Repellent stops mosquitoes from biting and feeding on human blood. It is helpful for those areas that are prone to mosquitoes.
It comes in the form of creams, sticks, sprays, liquids and aerosols. It keeps off mosquitoes and bugs from you. You can use it on the bare skin.
The monsoon season is the starting of mosquito season. We use many tricks to keep the bugs distant from our house. But we forget to apply repellent during going outside.
The mosquito-borne diseases are growing day-by-day. The use of repellent is a good step to protect yourself from the virus.
We have prepared a list of Best Mosquito Repellent in India based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We recommend you to read our buying guide for a better shopping experience.
Which are the Top 10 Best Mosquito Repellent in India 2021?
1. Good Knight Fabric Roll-On Personal Repellent
Good Knight is the highest-selling brand for personal repellent. It has a target to make the country malaria-free. It is the top-rated repellent for kids. You can use it on their skin. It’s one pack sufficient for two months. It has sweet bubblegum like fragrance.
It is a 100 % natural-active extract against bites of mosquito. It is safe to use to the baby’s skin. It comes in a tiny and easy to carry bottle packaging. You have to put this repellent on your clothes. The volume of the contained liquid is 8 millimetres. It uses the plant-based ingredient to offer safety from mosquito bites.
How to Apply?
- Apply 2-dots on shoulders and two on knees with the roll-on.
- Do not use it on the skin as it causes harm.
- It is a new and innovative personal repellent that has the oil of eucalyptus.
- It comes in bubblegum, fruity and citrus fragrances.
- Its 4-dots is enough to stay away from flies. It gives you 8 hours of shield.
- The bottle of repellent has pure oil of citronella.
- It does not make any stain on the clothes.
- It comes in 8 ml packaging.
What We Like
- It is made up of 100 % natural active ingredients.
- It is certified and approved by Pediatricians.
2. Novosynth Mosqpel Kidzee Herbal Mosquito Vaporizer
Nvosynth Mosqpel is a company that develops herbal beetel repellent products. Its 45 ml of the bottle is a budget-friendly combo pack. Its refreshing scent of lemons makes it for everyday use. It helps in limiting respiratory diseases.
It is free of artificial materials. It is a 100 % green repellent. It contains pine derivatives and Citrosynthol. It gives the most effective outcome against Malaria, Chickengunia and Dengue mosquito. It is a scientifically proven solution to keep the mosquito away.
- It protects you from malaria and dengue mosquitoes.
- It has global approved elements.
- It gives a fresh smell with the native ingredients.
- This vaporiser fits well with every machine.
- It holds pine derivatives.
What We Like
- It is free from DEET and Kerosene.
- It is designed by keeping your loved ones in mind.
3. All Out Ultra Power+ FAN
This is the product of S .C. Johnson family that is American international brand. It is one of the most popular brands in the Indian market. This repellent avoids mosquitoes to ruin your night sleep. It covers the whole room with its smell. Its fan mode aids in killing 30 % higher dengue and malaria mosquitoes.
It is one of the Best insect Repellents in India that you can pick this year. It is a liquid repellent for mosquito. It does not require much liquid to give safety from the mosquito. It is designed with an advanced formula to kill the mosquito with more efficiency.
Direction for use
- Remove the fitted refill cap.
- Don’t touch the wick by hands.
- Set refill into the heater with full care.
- Keep the heater in an upright position.
- Use it for 30 minutes before going to bed.
- You can push the button from normal mode to fan mode.
- Before refilling the heater, take it out from the plug.
- Read the enclosed leaflet before use.
- Keep the doors and windows uncovered while using it.
- It is used for the external purpose only.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Place it in a cold and dry place.
- Avoid making touch with mouth, eyes, and skins.
- It contains 0.88% TFT.
- It has a thermal shut off feature. It turns off the machine if it gets overheated.
- It has a rotating deck.
- It can be used in a horizontal or vertical direction.
What We Like
- The bottles contain 45 ml of refills.
- Its pack provides you a saving of 32 Rupees.
4. Catche Ayurvedic Formulation Insta Repellent
This is a herbal solution for overwhelming mosquitoes. It is an indoor ayurvedic repellent and the most suitable alternative to the insecticide based repellents.
It can be used in closed rooms and by all ages as it is safe to breathe with no side effects. It provides a practical and secure formula to avoid bugs bite. It gets fit into all the repellent machines. It does not contain transfluthrin.
- Lemon Grass
- Neem Leaves
- It is made from ayurvedic properties.
- It is non-toxic with no side effects.
- It fits all machines.
- It is safe for babies and pregnant women.
- It is effective before two years from the manufacturer date.
What We Like
- It keeps you free from dengue and malaria virus.
- It does not have any alcohol or bad chemical.
5. Unica Repellent With Pure Herbal Actives
This Repellent protects you from 97% of mosquitoes. It aids in reducing respiratory diseases like cold, cough, asthma, flu, etc. Its dual functionality makes it a Best Repellent for this year.
It comes with the goodness of tulsi and neem to give safety from bugs bites without any side effect. It works as repellent as well as an air freshener.
- It is a 3-in- 1 product.
- It is a herbal-vaporizer repellent.
- It is safe to use for the infant.
- It gives good results at home and office place.
What We Like
- It is friendly for asthma patients.
- It boosts the immune system.
- The box contains a pack of a machine and six refills.
6. Mother Sparsh Natural Insect Repellent
Mother Sparsh has the tagline as ‘Mamta ka Sparsh, Ayurved ka Vishwas’. This insect repellent is the hot-selling product and 100% safe. It has a good mixture of Ayurvedic Herbs. It is a low-cost repellent. It protects you from the flies. It comes with 100 ml of packaging.
It has citronella, eucalyptus and lemongrass oil. These oils provide smooth and soft skin. It is suitable and safe for infants. You can use this product without any fear of skin problem. It is suitable to be used when going outside.
Direction for use
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Do not use on cuts, wounds, and infected areas.
- Spray all over the exposed parts of the body but not on the face.
- It should be used only for external purposes.
- Lemon Grass (0.96%)
- Eucalyptus (0.5%)
- Camphor (0.5%)
- It is DEET free insect repellent.
- It has mild fragrance due to the presence of essential oils.
- This product is clinically tested.
- It creates a protective shield between the body and bugs.
What We Like
- It is the best repellent for three-month babies.
- It keeps distance with fleas and ants.
7. Goodknight 100% Natural Repellent Patches
These good knight patches are baby safe personal mosquito repellents that protects your children outdoor against mosquitoes. On other than that, it comes with the 100% natural plant-based active ingredients such as Eucalyptus oil and Citronella. It provides natural protection from malaria, dengue, and chikungunya.
It is well-made with the high-quality 3M adhesive that provides complete indoor and outdoor protection. It is fabric-friendly and leaves no stain on clothes. Besides, it comes with the 30 Chhota Bheem anti-mosquito sticker patches that your kids are sure to love. Thus, it is very effective and works well.
- Peel the sticker back & apply one patch each on the upper and lower body.
- For babies its beneficial to stick patches on prams, strollers, and cots.
- Use more patches in case of higher infestation.
- It comes with superior quality fabric and glue.
- It is available in many fun designs.
- It protects your little ones from those awful mosquito bites.
- It can also be stuck on prams, strollers, and other places.
- It has been well-designed by keeping your loved ones in mind.
- It is well-loaded with the goodness of natural oils.
- It keeps mosquitoes away for 8 hours.
- It ensures no irritation or stain on removal.
- It is also available in a pack of 60 and 90 patches.
- It is completely safe for babies & children of all age groups.
What We Like
- It is non-toxic.
- It is easy to use.
- It is water-proof.
- It has a pleasant fragrance.
- It is a pediatrician certified.
8. Dabur Odomos Naturals Non-Sticky Repellent
Odomos is one of India’s largest ayurvedic and natural cream repellent brand. This repellent is the Best Mosquito Repellent antiseptic for home protection. This 50 g pack of repellent offers you 8-hours of full security. The presence of Aloe Vera gives moisturizing effect.
Its unique formula makes you invisible from mosquitoes. It comes with the Citronella. This cream is a personal application product that you can carry with ease. It is a budget-friendly and one of the hot-selling products in Indian Market.
- It does not kill the flies but protects from biting.
- This cream does not contain any chemical formula.
- It provides a distinct body odour that our skin typically releases.
- The cream contains Vitamin E and Almond Oil. It provides nourishment.
- It does not stick to the skin.
What We Like
- It is the best repellent for children.
- It has the approval of safety.
9. Aromakrafts Natural Repellent
Aroma Krafts is a popular brand to kill the ants or flies. It offers bug repellent with quality and guarantee. It is affordable repellent. It provides a peaceful nap with the goodness of essentials oils.
It is a herbal and organic repellent. It prevents the growth of bacteria. Its elements contain antioxidant property. It ensures your peaceful nap without any insect bite. It does not contain any deadly killing chemical to kill the mosquito.
- Lemon Grass
- It provides you with ‘Sweets DreamzZ’ shield from the mosquito’s bites.
- It comes with a bio-safe formula.
- It makes your body odour undetectable.
- It gives 8 hours of complete protection.
What We Like
- It is free from toxins, pesticides, and DEET.
- It comes in 100 ml of the bottle.
10. Buzz off! Habitat Essentials Premium Natural Repellent
Habitat Essential is a leading casting firm for mosquito repellents. This is a hand-made insect repellent. It is on the number nine position in the list of top 10 repellents. It protects you from bugs bites. It comes with nonsticky 24 patches. It comes with 3M adhesive glue that offers stronghold on the applied area.
It has a refreshing smell. It gives instant results after application. It is convenient and easy to use. You just have to open the packet, peel it and apply it on the required area.
- Lemon Eucalyptus
- It has 100% degradable woven fabrics.
- It gives 10-hours of protection.
- It has an oil patch. You can attach to your clothes.
What We Like
- It gives quick results.
- It is carried easily.
- It is safe for babies and kids.
- Its application is suitable for playing, gaming and travelling purpose.
- It is an Eco-Friendly repellent.
Most Popular Mosquito Repellent Brands in India
- All Out
- Aroma Krafts
- Buzz off
- Good Knight
- Mother Sparsh
Types of Mosquito Repellent
The repellent for mosquito comes in different forms. For defending mosquito-borne diseases, you can apply any of them.
The repellent comes in a spray bottle. It is applied directly to the skin, clothing or other surfaces. It keeps away the mosquito. You should use it from a distance of 6-8 inches. Spray it in slow motion.
Lotion covers the desired area. They are thick, like repellent gel or cream. This lotion contains a DEET, picaridin, and permethrin. It is simple to use. This lotion gives you full-protection from the bugs bites.
The patches are small in size and easy to use. Each stamp provides 36 hours of protection. This patch gives vitamin B12 to the skin-surface. It creates an unattractive smell to avoid mosquitoes.
These bands are wearable on wrists. You can tie the band on your hand to protect you from the mosquito chew. It contains essential herbs. It comes with a mild fragrance. This odour saves you from bugs.
These are the new and innovative personal type repellents for mosquito. Its four dots on your clothes give you protection from the mosquito bite. It is perfect for outdoor protection.
Points for the Better Outcome
Be Attentive with Natural Repellents
Many green repellents claim that their product guards from the mosquito. The organic oils keep away from Zika Virus. But it is not valid for every product. All products do not protect from these viruses. Thus, read the label before using it.
Don’t Use Combo Pack of Sunscreen and Repellent
It is not good to use a combo pack of repellent and sunscreen. The sunscreen needs to reapply after two hours. But the same doesn’t go with the repellents. This combo pack will irritate your skin.
What is the Right Way to Apply Repellent?
For the better application and effect keep these points in mind.
- Apply the repellent only on the exposed skin.
- Take the appropriate amount that is enough to cover the desired area.
- Do not use the repellent on the irritated skin, wounds and cuts.
- Rub on your palms before applying it to the face.
- Avoid making its touch with the eyes and the mouth.
- Children put their hand in the mouth. So don’t let them use it by themselves.
- Wash the skin at the end of the day.
Precautions Required During Mosquito Season
The repellent helps in protecting you from insects bites. In addition to this, several other factors, we can follow.
- Keep your doors closed.
- Keep your yard area clean.
- Do not let storage of water. It leads to the breeding of the mosquitoes.
- If you have the pet at home, then use the approved repellent to them.
- Try to wear socks with closed-toe shoes and loose covers paint during the outing.
How to Choose the Best Mosquito Repellent Cream?
Keeping your body far from mosquitoes is essential. Repellent comes in a different form. All come with the same purpose. Look for some of these points before picking the repellent.
It has N, N-diethyl-meta-toluamide in the ingredient. People think that the greater the amount of DEET, better is safety. It’s not required to use a high-level DEET repellent. A product with 25-30 DEET level is right for long time protection.
It has a natural element that is found in black pepper plant. It is a synthetic repellent. An amount of 20 % is right for shield against bugs and flies.
Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus
It is a refined variant of an organic compound. It has the extract of the gum eucalyptus tree. The 30% OLE is helpful in full-protection. It ticks off for about 7 hours.
IR3535 and 2-Undecanone
The combination is not as active as the other one. The IR3535 is similar like of amino acid. 2-Undecanone is a synthesised formula. It has a mixture that is in rue, wild tomatoes and other plants.
Test the repellent on your hand before purchasing. If you do not feel any irritation, then only go with that product.
Be sure that you are purchasing an authentic product. Some fake products are also available in the market. They have the same composition and brand tag. Identify the product before purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which smell mosquitoes do not like?
The mosquitoes do not like the odour of lavender. They avoid peppermint, cinnamon, tea tree, cedar, clove, rosemary.
2. How Mosquito Finds its Target?
The insects get attracted by the gases we exhale. They use their sight and heat sensor to find us.
3. Do Mosquitoes Like Any Specific Blood Group?
Mosquito prefers O blood group peoples. They like the people that produce more lactic acid from their skin.
4. What are the Bad Results of Using Repellents?
It is safe if used in the required amount. Its overuse may cause skin irritation. It may lead to dizziness.