Today, a water heater has become a necessity.
Since the days of using traditional methods such as wood, coal or gas stoves to get hot water, we have come a long way.
The thought of taking a shower in cold wintery mornings chases you right out of the bath. We expect water to be hot whenever we need it during those chilly months.
Moreover, some people are used to taking a warm shower in summers also. Taking a shower in warm water drives away the late evening tiredness and the early morning blues.
There can’t be a better option than the water heaters to meet the hot water needs in any season at any time. Water Heater and Room Heaters are the two life-saviours in the winter period.
We have prepared a list of the Best Geysers (Water Heaters) in India based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our Water Heaters buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 Water Heaters in India 2020
|V Guard Victo||Storage||15-Litre||2000|
|AO Smith HSE-SES-15||Storage||15-Litre||2000|
|Bajaj New Shakti GL||Storage||25-Litre||2000|
|Racold Pronto Neo||Instant||3-Litre||3000|
|Crompton Solarium DLX||Instant||3-Litre||3000|
Which are the Top 10 Best Geysers (Water Heaters) in India 2020?
1. Bajaj Calenta 15-Litre Storage Water Heater
It is the best water heater with great energy efficient rating. The water heater is dependable for its sturdy make. It comes with the glass coated inner tank that ensures the highest durability.
This storage water heater / geyser offers you the opportunity to relax your body. Once you switch on the water heater, it reserves hot water up to 15 litres that proves to be suitable for a family of 4 to 6 people. Bajaj generates home appliances with reliable material quality.
- It is made up of plastic. It prevents corrosion and rust and ensures the long life of the device.
- The PUF insulation traps the heat inside the tank. It keeps the water hot for a more extended period.
- The Warranty is of 2 years on the water heater, seven years on its tank and its electrical heating element have three years warranty.
- It comes with the rated water pressure of 8 bars that is ideal for high rise buildings.
- It has magnesium anode for extra safety from leakage and corrosion.
What we like
- It has a heavy-duty anode rod that prevents rust and corrosion.
- It is a BEE 5 star rated product that helps in saving electricity bills and conserves energy.
- It has an adjustable thermostat feature.
- It has an ergonomically styled plastic design.
2. V Guard Victo Plus Storage Water Heater
This is a trustworthy and innovative water heater from V-Guard that gives the comfort of hot water. With reliable technology and strong build, it easily indulges into the daily affair. It is perfect for modern households and is an energy-efficient water heater. It is the Best Geyser in India for cold seasons.
It is available in 4 storage capacity that is 6 L, 10 L, 15 L, and 25 L. It comes with four-layer safety functions that are Hi-tech thermostat and thermal cut-out mechanisms. It ensures temperature regulation and avoids overheating by cutting off the power. It supplies warm water at an optimum level. It also has a multi-functional valve for optimum pressure control to safeguard your heater.
- This product consumes 2000 Watts of power.
- The water heater comes with a temperature control knob located on the front panel
- This V-Guard water heater allows you to control water temperature as per your needs.
- The product warranty is of 2 years, three years on the electrical heating element and seven years on the inner tank.
- It has 5-star BEE energy rating.
- It comes with a four-layered safety system.
- Its storage capacity is of 15 Lires. It is suitable for small to large families.
What we like
- It is suitable for big buildings.
- It comes with a 5-star energy rating.
- It allows you to control the temperature settings.
- It ensures long-lasting performance.
- It provides free installation.
- Its includes expansion bolts, inlet and outlet pipes.
3. AO Smith HSE-SES-15 15-Litre Vertical Storage Water Heater
AO Smith considered as one of the Best Selling Geysers that makes your winters cosy and warm. Out of all, it is of the high-grade build quality that comes under this brand. It comes with a blue diamond glass lined tank for excellent corrosion shield. It increases the life span of the inner tank.
This is a vertical water heater model and offers the ultimate energy saving option. Its glass coated Incoloy heating element comes with world-class technology. It protects the heater from sediment and scales build-up to extend its life.
- It has an adjustable temperature knob. You can adjust its temperature as per your need. For example, for icy weather, you can set the heat temperature to the highest.
- It offers the ultimate convenience even on low water conditions.
- Its advanced digital display provides you with vital information.
- It provides wireless remote control to operate the temperature with the utmost ease.
- The Warranty is of 2 years on this product, the heating element has three years and its tank has seven years.
- Its temperature range lies between 25-75 degree centigrade.
- It is the best water heater that can provide heated water service with a pressure of 8 bars.
- Its power wattage is of 2000 Watts.
- Its package includes a digital clock, energy meter, power on/off and temperature setting.
- Its safety valve naturally relieves pressure and discharge water when pressure overshoots the preset limits.
- It ensures maximum safeguard against hard water to save your body from excessive heat.
What we like
- It supervises the tank against corrosive elements.
- Its aesthetic and modern design gives a trendy look to the bathroom.
- It offers full installation support.
- It comes with a blue diamond glass-lined tank.
4. Bajaj New Shakti GL 25-Litre Geyser
This Water Heater is best for those who are always concerned with the rising electricity bill in the winters.
This vertical water heater is perfect for two purposes. It will help you in removing stains from clothes. This water heater model comes with a magnesium rod in the tank for corrosion resistance. It keeps all the components and water tank safe from corrosion and harmful salts. The product is made after considering multiple safety arrangements for assurance.
- It is a 2000-watt vertical water heater.
- It can provide warm water in the high-rise building with 8 bars of pressure.
- The warranty is of 2 years on the geyser, five years on the inner tank.
- This 25-litre water heater come with a 4-star rating from the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE).
- It comes with a glass lined inner tank.
- Its water pressure delivering range is of 0.70 MPA.
- The high-quality Incoloy heating element ensures that the water heater works efficiently for a long time.
- It comes with high-density PUF insulation and energy saving property.
- Its powder-coated metal body has a unique temperature dial.
- Its Magnesium rod prevents the tank from corrosion.
What we like
- Its cable extension is fire retardant.
- It is simple and highly energy efficient water heater.
- It is for high-pressure pump installations.
- The glass-lined tank is resistant to corrosion and prevents scale formation.
- You can mount the geyser in a vertical position.
- These geysers come with multiple safety systems that protect against dry heating, overheating or excess pressure.
5. Crompton Amica ASWH-2015 15-Litre Geyser
Crompton is an Indian MNC that manufactures good quality home appliances and other electronics products. Its tank is coated with Nano-Polymer that provides good strength against corrosion. It also assures oxidisation resistant even on higher temperature and pressure that means it will keep the product from dust and impurities.
It gives instant water heating results.
- This product consumes 2000 Watts of power.
- There is a 2-year warranty period on the product and 7-year warranty on its tank.
- Its input supply is 220-240 Volts.
- Its tank can store 15 litres of water. It is perfect for big families.
- It can deliver hot water with 8 bar-pressure. It is ideal for huge rise building or a multi-storeyed building.
- It got five energy stars for its high energy efficiency.
- It has an adjustable knob for heat settings. You can adjust the temperature from 25 to 75-degree Celsius.
- It comes with an excellent option for saving energy.
- It provides specially made sacrificial Magnesium rod that is fully furnished with thick stainless steel cover.
- It is the best water heater that preserves the inner tank from rust.
- It includes a copper heating element that is unique and powerful. It gives a superior heating performance.
- It comes with single weld line. It lessens the chances of tank leakage.
- It contains a safety valve that naturally discharges or relieves pressure.
- It has rust and shockproof ABS plastic body.
- Its outer body has a powder-coated metallic sheet. It makes the product durable and long-lasting.
- Its storage tank is made of Nano Bond Polymer Technology.
What we like
- It has a rust-free product.
6. Bajaj Flora Instant Water Heater
It is the Best Water Heater / Geyser for your home. It’s heating element heats the water in a couple of minutes and is energy efficient. This water heater is elegant and compact that looks stylish in your washroom.
It is rust-proof and has a great impact resistant frame. It is the most budget-friendly home appliances water heater from Bajaj.
- It is an instant geyser. Its tank capacity is 3 litres.
- Its power consumption is 3000 Watts.
- Its rated voltage is 230 Volts.
- It is made of thermoplastic. It saves the heater from corrosion.
- There is a 2-year overall warranty on the product and 5 Years on the inner tank.
- This 3-litre has a neon indicator for heating functions.
- Its cord length is 1 meter.
What we like
- It can handle 8 bar pressure.
- It is a high-grade geyser/water heater that takes less heating time.
- The cold water quality gets heated.
- It’s neon indicator lets you check the power and heating functions.
7. Racold Pronto Neo Instant Water Heater
It is a high-pressure resistant heater that assures hot water within a few minutes. It is a durable, fast and easy heater that make sure you won’t have to wait for your turn to the shower. It is India’s largest water heater supplier and won the energy-efficient tool award in 2017.
It is the Best Instant Geyser having an Italian design with a rare combination of style and technology. The PFU insulation ensures retention of temperature and internal heat. It also comes with the Anti-Syphon System that prevents the black flow of the water from the container. It also avoids dry heating.
- This 3-litre heater has a stem type thermostat. It auto controls the temperature and gives more safety traits to the user.
- Its anti syphoning system shields dry-heating and helps to prevent the backflow of water.
- It has a wattage of 3kW for heating the water.
- Its 6.5 bar high pressure withstanding capacity is ideal for high rise apartments.
- Stem-type thermostat and cutout vitally regulate the temperature to give maximum security while showering.
- These instant heaters come with the warranty of 2 years on the product, five years on tank and two years on the element.
What we like
- It assists in saving power.
- Since it is a product with a high wattage, it will heat faster.
8. Crompton Solarium DLX IWH03PC1 Instant Water Heater
It is one of the Best Instant Geyser in India that ensures all new bathing experience. It has an aesthetical design that can add to the contrast of your modern bathrooms. It is made of plastic and stainless steel that gives efficient performance.
The Thermic cutout and Multifunctional Safety Valve feature relieve ensures better safety. It has a highly energy-efficient product that is suitable for your bathroom.
- It is a 3-litre 3kw water heater.
- Its water storage capacity is 3 litres.
- It has thermal indicators. You will easy to know when the water gets hot.
- It’s heating element has made of high-class copper. It is durable and long-lasting. It wouldn’t stop working in case of power fluctuation.
- It comes with a multifunctional valve. It naturally releases water in case of extreme water pressure situation.
- It comes with the glass coating tank which makes it corrosion-free.
- It gives an instant supply of water with 6.5 bars pressure.
- It holds a warranty of 2 years.
What we like
- It is an affordable water heater to buy.
- The product built quality is perfect.
9. Havells Instanio 3-Litre Instant Geyser
It is the perfect choice for winters. It has all the features you expect in a top-quality water heater. It will warm up the water in a few minutes. It’s heating element has an Incoloy glass coating. It is extremely durable. It is the best water heater that includes manual and wall mounting accessory. It comes with a high precision pre-calibrated thermostat.
You can mix the cold water along with its water to manage the temperature.
- It comes with two years of manufacturing warranty.
- Its inner container comes with five years warranty.
- This 3-litre water heater has an energy consumption of 3000 Watts.
- It comes with LED indicators. Its LED light will change its colour when it heats water to the desired level.
- Its outer box is rustproof and shockproof. It is made with high-grade ABS material.
- Its inner storage tank is ultra-thick. It is made with 304-grade stainless steel tank.
- It has a preset thermal cut off function. It will protect you from burning.
- Its high working pressure is 0.6 Mpa. It is ideal for tall rise buildings.
What we like
- It comes with the non-ferrous pressure plate.
- It is easy to install.
- It comes with a steel tank to increase durability.
- It comes with fire-resistant cable without the plug.
10. Crompton Bliss 3-Litre Instant Geyser
It is one of the Best Instant Geysers that has two indicator lights that are red and green. Its white colour looks elegant. You can take hot water from the kitchen tap. It will save your hands from swelling as it is difficult to wash dishes with cold water in the winter season. It will give you great relief.
- It has a 3-litre steel tank and requires 3000-watt power.
- The product has a warranty for two years.
- Its outer covering is made of ABS gives shock protection.
- It comes with a stainless steel inner tank.
- It caprotection n handle 6.5 bars-pressure.
- It comes with a particular type of copper element.
What we like
- It is available at an affordable cost.
- It saves electricity bill effectively.
- It is made up of high quality plastic material.
Best Geyser (Water Heater) Brands in India
- AO Smith
How to Choose the Best Water Heater for Home?
It is challenging to pick a geyser for your home. Buying ‘any’ unbranded water geyser for home is similar to betting your hard-earned money on a useless product. However, If you are planning to buy the right water heaters, then you don’t need to be puzzled about the size or the type you should buy.
Here, we have summarised some points that will help you in finding the best water heater for your home. The selection of a water heater relies on various factors such as hot water requirement, space in the bathroom, budget, heating element capability of the geyser etc.
Before buying a water heater, it is crucial to look upon its essential features.
Hot Water Requirements
It is an essential factor that determines which type of water heater fits your needs. The quantity of water required depends upon the number of people in the house using a geyser.
You need to buy an electric water heater according to your requirements. Once you know how much water you require, it gives you a good idea about the storage capacity of the geyser required.
The ideal temperature of the water is 2 degrees more than the average temperature of the body.
A 25-litre geyser works well for a large family with 5-6 members. Instant Water Heater is a perfect option if you live alone.
Now that you know the amount of water you require, the next important step is to check the size of the geyser.
It is advised to go for Instant Heaters for small requirements. It occupies less space and is budget-friendly.
The next thing you should look for in a geyser is the size. The size of the geyser relies upon its type, size of the family and water requirements.
For smaller bathrooms, you can buy mini and elegant geysers that are available. Similarly, for a small family, you can buy a small-sized water heater for your bathroom.
Energy Efficiency / Power Consumption
It is another crucial factor we should keep in mind. The geysers consume more electricity in the winters.
A good geyser can heat the water quickly with less energy consumption and helps you save electricity.
All of us know that a lot of electricity is being consumed in Indian households. With less power-generation sources in the country, it becomes our moral duty to save as much power as possible.
Many geysers are energy efficient and also use three power modes for operation. You should select the one with higher star-ratings that consume less electricity.
The power consumption depends on the water amount that is being heated, i.e.,
Electricity Consumption ∝ Volume of water used.
For example, if you take a shower bath with hot water, it will consume more power. If you prefer taking a bucket bath, you end up consuming less water and less electricity.
It is good to buy a water geyser that satisfies the highest safety features and is certified by ISI. It ensures sustained life and least maintenance of the water heater.
Majority of the geysers these days come with BEE star ratings. This energy star rating indicates the efficiency of the geyser. Higher star rating geyser benefits you to conserve utility bills.
You can calculate the units consumed by the water heater using the following formula:
Unit of Electricity consumed = water volume x Temperature Difference x 0.0012.
It depends on the quality of water, usage and maintenance of the household appliance. On average, a geyser usually works well for about ten years.
You can buy the products that have received 100s of good customer reviews from trusted brands.
Thermal Cutout Feature
You should check the safety features while buying a water geyser.
The Most Reliable Water Heater comes with auto cut off feature and a security valve.
It ensures automatic temperature control and provides additional safety.
It helps to regulate the water pressure and the temperature of the water geyser to prevent overheating. It cuts off the power supply on its own when the water temperature exceeds the highest value or the preset temperature value.
An auto shut off save your water from overheating. It also helps in power variation.
You don’t have to worry if you forget to switch off the Geyser after the shower, this feature will shut the geyser automatically once it reaches the desired temperature. Besides, this feature defends Geyser from burning. It protects against electric shocks and overpressure as well.
Some of the advanced water heaters use earth leakage circuit breaker for shock prevention and Feroglas technology for life increase of product.
Some of the models end up losing the heat. It is called a standing loss. In this case, you need to heat them over and over again.
To prevent such heat-loss, go for a geyser that has insulation.
We always worry that our electronic appliances will get defective over time. So, always choose the geyser with a great warranty. It is okay if you find the product with a good warranty. Branded Water Heaters like Havells, Bajaj, Racold, etc. come with a warranty and protection features.
What Are the Different Types of Geysers?
Water Heater is of 3 types, i.e., Solar, Storage and Instant water heater.
Storage Water Heater
The Storage tank geyser comes with an in-built tank. Someone who loves to enjoy long showers may opt for geysers with storage tanks.
This storage tank holds the water. The water stored in the container gets heated up after a few minutes you switch on the geyser. The heated water flows out through another pipe of the heater.
Some of the advance geysers use titanium enamel glass-lined storage tank that provides maximum safety features from corrosion.
The Storage geysers can store hot water for an extended time even without electricity. So, you can use the water as and when required. You get continuous water supply for the whole family.
These geysers are primarily useful for domestic purposes. It is suitable for a medium and big family.
As you switch-off the geyser, the hot water stored inside the tank begins to lose its temperature after some time. It is the primary drawback storage heaters.
Instant Water Heater
The Instant Geysers / Water Heaters are commonly known as Tankless Water Heaters. These are power-saving appliances that heat water instantly in the blink of an eye. You don’t need to wait for the water to get heated up. This kind of water heater delivers hot water as soon as you switch it on.
They are compact; hence, they occupy less space. It is an energy-efficient device.
An instant geyser / water heater isn’t suitable for a joint family. However, it is ideal for small families. You can also install it in the kitchen for washing utensils. Or, it can be installed near the wash-basins for washing hands.
Solar Water Heater
Solar Water Heaters not only deliver warm water but also promote sustainability.
The only drawback is that its initial investment is quite high. However, it pays off the money spent as you won’t pay a dime on electricity.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is the Difference Between Instant and Storage Water Heater?
Instant water heaters are good to be used in washbasins and dishwashers.
The storage capacity of these water heaters ranges from 1 to 3 litres.
Storage Geysers is used for showering purposes, whether you use a bucket or shower.
A storage geyser can store water in the range of 6 to 35 litres.
2. How Good Is the Heating Element of the AO Smith Water Geyser?
The glass heating element in this water heater helps in extending the lifespan of the appliance.
We highly recommend this water heater if you live in an area where water is high in hardness.
3. Which Water Heater Is The Good for Hard Water Prone Regions?
Hard water contains high levels of minerals and dissolved salts. It causes scaling, and the inner tank of the geyser may corrode. It decreases the lifespan of a geyser.
If you are living in the area having hard water, then the right solution is to buy corrosion-resistant water tank geyser. You can also install a water softener along with the water heater.
You can buy the AO Smith or V Guard Pebble water heater for hard water.
4. How Can I Choose a Geyser Capacity According to My Family Members?
The following table helps you to choose the Geyser Capacity:
|2-3||Bathing using Bucket||Instant||6 Litres to 7 Litres|
|2-3||Bathing using Bucket||Storage||10 Litres to 15 Litres|
|2-3||Bathing using Shower||Storage||25 Litres|
|2-3||Washing kitchenware / Hand Wash||Instant||1 Litres to 3 Litres|
|4-8||Bathing using Bucket||Instant||6 Litres to 7 Litres|
|4-8||Bathing using Bucket||Storage||25 Litres|
|4-8||Showering using Shower||Storage||25 Litres|
|4-8||Washing Kitchen Utensils / Hand Wash||Instant||1 Litre to 3 Litres|