If you’re gazing to take your photography game to the next level, you’ve probably considered making the jump from smartphones or compact cameras to a Digital SLR camera.
These Digital Single Lens Reflex (DSLR) cameras not just capture, but also choose, click at the right time, the proper objects.
Due to the capability to switch out lenses and adjust every settings imaginably, DSLR’s are the tool of best choice for new and experienced photographers.
The most common hurdle that we face while buying the best DSLR camera from a variety of DSLR models is the budget.
There are some great DSLR cameras under INR 35000 to INR 40000 that are highly capable and can give an excellent ownership experience.
Digital SLR Cameras in this list should be an excellent choice for the beginners.
Based on our Market Research, we have prepared a list of Best DSLR Camera Under 35000 to 40000 in India 2019.
We highly recommend you to read our DSLR Cameras buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 DSLR Cameras Under 35000 to 40000 in India 2019
|Canon EOS 200D||24.2||100 - 12800|
|Nikon D3500||24.2||100 - 25600|
|Nikon D3500 DX Nikkor||24.2||100 - 25600|
|Canon EOS 1500D||24.1||100 - 6400|
|Canon EOS 1300D||18||100 - 6400|
|Nikon D3400||24.2||100 - 25600|
|Nikon D5600||24.2||100 - 25600|
|Sony Alpha ILCE5100L||24.3||100 - 25600|
|Fujifilm X Series X-T100||24.2||100 - 51200|
|Nikon D5300||24.2||100 - 12800|
Which are the Top 10 Best DSLR Camera Under 35000 to 40000 in India 2019?
1. Canon EOS 200D 24.2MP Digital SLR Camera
It is the world’s lightest DSLR camera with the world’s fastest AF system. Its focusing speed is so fast and precise that it can click multiple photos with the best possible way in quick session. It is one of the most popular cameras in India.
It is one of the Best DSLR cameras under 35000 to 40000 with notable attributes. It has a dual pixel CMOS AF-vari angle and 24.2MP digital sensor. It quickly focuses the spot with the great Live View Mode. Plus, it comes with a 16GB SD Card and a bag.
- The 24.2MP Digital SLR comes with APS-C CMOS AF for fastest live focusing.
- It provides an ISO range from 100-25,600 (expandable to 51,200).
- It comes with EF-S 18-55 mm f4 is STM Lens.
- It has a 3 inch vari-angle touchscreen LCD that has the best viewing angles.
- Canon EOS 200D is equipped with DIGIC 7 image processor.
- Its optical zoom is 24.2.
- It comes with 9 points AF and 63-metering zone sensor.
- This EOS 200D DSLR can shoot five frames per second.
- It comes with two-years of manufacturer warranty.
- Its connectivity options are top notch with built-in WiFi and NFC connectivity.
- The quality of the picture is a step above than the entry-level Canon cameras.
What we like
- It is ideal for taking high-resolution videos.
- It has a good battery life that takes 650 shots.
- It provides a sturdy grip that makes it comfortable to hold & use.
- It is a good camera for beginners. Its guided user interface helps beginners to learn the essential controls and settings.
- It has a touch screen and a robust body that can bear some rough handling and daily usage
- It gives a high image quality and video quality.
- Its low-light capabilities are better than the other models.
- It provides Bluetooth and NFC.
What we didn’t like
- It doesn’t have a GPS for geo-tagging.
- It has a basic arrangement of 9 autofocus points.
2. Nikon DSLR D3500 DSLR Camera
This 24.2MP Digital SLR is designed to add a unique experience to every moment that you capture. It lets you click best and the top class photos in every environment. It makes your photography moments best and real as it depicts the images the way you see to it. The camera gives a voice to your imagination. It is the best DSLR camera that you can purchase.
- The Nikon D3500 is 24.2-megapixel camera combined with the Expeed 4 processor.
- It comes with AF-P DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens.
- Its max ISO range is 100-25600 that equally suits working in bright conditions.
- It comes with a high-resolution TFT LCD.
- It comes with 3X optical zoom.
- It allows full HD movie recordings in 1920×1080/60 resolution.
- The product comes with 2-years of warranty.
- It is compatible with WU-1a Wireless Adapter.
- It has a good digital storage capacity of 13.2 GB.
- Nikon D3500 DSLR comes with 16 GB SD card, bag and 18-55mm lens.
What we like
- It allows you to capture dynamic images and videos.
- It is the best partner for your photography needs.
- It provides best quality of photographs.
- It works under a variety of work conditions.
- It allows for the best noise suppression.
- It is lightweight.
3. Nikon D3500 DX Nikkor DSLR Kit
This DSLR camera aimed at the cost-conscious buyer who’s looking to take the next-step in their photography journey.
It provides a combination of secure handling, reliable performance and quality images far beyond what you can expect from smartphones and snapshot cameras.
It is one of the Best DSLR Camera that has a simplified and compact design coupled with amazing attributes for capturing priceless times. You can quickly shoot and share your favourite and best images on social media.
- This DSLR from Nikon has the same effective 24.2 megapixel count as D3400, but it includes a new image sensor.
- It includes AF-P DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens.
- It has an APS-C sized CMOS sensor with an optical low pass filter that helps improve image quality.
- It offers one-touch full 1080p HD video resolution for recording with the autofocus mode.
- The Nikon D3500 has ISO is pretty broad, i.e., 100-25600.
- It has 11 auto focus points with a cross-type sensor in the centre.
- It comes with two years of manufacturer warranty.
- It provides Wi-Fi, NFC support.
What we like
- Its Guide Mode makes it easy to learn how to click in various situations.
- It offers 1550 frames per charging.
- It is the best DSLR camera under 30000 price range.
- It provides ten different filters that can be applied to both still images and films.
- Its VR (Vibration Reduction) version of the lens allows you to take the best pictures at slower rates and still achieve crisp and sharp shots.
- It has a smaller and lighter design and a deeper hand-grip.
What we didn’t like
- It allows only 95% frame coverage.
- It has fixed non-touch screen LCD on the rear.
- There is no 4K feature for videos.
4. Canon EOS 1500D 24.1MP Digital SLR Camera
This camera gets you a larger image sensor for best picture quality. Its large sensor size contributes to the ability to achieve the shallow depth-of-field necessary for creating top quality pictures with smooth background blur.
With this DSLR, all camera users will be able to capture good images and movies. It is the best DSLR camera for newbies or photographer.
- It comes with two lenses; an 18-55mm IS II lens and a 55-250 mm lens.
- It is a 24.1MP Digital SLR with an APS-C CMOS sensor.
- It has a DIGIC 4+ image processor that provides fast image process engine.
- Its Display size is 3-inch with 460-K dots.
- The standard ISO is 100-6400 (expandable to 12800).
- The speed of its shutter is 30 seconds to 1/4000th of the second.
- The matte finish on the surface of the camera provides a good grip.
- It is provided with Max Video Resolution up to 1080 (30 fps).
- Video Format: MOV, MPEG-4 / H.264.
- It comes with a high resolution display and an in-built Wi-Fi, NFC support.
What we like
- Its battery supports 500 shots.
- It has an outstanding video capture resolution.
- It can capture high-quality images and videos.
- Its NFC (Near-Field Communication) feature makes it easy for sharing between the smartphone and the camera.
- It is fit for shooting full HD video at the rate of 30 frames per second, and that is pretty good.
- Its large grip provides a firm, steady hold on the camera.
- It captures sharp images due to the fast, accurate AF.
- Wi-Fi and NFC Connectivity enables the flawless upload of photos and videos to social-media.
- It comprises accessories like strap, battery charger, battery pack, and SD card.
- It performs well under artificial lighting and even low-light conditions or night shots.
What we didn’t like
- There is no external mic port.
5. Canon EOS 1300D 18MP Digital SLR Camera
Canon has long been a well-known name in photography. It manufactures the best DSLR Cameras with distinct attributes. This DSLR camera is suitable to learn the principle of photography. It is the most selling and popular model in India.
It effortlessly captures distinctive DSLR quality pictures and cinematic Full HD movies. It has abundant auto shooting traits and is fit with 70-EE lens and 70-E-S lenses. You would be able to take beautiful photos like a pro. With its exciting attributes at an affordable price range, this DSLR can prove to be a bang for your buck.
- Canon EOS 1300D comes with 18MP APS-C CMOS sensor.
- Its image sensor has a total of nine auto focus points, including one cross-type point in the centre.
- It comes with a 3.0-inch higher resolution display.
- Its Shutter’s speed is 1/4000 sec.
- The ISO lies between 100 and 6400, expandable to 12800.
- It can burst the shoots at the rate of seven frames per second.
- It has an optical viewfinder, and its eye point is 21 mm.
- Support: RAW, JPEG and JPEG+RAW modes.
- It support video at 1920x1080p at 30fps.
- This Canon DSLR camera comes with two years of manufacturer warranty.
- The Canon EOS 1300D’s Wi-Fi uses NFC for secure connection with smartphones.
What we like
- Its video snapshot feature combines clips into the best looking video montage.
- It has five creative filters include Fisheye, Grainy B/W, Miniature, Toy Camera and Soft Focus.
- It can capture 500 shots once fully charged.
- It is budget-friendly and comes with two lenses.
- It has an excellent ISO performance and quick focusing speed.
- The size of the camera is equivalent to hand size.
- It provides good depth, detailing and delicate colouration to all the images clicked.
What we didn’t like
- It doesn’t support Touch Screen.
- There is no auto-stabilisation for video.
- It doesn’t support an external microphone port.
6. Nikon D3400 Digital Camera Kit
This Nikon D3400 is an old horse, but a very reliable one. It has been built with a carbon fibre monocoque, and this is one of the light-weight Digital cameras.
It combines the greatest of both worlds and will enable users to innovate with the high-grade quality and also enjoy connectivity on the go with their smart devices.
The camera beats its rival from Canon the 1500D in almost every way. This is the best DSLR camera that helps you capture every memory in great stunning details.
- Nikon D3400 has a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor.
- It comes with AF-P DX Nikkor 18-55mm lens, 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR Lens.
- It uses Nikon’s Expeed 4 image processor.
- It presents 11 auto focus point, RAW image support and contrast-detection autofocus.
- It has a 3-inch display with a 921-K dot.
- Its optical zoom is 1.5 X.
- The dimensions of the product are 7.6 x 12.4 x 9.8 cm.
- Its ISO sensitivity ranges from 100 to 25,600 with increments of one-stop.
- It has a shutter’s speed of 30-1/4000 second and a continuous shooting speed of 5 fps.
- It support video at 1080p at 60fps with 4K video support.
- This Nikon D3400 camera comes with the SnapBridge connectivity via a built-in Bluetooth low energy technology.
What we like
- The Nikon D3400 Kit contains the new 18-55m AF-D VR kit lens that speeds up shooting.
- Its quicker and quieter auto focus brings down noise while shooting videos.
- It integrates a DX-format CMOS sensor that will lead to sharper images in spite of low light.
- It automatically transfers all photos taken with the camera to a smart device with a simple, one-time set-up.
- The size makes it very convenient to carry around when you travel.
- It delivers 1200 shots per charge.
What we didn’t like
- It doesn’t support standard Wi-Fi.
- It has fixed the non-touch-sensitive screen.
7. Nikon D5600 Digital Camera 18-55mm VR Kit
Nikon offers spectacular pictures to the photography fans. With its high capturing speed, durability, and quality of its award-winning DSLR Camera technology makes it easier for you to capture every moment in an easy way.
It is advanced entry-level DSLR. The Nikon D5600 offers plenty of room to grow with good image quality, automatic controls and robust tools for pushing the limits of your creativity as far as they’ll bend.
- This Nikon D5600 camera has a 24.2 megapixels APS-C CMOS image sensor and an Expeed 4 image processing engine.
- It comes with 18-55mm lens.
- It has an ISO range of 100-25600 that captures fine and vibrant imagery.
- While taking a photograph, its shutter remains open for 30 seconds to 1/4000th of a second.
- It has 39-point autofocus (AF) that covers a wide area of the frame.
- It has a 3.2-inch articulating touchscreen display.
- Its continuous shooting speed is 5 fps.
- This Nikon D5600 can supoort full HD 1080p videos at 60 frames per second.
- It comes with two years warranty on the product.
- The Nikon D5600 wirelessly connects to your smart devices via Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth.
What we like
- It has a wide range of ISO that enables Full HD videos and time-lapse movie, even in low light situations.
- It allows 970 shots per charge with a long battery.
- It has a Snapbridge app for a smooth transfer of photos to a smartphone or a tablet.
- The lightweight and compact design makes ith the best DSLR camera.
- It has a stable build quality.
- You can easily handle it.
What we didn’t like
- Snapbridge feature needs to work only 1080p video.
- It is a bit expensive compared to rivals, but the quality of the camera is up to mark.
8. Sony Alpha ILCE5100L 24.3MP Digital SLR Camera
Sony introduces a full-frame mirrorless camera in its Alpha series. They manufacture the best DSLR cameras with a high-resolution sensor, hybrid AF system, and apt video recording capabilities, all within a sleek and convenient form factor.
This DSLR comes with the speed and versatility required by multimedia photographers and clicks the decisive moment, even when your subject is speeding along.
- Sony Alpha DSLR has a 24.3MP APS-C Exmor sensor.
- It comes with 16-50mm Lens.
- It has 3x optical zoom and can record up to 6 fps continuous shooting speed with notable sensitivity to ISO 25600.
- It supports 1080p Full HD video recording with the ability to shoot in 60, 30, or 24 fps frame-rates.
- It has a 3-inch 921k-dot articulating screen.
- The dimensions of the product are 28.7 x 25.5 x 19 cm.
- It comes along with six fps continuous shooting with superior AF tracking.
- It uses a Sony E-mount. This lens mount allows compatibility with an extensive no. of lenses and lens adapters.
- It provides secure connectivity with Wi-Fi and NFC.
What we like
- Sony DSLR Camera tracks fast-moving subjects with 179AF points.
- It is selfie-friendly due to its 180º tiltable LCD screen.
- Its built-in pop-up flash is useful for shooting in low-light.
- Its Lock-on AF enhances the tracking of moving subjects and makes it best camera.
- The BIONZ X image processor helps reproduce texture in real-time.
- Sony Alpha has one-touch remote and one-touch sharing technology.
- Its compact-size makes it travel-friendly.
What we didn’t like
- The battery life is weaker (400 shots/charge) as compared to other rivals.
- There is no external flash or microphone.
9. Fujifilm X Series X-T100 24.2MP Mirrorless Camera
Fujifilm X-T100 is a unique camera that captures your story and moment as you see it. It can be your everyday companion that lights your day through photography. It is a versatile camera for the best creativity.
It ensures renowned quality with a 24.2-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor with the image processing system. It is highly compatible with the X Mount lens range, including the trending small electric zoom lens.
- Fujifilm X is the 24.2-megapixel mirrorless camera that comes with XC15-45mm Lens Kit.
- It has two-year of warranty on the product.
- It comes with 3-way tilt LCD and touch screen operation.
- It weighs 448 g with an anodised coated aluminium top cover.
- It has a large APS-C image sensor and an advance R auto mode to recognise the scene.
- It comes with high-speed continuous shooting and high resolution shooting that records fast-moving subject.
- The weight of the product is 1.11 Kg.
What we like
- It ensures better photograph quality.
- It is retro and lightweight.
- It comes with many automatic functions.
- It is a unique and handy camera.
10. Nikon D5300 24.2 MP Digital Still Camera
This Digital Still Camera has almost all the new attributes that advance novices require and those who want to get the utmost out of their photography sessions. It stands out in image stabilisation. Now personalise your images from the Nikon D53oo camera with nine built-in special effects.
Quality of images, wire-less connectivity and creative control come together in this full-featured DSLR. It has a crystal clear 3.2 inch LCD screen with a vari-angle monitor that allows you to click at any point.
With several innovative qualities, this DSLR camera adds new dimensions to photography. You can record GPS and altitude information to your images. With Nikon D5300, you can relive your adventures with convenience and ease.
- The Nikon D5300 has a 24.2MP sensor with Expeed 4.
- This the best camera with ISO range of this camera is 100-12800.
- Nikon D5300 is a great camera that delivers the best 39af points to lock on and track subjects quickly.
- It provides max video resolution 1080p (60fps).
- With the 3D tracking mode, it maintains focus even when your subject is moving towards or away from it.
- It is good for videos and sports photography.
- The weight of the product is 1.94 kg.
- The Warranty is of 2-years on the product.
- With its free mobile utility app, it lets you remotely control the camera through your mobile.
- With all the vital traits, Nikon D5300 camera is an excellent choice for beginners.
- Its D-Lighting function helps in retaining the natural colours and light of the background.
What we like
- It shoots vibrant images with accurate colour reproduction and sharp details.
- Nikon D5300 captures remarkable details even in low lighting.
- It is compact and lightweight.
- It has a good battery backup.
- You can enjoy higher sensor resolution.
Best DSLR Camera Under 35000 to 40000 Brands
What to Expect in a DSLR Camera Under Rs 35000 to Rs 40000?
In this budget, you can pick up the Best DSLR Cameras that deliver you the flexibility to use different lenses. It may have wide-angle for sceneries, a fixed focus for portraits, superzooms for wildlife photography, etc.
The three mainstays of photography that can dramatically affect the quality of a photograph or the looks of an image (image quality) are camera ISO, speed and aperture.
ISO is just a camera setting that will brighten or darken a photo. For those reasons, ISO is a useful tool to help you capture top images in dark environments.
However, increasing the ISO range bring grain in the photos and might not be usable. You should raise ISO only when you are unable to brighten the picture via shutter or hole instead.
Every best camera has a different array of ISO values that you can use.
Shutter speed is the measurement of time that decides how long it remains open, exposing light onto the camera sensor.
If your speed is high, moving subjects in your picture will appear blurred along the direction of motion.
The slow shutter speed is used to photograph the objects in a dim environment.
It is measured in fractions of a second — for example, 1/2, 1/8, 1/30, 1/60, 1/125, 1/250 or 1/500.
The shutter speed and aperture together manage the total amount of light reaching the sensor.
This refers to the hole within a lens through which light travels in the camera body. It alters the exposure of your images by making them brighter or darker. The best camera can also add dimensions to your photographs by blurring the background.
Every aperture can also be expressed as an “f-number”. The lower the no., the more the lens is open.
The viewfinder is located at the top of the back of the camera. Viewfinders available on camera is either optical or electric in design.
These viewfinders use a prism or a mirror to redirect the light from the lens to it. The optical viewfinder displays what will be projected on to the sensor. It is called “through the lens technology” or TTL.
This (EVF) is also a TTL technology. The EVF is a small LCD. It replicates the effect of a viewfinder found on DSLRs. Its purpose is similar to the LCD, displaying the image being projected onto the sensor by the lens.
Some electric viewfinders in the best DSLR will also provide you an insight into various functions or corrections that the camera is going to make.
They don’t suffer from parallax errors.
Top DSLRs offer wi-fi support for easy transferring of files to tablets, smartphones, etc. And for cameras that don’t support wifi connectivity, there are many alternatives out there for controlling your DSLR via wireless accessories.
Battery life is calculated as per the number of shots. Even the basic DSLRs will happily offer 500-600 shots per-charge of the battery.
Mirrorless camera is inherently more dependent on a battery than DSLRs. It is always recommended to carry an extra battery just in case.
Modern DSLRs come with advanced autofocus systems. There is an option of viewing these autofocus points on either the LCD or in the view-finder.
The autofocus points translate to sharper images.
There are two types of Autofocus points (AF) -systems, i.e. Active and Passive.
- Active AF relies on the red beam to find out the distance between the camera and the subject. Once the camera detects the range, it instructs the lens to adjust focus.
- Passive AF uses special sensors within the camera to detect contrast from the light that goes through the lens (known as Phase Detection).
The bigger the sensor, the more the information it can capture, and the more well-defined your picture will be, especially when they are magnified.
APS (Advanced Photo System) is a file format. The specific size of an APS-C digital sensor varies slightly depending on the camera manufacturer. It is integrated into the lens.
There are three different image formats:
- H (High Definition)
- C (Classic)
- P (Panorama)
APS-C images sensors can be found in most DSLR.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is the Difference Between Mirrorless and DSLR Cameras?
Both DSLRs and mirrorless cameras are models with interchangeable lenses. The exception is that the latter usually use an electronic viewfinder rather than the optical one.
Nowadays, the high-end compact and bridge cameras are competition for DSLRs.
2. Sensor Size or Number of Megapixels – What Matters More?
The most significant variable is the size of the individual pixels. A pixel is like a light sponge- the bigger it is, the more light it absorbs. Whereas greater sensitivity lets you shoot at higher ISOs with less noise, better detail and more attractive colour gradation.
3. What Does EOS Stand for in Cameras?
EOS means Electro-Optical-System introduced by Canon. It is an autofocus SLR and mirrorless camera models.
4. Which DSLR Brand Beginners Should Choose?
Well, features and performance-wise Canon and Nikon are sharp rivals. Canon has smoother autofocus and offers lenses specifically for videos, whereas Nikon has a better colour depth.
Nikon may have better entry-level DSLRs, and Canon may have a better DSLR for sports.
So, being a semi-professional or a beginner; you can buy a DSLR from brands like Nikon, Canon or Sony. They manufacture the Best Digital Camera that has been tested for their high performance, robust build and reliable durability.