1. Indigenous Raw Organic Honey
Organic Honey is one of the world’s most natural and powerful superfoods that can help you and your health in numerous ways. It is beneficial in skincare, haircare, weight loss treatments, and other health conditions.
It is an excellent natural alternative to refined sugar. It has 17 grams of sugar that include sugars like fructose, sucrose, maltose in one tablespoon of honey.
Organic Raw honey is known for its medical and nourishing qualities. Selecting one of the reliable Organic Honey Brands is challenging as there are some sugar-filled and adulterated products available as well. Make sure the honey you buy includes certain high-quality standards.
We have prepared a list of Best Organic Honey in India based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our Organic Honey buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Which are the Top 10 Best Organic Honey in India 2021?
1. Indigenous Raw Honey
Indigenous is a well-known brand. The Honey is 100% pure & natural. This raw honey is unprocessed, and no external additives are present in it. It is one of the best pure honey.
You can apply the pest of the honey on the face as it promotes the softness and brightness of the skin. This honey protects your skin from harmful UV rays and refreshes the skin. Indigenous is one of the Best Honey Brands.
For oily skin, a mixture of honey and milk can be used on the face.
- It is raw, unprocessed and unpasteurized honey.
- It is filtered through the cotton filter.
- It is FSSAI and APEDA certified.
- It is rich in minerals, enzyme, vitamins and pollens.
- On regular use, it enhances the quality of voice.
What We Like
- This raw honey can be used both internally and externally.
- It is an organic raw honey brand.
- It is one of the best honey with numerous health benefits.
- It is free from harmful preservatives or chemicals.
2. Leaf & nectar Raw Honey
Now tickle your taste buds by adding honey in your food. It is 100% pure and natural honey that will make your taste authentic. Besides, it is highly nutritious with many medicinal properties. It provides various beneficial effects on health.
It is the blend of natural pollen, enzymes, vitamins, and natural minerals. It is the powerhouse of antioxidants that are effective for the removal of free radicals from the body. Besides, it has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. It helps in wound healing and fighting off infections. It is an immunity enhancer that helps to improve the digestive system and boost immunity. Thus, it is delicious and healthy, which makes it a great alternative to sugar.
- The weight of the product is 530 g.
- It comes with ginger that can help to suppress cough in children.
- It is a high-quality product.
- It is a raw, unfiltered, unprocessed, and unpasteurized honey.
- It is free from the use of chemical treatments or antibiotics.
- It is the ayurvedic remedy for weight loss.
- It can reduce several risk factors for heart disease.
- The latest methods and techniques are used to obtain this honey.
- It can help in lower blood pressure.
What We Like
- It is organic.
- It is suitable for vegetarians.
- The brand ensures that no value is taken out or no anything ever added.
3. Hi Honey Raw Wild Honey
Hi Honey manufactures a different variety of honey such as natural honey, pure organic honey, blend honey etc. It is the premium brand of honey. The extraction of honey is carried out under strictest hygiene standards. This makes it one of the healthiest brand of honey.
Its nice aroma and taste make it the best honey. Hi Honey can be used for many purposes such as for weight loss and skin & hair care. It is also beneficial for cold, cough, respiratory tract allergies etc.
- It is a raw and pure organic honey.
- It comes in glass-jar.
- It has various health benefits.
- It is one of the versatile honey as compared to other honey brands.
- It is a perfect ayurvedic medication for weight loss, cough and digestive-problems.
- It contains a substance found in the plant that serves to prevent cardiovascular diseases.
4. The Forest Bee Small Bee Raw Honey
This honey is India’s first unique and most natural honey. It is collected directly from the hives that make it 100% natural.
The speciality of this bee honey is that it is found only during the winters amidst the dense forest and produces only one kg of honey. The average honey production by little stingless honey bee colony is about 350 grams to 1kg of honey in a year. It is packed in plastic Amber bottle that retains its nutritional value.
- This Raw honey produced by small bees.
- This is the best honey with medicinal properties as it collects pollen from tiny wild-growing plants.
- These bees are feed on coco palm, guava, banana, mango, tulsi and Communist pacha.
- It has vitamins, phytonutrients and enzyme.
- Its smooth consistency and delicious taste.
- It is available in different variants.
What We Like
- It is free from any sugar and flavours.
- It is a premium quality honey.
- It is unadulterated non-pasteurised honey.
5. Merlion Naturals Multiflora Raw Honey
It offers all-natural personal care and dietary supplements products. It is considered an amazing and healthy superfood with many uses. Merlion is one of the popular honey brands.
This Pure Organic honey is obtained by the natural-process that doesn’t involve chemicals or adulterants. It promotes immunity, facilitates digestion and to get the effective antioxidants in the body
- It is prebiotic honey that is good for gut health.
- It provides vitamins, proteins and phytonutrients.
- It includes essential minerals naturally such as calcium, iron, magnesium and zinc.
- This raw honey contains all 22 amino acids.
- It is one of the best honey that promotes digestive health.
- It is a quick and vital source of power.
- It contains powerful antioxidants and gives many health benefits.
What We Like
- It is Halal and organic certified.
- It helps stabilise blood sugar levels and BP.
6. Apis Himalaya Pure Raw Honey
Apis presents you pure raw honey sourced from the beautiful valleys of Himalayas. Apis has an in-house lab and world-class processing plant that prepares honey, maintaining its nutritive aspects.
Apis is one of the Best Honey Brands offered in the Indian market. This Honey from Apis is processed with modern technology and without using chemicals. Apis used food safety standards and food adulterants throughout the extraction method. This unique and natural honey can be used to add flavor to your food.
- As per 22000 ISO Certification & FDI, deliver stringent quality.
- There are no preservatives and chemicals used in the its extraction.
- This Himalaya honey comes in glass-jar.
- You can consume it with warm water for weight reduction.
- It gives more energy for the body to maintain its metabolic function.
- This Apis Himalaya honey is rich in essential and minerals including vitamin A, C, calcium and iron.
- You can use it for cooking and baking.
What We Like
- It is easily spread on rotis.
- It aids in reducing weight and promotes immunity.
- It is wonderful honey for fruits, and salad dressing.
7. Patanjali Honey
It is the sweet aliment that is derived from the nectar of flowers produced by the honey bees. It is rich in fructose, vitamins, minerals, and nutritional element. It is the most affordable product from the house of Patanjali. Besides, it is a high-grade quality product as compared to other branded honey.
It is the natural sweetener that helps you to remain healthy forever. You can use this honey with the roti, milk, and other edible items for the sweetness. It can also be taken with ayurvedic medicines. Other than that, it is the multifunctional food that provides various health benefits to the body. Therefore, it is safe and effective as compared to other sweeteners available in the market.
- It has a quantity of 1 kg.
- It is useful in treating cold, cough, and fever.
- It has an antiseptic quality that helps in the fast recovery of injuries.
- It purifies the blood and improves blood circulation.
- It helps in reducing the weight of the body.
- It can be used as a vermifuge when mixed with water and vinegar.
What We Like
- It is 100% natural.
- It does not have side effects.
- It is a vegetarian product.
8. IndiTribes Raw Forest Honey
It is collected from deep forest area by the local tribesmen who take a small-portion of honey and leave a major portion of the honey for bees.
IndiTribes have an FSSAI license to package and market this honey. This raw honey has the virtue of different types of flowers and hence is more nutritious.
- It serves as a natural sweetener and a good healthy substitute for sugar.
- It acts as a natural immunity booster and energy booster.
- It is collected from the forests around Mount Abu, Rajasthan.
- It has a pleasant aroma and mesmerizing taste.
- It is high in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and bee pollens.
What We Like
- It is free of pesticide and fertilizer.
- It is 100% pure forest sourced honey.
- It is unpasteurised.
- There is no added artificial flavors, sugar or color.
9. Dabur 100% Pure Honey Squeezy Pack
Dabur is the largest Ayurvedic medicine and natural consumer products manufacturer. They promises to uphold the purity and health and delivers to you 100 per cent raw honey.
This 100% pure honey puts through various levels of testing before sealed into sterilized bottles. With this nutritional honey, replace your empty-calorie sugar in tea or with bread and cereal. It allows you to live healthier every day.
- It is the beneficial substitute of refined sugar with wholesome natural goodness.
- The source of Dabur Honey is Sunderbans forest.
- It comes in a squeezy bottle that is easy to use.
- It strengthens immunity.
- It is free of chemicals and additives.
- It is rich in vitamins, antioxidants and minerals.
What We Like
- It is the best honey brand for a healthy diet.
- It is pure and natural honey.
- It assists you to manage your weight loss regime.
10. Organica Forest Honey
They offers a wide range of organic products to make it easy for you to make healthy lifestyle choices. They manufacture various variants of honey such as ginger-infused, tulsi infused, and cinnamon-infused honey.
This honey is extracted from the Himalayas. The Wild honey bees collect it from Himalayan flowers to create this rare honey.
- It is a healthy substitute for sugar.
- It has a woody aroma and smooth-texture.
- Its flavor is complex, lingering and rich.
- It meets all the necessary standards of the Organic certification, including FSSAI, USDA, INDIEN Organic and USOCA.
What We Like
- It is un-processed honey.
- It is free from synthetic colour.
- It features antibacterial and anti-fungal attributes.
Most Popular Organic Honey Brands in India
- Hi Honey
- Leaf & Nectar
- Merlion Naturals
- The Forest Bee
How To Check The Purity Of Honey?
The purity of the honey is what you should consider before purchasing. There are some simple tests and experiments you can perform at home to verify the purity.
Check The Lable
Before carrying out any experiment, one basic and simple method to check the purity is to read the label on the jar of honey, before its purchase. The additives and additional constituents that have been added to the produced honey are mentioned on the product.
By examining the description, you can easily recognise that is it artificial, organic or contain extra sweet-flavours. If you are buying honey from a beekeeper, then the honey is of raw and unprocessed quality.
The Thumb Test
As pure honey is thick while impure honey will be runny. Pure honey does not drip away and sticks to the surface if it is applied.
Take a drop of the honey on your thumb. Check to see if it spreads around or spills. If it does, that means the honey may not be pure.
- Take a teaspoon of honey in water.
- Fake honey will dissolve in the water
- Pure honey has a more dense quality and will settle at the bottom of the container as lumps.
Did you know that pure honey is flammable?
Take a dry matchstick and dip its tip into the honey.
Strike the matchstick against the matchbox. If it lights, the honey is pure.
If the honey is fake, it does not light and may contain some amount of moisture added while contamination. Therefore go for one of the trusted honey brands.
Put some water and two-three drops of vinegar essence into raw honey and mix-well. If the solution foams up, there is a high chance that the honey is adulterated.
Factors To Consider While Buying Organic Honey
Organic certified honey meets a stringent set of standards and conditions throughout the production of honey. It includes the source of nectar, honey bees foraging area, honey extracting process, processing temperature, and packaging materials. Always buy a product from one of the reputed honey brands.
Free of Antibiotics, Pesticides and Environmental Pollutants.
Bees are usually fed with antibiotics to protect them against common diseases. These antibiotics might be transferred to the honey too.
It has to be tested and certified to guarantee that it doesn’t contain residues of environment pollutants.
Colour and Flavour
The floral source of the nectar defines the color and the flavor of honey. Lighter honey has a milder flavor, and darker honey has a more robust taste. However, storage time and exposure to heat may affect the honey’s quality and color.
Have you ever noticed that over the time or years honey gets crystallized or converted to crystals?
It is a natural-process of glucose and other sugars like maltose and sucrose. To keep honey from getting crystallised, store it at room-temperature. Never refrigerate the honey, keeping it on low temperatures can result in crystallization.
If honey gets crystallized, place the jar in hot water with the cap tightly shut. This method brings back the actual make it clear like it was before.
Benefits Of Consuming Organic Honey
Consuming honey every day is associated with many health benefits. Topical applications of honey improve your beauty and appearance. Here are some benefits of eating honey regularly:
Honey has many anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties that enhance your immune system. Regular intake of honey before morning breakfast or even during the exercise can help you get the extra strength. You can mix it in health drinks, or in tea/coffee.
Improves Skin Texture
Oral consumption of honey gives your skin a healthy glow. You can use honey in homemade face packs to treat skin problems like acne and dryness.
Makes Hair Smooth And Dandruff Free
For a hair, a pack of honey and yoghurt would work wonders to give you a manageable, silky hair. For dandruff-free hair, stir 4 tbsp of honey with 3 tbsp of lemon juice and apply this on the hair. Keep it for 2 hours then shampoo.
Helps in Allergies and Infections
Honey is the natural medicine for all the allergies and infections such as sinus, allergic reactions, throat-infections, cold and cough. It aids soothe your throat and reduces sinus infection.
Helps Get Good Sleep
Drink a glass of warm milk with two tablespoons of honey in it. It’ll help you get good night sleep. Honey raises the melatonin in your body.
Honey boosts the digestive system, it enhances the metabolic process and supports in flushing out the toxins from the body. Put honey in warm water and lemon, have it every morning for great results.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Honey Gets Expired?
Natural and adequately preserved honey will not expire. It is recognised as the only food that doesn’t spoil. If honey goes through some natural changes like crystallization over time, it doesn’t mean it is expired or gone bad.
2. What Is The Difference Between Raw Honey And Processed Honey?
Processed honey contains High Fructose Corn Syrup that leads to plaque buildup and narrowing of blood-vessels. Raw Honey retains the all vitamins, nutrients and enzymes whereas processed honey loss majority of nutrients and vitamins during processing.
3. Is It Safe To Give Honey To Infants?
No, it is unsafe to give honey to kids who are less than one year old. Since they don’t have the necessary ability to digest honey. However, you can feed honey to children who are more than one year.
4. Can Be Honey Used For External Wounds?
Honey has antiseptic and antimicrobial properties that will help treat any external wounds.