In A Hurry? Our Top 3 Picks To Buy
Beauty is the eye-catching and sparkling crown that illuminates our soul. It brings love and happiness, amplifies our confidence level.
Whenever we go out, we love to have a salon finish on our hair. When it comes to hair care and styling tools, Hair Dryer is what you need. Whether you want to remove frizz, set your curls, highlight your layers or blow dry your hair; you can make your favourite hairstyle provided that you know how to make the use of it.
Also, a Hair Dryer is considered a fancy tool that only women can use. However, it is the perfect tool to style men’s hair to perfection.
We have prepared a list of Best Hair Dryer in India based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our Hair Dryers buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Which are the Top 10 Best Hair Dryers in India 2019?
1. Havells HD3201 Ionic Hair Dryer
This Hair Dryer gives soft and glossy hair each time. It is a speedier and powerful blow-dry that is perfect for everyday use. It neutralises the dust and reduces frizz on hair. It flattens the cuticle and makes the hair shiny and smooth. You can easily style your hair in any way.
It is a faster and easier way to style the hair with a smooth finish. With Heat Balance Technology, it ensures even distribution of heating to inhibit the hair damage. The fixed nozzle on the top of the dryer comes with a concentrator that is made to direct the airflow for best results.
- Its power consumption is 1500 Watts.
- It is available in purple colour with an ergonomic design.
- It has a long power cord with a wide radius that moves around during the process. It gives maximum flexibility.
- It comes with three-temperature settings that are hot, and cool.
- It has a foldable and comfortable handle that makes it easy to use.
- It gives a cool-airflow with low temperature settings to set the style at the end of the drying session.
- It has a hanging loop for secure storage and convenient use.
- It has an Ion Conditioning feature for fast hair-drying while maintaining the conditioning and moisture level on the hairs.
What we like
- It is handy and light in weight.
- It is user-friendly and safe for daily use.
- It gives long-lasting results.
- It is great for hair styling needs.
- It has a compact design that takes less space.
- It offers heat balance technology.
- It gives tender hair drying & styling.
- It comes with a warranty of two years.
2. Philips HP8120/00 Essential Care Hair Dryer
It is a pink and white coloured Blow Hair Dryer. Beautiful and compact are the two words that come to the mind when you look at its design. It is a powerful Hair Dryer that is quick and gentle on hair. With flexible care settings, it offers extra care temperature setting and meets all different hair drying and styling needs. It is one of the ideal hair dryers available in India.
With its oval-shaped concentrator, you can focus the air flow at the desired spot. It comes with a thermal protect temperature setting. It provides an even heat-distribution and shields fine hair from burning and overheating. There is a cool shot button that keeps your hair style set for a longer time.
- It has a cold air setting that is suitable for low-temperature. It also seal the cuticles.
- Its compact and foldable design makes it easy for you to store.
- It has 1 to 3 pre-selected speed and heat settings.
- It distributes hot air to dry hair gently.
- Its Thermo Protect temperature provides gentle drying to the hair. It protects them from overheating.
- The wattage of the hair-dryer is of 1200 Watts. It is good enough for powerful airflow.
What we like
- This powerful hair dryer will make your hair silky, shine and smooth.
- It is perfect for dry and damaged haircuts.
- The cool shot button offers faster drying and hair styling the way you want.
- Its compact design makes it easy to travel.
3. Wahl 5439-024 Super Dry Professional Styling Hair Dryer
Wahl is known for its professional quality trimmers, dryers, and grooming tools in India. It is one of the best hair-dryer for women that comes under this brand. It has a lithium-ion technology that quickly dries hair without losing the shine. With the latest tourmaline tech, it gives the salon-like finish.
This Hair Dryer comes with a good number of qualities. It is made of high-grade material that makes it reliable. With ionic technology and cold shot, this hair dryer gives lasting luster shine to hair. It produces the maximum level of air, gentle drying the hair and gives beautiful shiny results.
- It has three variable heat and 2 speed settings for optimum use of professional AC collector motor.
- It has a wattage of 2000W that is sufficient for most hair types such as short hair, frizzy hair, thicky or long hair.
- The styling hair dryer has a cold shot button to prevent the damage that can be incurred from heat.
- The diffuser and concentrator are included with the dryer.
- This Professional hair dryer has a high-performance motor of 2000 watts.
What we like
- It is more portable and convenient to use.
- It has a comfortable power cord-length.
- It comes with a hanging loop for storage.
- It aids in precise styling your hair.
- It provides the optimum flow of air for a better and good drying experience.
4. Syska HD1610 Hair Dryer
Syska Hair Dryers are popular in India. Syska is a native company that has served the Indian Market for almost four years. Syska has been introducing personal care appliances since 2012. Today, it has become one of the top-selling hair dryers in the country.
This Syska Hair Dryer comes with cool shot and hot air functions for instant dry making your hair shinier and healthier. It is the Best Hair Dryer in India for Women who want to update their hairstyles on regular days. Its advanced nozzle reduces moisture from hair and provides over-heating protection. It emits strong and weak airflows for rapid drying.
- It comes with Heat Balancing technology. It is incredible for quick dry and delivers instant results.
- The warranty is of 2 years on the product.
- It is best for everyday use. Its power consumption is 1200 Watts.
- It has an advanced concentrator nozzle.
- It has a big wind inlet that reduces air-swirl for noiseless gentle drying.
- It has a cold shot feature with two heat settings options.
- It comes with a folding handle that makes it easier to carry.
What we like
- Its cool air shot feature is useful.
- Its advanced concentrator technology ensures uniform heat distribution.
5. Philips HP8643/46 Styling Kit
Philips is considered as one of the best brands in India. Its main aim is to deliver high-quality products to its customers. It is a low noise device that is gentle on ears by producing less noise during hair drying. This Blow Dryer is worthy for both long and short hairs.
This 1000W hair dryer will change your personality. It provides free hair straightener with Dryer so you can take double advantage. With moderate-drying power of 1000W, the hair dryer provides good results every day by making the hair sleek and smooth. So, bring this kit to your home today.
- Its operating voltage is 220 to 240 Volts.
- This 1000W hair dryer quickly heats up within 60 seconds.
- The warranty is of 2 years on the product.
- Its straightener comes with a ceramic coating for soft gliding and better protection.
- Its professional styling temperature is of 210-degree Celsius. It will quickly straighten up your hairs.
- It consumes 1000 Watts of power. Even, it has a narrow concentrator that circulates constant airflow to dry your wet hairs.
- Its straightening machine comes with a tangle-free swivel cord. It helps you in rotating the straightener at any corner of the hair.
- It comes with a storage hook.
- It is compact so that you can store both of them anywhere.
6. Panasonic EH-ND11A Hair Dryer
Panasonic has won hearts with its wide range of quality products in India. It is one of the most famous Hair Dryers in India under this brand. It is a 1000w hair dryer that works smoothly without losing the shine of the hair. With a compact design, it is easy to handle and store anywhere.
It comes with a Turbo Dry Setting Feature that releases air in full force. It takes just a while for your hair to dry out completely. It offers frizz-free gentle drying and a glossy finish. It helps you set your hair correctly. This hair dryer is perfectly suitable for thin, long & thick hair. Therefore, it is a must-have for beautifully styled hair.
- It energy-consumption is 1000 Watts. It is good enough for fast drying and natural hairstyles.
- It has two levels of speed settings selection. If you use the dryer daily, you can lower the speed settings to reduce the damage.
- The warranty is of 2 years against manufacturing defects.
- It is compact and easy to store.
- It has a turbo function that generates a powerful flow of air. It helps to set unbound hair.
What we like
- It will make your hair soft and gives a glossy finish to them.
- This 1000W hair dryer is great for curly hair, and it works like a hair straightener.
7. Vega Pro Touch VHDP-02 Hair Dryer
This Hot and Cold Hair Dryer is perfect for all types of hair such as long, frizzy or curly hair. It maintains a constant temperature which dries hair quickly and prevents overdrying. It offers two heat & speed settings, cool shot and two concentrator nozzles for precision air control. It is considered as the well-known manufacturer in India.
Its hanging cord helps to hang the dryer and offers easy storage. It has a professional, powerful AC motor of 2000 watts that gives a faster flow to get frizz-free trendy hairstyles in no time. This hair dryer can be used in most of the countries as it is compatible with 110-240V.
- The hair dryer comes with two heat and two-speed settings.
- It has a detachable nozzle for gentle drying and styling.
- It has a cool shot button that dispenses cold air that sets your style.
- It has a hanging loop for secure storage.
What we like
- It protects your hair from excess heat.
8. Philips BHD006/00 Hair Dryer
This Hair Dryer is essential to get a hairstyle like a salon. It is portable and light-weight. It comes with a foldable handle. So you can easily fold it when not in use. It will give you beautiful results every day. It can work in both 220V AND 110V. It comes with a powerful DC motor that delivers quick results and enhances the longevity of the product.
This Philips hair dryer has an upto 20% sound improvement as compared HP4940 model. You can dry the hair quietly without compromising on performance. This hair dryer helps to make every look possible with fewer efforts. So, with this hair dryer provide everyday care to your hair by making them frizz-free and feather-like.
- Its power consumption is 1600 Watts.
- It gives an optimum level of airflow to dry your hairs.
- It comes with a cool shot function. You can use cool shot after hair styling for final touch up.
- It has a Thermo Protect feature. It will style your hair with consistent heat.
- It comes with a foldable handle and easy rubberised hook located on the base of the handle.
- This hair dryer has three adjustable speed settings. You can set as per your need.
- It comes with a warranty of 2 years.
- Its cord length is of 1.8 meters.
- It has nozzle/concentrator for smooth airflow.
What we like
- It works on low noise.
- It will keep your hair healthy.
- It is easy to pack since it has a foldable handle.
- It’s ABS high gloss, and matt colour looks attractive.
What we didn’t like
- It doesn’t have ion conditioning technology.
9. Chaoba Professional Hair Dryer
Chaoba is a not so common or a quite unfamiliar name in the house of personal care appliances in India. It comes with several good qualities. It is a highly rated that gives a long-lasting lustre to the hair. This super hair-dryer that enables better control over the shape and style of your hair.
This 2000 watt professional hair dryer is an excellent choice for salons. It is of the top most quality that makes it more durable for a long time. You can make classy hairstyles within a few seconds. This Blow Dryer is for frizzy, curly and messy hair. It won’t disappoint you and fulfils all your needs. It is the excellent hair dryer available in India at a reasonable cost.
- It has a sleek and ergonomic design. It comes with a comfy grip that ensures it won’t slip from your hands.
- It has a heat-balanced feature. It allows adjusting the temperature setting for quirky, puffy and bouncy hairstyles.
- It comes with an automatic overheat protection feature.
- It has a health breeze mode that is good for thin hair.
- Its input supply is of 110 to 240 Volts.
- It has two speed settings for heat and two cool air feature.
- Its motor-fan is powerful, and its handle is soft.
- It comes with an easy storage hook to handle the dryer with ease.
What we like
- Its higher wattage ensures that it will work faster.
- It is perfect for all hair types.
10. Syska HD1600 Trendsetter Hair Dryer
It is a Korean made Hair Dryer. It is a popular, well-furnished, highly innovative brand for drying wet-hairs in India. It will give uniform air dispersal to blow dry your hair effectively. It has two pre-selected speed and heat modes. It enables you to maintain the moisture level and control the airflow by adjusting the speed settings.
Flaunt your style with this hair dryer to enhance the glamour. This is a compact, lightweight hair dryer that makes it comfortable to carry wherever you want to. This beautiful dryer makes your hair smooth and frizz-free. Hence, it is exactly what you need to get for your everyday hair drying.
- It consumes 1000 watts power for long and thick hair. It can make your hair frizz-free and smooth within a few minutes.
- The warranty is of 2 years on the product.
- It is light-weight. So, you can carry it with you anywhere.
- It comes with overheat protection that saves your hair from high heat.
- The heat-balancing technology of hair dryer provides consistent heat to complete the drying process instantly.
- It contains a big wind-inlet to avoid air swirl for fast drying.
- It has an inbuilt concentrator that gives the right amount of flow to cover all sections.
What we like
- It gives the best shine to the hair.
- You can hang your dryer on the wall by its loop.
Top 10 Hair Dryers for Men and Women 2019
|Havells HD3201||2 Years||1500|
|Philips HP8120/00||2 Years||1200|
|Wahl 5439-024||1 Year||2000|
|Syska HD1610||2 Years||1200|
|Philips HP8643/46||2 Years||1000|
|Panasonic EH-ND11A||2 Years||1000|
|Vega Pro Touch VHDP-02||2 Years||2000|
|Philips BHD006/00||2 Years||1600|
|Syska HD1600||2 Years||1000|
Best Hair Dryer Brands in India
How to Choose the Best Hair Dryer for Salon Like Smooth Hair?
Before buying a Hair Dryer, it is essential to understand your hair type. There are different types of hair dryers in India using a separate heating element. You shouldn’t compromise with the quality of the hairdryer.
Like other electronics, hair dryers have been developed from the basic models to the ones that use the latest technology. These days, they are equipped with best techniques such as ionic technology, static atomization, etc. Some hair dryers comes with an infrared heating system that gives fast and efficient drying.
Ceramic Hair Dryer
The heating material is of ceramic clay or porcelain material. This hair dryer uses an infrared heat-element to eliminate the moisture from hair. It comes with adjustable settings for heat.
Ceramic Dryers are for smooth straightening. They aren’t suited for fine hair.
Ionic Hair Dryer
This hair dryer creates negative ions to neutralise the positively charged ions. Ionic Dryer makes the hair smoother and frizz-free. They also retain moisture in the hair. They are a bit expensive compared to the ceramic ones. Ionic Technology assists you to maintain your hairstyle for a longer time.
Tourmaline Hair Dryer
They are a bit similar to Ceramic coated dryers. They use infrared heat and distribute uniform heating to remove frizz from damp hair.
Titanium Hair Dryer
This hair dryer is lightweight and easy to carry. They are costlier compared to the ceramic dryers.
This type is the best hair dryer for salons. They give a soft texture and removes tangling from the hairstyles.
Metal heating coils produce uneven warm air. It may damage the hair at high-temperature.
Whereas, Ceramic or Titanium Hair Dryer provides gentle hot air to reduce the hair damage. You can use such type of hair dryers regularly.
You should check the air flow of the dryer. A good hair dryer comes with two to three heat settings. It will give both the lowest and highest airflow. It disperses hot air evenly to dry your hair faster.
Heat Settings and Overheat Protection
Exposure to excessive heat and high temperature may damage or burn your hair. Therefore, it is a must to check for the heat setting options. Many dryers come with three levels of heat settings, i.e., high, medium and low. Whereas others come with two heat setting options; high and low. Use low heat setting to prevent over drying.
Many popular brands come with this feature to prevent overheating. It prevents hair damage.
Size and Weight
It is another essential thing that you should look before buying the dryers in India. Styling the hair becomes a tedious process if the dryer is bulky. Prefer a compact, light-weight or hot and cold foldable hair dryer for your comfort. A foldable handle offers extra portability and secure storage.
You should buy a hair dryer from 1000 Watts to 2000 Watts. Higher the wattage, better will be the results on drying time. You should check those Hair Dryers that work on dual voltage. The dual voltage dryers are designed for worldwide use. Whereas the voltage in India is 220 Volts. If you’ve thick hair or curly hair select a good hair dryer with higher voltage.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does The Best Hair Dryer Generate Ions in the Hair?
The hair dryer generates negative ions to break water molecules. It helps to dry hair quickly and makes them smoother and shinier. It removes moisture from the curly hair.
2. Which Hair Dryers Do the Hair Dressers Use in Saloons?
A Hair Dresser uses a hairdryer from popular brands. Most of them use Chaoba, Philips Essential Care, Vega, and Syska. These hair dryers are of the highest quality.
3. What Is a Cool Shot Feature in Hair Dryers?
Cool Shot is the most crucial feature while using a hairdryer for styling. This cool shot function works at low heat-setting. It gives cool air once you are done with drying your hair. This blast of cold air seals the cuticles and, boosts shine. Hairstylists use cool shot after the haircut to give a final look to the hair.
4. Which Hair Brush Should We Use With Hair Dryer?
You can use a paddle brush for straight hair-styling. Boar bristles brush works well for thick hair. The round brush is for Fine type hair or thin hair.
5. Can We Use a Hair Dryer Every Day?
No, you shouldn’t use it every day. Too much heat can damage your hair. It will make hair roots weaker. Try to use it on a lower temperature to save your shiny hair. It will put an effect on your hair growth and healthy hair.
If you are struggling with the hair falling problem, avoid using it. Use a good Shampoo For Hair Fall control and do proper oiling.
6. Is It True That High Wattage of Hair Dryer Use More Electricity?
It depends upon the usage. If you use 1000 Watts of the hairdryer for 10 minutes, it will consume 0.166 Kilowatts.
7. Which Hair Dryer Is The Best for Frizzy Hair?
Tourmaline Dryer is fit for a kinky hairstyle. It is best for drying or styling your hair.
8. What Is Tourmaline Drying Technology?
Tourmaline Technology helps to create negative ions in hair. This tourmaline technology removes positive ions from damaged hair. This feature helps to reduce the moisture level.
9. Does a Blower Dryer Come With Diffuser Attachment?
Yes, it comes with a diffuser attachment. It blows dry the hair efficiently. It gives warm air to cover every partition of the hair.
10. Can We Get a Free Hair Dryer With a Hair Straightener?
Yes, Philips HP8100 comes with a combo pack. It will give you too many benefits to straighten your hair effectively.
11. What Does Hair Dryer Diffuser Do?
A diffuser is a dryer attachment that distributes consistent heat. It makes it easy to remove frizz from the curly hair.