In A Hurry? Our Top 3 Picks To Buy
Printers are one of the most useful tech accessories to have in your home.
Having a decent printer for the home means you can easily print off documents, photos, homework, flight or train ticket and more without leaving the house.
For just one ticket printing running around for an internet cafe to print is very time-consuming.
Whatever your requirements, buying a new printer can be a confusing process.
We have prepared a list of Best Printer for Home Use in India 2020 based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 Printers in India 2020
|Printer for Home Use||Type|
|HP Laser Jet P1108||Printer|
|HP Laserjet M1005||MFP|
|Canon Pixma G2012||Printer|
|HP DeskJet 4729||MFP|
|Epson EcoTank L3150||MFP|
|HP Laserjet Pro M126nw||MFP|
Which are the Top 10 Best Printers for Home Use in India 2020?
1. HP Laserjet P1108 Monochrome Laser Printer
This is a high performance and reliable printer which delivers comprehensive security. It is a perfect device for your office and small business establishments. This printer provides sharp images and bold texts.
This all-in-one printer comes with 266 MHz processor with a 2 MB internal memory that accelerates the printer speed. It needs less warm-up time so that you can get the print job done.
- It provides a colour prints resolution Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi.
- It gives a printer speed Up to 18 pages per minute without any fault.
- The device comes with one year of manufacturing warranty.
- The printer is compatible with HP 88A Black Original LaserJet Toner Cartridge.
- It gives a page yield of 1500 pages.
- It supports the page A4; A5; A6; B5; postcards; envelopes (C5, DL, B5) size.
- It can print up to 5,000 pages per month.
What we like
- It has a minimum power consumption of 1.4 Watts.
- It is suitable for small offices and home.
- This laser printers have high-speed connectivity with USB 2.0.
2. Canon LBP2900B Laser Printer
The printer from Canon is a single function printer that offers better print quality with easiness. This is the most reliable laser printer that is useful for small office and home usage.
This printer has cartridge that prints more sheets and helps in reducing printing costs. Its automatic image refinement technology (AIR), smoothes out the rough edges on texts and graphics to give a great print resolution.
- It has a maximum print resolution of up to 2400 x 600 dpi.
- It can print 12 pages per minute with efficiency.
- It supports A4 Letter size page.
- Its can colour prints 2000 page with one cartridge.
- It comes with auto duplex printing attribute.
- It comes with one year of warranty.
- It comes with automatic image refinement technology (AIR).
- It is compatible with cartridge 303.
- It has one USB port that facilitates connectivity with wired devices.
What we like
- It is compact in size and affordable.
- It is easy to use and install.
- The cost per page is not too high.
- It gives high print quality printouts.
3. HP Laserjet M1005 Multifunction Monochrome Laser Printer
This is a multifunction laserjet printer that comes with print ink cartridge technology. It ensures reliable and consistent results every time you print the document. It includes simpler traits such as print, copy or scanning than ever.
This is the Best Printer for Home. Its motive is to save space and accomplish more.
- These laser printers perform various functions such as printing, scanning and copying the documents.
- It has a 2 inch LCD and comes with USB connection.
- This all-in-one printer colour prints 14 Ppm.
- It ensures print quality and is ideal for Business and Enterprises.
- It uses the page of A4, A5, B5, C5, C6, DL and postcard size.
- The printer has a print resolution Up to 600 x 600 DPI.
- It comes with a duty cycle up to 5,000 pages per month.
What we like
- It is affordable.
- It is an excellent choice for block printing.
- It is ideal for a home office or small office use.
- It is suitable for microbusiness.
- It helps to save lots of space on your desk.
- The cost per page is very low.
4. Canon Pixma G2012 All-in-One Ink Tank Colour Printer
It is the all-in-one printer can do print, scan and copy. It is designed for high volume printing at low-cost. It ensures more than 300 prints per month. It support multiple paper size and borderless printing. The auto duplex printing attribute is enabled in this printer.
This is the Best Printer for Home that prints in colour, black and white and has a USB connectivity. This ink tank printer is compatible with Vista 7, Windows XP etc.
- The warranty on the machine is for one year.
- It has a 1.2 inch of an LED display and USB affinity.
- It prints 8.8 pages monochrome, and five coloured pages per minute effectively.
- This all-in-one inkjet printer includes two extra bottles of GI790 ink (black),
- It has a resolution for colour prints up to 4800×1200.
- This inkjet printer uses the page-size of 4.0″x6.0″ till A4 / Letter / Legal / A5 / B5 ; Duplex Print.
What we like
- It is a perfect printer for home, office use.
- It gives black and white coloured pages with quality.
- It is an all-in-one printer that is used for multipurpose work.
- It comes with the ink tank integrated system.
- The cost per page is low but the quality is high.
5. HP DeskJet 4729 All-in-One Ultra Ink Advantage Printer
This is a Deskjet ink printer to print, scan & copy documents. This smart technology gives you the choice to print via smartphone, tablets or pc. It offers easy printing that connects your smartphone or tablet directly to your printer. This ultra ink advantage printer is a durable and reliable printer.
The simplified icons on the printer simplify your task for controlling print and scan functions. This printer lets you connect you to the wireless network. It makes you stay focused on the work. The flatbed scanner is integrated inside this printer.
- You can colour prints 7.5 (Black), and 5.5 (Colour) pages per minute by this printer.
- The warranty on this is of 1 year.
- The dimensions of the machine are 48.6 x 35 x 18.8 cm.
- It provides a duty cycle of up to 1,000 black and white pages per month.
- It uses the page-size of A4, B5, A6, DL envelope.
- This All-in-One printer provides colour resolution of print up to 4800 x 1200 and black up to 1200 x 1200 rendered DPI.
What we like
- It is a colour printer that is suitable for the office and home use.
- With wireless connectivity printing, it makes your life better and smooth.
- It lets you stay focused on your work.
6. Brother DCP-T510W Printer
This Printer is stylish at its first look as it is black in colour and compact in size. It is designed to fit tight spaces and budgets. It offers bigger savings and smarter design with a refill ink tank system. It has a flatbed scanner for scanning the documents.
This printer can speed up your workflows so you can do more in less time. Its LCD display and control panel allows easy navigation of print settings. You can view user-friendly error messages or quick on-screen guide for an instant self solution without delay to print jobs.
- It has a maximum resolution of Up to 1,200 x 6,000 dpi.
- It offers ultra-high 6000-page yield for black ink.
- It has a 1-line LCD screen.
- It is a multifunctional printer. It can print, scan & copy.
- It supports A4, Letter, Executive, Photo, Photo-L, Photo-2L, and Index card size.
- It’s print speed is 12/6 IPM(impressions per minute)
- It has a reserve ink tank operation.
- It comes with a one-year manufacturer warranty.
What we like
- It offers high quality printouts.
- It is budget-friendly and easy to set up.
- It comes with wireless connectivity for remote printing.
- Its cost per page makes its popular choice.
What we didn’t like
- It doesn’t support duplex print.
7. HP Laserjet Pro M126nw Multi-Function Laser Printer
This is a smart printer that allows you to print directly from your phone. This printer delivers clear and crisp content with resolution of 600×600 dots per inch. It comes with a flatbed scanner type.
It is a multi-functional and fast-paced printer that is useful in printing, scanning & copy at your convenience. It prints with a lightning speed of up to 20 ppm. It performs at a high pace and gives you a productive printing experience.
- It prints 20 pages per minute and Rs 2 cost per page as per Indian standards.
- It supports the page-size of A4, A5, B5, envelopes, and postcards.
- The printer gives a resolution of Up to 1200 x 1200 DPI.
- It can print up to 8,000 black and white pages in one month.
- The warranty on the device is of 1 year and also provides a one next year of business day exchange support.
What we like
- It is highly compatible with tablets, phone and Pcs.
- It is easy and comfortable to operate.
- It smoothly copies on both sides and saves the paper.
- It is ideal for small business, entrepreneurs and firms.
8. Epson EcoTank L3150 Printer
This printer gives better performance with low running costs. It is a multifunctional printer. It has the ability to print, copy and scan with ease. This printer consumes just 12 watts of power. Its smart and compact design helps you remain organised and frees up desk space.
With an excellent resolution of print and impressive print speed, you can print school projects, reports, letters and photos with this printer. The flatbed scanner is integrated with this printer.
- It prints 33 pages within a minute.
- The 15 colour pages per minute are printed by this machine.
- Its maximum resolution for printing monochrome is 5760 x 1440 Pixels.
- Its cost per page is seven paise for black and white and 18 paise for a colour page.
- It comes with a pack of 4 x 70ml (C, M, Y, Bk) genuine Epson ink.
- This ink tank printer supports A4, A5, A6, B5, C6, DL page size.
- It is compatible with Mac and Window PC along with having support for USB 2.0.
- It provides one year warranty with the free onsite installation.
What we like
- It offers ultra-low-cost printing and prints more sheets in a minute.
- It is compressed in size and portable to any place.
- It comes with an ink tank integrated system.
- Its Micro-Piezo technology gives you better quality printouts.
What we didn’t like
- It is costly.
- It supports manual duplex printing.
9. HP 410 All-in-One Wireless Color Printer
It is an all-in-one printer with a high volume and low-cost printing. It ensures easy mobile scan printing and scanning with HP smart app. The printer also provides print quality picture with a spill-free ink refill system.
With this high-capacity ink tank printer, it prints thousands of pages. It gives the darker, crisper and borderless text to black and white image papers. It comes with a flatbed scanner device. It has wireless connectivity for remote printing.
- It ensures wifi, HP smart app and USB connectivity.
- It provides 7.5 black and white, 4.5 coloured pages per minute.
- The printer carries A4, B5, A6, DL, and envelop.
- It prints the resolution upto 4800 x 1200 optimised dpi (colour) and black upto 1200 x 1200.
- It provides a duty cycle of 1000 pages per month.
- The warranty on the equipment is of 1 year.
What we like
- It helps to print, copy and scan.
- The cost per page in this machine is very low.
- It is compact.
- It generates more than 3oo pages in one month.
10. Epson M205 All-in-One Wireless Printer
This printer from Epson is one of the highest-selling InkTank Printer. It gives you crystal clear type-setting in one go. This black and white shade printer is reliable and of labour-saving technology. Epson has satisfied more than 1.8 people through its brilliant product quality.
It is the Best Printer for home that comes with a 2-line integrated LCD Panel for smooth operations. Its Wifi compatibility makes it easy for you to scan documents via cloud services — Box Net, DropBox, etc. It can also scan uploaded files through an email.
- The manufacturer offers an onsite warranty of 1 year on the product.
- It is an Ink Tank Printer type. It can perform multiple functions. Likewise, you can take a printout of 6000 pages. Even, you can scan your photos with excellent picture quality.
- It comes with Automatic Feeder that can copy and scan 30 pages with ease.
- Its package includes two ink bottles with an initial starter kit. It is sufficient for 8000-page printing.
- It gives you an instant result without any delay.
- It cuts up the need for cluttering wires.
- It can provide you with 34-print in one minute.
- It equips with Micro Piezo technology that offers a splendid resolution.
- It releases three pico-litres of ink droplets while taking prints with a resolution of up to 1440 dpi.
- It is compatible with USB 2.0, Windows and Mac.
- Its input supply is of 240 Volts.
- This all-in-one printer is compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7/8 Mac OS X 10.5.8/XP Professional x64 Edition/Vista.
- Its pigment ink roffers exceptional quality. It is water and fade-resistant.
What we like
- It utilises 30 Watts of power that is one-fourth of the electricity that individual it consumes.
- It supports wireless connectivity printing and suitable for home and a small office.
- It uses the A4 page to print black and white coloured image.
- Its ink tank is refillable.
Best Printer Brands in India for Home Use
How to Choose Printer for Home Use?
When you’re looking for a home printer for your needs, there are several things you need to take into account.
First of all, their size. Unlike business printers, you don’t need a big, bulky printer.
Single Function vs Multifunction Printer
The single-function printer copies the documents. Whereas multifunction printer along with the document printing does the scanning and copying as well.
The primary benefit of using a multifunction printer is its all-in-one ability where you don’t need to occupy ample desk space.
Due to the high demand of all-in-ones, manufacturers don’t much charge these printers. They are ideal for both office and home use.
This feature of the printer is both a time and paper saver. The Duplex printing or scanning on both sides of a page. It sketches on both sides without needing to flip over the page manually.
Many all-in-one printers with ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) for the scanner also have duplex printing feature.
There are multiple ways to send documents to your printer. Almost every printer offers a lot of connectivity options.
A majority of the home printers can link to a computer with the use of a USB connection.
Print Without a Computer
There are other attributes, especially on inkjet printers such as Bluetooth. The inkjet printer would enable you to print out photos directly from your mobile device. With an inkjet printer, you operate a Hassel free printing.
Using memory card slots, you can use the camera’s memory card directly in the printer to print the photos.
Share Without Cablesusb connectivity
Wi-Fi can be used to connect with a lot of smartphones and tablets by choosing printers which promote mobile printing.
Using PictBridge, you can connect a digital camera directly into the printer without a PC. It helps to print different photos effortlessly.
Print from Anywhere
This technology allows you to connect your printer directly to the web. Google Cloud Print lets you work from your phone, tablet, laptop and any other web-connected device.
Many printers include feed trays for printing on speciality papers with unusual sizes or different weights, which can make them easier to deal with them.
Smaller trays will require you to add paper all the time whereas a 250-page printer can last up to a month.
Some models also provide an optional second tray, that lets you use a different paper stock.
Speed is a dominant factor when you’re looking for a printer. Check out the device’s page per minute (ppm) rating before buying.
It is a critical purchasing factor when it comes to selecting your printer.
The lower the printer’s sticker value, the higher the expense of its ink or toner.
Before you buy a printer for home use, you should research how much ink cartridge would be needed and their costs as well.
Warranty and Support
When looking for printers for personal use, try exploring for an on-site warranty option.
Also, it is safe to choose an extended warranty if found available since you can save costs in the long run.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is the Difference Between Inkjet Printers and Laser Printers?
The main difference between the all-in-one inkjet printer and the laser is the type of ink cartridges each printer uses.
These laser printers produce digital images by scanning a laser beam across photoreceptor. The laser printers use a toner type ink cartridges and a heated fuser.
The Inkjet printer creates a digital image by dropping spots of ink onto paper. These inkjet printers use liquid ink sprayed through microscopic nozzles.
2. What is a Monochrome Printer?
Monochrome printers only use black colour ink. These printers are typically used in the professional environment due to their faster printing speed and lower cost per printed page.
3. What Is Fast Draft Printing?
It is a printing mode in which the printers print text as fast as possible without regard to the picture quality.