1. Ase Yoga Mat
Yoga is a mechanism that keeps your body healthy. Many years ago for practising yoga, there was no yoga equipment.
Presently yoga is accepted by everyone. According to a survey, about 16 million people are practising yoga, and interest is increasing rapidly. So for making yoga session practice more enjoyable different yoga mats are available in the market. They come in different shapes and patterns.
We have prepared a buyer’s guide along with a list of Best Yoga Mats in India based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our Yoga Mats buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Which are the Top 10 Best Yoga Mats in India 2021?
1. Ase Yoga India Eco-Friendly Yoga Mat
Ase generates a handloom by specialised weavers. It creates a mat that gives you the freedom to try all stretches and postures. It comes with a carrying strap for effortless handling. It easily gets rolled. It comes in a rectangular shape.
It is a budget-friendly mat. It is made up of organic and eco friendly material. It is the best yoga mat with sweat absorbent feature. The thickness of the yoga mat is 6 mm. It is simple to clean a yoga mat. This rubber yoga mat gives you a perfect grip for your yoga postures. The mat-dimension is 70×190 cm.
- It is suited for solid floor workout.
- It is a 100% cotton product.
- This rubber yoga mat provides resistance against dust and sweat.
- It comes with a great non-slip property that allows comfort in performing yoga-asanas.
- Its weight is 1.85kg.
- It comes in many shades.
- Its reverse side is made up of HD rubber that defends from skidding.
What We Like
- It is washable by water and a mild cleanser.
- It is manageable as it comes in a rollable form.
- It can hold you to the ground during yoga-posture.
2. Strauss Yoga Mat (Yogasana)
It is a yoga mat that you need for all yoga exercises. It is soft-padded for comfortable activity. It provides padding and support that makes you feel good and lets you do the posture comfortably. It ensures that you won’t damage your knees and feet while performing yoga postures. Besides, it comes with the full-zip closure carry bag. The bag has a convenient front pocket that gives more accessible storage for small mp3 iPod and headphones.
This yoga mat is well-made to prevent skidding, so you won’t find yourself slipping out of the mat in the middle of the session. Besides, it comes with an anti-slip design that makes the mat grip around more firmly and unmovable. It makes sure that you are doing yoga, pilate movements, or exercise in a balanced and safer way in the gym and home. Thus, it is the perfect mat for yoga workout and another floor exercise.
- It is available in two colors – blue and pink.
- It has one side textured design.
- Its dimensions are 173cm x 61cm x 6mm.
- It is lightweight and ultra-durable.
- It is waterproof and anti-scratch resistant.
- It comes with the foam construction that provides comfort.
- It is spacious and longer than a regular mat.
- It is sweat-absorbent and smell resistant.
- Its base provides firm grip and stability on the floor during yoga or workout.
- It is an easy to roll yoga mat that comes with a crease to help align the mat when starting to roll up after practice.
- It has a textured and sticky surface that is extra thick for more cushioning and support.
What We Like
- It is eco-friendly.
- It is easy-to-washable.
- It is non-slip on wood, tile, or cement floor.
- It is free from phthalates – DBP, DE-HP, BBP, DINP, DIDP, and DNOP
- The mat won’t curl or move.
3. Ryan Overseas Striped Cotton Handwoven Exercise Mat
This is a premier company that manufactures and import high quality yoga products. It comes with trendy styles that triggers you to do more yoga. Its pleasant colors suit all kinds of floors.
This yoga mat has easy handling and maintenance. Its design resembles the old tradition mat looks. It comes in a standard size. This yoga mat is reasonable. It is a multi-purpose yoga mat that can be used for gym exercise as well.
- It comes in the multicolor-pattern.
- It is a 100% handwoven cotton mat.
- It comes in size of 62cm x184cm.
- It is a chemical-free yoga mat.
What We Like
- This cotton yoga mat is useful for outdoor and decoration purpose.
- It is the lowest-price yoga mat.
4. Bold Fit Pro-Grip Yoga Mat
This kind of yoga mat comes with an anti-skid property to offer better stability during yoga-practice. It provides complete support in your fitness routine. It comes with a luxury design.
Its anti-slip and waterproof design assists in performing different yoga without any fear of falling or injury. It quickly gets cleaned with a wet towel dumped in a gentle-soap solution. It comes with a yoga mat bag for easy handling.
- It has a specification of 183 cm x61 cm.
- It can be carried effortlessly with the provided carry-bag.
- Its designing increases the traction property that prevents you from injury.
- It 6 mm thickness allows us to do all the yoga-postures very freely.
- It has moisture resistant quality.
- It is made up of TPE material.
What We Like
- It can be used for aerobic and outing activities.
- Its durability is higher than other plastic mats.
- It is a nature-care yoga mat.
- It is beneficial for every yoga lover.
5. VELLORA Anti Skid Yogamat
It is the anti-skid yoga mat for gym workout and flooring exercises. It comes with the double-sided non-slip surfaces that provide maximum comfort and allowing you to grip the floor for balance. With the anti-tearing net, you can use this mat for the most yoga poses and exercise activities. It is the premium quality product that is safe for body, mind and spirit.
It comes with the moisture-resistant technology; it is easily washable with the soap and water. On the other hand, it allows you to perform any movement with confidence. It has a subtly textured surface that prevents hands and feet slipping out from the position. It prevents injuries with the slip-resistant advantage.
- It is available in different sizes so that you can pick as per your preference.
- The foam guards the knees & joints and handles impacts.
- It is the premium all-purpose exercise activity mat.
- It maintains your balance with exceptional resilience.
- It is 72 inches long and 24 inches wide.
- It is ideal to use on hardwood flooring.
- It is comfortably thick for a better workout.
- It is well-built to give you the most satisfactory yoga experience.
- It comes with high-quality material that will prevent sweat and dirt absorbing into the mat.
- It is a recyclable-TPE mat that is biodegradable.
What We Like
- It is environment-friendly.
- It is easy-to-wash.
- It has non-slip traction.
- It is compact and travel friendly.
- It is 100% non-toxic and safe for people.
- It is free from PVC, phthalates, silicone and latex.
6. Strauss Floral Yoga Mat
You can do your yoga-activity (squats, roll up) at home by using this yoga mat. This a lightweight yoga mat. It comes with a shock absorption feature. It has a good quality of compression resistance strength.
Strauss Yoga Mat comes with a carry bag for easy-storage. This yoga mat is spacious and longer than the other yoga mats. It is available in green colour and a textured pattern for better gripping. This Strauss Yoga Mat has a dimension of 173 cm x 61 cm that is the free-large size.
- This yoga mat 6mm is available in 3-colours.
- It is easily rollable.
- It is crafted using different layers – textured top layer for gripping and memory foam layer to secure.
- It is an anti-skid mat.
- It is the best yoga mat that contains foam in its core part.
- It is free from phthalates.
- It comes with a nylon bag of 28inch length and 6.5inch width.
- Its 6 mm thickness provides safety against your knee, elbows, spines during practising yoga.
What We Like
- It takes less space.
- It comes with anti-scratch formula.
- It aids in proper body-alignment.
- Its durability is longer than a normal mat.
- It has rebound resilience goodness.
7. AmazonBasics Yoga and Exercise Mat
This extra-thick yoga mat takes your workout to the next level. With this the gymnastics mat, you can do yoga, meditation, pilates, other workout routines. It creates the beneficial-layer of comfy cushioning and support between you and floor. In terms of portability, it is easy-to-transport from one place to another.
It comes with the elastic carrying strap that gives gym-style-bag carrying. Other than that, it comes with high-quality material that makes it more durable and reliable. It is well-made with the light-weight foam that makes it easy to carry and handle. Thus, it is the perfect mat for the home and studio use.
- It comes with the durable foam that makes it long-lasting.
- It has a light design that makes it easy to carry.
- It is a 1/2-inch extra thick mat that offers the enhanced level of thickness.
- It is available in bright colours (blue, green, pink, purple, red and steel) stylish designs
- The dimensions of the mat are 74 x 24 x 0.5 inches.
- It has a textured surface that enhances traction.
- It provides stability to maintain poses.
- It is well-designed to withstand everyday use.
- It is ideal for both beginners and experienced yogis.
- It helps to ensure that you get most of the workout.
- It supports your body through all types of routines.
What We Like
- It creates the personal workout space.
- The strap provides comfortable handling and safe storage.
- The brand offers customer care service to its customers for the product and warranty related queries. The contact-number is 1800-419-0416.
8. Dr Trust PVC Yoga Mat
Now enjoy luxurious comfort, excellent cushioning, and rebound resilience with this yoga mat. It takes your workout routine to the next level. It is the perfect solution for performing hot yoga poses, meditation, pilates, adventure travelling, outdoor activities, and other workout routines. Besides, it is well-made by keeping you and the environment safe. It comes with the non-skid coating, embossed dots and bubbles that make it slip-resistant. When you tend to sweat highly during yoga poses, it provides you with the utmost stability and balance.
Transport it in style and feel good when using and carrying this mat. With the 1.3 kg weight and stylish carry-bag, it is easy-to-carry anywhere wherever you travel. You can also carry this as a roll-up under the arm. Other than that, it comes with the Cellular Form technology to gives the high performance. It is soft and comfortable to use and prevents injuries. It also ensures extra sufficiency for doing the aerobics, gymnastics and other fitness exercises. So, bring this mat to your home to enjoy maximum comfort.
- Its textured side is for the hot yoga, and the smooth side is for the gentle exercise.
- It has the extended-large size with the dimensions of 183cm (length) x 61cm (breadth).
- It provides balanced cushioning with the 1.4 inches and 0.6 cm thickness.
- It is the perfect fit for all body sizes.
- It helps you to do various kinds of yoga postures comfortably.
- It is helpful during pregnancy and other health conditions.
- It is durable enough to withstand vigorous workouts or exercises.
- It gives optimal cushioning for your spin and joints.
- It is double-sided that lengthens your mats life span.
- It comes with the PVC material that is durable, long-lasting and recyclable.
- It does not crumble and flakes around the corners as it comes with the anti-tearing fibre.
- It is fully reversible to makes your yoga practice more convenient and enjoyable.
What We Like
- It provides a better grip and stays grippy even in wet conditions.
- It is tear-resistant and premium quality product.
- It is scratch proof in all conditions, even after the daily use for years.
- It is a compression resistance.
- It is eco-friendly.
- It is non-allergic, non-toxic and odourless.
- It has a waterproof property that makes it easy to clean and wash with the wet cloth.
- It is lightweight that makes it travel-friendly.
9. Clear Choice Yoga Mat
This yoga mat comes with the double layering. It provides an appropriate balance to enhance your health. It is the replacement of traditional yoga mats. It protects you from the injury during difficult yoga-postures.
It is an affordable yoga mat. It is a lightweight yoga mat. It is made up of 100 % TPE-material. It comes in a rounded rectangular pattern. This yoga mat comes with a thickness of 6 mm. This yoga mat has a non-slip texture on both-sides. You can wash it with ease.
Clean it with water and moderate detergent. Do not wash the mat in the washing machine.
- It is more durable as compared to a single-layered yoga mat.
- Its non-slippy texture does not allow any movement in the mat during asanas.
- It is 183cm long, and 61cm full-size is suitable for every shape and size person.
- These mats are made up of SGS certified TPE-materials that are safe for use.
What We Like
- Its high density shields your knees, spine, elbows, hips from the hard-platform.
- It is portable as it comes with a carrying belt.
- It is free from any toxic chemicals.
- It is eco friendly and can be recycled.
10. Vellora Extra Large Yoga Mat
Vellora is one of the popular brands that offer sports equipment. This yoga mat offers great comfort for doing physical exercises. It is made up of biodegradable materials. It has a sturdy and extra thick covering for practising yoga. It is a lightweight mat that comes with easy portability.
It supports you to manage your physical health without any injury. It has an anti tear property. The size of yoga mat is 6 millimetres. It is ideal to use on the hard ground. It is a reliable and foam made yoga mat that has a high life span. Its cleaning process is also simple.
- Clean it with a soft cloth.
- Do not wash it in a washing machine or dryer.
- Use gentle soap & water for handwash.
- Always clean it before use.
- Keep the mat dry for proper use.
- Avoid direct exposure to the sun.
- It gives full support to knees and joints with its thickness.
- It has an anti slip property.
- It is available in 8 shades.
- It comes with an absorbent sweat formula.
- It is an ecofriendly product.
- It is reversible, and both sides are nonslippery.
- The thickness of the mat is 4 mm.
- It is suitable for the hard-floor with 72” long x 24” width specification.
What We Like
- It is clinically certified
- It is rollable and the high-grade quality mat.
- It is free from PVC.
- Its bag cover is purple that looks attractive.
Best Yoga Mats Brands
- Ase Yoga India
- Bold Fit
- Clear Choice
- Dr Trust
- Ryan Overseas
Types of Yoga Mats
Natural rubber yoga mats are among the first-choice of nature-oriented yogis. They are earth-friendly. It is made up of natural rubber that boosts non-toxic qualities. This rubber yoga mat is made up of biodegrade and recyclable materials. These mats are durable and convenient. These rubber mats are good at soaking water and sweat, therefore they provide you a good grip.
Plastic Elastomer (TPE)
Elastomer (TPE) yoga mats are made up of developed fabrication. These mats are eco-friendly as they do not contain latex, PVC or PER (Polymer Environmental Resin) and any other noxious constitute. PVC yoga mats are cheaper than a regular yoga mat. They come with the virtue of traction and anti-slipping property.
PVC pollutes the environment and it is difficult to recycle. Do not use this PVC yoga mats if you’re prone to asthma or other breathing issues.
The softness of cotton makes these mats convenient to use. It instantly absorbs the sweat. They can be washed efficiently after every use. But cotton fabrics break faster as they don’t have wear and tear property. These cotton yoga mats are not sturdy like the usual plastic-mats. It is not an expensive mat.
These yoga mats are the essential mats that are used. These mats have a strong holding capacity. You can practice your yoga or exercise without sliding. These are Perfect for Beginners.
Lightweight Travels mat
These travels mats are designed by keeping travellers well-being in mind. The individuals with a busy lifestyle like it most. It is convenient for them to practise yoga anywhere. They effortlessly get a fold and roll up. It is generally thinner and denser as related to other mats.
This yoga mat helps in making the earth green. It is made up of eco friendly Jute material. Jute is a type of plant, and it is produced in a larger amount. This material is more reasonable also. But this mat loses its colour if exposed to sunlight.
How to Choose The Best Yoga Mat?
There are a lot of options and new mats available in the market that makes you confused. In this section, we have mentioned a list of points that you can review. We hope these factors will help you to find out the correct one at the store or online websites.
Length and width
Yoga Mats comes in a different size. It depends upon your body formation. The standard height and breadth of the yoga mats are 6*2 feet or 68 x 24 inches. So buy the appropriate mat as per your body-size.
This is varies from brand to brand. It depends upon your requirement. It also relies on the quality of the carpet. If you are ready to invest more, then go with the top-notch models.
Traction is the quality of the product that provides a non-slippy and proper gripping. It is an important point that should be followed while buying the mat. It will prevent sliding-conditions. It depends on the type of yoga-asanas you intend to carry out. It the asanas needed lots of turning and twisting then buy yoga mat that has good traction.
Your yoga mat should be sustainable. Don’t buy a yoga mat that will begin threading and leaving crumbs after use. Check the label attached to the product. Also, check the comfort level offered by the yoga mat.
Yoga Mats should be easy to carry. It is an essential-point for travellers who don’t want to cut their exercise-routine.
What are the Alternatives to Yoga Mats?
Yoga Towels can be used as an option for yoga mats. It is different from the regular bathing towels. These are readily available in the market. It can absorb sweat. It is not soft as a yoga mat but provides the resistance against slipping.
You can choose the woven-rug instead of a yoga mat. Use a big quilt that has enough cushioning. Do not use the slippery fabric. It may injure you during yoga-practice.
Socks and Gloves
Many companies manufacture socks and gloves with gripping quality. They can be used with a yoga mat as well as alone. It allows us to do yoga anywhere and at any time with ease.
Carpet is the most suitable alternatives if practising yoga at home. You can go with a low pile carpet if you do most of the standing-asanas. A long pile-carpet is better for your sitting position yoga-poses. For avoiding the carpet-sliding-problem, you can use a shower mat underneath the rug.
It can be used to perform yoga poses. It provides stability to the body for standing-position-asanas. But it is painful while performing the kneeling-poses.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why Should You Use the Best Yoga Mat?
Yoga Mats provides more comfort to do asanas. It ensures safety for your body as it acts as a barrier between your body and the floor.
2. Which Kind of Yoga Mat is Suitable for Beginners?
The individuals who want to try the yoga mat must get knowledge about product quality. It is not necessary to buy the most expensive-carpet. You can go with any sticky-mats that offer good holds and are non-slippery.
3. What is the Benefit of an Environment-Friendly Exercise Mat?
The eco-friendly mats are made up of jute, cotton, natural rubber, and cork. It does not contain any toxin. They are degradable. It is also available on the most reasonable price range yoga mat.
4. Is it Possible to Do Yoga Without a Mat?
The brief answer is yes. In the past year, when yoga mat was not discovered, still people use to do yoga. Yoga Mat was introduced for the comfort of individuals.