Way back when the smartphone first introduced the world to apps, no one could have predicted that apps would soon take over nearly every screen we interact with, but now they’re everywhere, even LED Televisions.
Smart TVs are proficient of connecting to the high-speed internet, allowing you to enjoy favourite web content on a big screen.
The arrival of Smart TV is the next sign of entertainment beyond the smartphone and tablet.
Smart TV is a digital television that provides connectivity and internal storage for all types of entertainments.
Sit back and enjoy television like you never have before as it offers advanced television viewing.
As with any new technology, searching a Top Quality Smart TV can be challenging.
Based on our Market Research, we have prepared a buyer’s guide along with a list of 10 Best Smart TV in India 2019.
We highly recommend you to read our buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Comparison Chart for Top 10 Smart TVs in India
|Smart TV||Screen Size||Sound Output|
|Samsung UA49N5300AR||49 Inches||40 Watts|
|LG 43LK5760PTA||43 Inches||20 Watts|
|Samsung UA43N5300AR||43 Inches||40 Watts|
|Kevin KN40S||40 Inches||20 Watts|
|Mi 4A PRO||49 Inches||20 Watts|
|TCL 43P65US||43 inches||20 Watts|
|Shinco SO42AS-E50||40 Inches||20 Watts|
|Kevin KN55UHD||55 Inches||30 Watts|
|Panasonic TH-32FS601D||32 Inches||20 Watts|
|Sony KD-43X7500F||43 Inches||20 Watts|
Which are the 10 Best Smart TVs in India for 2019?
1. Samsung 123 cm (49 Inches) Full HD LED Smart TV UA49N5300AR (Black, 2018 Model)
Samsung Smart TV display features a bright picture, vibrant colours, crisp details, Ultra Pix and Dimming Pro functions. The SmartThings app allows seamless screen and sound convergence using just one app.
- This TV has a LED display technology with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixel.
- It supports the HDR that makes the display lively.
- Its sound output is of 40 watts that comes from internal setups.
- The refreshing rate of the TV is 60Hz.
- It comes with 2 HDMI ports and 1 USB port that supports ARC (Audio Return Channel).
- It has a CF card slot, one aerial cable, LAN port and some digital audio out component connection.
- It runs on the Tizen OS and has a lot of functionality.
- It is powered with a quad core processor.
- It comes with standard IR based remote that we can use for navigation.
- Samsung gives a warranty of 12 months on the product.
What we like
- This TV has a great sound system that’s Dolby audio.
- It doesn’t require a set top box as there’s space for a CF card on the TV itself.
- This Smart TV can mirror the linked smartphone.
- It offers a wide variety of apps that you can download as per your needs.
What we didn’t like
- It doesn’t support voice recognition feature.
2. LG 108 cm (43 Inches) Full HD LED Smart TV 43LK5760PTA (Black) (2018 model)
LG Smart TV provides delicate detail and lifelike colour with a wide range of contrast. It supports multi HDR formats including HDR10 Pro and HLG Pro.
- LG 43LK5760PTA is a 43 inch Ultra HD LED Smart TV.
- Its refresh rate is 50 Hertz.
- It offers a wireless audio experience.
- It has a sound output of 20 Watts.
- It works on WebOS.
- It comes with Dolby Digital Plus & Dual woofer system.
- It provides connectivity with 2 x (HDMI) and 1 x (USB) inputs.
- Its display features reduced motion blur, enhanced skin tone and accurate colours.
- It comes with AI ThinQ Speak Technology.
- It comes with one-year of warranty.
- It has in-built wifi connectivity. You can surf on internet while watching TV.
What we like
- You can connect Bluetooth headset, sound bar etc. wirelessly.
- It is a multi-tasking Smart TV. You can watch TV and surf the internet simultaneously.
- You can download apps & games from LG Content store.
- It has a magic remote control that lets you browse the functions from anywhere in the room.
3. Samsung 108 cm (43 Inches) Full HD LED Smart TV UA43N5300AR (Black, 2018 Model)
Samsung UA43N5300AR TV is a 43 inch HD ready LED Smart TV. Watch your favourite video with natural colours that deliver details as crisp as the real thing. Its Ultra clean view gives you high quality images with less distortion.
- It has a refresh rate of 50 Hertz.
- The TV has two HDMI ports and 1 USB port.
- It works on Tizen OS.
- Its Micro-Dimming Pro feature divides the screen into zones and analyses each one for deeper blacks and purer whites.
- It allows you content sync and shares with Samsung Cloud.
- It has a 40 watts sound output that is very loud and clear.
- It comes with a warranty of one year.
- It has a Smart thing app that helps you to connect the TV with other devices.
What we like
- It comes with pre-installed apps like Netflix, Amazon prime video, live news and many more.
- Its sound and picture quality is excellent.
- Its viewing angles are excellent.
What we didn’t like
- It doesn’t support Bluetooth.
4. Kevin 102 cm (40 Inches) Full HD LED Smart TV KN40S (Black, 2019 Model)
Kevin is one of the leading manufacturers of LED Smart TV. This Smart TV by Kevin Android series is official Google and powered by the latest Android OS.
It comes with an A+ grade panel that gives life-like colour and wide viewing angle. It is one hub for all your entertainment requirements and one single remote for voice control and volume adjustment.
- Kevin KN40S is a full HD resolution LED smart TV.
- It is a 40-inches LED TV.
- Its refresh rate is 60 Hertz, and sound output is 20 watt.
- It has built-in Wi-Fi, 3G dongle plug & play and ethernet (RJ45).
- It has 8 GB digital storage capacity.
- It holds 1 year of warranty from the manufacturer.
- Its maximum operating distance is 7 feet.
- It comes with two powerful speakers for clearer and better quality sound.
- With M-cast you can share your TV screen with IOS or Android mobile phones.
- Its built-in cinema mode feature allows you to watch a movie in theatre style audio and video settings.
- It also features Eco Vision, Cinema Zoom and Auto sleep mode.
- It comes with two HDMI, 2 USB ports. It has one VGA port for laptop connectivity.
What we like
- You can stream, download, discover all within seconds.
- It provides an ultimate gaming experience with clearer and crisper scenes.
- Its HRDD resolution display gives a good picture quality.
- It comes with pre-installed apps like Hotstar, Facebook, Youtube and Netflix.
- Its web touch remote allows you to browse through your fingertips.
5. Mi LED TV 4A PRO 123.2 cm (49) Full HD Android TV (Black)
Mi LED TV 4A PRO is the smart Android TV that has almost everything that you are looking for in a smart TV. This Android TV offers thousands of movies, shows and games from Google Play, Youtube and favourite apps. Mi television allows you to access everything on the internet without any hassles.
- It has a Full HD 49 inch LED screen with an ultra-bright resolution.
- It has PatchWall based system that runs on Android TV.
- It has 20 watts DTS-HD stereo speakers that provide a more vibrant and deeper sound.
- It supports built-in Chromecast, Google Play store and 7,00,000+ hours of content on PatchWall.
- It has a 64-bit quad-core processor with 2GB RAM + 8GB storage.
- Its MI remote comes with google voice search feature.
- It has an FHD + HDR display that gives exceptional detail, colour and contrast ratio.
- It has multiple ports, Bluetooth 4.2 and Wi-Fi for better connectivity.
- It has 3 HDMI ports and 2 USB ports.
- Mi provides it one year of the warranty period and one year extra on the panel.
What we like
- It supports tabletop and wall mounting.
- It offers content across 15 languages.
- It comes with an inbuilt Chromecast.
- With multiple ports, you’ll be able to connect various entertainment devices.
What we didn’t like
- The quality of sound isn’t up to the mark.
6. TCL 107.88 cm (43 inches) 4K LED UHD Smart TV 43P65US (Black)
Save INR 16,990.00 ( 37% )
(as of 21/05/2019 23:58 IST - Details)
Buy Now on Amazon
If you are looking for a cinematic experience of watching movies at home, it is a good buy LED at the best budget. TCL introduced itself in the market a couple of years back. Since then, it has been providing top models to India.
TCL 4K UHD Smart TV is a 43-inch LED television. It has a micro dimming feature that is depending upon the colours on the area of TV dims or illuminates that particular area. This TV comes with active HDR support that produces dazzling detail images with accurate reproduction of light and dark shades.
- This 4K TV has a screen resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels making it an Ultra HD panel.
- Its refresh rate is of 60 Hertz that provides an enhanced video quality.
- It comes with an output at the bottom of the screen that is a total of 20 watts.
- It comes with DTS Dolby digital sound to boost the surround sound experience.
- The TV has 3 ports for connecting with the HD devices based OS.
- The TV comes with a standard remote control that has individual buttons like one for Netflix.
- It features T-Cast for wireless sharing.
- TCL provides 18 months warranty on the product.
What we like
- Its sports mode allows you to enjoy the immersive feeling of live action sports events.
- Its Dual Core CPU+GPU powerful hardware assures a smooth, fast and smart experience.
- Its narrow bezel gives a better viewing experience.
- Its sound and picture are of great quality.
What we didn’t like
- The Netflix doesn’t identify to play its HDR content and sticks only to HD.
7. Shinco 102 cm (40 Inches) Full HD Smart LED TV SO42AS-E50 (Black, 2019 Model)
Shinco SO42AS-E50 is an Android 5.1 Smart LED TV that allows you to Re-live your favourite moments with the easy, quick screen capture feature. It features a super thin bezel with a glossy finish that delivers tremendous value in a modern slim design. It is the Best 40 inch Smart LED TV from Shinco.
- It is a 40 inch Smart LED TV.
- Its processor coupled with 1GB RAM makes TV four time faster than conventional TV.
- It offers 178 degrees viewing angle and 60 Hertz refresh rate.
- It has 3 ports for connection with a set-top box, Blu Ray players and gaming console.
- It allows you to connect hard drives and other USB devices.
- It comes with 1 TFT card input to access images, videos or songs.
- It assures a deep and detailed picture.
- Its Smart remote comes with a mouse function that lets you run your TV with ease.
- It has an ultra-low power consumption of less than 85 watts and hence energy efficient.
- It supports screen mirroring via M.Cast.
- It comes with a 12-month warranty.
What we like
- Its boot time is fast.
- Its HRDP technology gives sheer perfection of colour, contrast and clarity.
- It supports quick and reliable streaming without cables.
8. Kevin 140 cm (55 Inches) 4K UHD | HDR-10 LED Smart TV KN55UHD (Black, 2019 Model)
Kevin Ultra HD 4k LED TV is an Android television that’ll give you access to limitless entertainment. It is the Best 55 inch LED TV from Kevin.
It provides sheer perfection of colour, contrast and picture clarity. Search less and watch more with a smarter way to enjoy entertainment.
- It is a 4K Ultra HD TV with 55 inches display.
- It has a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixel.
- This TV contains two flash drive ports and two HDMI (high definition multimedia interface) ports.
- It has 1 VGA port to connect laptops.
- It has a dual-core processor and 1 GB RAM.
- It has a sound output of 30 watts with Power Audio volume.
- The maximum viewing distance is 7 feet for this TV.
- It features Super Slim Bezel, Eco Vision and Dynamic Crystal Colour.
- It has built-in wifi to connect to the internet.
- It has an Android 7.0 Nougat OS.
- Kevin provides one year warranty on the product.
What we like
- It gives a great picture quality.
- It has mirroring and casting options.
- The remote has dedicated buttons for Netflix, Hotstar and Youtube.
9. Panasonic 80 cm (32 Inches) HD Ready LED Smart TV TH-32FS601D (Black, 2018 Model)
Panasonic is famous for presenting some of the most innovative products at affordable prices. It has an IPS LED that enhances the picture quality. You can easily reproduce what’s showing on your portable device on your television’s much bigger screen by easy mirroring. It is one of the Best 32-inch Smart LED TV.
- This TV is 32 inches HD LED Smart TV with 1366 x 768p resolutions.
- It allows you to connect the game consoles and cable box.
- It also contains two ports to connect hard drives and other USB devices.
- It has IPS LED with the super bright panel.
- The Refresh rate of television is 60 Hertz.
- Its sound output is 20 watts and has Bluetooth 2 way audio.
- It comes with Hexa Chrome Drive technology that provides natural, beautiful colours with six colour reproduction.
- Its Backlight Motion Rate is 800Hz.
- It features My Home Screen 3.0 that gives ease to customise home UI.
- It supports Easy mirroring & swipe and share feature.
- Panasonic gives a warranty of one year on this product.
What we like
- It provides HDR (high dynamic range) images and extensive smart functionality.
- It offers Bluetooth Audio Link function that connects easily to the wireless audio speaker via Bluetooth.
- Its Hexa Chroma drive makes the visuals much more lifelike.
- It delivers amazing sound and display quality.
What we didn’t like
- It comes with basic apps and limited options to download from the app market.
10. Sony 108 cm (43 Inches) 4K UHD LED Smart TV KD-43X7500F (Black, 2018 Model)
Sony KD-43X7500F is recommended by Netflix for its high performance, cutting edge-smart features and easy app access. With Voice search feature, you can find content across different services without the hassle of time-consuming text entry.
- It is a 43 inches TV with a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels.
- It has 4K UHD and 4K X-Reality Pro engine that gives the best visual experience. This picture engine is an essential feature for those who are intending to play games or watch action movies on their TV.
- It has 20 watts bass reflex speakers that produce clear audio.
- It includes 3 HDMI ports, 3 USB ports, audio output connection and LAN port.
- It supports internet connection.
- It comes with standard remote that has dedicated buttons for Netflix and Youtube.
- It has an Android TV feature voice search, Google Play and Chromecast.
- Its X-Protection PRO technology shields TV against electrical surges & unstable electricity.
- With Motionflow XR, enjoy smooth and sharp details even in fast-moving sequences.
- The Sony LED TV works on Linux OS.
- It comes with a 1 year manufacturer warranty.
What we like
- This HDR television is a perfect partner for play station 4 and play station 4 pro consoles.
- It has Smart plug-in option for your Smartphone to enjoy the content on the TV screen.
- It comes with the protection from lightning, surge and humidity.
What we didn’t like
- Its operating system isn’t as flexible and user friendly as others in the market.
Best Smart TV Brands in India
Benefits of Smart TV
- Web Browsing Capability: You can surf the web, and watch favourite programs on your TV.
- Apps: You can enjoy different apps and games with your smart TV. You can download them from the app store or use them preloaded on the internet.
- Streaming Video Service: Online streaming videos like Amazon Prime and Netflix can be accessed via the internet to provide you with the latest TV shows, movies etc.
- Games: Many Smart TVs have gaming apps that let you enjoy your favourite games on a large screen giving you a perfect view and a feel compared to a smartphone or a tablet.
How to Choose a Smart TV?
You can enjoy various applications, surf the internet as well as stream different internet videos right from your living room with an excellent Smart TV. There are different models in the market, and that makes it challenging to choose the best model. Here are some tips that would help you in selecting smart TV at an affordable price.
Just the way smartphones have multiple options to choose from the Operating Systems, even a TV’s OS comes with a variety of choices.
Android Used by Sony Smart TV
The feature offered by Android TV is that the user can operate the TV using any other Android device such as a phone or tablet.
WebOS by LG
LG transformed the world of Smart TV by starting WebOS as it is a simple and user-friendly interface.
It has Google assistant, and Alexa enabled for oral control. But WebOS supports selected apps.
Smart Hub and Tizen by Samsung
Tizen Smart hub gives the option to split the screen for multitasking.
Samsung provides with its new launch a lot of shortcuts, apps and icons to access the content.
The smart hub offers access to BBC, iPlayer, ITVhub, Demand 5, Netflix, Youtube and Amazon videos.
It is the number of pixels displayed in each dimension. It is written as width x height with units in pixels. The video content depends upon the number of pixels in the videos. HD Ready, Full HD and Ultra HD are the most common resolutions in the market today.
Mirroring and Casting
In Mirroring, the display on the source device is replayed on the smart TV. Whereas, casting is when what is on the source device isn’t precisely displayed on the smart TV.
Chromecast is a dongle that is to be plugged to the smart TV’s HDMI port. It is connected to the internet via a wifi network.
A Miracast is also a dongle device like Chromecast that makes a replica of the content on the portable device to another device and then to the smart TV.
It establishes a device to device connection instead of connecting via the internet.
Screen Size and Visual Quality
Mostly, people choose screen size based on their budget. But, it also depends upon how far you sit from the screen. It is one of the most important parameters to keep in mind.
To get the best visual quality, you have to consider the model with higher frame refreshing rates, better viewing angles, as well as better contrast ratios. Higher resolution screens produce a more detailed image. So if you want a fantastic picture quality, you can opt for a 4K TV or 1080p TV.
There are several competing screen technologies in the market, but the most common are LED, OLED and QLED.
- The LED screens can produce powerful imagery at any resolution, and they are the most affordable.
- OLED is the latest advancement in the screen display sector. Organic Light Emitting Diode or OLEDs are the types of LED with a layer of organic compounds. These compounds emit light when an electric current is passed through them. This type of LED doesn’t have a requirement of a backlight to light up the specific areas in brightness and darkness. It gives a much better picture quality by offering robust colours and faster image processing.
IPS and VA are the two main types of panels available in the market. The IPS panel has a better viewing angle. Whereas, VA panels are better in terms of accurate colour reproduction. It is the reason that brands like Sony and Samsung are still using VA panels.
Quality of The Sound
TVs become slimmer and compact than older versions leaving so little space for the speakers. Slim Smart Television set doesn’t have a good sound quality; hence it often requires a sound system to boost the sound.
All the smart TVs need to have basic connectivity available for it to function with other devices.
Some of the connectivity options for input developed are:
- An inbuilt Wi-fi on smart TV allows wireless connection to use the internet. It helps to transfer the media files in a hassle-free way.
- With the help of USB ports, you can connect pen drives, internet dongles, hard disks etc.
- Using Bluetooth connectivity option you can connect devices to the smart TV without using a wire within a distance of 50 metres.
- 3.5mm Audio Jack is used to connect the headphones, speakers and soundbars.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do You Need a Paid Subscription to Use Streaming Apps on a Smart TV?
Yes. Most televisions come with many apps that are free to download and free to use. They also support the most popular streaming services, like Hulu, Amazon, Netflix Video.
Does a Smart TV Need a Cable Box?
If you want to continue receiving your current lineup of channels, then you need a cable box.
A broadband connection is necessary to stream the content from your smartphone, Netflix and Amazon Video onto a Smart TV,
Does a Smart TV Crash or Hang Like a PC?
With the advancement in technology and the use of quad core processor, the televisions can deal with this issue on their own.
If you’re facing this problem at the moment then turning it off and then switching it back on works for the provisional purpose.
Does a Smart TV Regularly Update the Software?
Most of the major brands have assured that the software gets regular updates. You can update the smart TV software in simple steps:
- Go to Smart TV settings.
- Select the Setup or Product Support.
- Select the software update.
- Select Yes to install the update.