizes.
- It comes with concave edges and is light in weight.
- It is an advanced level of bat that promise to give you superior performance.
- It is appropriate to play with the leather and sport ball.
7. SS Magnum Kashmir-Willow Cricket Bat
This is a Kashmir Willow Cricket bat that assists you in applying your batting skills while playing cricket. This brand is one of the trustworthy brands in the market. You don’t need to take worry about its quality.
It comes with a round-shaped handle that is made up of Sarawak Cane material. It has curved edges that offer better shots. It is a lightweight bat that provides excellent performance. It is a reliable and durable bat. It comes with super rebound quality.
- It has thick edges and blade that give optimum control and balance.
- It is suitable for a normal ball and leather ball.
- It is a good cricket bat that has a weight of 1150gm.
- It comes with Chevron grip handle.
8. WilCraft WC 40-42mm English Willow Cricket Bat
WilCraft WC has brings another English Willow Cricket Bat with cover and toe guard. Seven plus grains included in this cricket bat. It comes with 40-42 mm blades sizes.
The weight of the bat is 1150-11250 grams. It comes with 7 or 8 straight grains. It offers maximum stability for playing a powerful shot. The bat has finished texture. It is a long-lasting and reliable product. It is available in different sizes.
- It comes with a significant edge of 40 – 44mm and spine of 65 – 75mm.
- It has a maximum sweet spot and low profile.
- It is a fantastic punch full-size short handle bat.
- You can play it with dukes and season balls.
9. OEM KBM Tennis Popular Cricket Bat
Now be confident and fearless as this famous cricket Bat provides stable balance to shoot up the ball. This cricket bat is lightweight that stays comfortably in your hands. Its pick up is light-weight.
The weight range of this cricket bat is 1000 to 1180gm. It is suitable for playing great shots. It is available in different sizes. Its handle offers a comfortable grip during matches.
- It is suitable for a tennis ball, plastic ball and wind ball.
- You can play only with a tennis ball.
- Its toe guard protects the wood from any damage.
- It is available at a reasonable price.
10. Nomex Plumcot Himachal Willow Bat
This Bat with full cane handle is perfect for the 15 or above age. It is a premium Himachal Willow cricket bat that is made with the unique cricket bat design at the back. It is a light weight bat.
It offers a strong grip for powerful shots. It is ideal for daily practice and test matches. It is a durable bat. It comes with a broad width and extra bend feature for the better performance of the batsman. It has a strong handle that offers a comfortable grip. It comes in a stylish design with water resistance feature.
- It is a lightweight that offers full control and can play with sport and rubber ball.
- It comes with a thick and curved blade for powerful stroke play.
- With this bat, you should avoid heavy and hard balls.
- Its handle size is of 11 inches, and blade size is of 22.5 inches.
- It is perfect for the all-round season.
Most Popular Cricket Bat Brands in India
Features To Look For the Best Cricket Bats?
Crickets Bats are available in numerous shapes and design, but some are not good from their quality. Before purchasing, always look for specifications that give surety about the product, whether it is safe for playing or not. If cricket is your profession and you want to achieve cricket goals then before taking cricket equipment, the following are the essential factors that you should take into consideration.
You should know your need first. If you play the match with a tennis ball, then a tennis-cricket bat is the right choice. If you play with leather balls, opt for a thicker bat.
Cricket bats are carved from natural fibrous wood willow. There are two types of willow used in making the bats, and they are English willow and Indian willow.
- English Willow: It is a timber that is soft and fibrous. It is the preferred choice for most of the manufacturers of bats. It has a high-performance effect when striking the ball. The willow type will become damaged over time. The cricket bat will become dented and scarred due to the game nature, and due to the high-intensity impacts of the ball, the bat becomes prone to damage.
- Kashmir Willow: Kashmir willow is available in India and is mostly used by cricket bat manufacturers as a substitute for English willow. The Kashmir willow has fewer performance effects as compared to the English willow bats as it is regarded as the harder wood. Only low range bats use Kashmir willow. An adult player doesn’t choose a Kashmir Willow bat for use.
- Carbon Fibre: Some of the cricket bat manufacturers insert extra carbon texture into the cricket handle. It makes the handle of cricket bat lighter.
- Titanium: Due to the latest technological advancements and innovations, the titanium material can be inserted into the cricket bats handle. It delivers more power in the hitting zone and reinforcement.
Number of Grains
There are a variety of English Willow cricket bats. Grade A and Grade 1+ are the highest quality of English willow. The number of grains differs from bat to bat. Grains are the lines that present on the bat face. The more the grains, the better bat performs. The grain between 6 and 12 is a perfect of quality willow.
Following are some premium range of bats with lower grains.
- Grade 1+ (For the test match standard)
- G1 (For the professional standard)
- G2 (For the top club standard)
- G3 (For the lower-league standard)
- G4 (For the beginner standard)
Toe is the weakest part of a cricket bat. So, there should be applied a top guard to protect it. Now, most of the cricket bats come with a toe guard feature. Whenever a batsman taps the bat on the ground, the toe guard protects the toe from damage. It is a good idea to fit a toe guard that reduces the risk of breakage.
Shape, Size And Bow Of Bat
Ensure the bat size before buying the bat. It is a matter of your personal preference. Some of the players prefer cricket bats with a large bow and others don’t. Professional players prefer a more massive bow and thicker edges that meet the rigours of the modern game. The size of the bow has an impact on the pick-up of the cricket bat.
Good handle absorbs the shock from the ball. Most of the professional batsman opt a short handle for greater control of the blade. If you are above 6 inches, choose for a bat with a long handle.
Covered / Uncovered Face
The fabric of the cricket bat becomes visible due to the uncovered look. The covered look doesn’t immediately show the blade of the bat. The grain of the cricket bat is evident in case of the exposed look. Whereas the covered-look means that the blade doesn’t show immediately.
There are a variety of reliable brands available in the market. The top brands, such as SS, GM, are the most popular. An ideal bat is a blend of the taste of the batsman and skill of a bat-maker. If you need a bat for more prolonged use, always go for a branded product.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is It Necessary To Use An Oil On A Cricket Bat?
Yes. It is necessary to use an oil on your cricket bat before use. As per manufacturer’s reporting, 50 per cent of bats returned to them for repair haven’t been sufficiently oiled. Use a soft rag and apply a thin coat of oil to the edges, face, toe and back of the bat.
2. Which Is The Ideal Type Of Cricket bat?
English Willow is the best material bat, and this is the reason it tends to be the most expensive. It is durable that makes the bat longlasting.
3. Is It Necessary Of Knocking In The Cricket Bat?
Knocking into the cricket bat is a necessary part for the preparation. All cricket bats perform better once they have knocked. The toe, edges and blade need to be well knocked in that withstand from the impact of a cricket ball. It helps to prevent damage and breakages to the bat.