A Computer has a limited number of the ports to connect other peripherals. Majority of the appliances that we use today comes with the USB port. In that situation, USB hubs help a lot.
The USB port is an electrical device that gets expanded for further device connections. It is the modern peripheral device that helps in increasing the number of attachment of the accessories. With it, you can connect several devices at a time. It can be used for many purposes.
It can transfer data from one device to others and can charge the devices. It is an essential and most widely used tool for computers and laptops. It is a good and useful product. It gets plugged into the computer, and other USB ports can connect with it.
It has plug-and-play functionality. It requires very little space for storage. It is becoming popular day by day.
Based on the Market Research, we have made a list of Best USB Hubs in India 2019.
We highly recommend you to read our buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 USB Hubs in India 2019
|TP-Link UH400||4||5 Gbps||1 Year|
|Portronics POR-697||4||5 Gbps||1 Year|
|Targus Armor||4||480 Mbps||1 Year|
|Belkin||4||480 Mbps||3 Years|
|iBall||4||5 Gbps||1 Year|
|Transcends TS-HUB2K||4||5 Gbps||2 Years|
|HP Z8W90AA||3||5 Gbps||1 Year|
|Quantum QHM6633||4||480 Mbps||1 Year|
|Higadget||3||480 Mbps||6 Months|
|Quantum USB 2.0||4||480 Mbps||1 Month|
Which are the Top 10 Best USB Hubs in India 2019?
This hub provides you with an option to extend the number of connecting ports. It is a portable device that has lightweight. You don’t have to install any other driver for the recognition of the devices. It is a reliable and durable USB hub.
The weight of the USB hub is 99.8 grams. It requires 240 volts of power supply for functioning. It can connect other USB hubs without any performance issue. It has a 3.0 USB-cable that’s transfer speeds is 5 Gbps. The USB hub is ready to use just after unpacking it from the box.
- The dimension of this hub is 7.1×7.1×1.8 cm.
- It connects four devices at a time.
- It has an ultra-compact design.
- It has 4 LED indicators for the visual report of the connection.
- It supports Windows, Linux operating systems and Mac OS.
- It comes with in-built cables.
What we like
- It comes with surge security feature.
- Its foldable cord design makes it travel-friendly.
- It comes with a one-year manufacturing warranty.
- You can simultaneously plug-and-play USB based devices.
- It supports printers, mice, external hard disk.
- You can charge your smartphone with this USB hub.
2. Portronics POR-697 MPort 34 USB 3.0 Port Hub
This is a 100 % genuine USB hub. It is a budget-friendly USB hub. It has a solid lightweight body. It comes in attractive packaging. This USB 3.0 is a durable USB hub. It has type-c USB ports for convenient use. It is available in black colour.
It has one LED indicator for the visual representation of the port connection. It comes with a battery backup of 1 hour. The weight of the USB hub is 36.3 gram. It does not require any driver for the recognition of the connected devices. The dimension of the product is 10x4x2 cm.
- It can connect four peripheral devices at a time.
- It can charge the devices with data synchronisation.
- It has a plastic body that offers easy portability.
- It outputs a DC of 5 volts.
- It transfers data with the speed of 5Gbps.
- It comes with 3.0 SuperSpeed ports.
What we like
- It has rounded corners that give a complementary look with the laptops and PCs.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty.
3. Targus Armor ACH114AP-52 USB 2.0 Hub
Targus generates innovative USB hubs that offer access to multiple devices at a time. It does not require rebooting of the system for device recognition. It has compatibility with Windows, Mac and MacBook pro components. It is individual power USB hub that does not require any AC adapter.
This hub comes with a compact design for secure transportation. The dimension of the product is 8.4×3.3×1.3 cm. Its cable is made up of good quality. You can charge your MP3 player and phone with this USB hub.
- It comes with four ports to expand the connection.
- Its net weight is 40.8 grams.
- It comes with a 2.0 USB-port.
- It transfers the data with a rate of 480 Mbps.
- It can connect multiple peripherals at a time.
What we like
- It is a reliable product.
- The box contains 1 USB hub and one user manual.
- It comes with a one-year limited warranty.
- It has proper storage for the USB wire.
What we didn’t like
- The USB-ports are closely spaced that may create difficulty in using all of the ports at a time.
- The length of the cable is short.
4. Belkin USB 2.0 4-Port Travel Hub
Belkin is an American company that has specialisation in creating USB hubs. It gives you an easy option to connect multiple accessories with the Laptop and PCs. It comes in a compact design. It is a lightweight USB-hub from the Belkin.
It does not require any installer for the installation. It transfers the data with a speed of 480 Mbps. It is perfect for connection of keyboard, mouse, and other USB-enabled devices. It does not require any power adapter. It gets charged from the connected device.
- It has in-built cable management feature.
- It is compatible with USB 1.1 and 2.0 USB connectors.
- It has 2.0 4 USB ports to connect the peripherals devices.
- The dimension of the product is 9.5×3.1×1.5 cm.
- It had LED for the visible result of connection status.
- It is made up of plastic material.
- It is compatible with Mac and Windows OS.
What we like
- It is a budget-friendly USB hub.
- It is available in a black and white colour combo.
- It can connect hard drives and flash drives.
- It comes with3 years of limited warranty.
- Its lightweight makes it easy to carry.
- Belkin has given 1800-572-2092 as its toll-free number for the customer queries.
- The weight of the USB hub is 27.2 gram.
- You can charge your mobile phone with the USB hub.
5. iBall USB Type C 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub
iBall generates quality USB hubs for managing the USB peripherals. Its plug-and-play feature offers easy expansion to connect other devices. Its weight is 36.3 grams. It is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems.
It comes with one year of warranty. It transfers the data with a speed of 5 Gbps. It supports low-powered devices such as mice, keyboard, joystick etc. It is a reliable and durable product from iBall.
- It comes with 4 USB of 3.0 port.
- The length of the cable is 10.2 cm.
- It has a self-type energy source.
- It keeps everything connected.
- It comes in white colour.
- The dimension of the product is 17.6x9x3 cm.
What we like
- It can charge the devices.
- It also comes with HDMI and Ethernet ports USB hub.
- It is a C-type USB hub that offers reversible plugging.
6. Transcends TS-HUB2K Information USB 3.0 Port Hub
Transcends is a global brand that creates the quality products of USB hubs and digital storage devices. This USB hub comes in a small and compact design. It has got an award from Hard Zone for design and performance.
It is the Best Choice for thin and light notebooks and tablets that do not have many input ports. The weight of the USB hub is 27.2 kg. It has 10 cm attached cable. It is a bus powered hub. It does not demand any external energy source.
- It does not require any extra power cable.
- This 4-port USB 3.0 hub USB transfers data with ten times faster speed than 2.0 USB.
- It is a certified product from the CE, FCC, BSMI, and KC.
- The dimension of the product is 7.4x1x3.7 cm.
- It requires 5 Watt of power for functioning.
What we like
- It is available in black and blue.
- It supports Windows, Linux, Mac OS.
- It has two years of limited warranty.
- It is an ideal USB hub for business and travel trips.
7. HP Z8W90AA USB-C to USB-A Hub
This USB hub offers you with an accessible option to optimise your workplace with easy connectivity. It comes in pocket-sized portability. It comes with 3.0 port hub to transfer the data at great speed. It has a lightweight and compact design.
The dimension of the product is 6.7×4.1×1 cm. It comes with a one-year limited warranty. It comes with 12” long cable that gives an easy option to place the hub at the desired area. The box contains user manual, product notice, warranty card with cable and hub.
- It comes with 3 USB ports.
- It does not require any drivers or installer for working.
- It has been tested with USB-C capable systems for a smooth and reliable experience.
- It allows the connection of external storage, keyboards, mouse headset and other devices.
- It has surge protection feature.
What we like
- It can charge your mobile phones.
- It is a portable USB hub without any bulky material.
- The weight of the HP USB hub is 36.3 gram.
8. Quantum QHM6633 4 Port USB Hub
Quantum creates reliable and durable hubs for USB. The weight of this USB hub is 59 gram. It comes in a compact and sleek design. It is a budget-friendly USB hub. It has one mini USB B-Type female input connector. It supports all OS including Windows, Mac and Linux.
It transfers the data with a speed of 480 Mbps with a 2.0 USB port. The dimension of the product is 16.7×11.1×4.8 cm. It has an ACPI(Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) feature for better result.
- It is a plug-and-play USB hub.
- It has 4 number of the port for the USB connection.
- It is made up of plastic material.
- It’s every port requires 100mA current.
- It can chain 127 devices at a time.
- It has protection against the surge.
What we like
- It keeps every device connected.
- It is available in Red, Black, Blue and White colours.
- It comes with one year of warranty.
- It is a useful accessory for laptops and computers.
9. Higadget High-Speed USB Hub
This is a plug-and-play USB hub. It transfers the data with a speed of 480 Mbps. It does not require any external energy source. It has in-built protection against short-circuiting. It comes with an attached cable. It has a streamlined design.
The dimension of the product is 19.1×11.9×4.6 cm. It is a budget-friendly USB hub. You can connect your camera, mouse, keyboard, joystick and other peripherals. It has compatibility with Windows and Mac operating systems.
- It is a combo pack of USB hub and card reader.
- It comes with 3, 2.0 USB ports for connection.
- It comes with external storage connectivity.
- It comes with the slot for micro and mini SD cards. It also has a port for Pendrive.
- It has an LED display for the visual status of the connection.
What we like
- It allows the card to card transfer of data.
- It comes with a six months warranty.
- The weight of the USB hub is 99.8 gram.
10. Quantum USB 2.0 High Speed 4 Port Hub
Quantum generates high quality of IT peripherals. It’s ultra slim and compact design makes it suitable for travellers. The dimension of the product is 18.2×12.3×3 cm. It comes with four ports. It is capable of chaining 127 USB devices.
For the convenience of the user, it comes with an on and off switch. It takes power from the connected source. It comes with an LED indicator light for the visual presentation of the right connection. The packaging contains one 4-port mini-hub, USB cable and user manual.
- It requires 100 mA current per port.
- The weight of the USB hub is 59 gram.
- This USB hub provides full current protection.
- For easy accessibility, the positioning of ports is on the top.
- It has a 2.0 USB that transfers data with a speed of 480 Mbps.
- It comes with a cable of about 1m long.
What we like
- It comes with one month of warranty.
- It is compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems.
- It is an ideal choice for laptop users.
- The ports are available on the top for the easy accessibility.
Best USB Hubs Brands in India
Types of USB Hubs
It is the most popular interface for connecting various devices to a single source. It comes in two types.
Powered USB Hubs
The other term used to describe this type of USB Hub is Self Powered USB Hub. They need the supply of the external power to be operational. The power is supplied through the AC adapter.
It is a little expensive as compared to the unpowered USB Hubs. It can charge multiple devices at a time without any performance issue. It does not drain the laptop’s battery.
It supports most high-powered devices such as tablets, external hard disk, etc.
Unpowered USB Hubs
One the other hand it is also known as Bus-Powered USB hub. It does not demand any outside power point for functioning.
It receives power from other self-powered USB hubs from that it is connected. It comes in a smaller size. Its compact design makes it travel-friendly.
It supports only low-powered devices such as Mice, Keyboard, Joystick etc. It provides a cheap option for USB port expansion.
How to Choose The Best USB Hub?
The USB hub comes with different sizes and features. Here are a few essential factors that you can keep in mind for a better experience.
Number of ports
The port numbers available in the USB hub must meet all your needs. If your work involves lots of devices, then prefer the USB hub that has several ports.
Compatibility is the primary attribute of the USB hubs. The USB hub that you may buy must support your computer’s operating system. It should be compatible with the USB cables used in ports for making the connection. Some USB hubs offer compatibility with all kind of devices while some do not. So before placing your order, confirm the portability feature.
Always purchase all the electronics devices that come with surge protection features. The connected device may get damaged if the USB hub does not have surge security. To get rid of your data loss, buy a USB hub that offers surge assurance.
External Power Supply
If you wish to connect the high-powered devices with the USB hub, then the powered USB hub plays an important role. The absence of outside power may give a performance issue while using hard drivers. Its Best applicable area is the official places where many high-powered devices require a connection.
The primary function of a USB hub is to transfer data, but it can also be used as a charger for the connected devices. The USB hubs with separate smart charging ports are the Best One to buy. The speed of charging from the charging port is faster in comparison to the regular USB ports.
LED Indicator Lights
The LED indicators lights provide the visual status of the correct connection. There are multiple ports in the USB hub so you might use the wrong port for the link of the device. For example, in poor light, you may connect the device to the charging port instead of a USB port. Such types of situation the light indication gives us the surety that the connection is right.
All electronic devices are vulnerable to damage. It might be the case that the purchased USB hub is the faulty one. Such types of situations are easily handled if the product comes with a warranty. All brand does not offer a full guarantee for the product. Check for the assurance of the product before purchasing.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a C-Type USB Hub?
The USB C Hub is a 24-pin connector system. It has symmetrical two-fold rotational connectors. It looks like a regular connector wire, but it offers a high rate of data transfer.
2. Are the USB Hubs are Safe to Use?
The USB hubs are entirely safe to use. It does not create any damage to the device even though the links are not working.
3. What is The Number of Ports in the USB Hub?
The USB hub comes with enough ports to connect the machine with other devices. It comes in a certain quantity of ports such as 4, 8, 16, 32 ports.
4. What is the Main Difference Between USB 2.0 and USB 3.0?
The main difference between USB 2.0 and 3.0 is about the speed of data transfer. The USB 3.0 data hub is prefered over USB 2.0 as its transfer speeds of data is 10 times faster. The design of USB 3.0 hub transfers the data with the rate of 4800 Mb per seconds.
5. How Many Numbers of USB Hubs can be Daisy-Chained on a Computer?
Daisy-chaining of the USB hubs is a great strategy when there is a lot of devices to work at a time. We can add 5 USB hubs per computer without any performance issue.