Today, a water heater has become a necessity.
Since the days of using traditional methods such as wood, coal or gas stoves to get hot water, we have come a long way.
The thought of taking a shower in cold wintery mornings chases you right out of the bath. We expect water to be hot whenever we need it during those chilly months.
Moreover, some people are used to taking a warm shower in summers also. Taking a bath in warm water drives away the late evening tiredness and the early morning blues.
There can’t be a better option than the water heaters to meet the hot water needs in any season at any time. Water Heater and Room Heaters are the two life-saviours in the winter period.
Based on our Market Research, we have prepared a list of the Best Water Heaters (Geysers) in India 2019.
We highly recommend you to read our Water Heaters buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 Water Heaters in India 2019
|Bajaj New Shakti GL||Storage||25-Litre||2000|
|V Guard Victo||Storage||15-Litre||2000|
|AO Smith HSE-SES-15||Storage||15-Litre||2000|
|Racold Pronto Neo||Instant||3-Litre||3000|
|Crompton Solarium DLX||Instant||3-Litre||3000|
Which are the Top 10 Best Water Heaters (Geysers) in India 2019?
1. Bajaj New Shakti GL 25-Litre Vertical Storage Water Heater
This water heater in India is good for those who are always concerned with the rising electricity bill in the winters.
This vertical water heater is best for two purposes. It will help you in removing stains from clothes. It is useful for the bath. It comes with a magnesium rod in the tank for corrosion resistance. It protects the geyser from scale build-up. It keeps all the components and water tank safe from corrosion and harmful salts. The product is made after considering multiple safety arrangements for assurance.
- It is a 2000-watt vertical water heater.
- It can give warm water in the high-rise building with 8 bars of pressure.
- The warranty is of 2 years on the geyser, five years on the inner tank.
- These 25-litre geysers come with a 4-star rating from the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE).
- It comes with a glass lined inner tank.
- Its water pressure delivering range is of 0.70 MPA.
- The high-quality Incoloy heating element ensures that the water heater works efficiently for a long time.
- It comes with high-density PUF insulation and energy saving property.
- Its powder-coated metal body has a unique temperature dial.
- Its Magnesium rod prevents the tank from corrosion.
What we like
- Its cable extension is fire retardant.
- It is a highly power-efficient water heater.
- This water heater is best for high-pressure pump installations.
- The glass-lined tank is resistant to corrosion and prevents scale formation.
- You can mount the geyser in a vertical position.
- These geysers come with multiple safety systems that protect against dry heating, overheating or excess pressure.
2. V Guard Victo Plus Storage Water Heater
This is a trustworthy and innovative water heater that gives the comfort of hot water. With reliable technology and strong build, it easily indulges into the daily affair. It is perfect for modern households and is an energy-efficient water heater. It is the best geyser in India for cold seasons.
Its water heater is available in 4 storage capacity that is 6 L, 10 L, 15 L, and 25 L. It comes with four-layer safety features that are Hi-tech thermostat and thermal cut-out mechanisms. It ensures temperature regulation and avoids overheating by cutting off the power. It supplies warm water at an optimum level. It also has a multi-functional valve for optimum pressure control to safeguard your heater.
- This product consumes 2000 Watts of power.
- The water heater comes with a temperature control knob located on the front panel
- This water heater allows you to control water temperature as per your needs.
- The product warranty is of 2 years, three years on the heating element and seven years on the inner tank.
- It has 5-star BEE best energy rating.
- It comes with a four-layered safety system.
- Its storage capacity is of 15 Lires. It is suitable for small to large families.
What we like
- It is suitable for high buildings.
- It comes with a 5-star energy rating.
- It allows you to control the temperature settings.
- It ensures long-lasting performance.
- Its includes expansion bolts, inlet and outlet pipes.
3. AO Smith HSE-SES-15 15-Litre Vertical Storage Water Heater
AO Smith considered as one of the Best Geysers that is available in India that makes your winters cosy and warm. Out of all, this water heater is of the best build quality that comes under this brand. It comes with a blue diamond glass lined tank for excellent corrosion shield. It increases the life span of the inner tank.
This is a vertical water heater and offers the ultimate energy saving option. Its glass coated Incoloy heating element comes with world-class technology. It saves the heater from sediment and scales build-up to extend its life. It is the best geyser in India at a reasonable price.
- It has an adjustable temperature knob. You can adjust its temperature as per your need. For example, for icy weather, you can set the heat temperature to the highest.
- It offers the ultimate convenience even on low water conditions.
- Its advanced digital display provides you with vital information.
- It provides wireless remote control to operate the temperature with the utmost ease.
- The Warranty is of 2 years on this product, the heating element has three years and its tank has seven years.
- Its temperature range lies between 25-75 degree centigrade.
- It can give heated water service with a pressure of 8 bars.
- Its power wattage is of 2000 Watts.
- Its package includes a digital clock, energy meter, power on/off and temperature setting.
- Its safety valve naturally relieves pressure and discharge water when pressure overshoots the preset limits.
- It is the best Made in India product that ensures maximum safeguard against hard water to save your body from excessive heat.
What we like
- It best supervises the tank against corrosive elements.
- This product looks aesthetic and modern.
- It comes with a blue diamond glass lined tank.
4. Crompton Amica ASWH-2015 15-Litre Storage Water Heater
Crompton is an Indian MNC that manufactures good quality home appliances. Its tank is coated with Nano-Polymer that provides good strength against corrosion. It also assures oxidisation resistant even on high temperature and pressure that means it will keep the product from dust and impurities.
It gives the best instant water heating results.
- This product consumes 2000 Watts of power.
- There is a 2-year warranty period on the product and 7-year warranty on its tank.
- Its input supply is 220-240 Volts.
- Its tank can store 15 litres of water. It is perfect for large families.
- It can deliver hot water with 8 bar-pressure. It is ideal for high rise building or a multi-storeyed building.
- It got five energy stars for its high energy efficiency.
- It has an adjustable knob for heat settings. You can adjust the temperature from 25 to 75-degree Celsius.
- It comes with an excellent option for saving energy.
- It provides specially made sacrificial Magnesium rod that is fully furnished with stainless steel cover.
- It preserves the inner tank from rust.
- It includes a copper heating element that is unique and powerful. It gives a superior heating performance.
- It comes with the best single weld line. It lessens the chances of tank leakage.
- It contains a safety valve that naturally discharges or relieves pressure.
- It has rust and shockproof ABS plastic body.
- Its outer body has a powder-coated metallic sheet. It makes the product durable and long-lasting.
- Its storage tank is made of best Nano Bond Polymer Technology.
What we like
- It has a rust-free product.
5. Bajaj Calenta 15-Litre Storage Water Heater
It is a multi-purpose water heater with great energy efficient rating. The water heater is dependable for its sturdy make. It is the best geyser in India that comes with the glass coated inner tank that ensures the highest durability.
This storage water heater offers you the opportunity to relax your body. Once you switch on the water heater, it reserves hot water up to 15 litres that proves to be suitable for a family of 4 to 6 members. Bajaj generates home appliances with reliable material quality.
- It is made up of plastic. It prevents corrosion and rust and ensures the long life of the device.
- The PUF insulation traps the heat inside the tank. It keeps the water hot for a more extended period.
- The Warranty is of 2 years on the water heater, seven years on its tank and its heating element have three years warranty.
- It comes with the rated water pressure of 8 bars that is ideal for high-rise buildings.
- It has the best magnesium anode for extra safety from leakage and corrosion.
What we like
- It has a heavy-duty anode rod that prevents rust and corrosion.
- It is a BEE 5 star rated product that helps in saving electricity bills and conserves energy.
- It has an adjustable thermostat feature.
- It has an ergonomically styled plastic design.
6. Bajaj Flora Instant Water Heater
This Instant Water Heater is the Best Geyser Water Heater for your home. It’s heating element heats the water in a couple of minutes and is energy efficient. This water heater is elegant and compact that looks stylish in your washroom.
It is rust-proof and has high impact resistant frame. It is the most budget-friendly home appliances water heater from Bajaj from the list of Best Quality Products.
- It is an instant water heaters/geyser. Its tank capacity is 3 litres.
- Its power consumption is 3000 Watts.
- Its rated voltage is 230 Volts.
- It is made of thermoplastic. It saves the heater from corrosion.
- There is a 2-year overall warranty on the product and 5 Years on the inner tank.
- This 3-litre has a neon indicator for heating functions.
- Its cord length is 1 meter.
What we like
- It can handle 8 bar pressure.
- It takes less heating time.
- The cold water quality gets heated.
- It’s neon indicators let you check the power and heating functions.
7. Racold Pronto Neo Instant Water Heater
It is a high-pressure resistant heater that assures hot water within a few minutes. It is a durable, fast and easy heater that make sure you won’t have to wait for the bath. It is India’s largest water heater supplier and won the energy-efficient tool award in 2017.
It has an Italian design of instant water heater with a rare combination of style and technology. The PFU insulation ensures retention of temperature and internal heat. It also comes with the best Anti-Syphon System that prevents the black flow of the water from the container. It also avoids dry heating.
- This 3-litre heater has a stem type thermostat. It auto controls the temperature and gives more safety features to the user.
- Its anti syphoning system shields dry-heating and helps to prevent the backflow of water.
- It has a high wattage of 3kW for heating the water.
- Its 6.5 bar high pressure withstanding capacity is ideal for high rise apartment.
- Stem-type thermostat and cutout vitally regulate the temperature to give maximum security while showering.
- These instant water heaters come with the warranty of 2 years on the product, five years on tank and two years on the element.
What we like
- It assists in saving power.
- Since it is a product with a high wattage, it will heat faster.
8. Crompton Solarium DLX IWH03PC1 Instant Water Heater
It is an instant water heater that ensures all new bath experience. It has an aesthetical design that can add to the contrast of your modern bathrooms. It is made of plastic and stainless steel that gives an efficient performance.
The Thermic cutout and Multifunctional Safety Valve feature relieve ensures better and best safety. It has a highly energy-efficient product that is suitable for your bathroom.
- It is a 3-litre 3kw water heater.
- Its water storage capacity is 3 litres.
- It has thermal indicators. You will easy to know when the water gets hot.
- It’s heating element has made of high-class copper. This water heater is durable and long-lasting. It wouldn’t stop working in case of power fluctuation.
- It comes with a multifunctional valve. It naturally releases water in case of extreme water pressure situation.
- It comes with the best glass coating tank which makes it corrosion-free.
- It gives an instant supply of water with 6.5 bars pressure.
- It holds a warranty of 2 years.
What we like
- It is an affordable water heater to buy.
- The product quality is perfect.
9. Havells Instanio 3-Litre Instant Water Heater
It is the perfect choice for winters. It has all the features you expect in a top-quality water heater. It will warm up the water in a few minutes. It’s heating element has an Incoloy glass coating. It is extremely durable. It includes manual and wall mounting accessory. It comes with a high precision pre-calibrated thermostat.
It is the best water heater in India. You can mix the cold water along with its water to manage the temperature.
- This is instant water heaters come with two years of manufacturing warranty.
- Its inner container comes with five years warranty.
- This 3-litre water heater has a power consumption of 3000 Watts.
- This best water heater comes with LED indicators. Its LED light will change its colour when it heats water to the desired level.
- Its outer box is rustproof and shockproof. It is made with high-grade ABS material.
- Its inner storage tank is ultra-thick. It is made with 304-grade stainless steel.
- It has a preset thermal cut off function. It will protect you from burning.
- Its high working pressure is 0.6 Mpa. It is ideal for tall rise buildings.
What we like
- It comes with the non-ferrous pressure plate.
- It is easy to install.
- It comes with a steel tank to increase durability.
- It comes with fire-resistant cable without the plug.
10. Crompton Bliss 3-Litre Instant Water Heater
It is an instant heater. It has two indicator lights that are red and green. Its white colour looks elegant. You can take hot water from the kitchen tap. It will save your hands from swelling as it is difficult to wash dishes with cold water in the winter season. It will give you great relief.
It is one of the best water heater at this reasonable price.
- This Instant Water Heaters has a 3-litre steel tank and requires 3000-watt power.
- The product has a warranty for two years.
- Its outer covering is made of ABS gives shock protection.
- It comes with a stainless steel inner tank.
- It caprotection n handle 6.5 bars-pressure.
- It comes with a particular type of copper element.
What we like
- It is available at an affordable price range.
- It saves electricity bill effectively.
- It is made up of high quality plastic material.
Best Water Heater Brands in India
- AO Smith
How to Choose the Water Heater for Home?
It is challenging to pick a right and perfect geyser. Buying ‘any’ unbranded water geyser for your home is similar to betting your hard-earned money on a useless product. However, If you are planning to buy the right water geysers, then you don’t need to be puzzled about the size or the type you should buy.
Here, we have summarised some points that will help you in finding the best water heater for your home.
The selection of a water heater depends on various factors such as hot water requirement, space in the bathroom, budget, heating element capability of the geyser etc.
Before buying a water heater, it is crucial to look upon its essential features.
Hot Water Requirements
It is an essential factor that determines which type of water heater fits your needs. The quantity of water required depends upon the number of people in the house using a geyser.
You need to buy an electric water heater according to your requirements. Once you know how much water you require, it gives you a good idea about the storage capacity of the geyser required.
The ideal temperature of the water is 2 degrees more than the average temperature of the body.
A 25-litre geyser works well for a large family with 5-6 members. Instant Water Heater is a perfect option if you live alone.
The capacity of the Water Heater
Now that you know the amount of water you require, the next important step is to check the size of the geyser.
It is advised to go for Instant Heaters for small requirements. It occupies less space and is budget-friendly.
Size of the Water Heater
The next thing you should look for in a geyser is the size. The size of the geyser depends upon its type, size of the family and water requirements.
For smaller bathrooms, you can buy mini and elegant geysers that are available. Similarly, for a small family, you can buy a small-sized water heater for your bathroom.
Energy Efficiency / Power Consumption
It is another crucial factor we should keep in mind. The geysers consume more electricity in the winters.
A good geyser can heat the water quickly with less power consumption and helps you save electricity.
All of us know that a lot of electricity is being consumed in India. With less power-generation sources in the country, it becomes our moral duty to save as much power as possible.
Many geysers are energy efficient and also use three power modes for operation. You should choose the one with higher star-ratings that consume less electricity.
The power consumption depends on the water amount that is being heated, i.e.,
Electricity Consumption ∝ Volume of water used.
For example, if you take a shower bath with hot water, it will consume more power. If you prefer taking a bucket bath, you end up consuming less water and less electricity.
It is best to buy a water geyser that satisfies the highest safety features and is certified by ISI. It ensures sustained life and least maintenance of the water heater.
Majority of the geysers these days come with BEE star ratings. This energy star rating indicates the efficiency of the water heater. Higher star rating water heater benefits you to conserve utility bills.
You can calculate the units consumed by the water heater using the following formula:
Unit of Electricity consumed = Volume of water x Temperature Difference x 0.0012.
It depends on the quality of water, usage and maintenance of the appliance. On average, a water heater usually works well for about ten years.
You can buy the products that have received 100s of good customer reviews from trusted brands.
Thermal Cutout Feature
You should check the safety features while buying a water geyser.
The Most Reliable Water Heater comes with auto cut off feature and a security valve.
It ensures automatic temperature control and provides extra safety.
It helps to regulate the water pressure and the temperature of the water geyser to prevent overheating. It cuts off the power supply on its own when the water temperature exceeds the highest value or the preset temperature value.
An auto shut off save your water from overheating. It also helps in power variation.
You don’t have to worry if you forget to switch off the Geyser after the shower, this feature will shut the geyser automatically once it reaches the desired temperature. Besides, this feature defends Geyser from burning. It protects against electric shocks and overpressure as well.
Some of the advanced water heaters use earth leakage circuit breaker for shock prevention and Feroglas technology for life increase of product.
Some of the water heaters end up losing the heat. It is called a standing loss. In this case, you need to heat them over and over again.
To prevent such heat-loss, go for a geyser that has insulation.
We always worry that our electronic appliances will get defective over time. So, always choose the geyser with a great warranty. It is okay if you find the product with a good warranty. Branded Water Heaters like Havells, Bajaj, Racold, etc. come with a warranty and protection features.
What Are the Different Types of Water Heaters?
Water Heater is of 3 types, i.e., Solar, Storage and Instant water heater.
Storage Water Heater
The Storage tank water heater comes with an in-built tank. Someone who loves to enjoy a long shower may opt for geysers with storage tanks.
This storage tank holds the water. This water stored in the container gets heated up after a few minutes you switch on the geyser. The heated water flows out through another pipe.
Some of the advance geysers use titanium enamel glass lined storage tank that provides maximum safety features from corrosion.
The Storage geysers can store hot water for an extended time even without electricity. So, you can use the water as and when required. You get continuous water supply for the whole family.
Storage water heaters are primarily useful for domestic purposes. It is suitable for a medium and large family.
As you switch-off the geyser, the hot water stored inside the tank begins to lose its temperature after some time. It is the primary drawback storage heaters.
Instant Water Heater
The Instant Geysers/Water Heaters are commonly known as Tankless Water Heaters. These are power-saving appliances that heat water instantly in the blink of an eye. You don’t need to wait for the water to get heated up. This kind of water heater delivers hot water as soon as you switch it on.
They are compact; hence, they occupy less space. It is an energy-efficient device.
An instant geyser/water heater isn’t suitable for a joint family. However, it is ideal for small families. You can also install it in the kitchen for washing utensils. Or, it can be installed near the wash-basins for washing hands.
Solar Water Heater
Solar Water Heaters not only deliver warm water but also promote sustainability.
The only drawback is that its initial investment is quite high. However, it pays off the money spent as you won’t pay a dime on electricity.
They aren’t suitable for large families.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is the Difference Between Instant Water Heater and Storage Water Heater?
Instant water heaters are the best to be used washbasins and dishwashers.
The storage capacity of these water heaters ranges from 1 to 3 litres.
Storage Geysers is used for showering purposes, whether you use a bucket or shower.
A storage geyser can store water in the range of 6 to 35 litres.
2. How Good Is the Heating Element of the AO Smith Water Geyser?
The glass heating element in this water heater helps in extending the lifespan of the appliance.
We highly recommend this water heater if you live in an area where water is high in hardness.
3. Which Water Heater Is The Best for Hard Water Prone Regions?
Hard water contains high levels of minerals and dissolved salts. It causes scaling, and the inner tank of the geyser may corrode. It decreases the lifespan of a geyser.
If you are living in the area having hard water, then the right solution is to buy corrosion-resistant water tank geyser. You can also install a water softener along with the water heater.
You can buy the AO Smith or V Guard Pebble water heater for hard water.
4. How Can I Choose a Geyser Capacity According to My Family Members?
The following table helps you to choose the Geyser Capacity:
|2-3||Bathing using Bucket||Instant||6 Litres to 7 Litres|
|2-3||Bathing using Bucket||Storage||10 Litres to 15 Litres|
|2-3||Bathing using Shower||Storage||25 Litres|
|2-3||Washing kitchenware / Hand Wash||Instant||1 Litres to 3 Litres|
|4-8||Bathing using Bucket||Instant||6 Litres to 7 Litres|
|4-8||Bathing using Bucket||Storage||25 Litres|
|4-8||Showering using Shower||Storage||25 Litres|
|4-8||Washing Kitchen Utensils / Hand Wash||Instant||1 Litre to 3 Litres|