Simple, aromatic and healthy veg pulao recipe.
Servings 4 people
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Total Time 80 minutes
Published Date Jun 12, 2019
- 1cup basmati rice
- 1cup heaped each chopped potatoes, cauliflower, beans, peas
- 1large onion finnely chopped
- 1 green chilli
- 1tablespoon ghee
- In a deep thick pot, heat ghee or oil and fry all the spices mentioned above, til the oil becomes fragrant.
- Add the onion saute them till golden, saute the onions in the low flame and stir often for uniform browning.
- Add the ginger - garlic paste and saute for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the tomato and saute for 2 to 3 minutes on a medium low flame.
- Add all the veggies and saute again for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add rice and saute gently for 2 minutes on a low flame and then pour water and stir.
- Cover tightly and let the rice cook on a low flame till the water is absorbed and the rice is well cooked.