Surge Protectors plays an essential role in electronic devices maintenance, such as protecting your laptop. It is invented to protect any device with a standard AC plug from damaging power surge. A power surge is a sharp, sudden voltage increase that travels through electrical wiring.
Surge protectors are portable connectors that are used to guard all our electrical devices.
In an Indian household, the standard voltage output from the power socket is around 250V. All major appliances like TV, air conditioner or refrigerator are plugged to this. However, this isn’t a constant output.
A sudden voltage surge will either give out low or high voltage output. Such outputs can cause damage to your plug-in device. It is essential to buy the right product that will protect your expensive devices through voltage fluctuation.
We have prepared a list of Best Surge Protector in India based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our buying directions located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 Surge Protectors (Spike Guard) in India
Which are the Top 10 Best Surge Protector (Spike Guard) in India 2020?
1. APC P10FG-IN Surge Protector
It is a perfect 10 socket surge diverter where a person can connect many devices. It is an ideal tool to connects a computer, T.V., home theatre system and many more. This Spike Guard comes with a controlled mechanism that auto power-off the computer when it is in sleep mode.
These Surge Protectors can protect the appliances from surges by protecting the data lines. It guards devices against high and low-voltage fluctuations. It is a power-saving that helps to cut on power-bills. Thus, this spike guard protects from all kinds of surges.
- It weighs 1.04 Kg.
- It has a dimension of 48.9 x 22 x 4.6 cm.
- It has a total number of 10 outlets.
- It comes in a receptacle style.
- It has a white coloured body.
- It has an input breaker capacity of 10A.
- The length of the cord is 1.2 metres.
- It comes with an indicator for each phase.
- It protects from back door surges.
- It gives fast recovery from overloading without replacing a fuse.
- It has a noise filter that gives better performance to equipment.
- It comes with an audible alarm system. It immediately notifies if there is any damage happens by surges.
What We Like
- It works flawlessly.
- It is money-saving.
- It is available at a reasonable price.
- It gives surge protection in monsoon.
- It comes with a 180-degree cord retainer and adjustable cord management.
2. ELV Extbor Circle EXB1 10 AMP Surge Guard
This six socket surge protector is an ideal electrical device. With this, you can attach multiple-devices in one place. It protects from surges, short-circuits and spikes that are not under your command.
It comes with six wide-spaced AC outlets. These are great for charging ports large adapter and charger. It is made of high-quality material that makes it more long-lasting without broken. Hence, this spike guard is a useful product for home & office use.
- It utilises wattage of 1000W, current of 10Amp and voltage of 240V.
- It weighs 349 gram.
- It has a six-outlet power strip with six feet power-cord.
- Its ELV spike guard comes with pure copper wire.
- It has an auto cut-off, fire resistance sleeve & overload thermal-protection function. It protects from overheating, overloading and short-circuits.
- It comes with mounting holes. It attaches the surge protector with ease to the baseboards, walls, and furniture.
- It comes with lighted on/off button with an integrated circuit breaker.
- It has a LED light-indicator with circuit breaker. The Red light indicates that you are protected.
What We Like
- It has a warranty of 30 days.
- It is compact and reliable.
- The length of the cable is excellent.
- It comes with a low-cost price.
- It can take a heavy load.
3. ZIPP Outlet 6 Individually Controlled Switch & Surge Protector
It is a six individual switch socket and standard surge protector for low wattage appliance. With this, a person can connect TV, CD Player, computer, etc. It resists the shocks and provides a shield against surges and spikes.
The switches are made of high-quality element and there is enough spacing between switches for easy and smooth operation. It is multi-outlet equipment that can connect up to six devices at the same time. It comes with a fuse blow that blows during power cuts and lightning-surges, and it can be reset if blown.
- It weighs 780 g.
- The length of the cable is 5 metre.
- It comes in the white coloured design.
- Its power consumption is 2500W.
- It operates at 250 Volts.
- It consumes a current of 10A.
- It has a child lock safety feature. It protects from high-voltage surge and restricts indoor circuit to a safe range.
- It has a separate switch for each socket.
- It has an Input Thermal Circuit Breaker. It protects from short-circuits and overloads.
- Its working-temperature is 10 Degree to + 40 Degree C.
What We Like
- It comes with a warranty of one year.
- It has a steady design.
- The length of the cable is right.
- It is low-priced.
4. Impro Tower Spike Buster - 3 Floor - 2 USB 11 Socket Surge Guard
This is a tower with three floors and a stable base. It is a universal plug adapter that guards devices against short circuits and striking of lightning. There is an On/Off button at each level that makes it easy to manage.
This adapter is a wall mountable or tabletop device with trendy looks that adds charm in the setup place. With the overload protector, it prevents overloading. It comes with a high-quality copper sheet that provides flexibility and good conduction of power. It lowers the temperature in case of overheating.
- It has an excellent pure power cord.
- It has a silver-plated alloy switch.
- It has an overload protector feature. It provides safety to electronic equipment.
- It comes with the 11-way socket and 2 USB ports jacks.
- It has ample space between sockets that makes it more suitable to use.
- It has one switch and one light-indicator for each layer.
- It has a dual USB-mode to charge the device.
- The body of the product is made of ABS plastic.
- The length of the cord is 1.6 metre.
- It comes in a white and green colour pattern.
What We Like
- It is safe and reliable.
- It is moist-proof.
- It comes with the LED indicator.
- It is environment-friendly.
- It comes with foldable handle grip.
- It is good for all socket types.
5. Targus Smart Surge 4 APS12AP-50 Spike Suppressor
This is a versatile four-socket surge protector since it accommodates both direct outlet surge and USB ports too. It is a perfect option for those who are willing to attach their expensive gaming consoles.
This Spike Guard gives surge protection against fluctuations that harms your gadgets. With USB Smart Detection technology, it auto-detects the current needed by the connected-devices and delivers maximal charging speed accordingly. The child safety shutter makes it reliable for daily use.
- It has a rating of 1000 joules.
- It has 2 USB ports and 4-power outlets.
- The weight of this extension board is 662 g and dimensions are 37 x 10.8 x 4.5 cm.
- It needs 250V to operate.
- It comes with a 2 meter long cord length.
- It comes with two years manufacturer warranty.
What We Like
- It has a classy and sturdy body.
- Its build quality is excellent.
- It is ideal for gaming consoles and PCs.
- It comes with the circuit-breaker for further surge protection.
What We Didn’t Like
- It doesn’t have individual switches for the outlets.
6. Belkin Essential Series F9E400zb1.5MGRY 4-Socket Surge Diverter
Belkin is a famous brand for electronic appliances, mobile, and computer accessories. The Belkin Essential Series 4 Socket Surge Suppressor is a perfect device that comes under this brand. It is a blend of high performance and superior built. It comes top in the list because of its reliable and high-performance.
This Belkin Essential Series Extension Board is capable of protecting your computers and another electronic device from frequent power waves. With response-time less than one nanosecond, the Belkin Essential Extension Board becomes an effective and efficient voltage-stabilizer. It is made of high-quality material that makes it more sturdy.
- It is a 4 socket surge protector.
- It weighs 408 g that makes it portable.
- The dimensions of this product are 33 x 13.5 x 4.3 cm.
- It needs max spike current of 6500-amps.
- It comes with 1.5 m heavy-duty cable.
- It has a rating of 200 joules.
- It features Grounds AC power with three-line surge protection that offers extra-safety to your device.
- The Belkin Essential Series Spike Guard comes with a warranty of up to 5 years.
What We Like
- It has a universal socket design.
- It comes with the right quality materials.
- It provides three-line protection to all four sockets.
- It is an efficient product that can prevent damage to electronics.
- It can guard against heavy overvoltages.
- It is budget-friendly.
- It does not require any battery.
- The brand provides a customer care service for product related queries and issues. The contact number is 1800-572-2092.
What We Didn’t Like
- There are no separate switches for the outlet.
- Its cord length is short.
7. Anchor 22660 Spike Guard
This Surge Guard has the ability to protect the electrical appliances from a frequent surge. It is the perfect blend of switches and universal sockets. With the lightweight design, it is easier to carry while travelling. Besides, it comes with the high-grade material that makes it more lasting and durable. It delivers a power-packed performance.
It is an excellent piece of the item with stylish design and unique qualities. With superior engineering, it gives defect-free assembly and seamless performance. It is suitable for the household, offices or commercial places. You can use this device in indoor and dry areas only.
- The weight of the product is 490 gram.
- Its dimensions are 27 x 8.5 x 4 cm.
- It has the white colour stylish design.
- It has versatile four sockets with individual switch and indicator.
- Its operating voltage is 250 Volts.
- It consumes maximum 10A current.
- Its maximum power consumption is 2500 Watts.
- It has two auto resettable overload protection.
- It provides overload voltage and current protection.
- It comes with the 1.5-meter heavy-duty power cable.
What We Like
- It comes with the EMI/RFI noise filter.
- It is sturdy and impact resistant.
- It prevents scratches, dent and rust.
8. Honeywell 4 Out Surge Protector
This Four Socket Protector is a smarter and safer way to protect the kitchen appliances and other peripherals from the lightning strike. The 4-sockets are well spaced to hold multiple plugs of distinct sizes at the same time.
The material of this extension board is fire-resistant and over heat-resistant. It is round in shape that makes it sleek in looks. Its uniquely build plugs provide ease of operation. Therefore, this spike guard is a safeguard for your electronic world.
- It comes with a built-in 4 socket.
- It is available in black colour.
- It weighs 481 grams.
- It comes with the 2-metre heavy-duty cable.
- It takes spike current of 6500 amps.
- It features 210-joule energy-rating.
- It comes with automatic overload-protection with a secure single brake switch that cut off the power in case of overloading.
- It auto-detects the device and gives the fast charging speed.
- It comes with an integral copper bar.
- It comes with LED radiation.
What We Like
- It has a warranty of three years.
- It comes with child safety.
- It is compact.
- It is ETL listed and FCC Certified.
9. Anchor 4 Socket 4 Switch Spike Protector Surge Guard
It is a 4-way single switch surge guard. It comes with a separate socket with different switches. With this, it allows to connects the computer, TV, monitor, printer, and speaker. It is a spike guard that gives safe operation.
This Surge Diverter allows you to connect distinct electric devices in a hassle-free manner. When devices are plugged into different sockets, it works instantly and provides a trouble-free working. So, without worrying you can insert the plug of equipment in the socket and enjoy your home activities.
- It gives surge protection from fluctuations.
- It consumes a maximum 250V AC.
- It takes a current of 6 AMPS.
- It has a power consumption of 1500W.
- It comes with auto-detect wire connectivity.
- It has four well-spaced switches.
- It provides the On/Off button.
- It comes with a fuse blow-indicator. It indicates fuse blows in case of overloading.
- Its body has a sleek design and made of plastic.
- The length of the cord is 1.5 metre and made of rubber.
- It is available in white colour design.
- It weighs 249 grams.
What We Like
- It comes in low price cost.
- It is worth for money.
- It is easy to use.
- It has a child-safety shutter.
10. Impro 5 Plugs + 2 USB Tower Sockets Spike Buster
This adapter is a smaller yet powerful device that provides safety protection for the electric equipment. With the overload protector, it is more safe and reliable. It comes with high-quality phosphor copper with good conduction and flexibility. It is durable and powerful enough to be widely used for home, hotel or office appliances.
This Spike Guard is multi-functional and highly efficient. It comes with the independent switch. There is a big space between the sockets that makes it more convenient to use. With easy cable management, it is easier for the user to accommodate it. It is super compatible with the iPad, cell phones and other mobile devices. It is also suitable for other electric appliances.
- The dimensions of the product are 13 x 13 x 26 cm.
- It weighs 676 g.
- It has a trendy multi-coloured design.
- It has three horizontal floors with five-way socket and 2 USB jacks.
- Its power output is 2500W.
- It needs a power supply of 110-240 V.
- It has one switch and 1 LED light for each layer.
- Its charge conversion rate is more than 82%.
- It is well-made with the advanced eco-friendly material.
- It has a silver-plated alloy switch that is anti-arc and anti-oxidative.
- It comes with the high-quality universal plug point adapter.
What We Like
- It is wall-mountable.
- It is moist-proof and lighting proof.
- It is thermostable.
- It comes with the 180-degree revolving port.
- It is well-fitted with pure copper core cable that is safe.
Best Surge Protector Brands in India
How to Choose the Best Surge Protector?
It is crucial to consider a few things before buying making any decision to buy the surge guard (power strip) for your electronic outlets. Surge protectors vary from their shape and number of sockets. So, pick wisely according to your gadget requirement.
Number of Ports
The first thing to consider before buying the surge protector is several sockets. It depends on how many components you decide to plug into the board. Some extension board comes with USB-ports for charging the devices. Most of the extension board comes with 4 to 6 outlets. It is better to go for the protector with at least four sockets.
It is the most crucial factor that you should look on while purchasing a surge protector. It is the measure of energy-absorption or energy-dissipation of the surge diverter. It is measured in Joules (J). It is the maximum value of energy that it can absorb without falling. So it is better to go for the protectors that have high absorption rating.
Its value ranges from 200 to 1000 joules. A higher joule rating implies that the particular surge protector can offer better surge protection to your appliances.
It is described as the maximum voltage that the extension board allow passing through it before absorbing the excess current. In other words, it is that value of the voltage beyond that the surge protector absorbs the excess current flowing through it.
For instance, if you have an appliance that operates at 200V to 240V, then a surge protector rated at 240 V is quite suited for you. If throughout a voltage-surge, it goes beyond 240 volts then the surge protector will absorb the access the energy and thus will guard your appliances from any damage.
It is defined as the time taken by the surge protector to restart in case there is a surge. Although we all know it undergoes only for nanoseconds, however, it is enough to destroy the devices.
Lesser the response time, lower is the time for that the appliances operate on the spiked voltage and hence, safer are the appliances.
It is always suggested to select the extension board that have wide cord length. Usually, they come with a minimum of the 2 meter length of cord.
Always go for the product that comes with an inbuilt LED indicator. They indicate the power supply and protection-status of the device.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is a spike guard the same as a voltage stabiliser?
Stabilisers are static machines that stabilise the voltage before passing it on to the connected the appliances, whereas surge protectors only shield the equipment from sudden surges.
Surge protector can’t boost voltage. It is always beneficial to have surge protection. The stabiliser is generally not needed unless there is power system problems or power swing in your area.
2. What is the difference between a surge suppressor and power strip?
The power strip can be used as an extension of wall outlets; however, the power strip doesn’t feature circuit breakers.
Surge protector comes with a circuit-breaker that offers surge protection to your device.
3. Can you plug-in an extension cord into a surge suppressor?
Yes, you can do it for temporary use. It could give you extra room for more sockets to be placed and more devices to be joined. However, be careful not to overload the outlet surge protector and thus to cause wire tripping.
4. When to replace your surge guard?
Many costly surge protectors come with a lifetime warranty. However, it must be understood that a surge protector doesn’t last forever. It wears out and degrades over time. Its surge protection capacity degrades with use.
- If you live in an area with regular-voltage fluctuations, then there are high chances that your surge protector requires frequent replacement.
- If your house experiences frequent power cuts, then it indicates a problematic connection.