The beauty is not about using royal makeup and dresses up like a Bollywood star. It is the gold accessory for women, so never let them fade. The tickled pink face and intensive makeup are incomplete without having beautiful hair. There are many health benefits of olive oil for skin and hair care.
Are you scared from grey hairs and to hide them with artificial hair colours? Of course, yes! Have you dreamt of long hair and want to channelise your inner bombshell? Olive Oil is the ‘Mool Mantra’ that promotes hair growth by supplying vitamins and essential nutrients. The fruit of Olea europaea, namely ‘Olive’ is the heal-all for scalp and skin conditions.
We have prepared a list of Best Olive Oils for Hair based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 Olive Oil in India
Which are the Top 10 Best Olive Oil for Hair in India 2020?
1. Grandeur 100% Pure And Natural Cold Pressed Olive Oil
Grandeur is one of the most reliable olive oil brands. This oil from this brand comes with the extract of cold-pressed olives. The mix of vitamins and essential-nutrients prevent the keratin in hair. By applying olive oil to the cuticles, you will get healthy shine and sufficient moisture to soothe the hair-scalp and stay hydrated.
This hair oil is made under the guidance of National Award Winner & Limca Book Of World Record Holder. Its ayurvedic treatment heals the infection, dryness, worsen hair conditions. It aids in getting the eyebrow and eyelashes, thicker and darker.
- It includes a high amount of antioxidants to lessen the loss of skin cells.
- Its anti-ageing-properties give you home spa experience, positive energy and relief from extreme pain.
- It is beneficial for both skin and hair care.
- The bottle contains 200 ml of olive oil.
What We Like
- This unfiltered olive oil is 100% free of chemicals.
- It is the extremely effective cleanser to remove makeup, grime, dirt to keep the skin fresh and moisturised.
2. Morpheme Remedies Organic Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Olive Oil
This extra virgin olive oil is the hair care solution to fight against loss of hair. It acts as a daily moisturiser to nourish the most skin-types to bring a healthy glow. Few drops of extra virgin olive oil work wonder on hair to deliver glossy finish.
You can use it as a night cream and for the growth of eyelashes. The concoction of olive oil with two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice provides conditing to the hair. Apply the mixture before head wash for 20 to 30 minutes and then rinse with shampoo.
- It has a quantity of 120ml.
- Its main motive is to give maximum-nutrients.
- The extra virgin olive oil has the goodness of natural oils with zero artificial preservatives.
- It is perfect for baby bodies massage.
- It gives fatigue relaxation along with strengthening the bones.
- It protects your skin from external factors.
- Two tablespoons of olive oil with hot water helps in nail growth.
What We Like
- Both men and women can use this oil for glowing skin.
- This hair oil gives longer hair by using a mix of egg yolks.
- It maintains thick consistency after shampooing.
3. Soulflower Olive Oil
Soulflower is one of the perfect olive oil brands available in the market. It is the undiluted, 100% vegan handmade olive oil that stops loss of hair with Coldpressed therapy. The one-stop-solution to magnify the beauty of hair and skin. It comes with Therapeutic and Healing qualities that ensure health and wellness benefits. You can use this olive oil for skin benefits also.
It is specially made for women to provide healing spa experience at home. Massage your body with This is a light olive oil to get positive energy and peaceful sleep. It has a sharp fruity-smell and comes in yellow-colour. This olive oil is ideal for hair, skin, nails and the entire body.
How to Apply
Use a few drops of Soulflower with almond, coconut and sesame oil for better results and natural shine on hair. Lightly massage it over the hair-scalp.
- It avoids bare-scalp and flakes.
- It limits the splits-ends to manage the hair-growth cycle.
- It can improve skin health and soothes dryness.
- It is full of anti-ageing antioxidating and hydrating squalene.
What We Like
- It is secure for all types-of-hair.
- It is suitable for all skin type from normal to dry skin.
- It is a natural moisturiser that ensures no side effects.
- It removes the impurities, dust and makeup from the delicate skin.
- It controls the fine-lines and signs-of-ageing.
4. Nature's Absolutes Olive Oil
Nature’s is one of the popular olive oil brands. It is a blended olive oil from necessary oils from this brand to provide high-nutrients to both skin and hair. It is a Coldpressed Olive Oil that can be used from skin care to hair care.
The fatty-acid of olive oil is good for premature greying and does deep nourishment of the damaged scalp. Its anti ageing qualities enhance the nutritive value to lessen the sign-of-ageing from under eyes while massaging on the face. It also works as makeup removal.
- The package contains 200 ml of olive oil.
- It reduces dandruff, irritation and gives a shine to rough-hair.
- It circulates-blood in follicles of hair to make them thicky.
- It nourishes skin and deeply absorbed into the skin to eliminate residues to keep the face glowing.
- It helps in hydration to bring the soft, smooth, radiant and glow.
- It is great for eyelashes and eyebrows. You can apply a little amount of drop to make the lashes dark & intense.
What We Like
- The olive oil is ideal for both men and women.
- It is good for all the hair-type.
- It is good for both the normal and combination skin.
- It is useful for aromatherapy to relieve you from pain & keep the body fresh and cool.
5. The Balance Mantra Olive Oil Pure Premium Quality Carrier Oil
It is the unscented, undiluted skin care and hair care product. It smoothens the hair roots and helps in regrowing lost hair. Due to its nature made qualities, the oil is applicable for multi-purpose use.
Olive Carrier lightens the dark circles and returns the natural glow. These products are suitable for removing stretch marks, hair and scalp treatment.
- It effectively removes makeup.
- It avoids razor burns, bumps, redness, irritation when it is slathered before shaving.
- It supplies fatty-acids to give you with a significant conditioning effect.
- It naturally derived and processed for retaining the essence of olives.
- It contains 200ml quantity of 100% pure nourishing hair oil for proper growth.
What We Like
- It is suitable for all family members.
6. Indus Valley Bio Organic Extra Virgin Olive Massage Oil
It is the Safe, Gentle and Natural massage oil that helps in nourishing the hair. It is the intense moisturizer that penetrates deep into the skin layers. With a lightweight formula, it easily absorbs in the skin. It is helpful in deep conditioning of the hairs. Its regular application gives healthy results to both hair and skin. It helps to repair damage caused by the harmful UV rays of the sun.
It is obtained by grinding the fresh olives in the granite milestones press. It has all-natural properties and nutrients intact. It works wonder in terms of hair and skin care. On the other side, it helps to strengthen the bones and muscles. It also comes with various benefits for the overall health of the nail. Thus, it is an all-in-one complete product to improve hair and skin health.
- It has a quantity of 100ml.
- It is an extra virgin cold-pressed oil.
- It is rich in Vitamin A, B, D, and E that are helpful to provide essential nutrients to the skin.
- It gives you healthier, smoother and softer skin.
- It comes with the fatty acids, proteins and antioxidants that boost strength, lustre and thickness of the hairs.
- It acts as a stimulant for hair growth.
- It prevents hair loss and promotes hair growth.
- It reduces frizziness and dryness.
- It naturally adds glamour and fashion quotient.
- It is well cold pressed at the lower temperatures to retains its essential aroma and nutritional value.
- It gives long-lasting moisturization up to 8 hours.
What We Like
- It is organic.
- It is safe for people of all age groups.
- It can be used as a skin toner and makeup removal.
- It does not have any side effects.
- It helps in reducing the formation of stretch marks.
- It contains no Bisphenol A or Hexane that makes it 100% chemical-free.
7. Green & Brown Olive Oil
This olive oil offers great hair care and beauty benefits to Indian ladies. It has an extract of olives to transfer rich-nutrients, antioxidants, Vitamin A, D, K and E to repair hair-damage.
The perfect moisturiser for dry skin, body, and head massage. It doesn’t contain chemical-ingredients to keep your skin allergic-free. It is from one of the affordable and best olive oil brands.
How to Apply
Add a tablespoon of olive oil and mix the basic oil in bathwater. Mix it gently and massage with your hands in a circular motion to get a sparkling effect.
- It corrects the skin tone and lessens the dark circles with regular application.
- It treats skin related problems like burns, wounds, inflammation and yeast infection.
- It leaves the moisture to stays hydrated in every season.
- It brings natural glow and maintains the pH level of the body.
What We Like
- It is ideal for oiling, cleansing, moisturising, toning.
- The package contains 200ml of liquid form.
8. Greenberry Organics Organic Olive Oil
This olive oil for skin and hair care is famous for its deeply moisturising and anti-ageing properties. The versatility of this pure olive oil makes a valuable addition in your daily grooming. It is 100% vegan and not tested on the animal body.
It is composed of USDA and Ecocert ingredients. This olive carrier oil aids you to overcome the skin itching, dullness, sunburns, pimply rash. It is the one-solution for thinning hair, dry scalp, and frizz.
- It blends easily to deliver nutrients that are essential for skin and hair care.
- It is rich in antioxidants and vitamin A & E that helps to gets rid of dry-lines and wrinkles.
- It restores the natural hair balance with help in blood-circulation.
- Its hydrating and moisturizing properties make your skin soft, supple and nourished.
- It deeply penetrates the skin to remove sticky dust from face, skin and hair.
- Its nourishing touch up on hair gives protection from external factors like pollution & dust.
- It fights against acne and bacteria.
What We Like
- It is useful for cuticle care, skin care, nail care and many more.
- It gives powerful results when applied with other essential oils.
- It can be used as an aroma-therapy to boost up the immune system & relax your body.
9. UrbanBotanics Pure Olive Oil
Urban Botanics is one of the famous best olive oil brands that produce high-quality of the hair-oil for everyday use. It is a pure, natural and unrefined oil agent that provides Primary acids, Vitamin E & A.
It helps in removing-makeup without performing many efforts. By using a little drop of olive oil on a cotton swab smoothly clears the lip shades. You can use it as a kajal and eyeliner remover.
Benefits of Using this Olive Oil
There are many benefits of olive oil such as it seals the moisture, hair stays pliable. The natural antioxidant properties of olive oil support healthy skin, preserves the protective lipid layer to reduce oxidative stress. These vitamins are necessary for maintaining the growth of hair.
You don’t need to acquire body spa after regular massaging with olive oil. The oil keeps the skin moisturized. It has antioxidants and essential fatty acids that relieve you from microbial skin infections and dry skin. It reduces stretch marks from the skin and improves blood circulation.
It fixes the dull and brittle nails to improve their appearance and can promote growth.
- It is 100% pure and doesn’t include chemicals, additives and hexane.
- It reliefs from joint pains and sore muscles.
- It boosts the energy levels and supplies proper nourishment to the body.
- It removes the darkness from under the eye and gets rid of chapped lips.
- It is made up of the cold pressing with the goodness of olive extract.
What We Like
- It improves the texture of the skin.
- It comes in a plastic bottle packaging with 250 ml quantity.
10. Noor Secrets Massage Olive Oil
Noor-Secrets is one of the popular olive oil brands in India for many years. This olive oil from this brand is a pure and potent infused with tea tree essential oil for deep-conditioning. Massaging with extra-virgin cold-pressing oil act as a hair mask to protect from pollution, dust and split ends.
This extra virgin olive oil is also used in aroma-therapy as an essential oil. It can give you shiny nails & smoothens the outer layer of the body when using before going to bed. It is a chemical-free oil for your skin care.
- It can give you youthful and radiant skin by fading up fines lines and wrinkles.
- It brings positive energy when using for body massage.
- The extra virgin olive oil is an excellent remedy to cure premature ageing.
- It can be used as an eye makeup remover.
- It regenerates the skin cells to develop a natural glow.
What We Like
- It is obtained from the state of the art GMP certified facility.
- It is first-press Coldpressed olive oil.
- It gives a shiny-look with honey and egg yolk.
Most Popular Olive Oil Brands in India
- The Balance Mantra
- Green & Brown
- Greenberry Organics
- Indus Valley
- Morpheme Remedies
- Nature’s Absolutes
- Noor Secrets
How to Choose Olive Oil for Hair?
Olive-Oils are easily accessible in the market, but it might be confusing to understand which one is 100% vegan and natural. So, in this section, we have mentioned some important points that you should keep in mind several things before purchasing the olive oil. Review this information to make your shopping easier.
Types of Olive Oil
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Cold Pressed)
The extra virgin olive oils have anti-ageing-properties to soothe the scalp from irritation, dandruff and dryness. It adds a valuable addition to your beauty routine. The extra virgin olive oil makes the hair-thicker and keeps healthy hair for a long time. It is an effective moisturiser for massaging the skin, hair and body.
The extra virgin olive oil is chemical free. It gives protection from pollution and lessens frizzy hairs. It is extracted from the olives by using the cold-press-method. It doesn’t use solvent and high heat like other vegetable oils.
The extra virgin olive oil is good for multi-use. You can also use it for cooking, skin and nail care, acne treatment.
Virgin Olive Oil
Virgin Olive-Oil works similarly as Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The main difference is in their oleic-acidic level. It can be used for baking and frying. It contains low saturated acids that are good for maintaining a healthy diet.
Refined Olive Oil
It is mostly available in grocery stores. It is excellent for making Indian dishes. It has a blend of refined olives and flaxseeds to renew the body cells. It reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Pure Olive Oil
It contains a high source of Mufa, Anti-oxidant to give effective results while massaging on body and hair.
It is an Ayurvedic oil that suits all skin types from oily to combination. But if you have any skin allergy, then before use consult with your doctor.
It is not necessarily that olive oil is available in similar-colour. In the market, olive oil comes in pale yellow, golden or green colour. The oil-colour means nothing as it looks different due to their ripening of olives. You should focus on the best olive oil brand.
The oil has saturated, unsaturated and monosaturated acids. It also contains omega acids, vitamin A & E. The antioxidants in olive oil reduces oxidative stress to improve the growth of hair.
Gluten-free & Unscented
Never rely on the attractive fragrance of the oil. It may cause an allergic reaction on the skin. If you want long hair with good health, then always choose that is 100%-pure and free of the chemicals, preservative, sulphates, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do Olive Oil Helps in Hair Growth?
Yes, Olive oil is made up of monosaturated acids to promote the growth of hair. It is rich in anti-oxidants that are good for hair health. Regular massage with olive oil enhances the circulation of blood in hair surface & provides a shiny look to dry hairs.
2. What Is The Difference Between Virgin & Extra Virgin Olive Oil?
Olive oil is a liquid form that derives from the pressing or crushing tiny fruits called olives. It has another name as ‘Whole-Olives’. It is mainly a composition of linoleic, fatty and oleic acid. It can be used as a cosmetic product, fuel for traditional lamps, making-soaps. It is rich in antioxidants and vitamins. You can use it for hair massage to strengthen the tips of the hair. It can improve the circulation-of-blood in your scalp and keeps the hair follicles stronger. Whereas, Extra Virgin Olive Oil immerses with nature-based cold-pressed-olives for cooking purposes.
3. Which Country Produces Olive Oil?
Spain is the largest producer of olive oil. Italy, Greece, Tunisia, Morocco, Syrian Arab Republic, Turkey, Portugal, Algeria, Argentina, USA are the popular countries that produce olive oil in tonnes.
4. Which Is Better For Hair – Coconut Oil Or Olive Oil?
Both are effective in their way. Both are used as a herbal hair care product. The distinction between Coconut and Olive Oil are so many. Some of them are given below that helps you to find the oil for hair-growth as per your choice.
Benefits of Massaging with Coconut Oil
- It is an anti-fungal and anti-microbial agent to treat yeast infection that causes dandruff.
- It is good for dry hair because it nourishes the scalp and stops hair from getting dry.
- It inhibits the formation of lice.
- It holds ultra-moisturising-properties to get rid of excessive hair loss.
- It is a pre-hair wash mask to strengthen the hair. Most of the researchers believe that massaging with coconut-oil before head wash prevents the damage caused by blow drying to straighten the hair.
- It promotes hair growth faster with regular oiling and keeps them stronger and bouncy.
- It is produced to protecting you from harmful UV rays.
Benefits of Massaging with Olive Oil
- It treats with split-ends to help your hairs to grow faster.
- Chumpy with warm olive oil to cure dandruff.
- It provides the ultimate shine in dull hairs.
- It protects you from environmental exposure to stop the seasonal breakage.
- It transforms the dry hair into soft and silky.
- It doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals.
- It lessens the hairscalp irritation.
- It two folds hair-growth by providing sufficient-nutrients.