In A Hurry? Our Top 3 Picks To Buy
Repellent stops mosquitoes from biting and feeding on human blood. It is helpful for those areas that are prone to mosquitoes.
It comes in the form of creams, sticks, sprays, liquids and aerosols. It keeps off mosquitoes and bugs from you. You can use it on the bare skin.
The monsoon season is the starting of mosquito season. We use many tricks to keep the bugs distant from our house. But we forget to apply repellent during going outside.
In India, the mosquito-borne diseases are growing. The use of repellent is a good step to protect yourself from the virus.
Based on Market Research, we have prepared a list of Best Mosquito Repellents in India 2019.
We recommend you to read our buying guide for a better shopping experience.
Which are the Top 10 Best Mosquito Repellents in India 2019?
1. Dabur Odomos Naturals Non-Sticky Mosquito Repellent
Odomos is one of India’s largest ayurvedic and natural repellent brand. This repellent is the Best Mosquito Repellent cream for home protection. This 50 g pack of repellent offers you 8-hours of full security. The presence of Aloe Vera gives moisturizing effect.
Its unique formula makes you invisible from mosquitoes. It comes with the Citronella. This mosquito repellent cream is a personal application product that you can carry with ease. It is a budget-friendly and one of the hot-selling products in Indian Market.
- It does not kill the flies but protects from biting.
- This mosquito repellent cream does not contain any chemical formula.
- It provides a distinct body odour that our skin typically releases.
- The mosquito repellent cream contains Vitamin E and Almond Oil. It provides nourishment.
- It does not stick to the skin.
What we like
- It is the best repellent for children.
- It has the approval of safety.
2. Novosynth Mosqpel Kidzee Herbal Mosquito Vaporizer
Nvosynth Mosqpel is a company that develops herbal beetel repellent products. Its 45 ml of the bottle is a budget-friendly combo pack. Its refreshing scent of lemons makes it for everyday use. It helps in limiting respiratory diseases.
It is free of artificial materials. It is a 100 % natural repellent. It contains pine derivatives and Citrosynthol. It gives the most effective outcome against Malaria, Chickengunia and Dengue mosquito. It is a scientifically proven solution to keep the mosquito away.
- It protects you from malaria and dengue mosquitoes.
- It has global approved elements.
- It gives a fresh smell with the native ingredients.
- This vaporiser fits well with every machine.
- It is the best mosquito repellent that holds pine derivatives.
What we like
- It is free from DEET and Kerosene.
- It is designed by keeping your loved ones in mind.
3. Unica Mosquito Repellent
This Repellent protects you from 97% of mosquitoes. It aids in reducing respiratory diseases like cold, cough, asthma, flu, etc. Its dual functionality makes it a Best Repellent for this year.
It comes with the goodness of tulsi and neem to give safety from bugs bites without any side effect. It works as repellent as well as an air freshener.
- It is a 3-in- 1 product.
- It is a herbal-vaporizer repellent.
- It is safe to use for the infant.
- It gives good results at home and office place.
What we like
- It is friendly for asthma patients.
- It is the best mosquito repellent that boosts the immune system.
- The box contains a pack of a machine and six refills.
4. Mother Sparsh Natural Insect Mosquitoes Repellent
Mother Sparsh has the tagline as ‘Mamta ka Sparsh, Ayurved ka Vishwas.’ It is on number 2 in the list of top 10 best mosquito repellents. This insect repellent is the best selling in India and 100% safe. It has a mixture of Best Ayurvedic Herbs. It is a low-cost repellent. It protects you from the flies. It comes with 100 ml of packaging.
It has citronella, eucalyptus and lemongrass oil. These oils provide smooth and soft skin. It is suitable and safe for infants. You can use this product without any fear of skin problem. It is suitable to be used when going outside.
Direction for use
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Do not use on cuts, wounds, and infected areas.
- Spray all over the exposed parts of the body but not on the face.
- It should be used only for external purposes.
- Lemon Grass (0.96%)
- Eucalyptus (0.5%)
- Camphor (0.5%)
- It is DEET free insect repellent.
- It has mild fragrance due to the presence of essential oils.
- This product is clinically tested.
- It creates a protective shield between the body and bugs.
What we like
- It is the best mosquito repellent for three-month babies.
- It keeps distance with fleas and ants.
5. Good Knight Fabric Roll-On Personal Repellent
Good Knight is the highest-selling brand for personal repellent. It has a target to make India malaria-free. It is the best mosquito repellent for kids. You can use it on their skin. It’s one pack sufficient for two months. It has sweet bubblegum like fragrance.
It is a 100 % natural-active extract against bites of mosquito. It is safe to use to the baby’s skin. It comes in a tiny and easy to carry bottle packaging. You have to put this repellent on your clothes. The volume of the contained liquid is 8 millimetres. It uses the plant-based ingredient to offer safety from mosquito bites.
How to Apply?
- Apply 2-dots on shoulders and two on knees with the roll-on.
- Do not use it on the skin as it causes harm.
- It is a new and innovative personal repellent that has the oil of eucalyptus.
- It comes in bubblegum, fruity and citrus fragrances.
- Its 4-dots is enough to stay away from flies. It gives you 8 hours of shield.
- The bottle of repellent has pure oil of citronella.
- It does not make any stain on the clothes.
- It comes in 8 ml packaging.
What we like
- It is made up of 100 % natural active ingredients.
- It is certified and approved by Pediatricians.
6. Aromakrafts Natural Mosquito Repellent
Aroma Krafts is a popular brand to kill the ants or flies. It offers bug repellent with quality and guarantee. It is a price pleasing repellent. It provides a peaceful nap with the goodness of essentials oils.
It is a herbal and natural repellent. It prevents the growth of bacteria. Its elements contain antioxidant property. It ensures your peaceful nap without any insect bite. It is the best mosquito repellent that does not contain any deadly killing chemical to kill the mosquito.
- Lemon Grass
- It provides you with ‘Sweets DreamzZ’ shield from the mosquito’s bites.
- It comes with a bio-safe formula.
- It makes your body odour undetectable.
- It gives 8 hours of complete protection.
What we like
- It is free from toxins, pesticides, and DEET.
- It comes in 100 ml of the bottle.
7. All Out Ultra Power+ FAN
This is the product of S .C. Johnson family that is American international brand. It is one of the most popular brands in the Indian market. This repellent avoids mosquitoes to ruin your night sleep. It covers the whole room with its smell. Its fan mode aids in killing 30 % higher dengue and malaria mosquitoes.
It is one of the Best Repellents in India that you can pick this year. It is a liquid repellent for mosquito. It does not require much liquid to give safety from the mosquito. It is designed with an advanced formula to kill the mosquito with more efficiency.
Direction for use
- Remove the fitted refill cap.
- Don’t touch the wick by hands.
- Set refill into the heater with full care.
- Keep the heater in an upright position.
- Use it for 30 minutes before going to bed.
- You can push the button from normal mode to fan mode.
- Before refilling the heater, take it out from the plug.
- Read the enclosed leaflet before use.
- Keep the doors and windows uncovered while using it.
- It is used for the external purpose only.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Place it in a cold and dry place.
- Avoid making touch with mouth, eyes and skins.
- It contains 0.88% TFT.
- It has a thermal shut off feature. It turns off the machine if it gets overheated.
- It has a rotating deck.
- It can be used in a horizontal or vertical direction.
What we like
- The bottles contain 45 ml of refills.
- Its combo pack provides you with a discount of 10 Rupees.
8. Catche Ayurvedic Formulation Insta Mosquito Repellent
This is a herbal solution for overwhelming mosquitoes. It is an indoor ayurvedic repellent and the best alternative in India to the insecticide based repellents.
It can be used in closed rooms and by all ages as it is safe to breathe with no side effects. It provides a practical and secure formula to avoid bugs bite. It gets fit into all the repellent machines. It does not contain transfluthrin.
- Lemon Grass
- Neem Leaves
- It is made from ayurvedic properties.
- It is non-toxic with no side effects.
- It fits all machines.
- It is safe for babies and pregnant women.
- It is best before two years from the manufacturer date.
What we like
- It keeps you free from dengue and malaria virus.
- It does not have any alcohol or bad chemical.
9. Buzz off! Habitat Essentials Premium Natural Mosquito Repellent
Habitat Essential is a leading casting firm in India for mosquito repellents. This is a hand-made insect repellent. It is on the number one position in the list of top 10 best mosquito repellents. It protects you from bugs bites. It comes with nonsticky 24 patches. It comes with 3M adhesive glue that offers stronghold on the applied area.
It has a refreshing smell. It gives instant results after application. It is convenient and easy to use. You just have to open the packet, peel it and apply it on the required area.
- Lemon Eucalyptus
- It has 100% degradable woven fabrics.
- It gives 10-hours of protection.
- It has an oil patch. You can attach to your clothes.
What we like
- It gives quick results.
- It is carried easily.
- It is safe for babies and kids.
- Its application is suitable for playing, gaming and travelling purpose.
- It is an Eco-Friendly repellent.
10. Voetex Electronic Led Mosquito Killer Lamp
This repellent in India offers us a simple choice to eliminate the mosquitoes at any place. It is on number 5 in the list of top 10 best mosquito repellents. It is an electric machine for killing mosquitoes. The lamp is convenient to use. It does not create any mist or have harmful chemicals for killing the bugs.
It consumes low voltage of 5 W to catch the flying mosquitoes. It requires only a one-time investment to give you the best result. It is a simple and safe formula against mosquito bites. The product dimension is 19×13 cm. The weight of this repellent is 400 gram. It has an ABS plastic body.
- Keep it in the complete darkness for 3 hours before use.
- Close all the curtains well so that no light may enter the room.
- Keep the machine at the height of 2.5-feet from the floor.
- Turn the bottom lid in the anti-clockwise direction to remove the cover.
- You can remove the dead mosquito with ease.
- It features 362nm bionic purple light wave trapping technology.
- It is an eco-friendly repellent.
- It has excellent shock and heat resistance power.
- It is portable and equipped with a USB power supply port.
- The machine fan collects all the insects into the chamber.
What we like
- It is helpful for the bedroom, kitchen, garden.
- It is the best mosquito repellent with compact lamp and comfortable to carry.
- The trap part is easy to remove.
What we didn’t like
- The product has to be placed at a height of 1 meter.
Top 10 Mosquito Repellents in India 2019
|All Out Ultra||45ml|
|Habitat Essentials||24 patches|
Most Popular Mosquito Repellent Brands in India
- All Out
- Aroma Krafts
- Buzz off
- Good Knight
- Mother Sparsh
- Voetex Zone
Types of Mosquito Repellent
The repellent for mosquito comes in different forms. For defending mosquito-borne diseases, you can apply any of them.
The repellent comes in a spray bottle. It is applied directly to the skin, clothing or other surfaces. It keeps away the mosquito. You should use it from a distance of 6-8 inches. Spray it in slow motion.
Lotion covers the desired area. They are thick, like repellent cream or gel. This lotion contains a DEET, picaridin, and permethrin. It is simple to use. This lotion gives you full-protection from the bugs bites.
The patches are small in size and easy to use. Each stamp provides 36 hours of protection. This patch gives vitamin B12 to the skin-surface. It creates an unattractive smell to avoid mosquitoes.
These bands are wearable on wrists. You can tie the band on your hand to protect you from the mosquito bite. It contains essential herbs. It comes with a mild fragrance. This odour saves you from bugs.
These are the new and innovative personal type repellents for mosquito. Its four dots on your clothes give you protection from the mosquito bite. It is best for outdoor protection.
Points for the Better Outcome
Be Attentive with Natural Repellents
Many natural repellents claim that their product guards from the mosquito. The organic oils keep away from Zika Virus. But it is not valid for every product. All products do not protect from these viruses. Thus, read the label before using it.
Don’t Use Combo Pack of Sunscreen and Repellent
It is not good to use a combo pack of repellent and sunscreen. The sunscreen needs to reapply after two hours. But the same doesn’t go with the repellents. This combo pack will irritate your skin.
What is the Best Way to Apply Repellent?
For the better application and effect keep these points in mind.
- Apply the repellent only on the exposed skin.
- Take the appropriate amount that is enough to cover the desired area.
- Do not use the repellent on the irritated skin, wounds and cuts.
- Rub on your palms before applying it to the face.
- Avoid making its touch with the eyes and the mouth.
- Children put their hand in the mouth. So don’t let them use it by themselves.
- Wash the skin at the end of the day.
Precautions Required During Mosquito Season
The repellent helps in protecting you from insects bites. In addition to this, several other factors, we can follow.
- Keep your doors closed.
- Keep your yard area clean.
- Do not let storage of water. It leads to the breeding of the mosquitoes.
- If you have the pet at home, then use the approved repellent to them.
- Try to wear socks with closed-toe shoes and loose covers paint during the outing.
How to Choose the Best Mosquito Repellent Cream?
Keeping your body far from mosquitoes is essential. Repellent comes in a different form. All come with the same purpose. Look for some of these points before picking the repellent.
It has N, N-diethyl-meta-toluamide in the ingredient. People think that the greater the amount of DEET, better is safety. It’s not required to use a high-level DEET repellent. A product with 25-30 DEET level is right for long time protection.
It has a natural element that is found in black pepper plant. It is a synthetic repellent. An amount of 20 % is right for shield against bugs and flies.
Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus
It is a refined variant of an organic compound. It has the extract of the gum eucalyptus tree. The 30% OLE is helpful in full-protection. It ticks off for about 7 hours.
IR3535 and 2-Undecanone
The combination is not as active as the other one. The IR3535 is similar like of amino acid. 2-Undecanone is a synthesised formula. It has a mixture that is in rue, wild tomatoes and other plants.
Test the repellent on your hand before purchasing. If you do not feel any irritation, then only go with that product.
Be sure that you are purchasing an authentic product. Some fake products are also available in the market. They have the same composition and brand tag. Identify the product before purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which smell mosquitoes do not like?
The mosquitoes do not like the odour of lavender. They avoid peppermint, cinnamon, tea tree, cedar, clove, rosemary.
2. How Mosquito Finds its Target?
The insects get attracted by the gases we exhale. They use their sight and heat sensor to find us.
3. Do Mosquitoes Like Any Specific Blood Group?
Mosquito prefers O blood group peoples. They like the people that produce more lactic acid from their skin.
4. What are the Bad Results of Using Repellents?
It is safe if used in the required amount. Its overuse may cause skin irritation. It may lead to dizziness.