In summers, filling the water into bottles and keeping it in the refrigerator all the times, becomes a tedious task.
Installing a water dispenser in your office and home is one of the best ways to achieve this since it cuts out the hassle of carrying bottled water with you.
Wouldn’t it be great if you get hot water for coffee without using kettle or stove? The water dispenser is the only solution to your problem.
A water dispenser is a functional appliance that gives you large quantities of clean drinking water at your preferred temperature.
It is one of the most natural methods to access the water, just by providing filtered and clean water through replaceable bottles.
Out of a pool of options, it gets challenging to select one out of so many choices available.
Based on Market Research, we have prepared a list of Best Water Dispenser in India 2019.
We highly recommend you to read our reviews buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 Water Dispensers in India 2019
|Water Dispenser||Warranty||Cooling Cabinet|
|Voltas Pearl||1 Year||Yes|
|Blue Star Normal||1 Year||Yes|
|Blue Star BWD3FMRGA||1 Year||Yes|
|Voltas Mini Magic||1 Year||No|
|Usha Instafresh||1 Year||Yes|
|Blue Star||1 Year||No|
|Usha Instafresh Table-Top||1 Year||No|
|Blue Star H Series||1 Year||No|
|Atlantis AWD-005||1 Year||No|
Which are the Top 10 Best Water Dispenser in India 2019?
1. Voltas Pearl Black Water Dispenser
This Water Dispenser is a countertop dispenser having an attractive design and adds elegance to your kitchen. It comes in a standard size. The dimension of the product is 31×34.5×94 cm.
It has a Good Water Dispensing Capacity, and it’s cooling & heating function makes it the Best Product in the Indian market for your home or organisation.
It is a simple, plug-and-play machine. Just click on the three taps and quench your thirst.
- This cool water dispensing device comes with three faucets that serve hot, cold and normal water with hygiene.
- Its cooling capacity is 3 ltrs per hour, and the heating capacity of the product is 1 litre/hour.
- It comes with a one-year manufacturer warranty.
- It comes with a cabinet for storing bottles.
- Its freestanding design occupies minimal space on the floor.
What we like
- It comes with a compressor cooling.
- The surface of the water dispenser is non-scratchable.
- It has a compact design and spacious as compared to other machines.
- It is easy to clean and maintain.
2. Blue Star Normal Standing Water Dispenser
This Water Dispenser is a premium standing dispenser. It comes with the mini refrigerator at the bottom by which you could drink water. But you can also store it for a later time. It offers the finest cooling functionality along with a wide range of functions.
It is available in blue and white coloured combo shade. It comes with sturdy push taps for dispensing water. You can store it at any smooth revolving base. It does not create any mesh in your kitchen area. It is a cool device that keeps the spices fresh and odourless. It does not get corroded or rusted. It is a dispenser with a refrigerator that offers convenience to the user.
- It comes with three different water outlets for cold, hot and normal water.
- It comprises of a cool cabinet for refrigerating small items such as bottles, tetra packs etc.
- Its body is made of fine quality plastic material.
- It has a stainless steel water tank.
- It has a one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
What we like
- It has sturdy push taps.
- It requires less maintenance for cleaning.
- Its tank is corrosion resistance and hygiene.
3. Blue Star BWD3FMRGA Star Water Dispenser
This Dispenser is one of the best water dispensers that fulfils the daily basis requirements. This dispenser can provide hot, cold and normal water and at the same time can keep your food items like a cold drink, juice in the bottom of the refrigerator.
You can manage or take the water according to your choice with the help of temperature switches. It comes with a little cabinet that gets divided by plates. You can quickly put your bottles, milk packets, tetra packs and tiffin boxes inside the fridge.
- It is a free-standing dispenser with a 14-litre fridge at the bottom.
- It comes with three temperature taps of plain water, hot water, and cold water.
- Its cooling capacity is 2.5 litres/hour, and the ability for hot water is 5 litres/hour.
- The body of the dispenser has ABS food-grade plastic and tank made of stainless steel. There is also a heavy-duty bottle piercer with a holder.
- It provides a warranty for one year.
What we like
- There is a safety lock characteristic for a hot tap.
- Its build quality is excellent.
- It consumes low power.
4. Voltas Mini Magic Pure-T 500-Watt Water Dispenser
This Water Dispenser is a tabletop water dispenser that is generally small in size and could be accommodated on top of any table. The cooling capacity of the product is 3 litres/hour.
The weight of the dispenser this mini magic dispenser is 13 kg. It has a compact and sleek design. Its power consumption is 500 watts, and the operating voltage is 230 volts.
- It comes with three taps that serve hot, cold and normal water to the user.
- It heats 5 litres water per hour.
- It comes with an LED indicator.
- Voltas provides one year warranty on the product.
What we like
- It comes with an anti-corrosive durable body.
- It can be kept anywhere on your dining table or kitchen top since it is compact.
- The surface of water dispenser isn’t scratchable easily.
- It requires low maintenance for cleaning.
5. Usha Instafresh Cooling Cabinet Water Dispenser
This water dispenser comes with a cabinet that has a cold water nozzle, that is perfect for the hot Indian summers. This product is compact and can fit into small corners easily. This dispenser comes with long-lasting, spouts with an anti-bacterial treatment.
Its durable, sturdy and corrosion free cabinet make it a low maintenance product and also has enough space to accommodate the food items. This dispenser comes with a child lock for a hot water faucet, prevent spillage of water and also save the kids from accidental burn injuries.
- The capacity of hot water is 5-litres per hour.
- It is a floor-standing water dispenser.
- The capacity for cooling water is 3 ltrs per hour.
- It is provided with an LED indication for heating, cooling and power function.
- It is all in one dispenser that dispenses cold water, water at room temperature and also warm water.
- It has a cooling cabinet with a capacity of 18 litres.
What we like
- It has an advanced cooling system.
- It comes with a refrigeration option.
What we didn’t like
- It doesn’t connect to the mainline. You need to have a water bottle.
- It comes without a warranty.
6. Blue Star Plastic Water Dispenser
This plastic liquid dispenser is designed to give you better water facilities. It contains three taps cool, hot and plain. It comes in a standard size. It requires easy maintenance. It has two switches at the back. One is for cold water and another one is for hot water.
It comes with a container holder. The overall weight of the product is 12.9 kg. It is a reliable and durable product from Blue Star. It does not get attracted to rusting and corrosion. It maintains proper hygiene conditions. It consumes low power.
- It has a tabletop design and is made of ABS Plastic.
- Its tank is made of Food-grade stainless steel.
- The colour of the dispenser is blue and white.
- The product offers a manufacturing warranty for 1-year.
- It comes with hot water dispensing lock.
- It has three temperature-taps, 3-litre cooling and 5-litre heating capacity per hour.
What we like
- It comes with a removable tray for easy cleaning.
- It has high energy efficient compressor.
- It has a quiet operation.
7. Usha Instafresh Table-Top Water Dispenser
This countertop water dispenser is a conventional quality dispenser. It is suitable to use in both homes and offices. It saves room space, time and power to run the machine.
It is a long-lasting dispenser from Usha. The overall weight of the machine is 12.4 kg. It is a compact dispenser that is suitable for your kitchen cabinet and office counters. It is designed for effective cooling even in scorching summers.
- It is available with water faucets for hot, normal and cold water.
- The water storage capacity of the tank is 4 litres.
- It comes with LED indicators for power/heating/cooling functions.
- It has long-lasting, stylish faucets with anti-bacterial treatment.
- It comes with a one-year comprehensive warranty.
What we like
- This dispenser is sturdy, durable and corrosion-resistant.
- It is environmental friendly new age refrigerant.
- There is no need for installation; all you have to do is plug and use the device.
- It has child lock for the hot-water spout.
8. Blue Star Water Dispenser
This Dispenser is on number two in the list of Best Water Dispensers in India. This dispenser comes with a storage cabinet at the bottom. The body is built plastic that makes it look attractive and exquisite.
This floor-standing model comes bottom cabinet. It is the best water dispenser for office, home and public places like food centres etc. This dispenser comes along with a heavy duty bottle piercer with a bottle holder.
- It’s a heating capacity of 4.5 litres per hour.
- It comes with three temperature setting.
- The dispenser cools 2.5 litres water per hour.
- The warranty on the product is for one year.
What we like
- Its body is made of good quality ABS plastic.
- It provides dispensing of cold, hot and fresh water.
- It is equipped with a food grade stainless steel tank.
What we didn’t like
- It doesn’t have a child lock safety feature.
9. Atlantis AWD-005 Plastic Water Dispenser
This Water Dispenser is a compact and sleek model that provides you with all three kinds of water that is plain, hot and cold. It comes in white and brown in colour. The water dispensing device cools 3 litres water per hour.
It offers you efficient cooling at 110 watts and further gives you instant hot or cold as per requirement. The dimension of this product is 55x34x31 cm. It has a safety lock property for the hot tap to ensure safety.
- It is a top loading water dispenser.
- Its cold temperature range is between 7~13º C.
- It has a heating-capacity of 5 litres per hour.
- It consumes 500 watts of power.
- It comes with 12 months warranty.
What we like
- It has different faucet for each kind of water.
- It is compact and takes less space.
- It is fit for household or office use since it has ample capacity.
What we didn’t like
- Its built quality isn’t up to the mark.
10. Wellon Table Top Water Dispenser
This is a better quality dispenser that comes with all options of a basic water dispenser such as three taps for hot, cold and plain water. It is a reliable and durable product. It is a type of tabletop dispenser.
It comes with three faucets to support plain, hot and cold water. It has an automatic water control temperature. It is a safe option for getting cold water in the hot summers. It maintains proper hygienic conditions.
- It is made of food grade stainless steel SUS304 Water Tank.
- It has an ABC plastic that is antibacterial.
- It comes with high-efficiency compressor cooling.
- It has a power capacity of 500 watts.
What we like
- The dispenser has an affordable price.
- It has excellent, quality plastic material.
- It is easy and simple to install and is user-friendly.
Best Water Dispenser Brands in India
- Blue Star
Types of Water Dispensers
Generally, water dispensers are categorised into two types, electric water dispenser and non-electric. In electrical water dispenser, you have the option of getting water at different temperature. You’ll not be able to do so in a non-electrical water dispenser, so electrical water dispensers are more expensive than the non-electrical ones.
Table Top Water Dispensers
You can place these water dispensers on a table or a kitchen platform. They utilise the 5 litres of water bottles for their water supply. These dispensers use Peltier devices for cooling the water and air pump technology to hand out the water.
If your home has small space, getting this kind of water dispenser is the best choice for you.
Top Loading Bottle Dispensers
These type of water dispensers can be positioned anyplace on the floor. It is perfect for office spaces and places in your home where the pipeline is too far away to access. Once the supply of water is consumed, you have to replace the empty bottle for another round of freshwater.
The wall-mounted water dispenser is perfect for those who don’t want to be restricted by regularly replacing water bottles to get access to filtered water. It is connected to the household pipeline for the water source. Its small storage tank gets automatically refilled which then gets purified with the filters inside.
Free-Standing Water Dispenser
A free-standing dispenser can be placed anywhere on the floor. They are designed to mount the water bottles upside down into the water dispenser.
How to Choose the Best Water Dispenser?
Here are some of the features that you must keep in mind while considering the choices.
If you feel that your house isn’t able to accommodate a big water dispenser, then select a counter-top water dispenser. For office use, you can go for large machines.
Most standard water dispensers can accommodate 2,4 and 5-gallon water bottles that are good enough for the office and home use.
While regular water dispensers dispense cold water and water at room temperature. Some advanced models can dispense lukewarm water, warm water, cold water and plain water.
While filling the glass, people often face a problem of water being overflown. Select a dispenser with a tray so that the overflow water doesn’t spill on your floor.
Cooling and Heating Speed
It determines how fast a dispenser heats up or cool down the water. The heating speed of the machine is higher than its cooling rate.
Standard dispensers have a capacity of 2.5 litres/hour for cooling and 5 litres/hour for heating.
Child lock is a vital safety assurance to have in your water dispenser. It is especially crucial in tabletop and freestanding designs, which have water spouts within the reach of small children. This feature will prevent the children from opening the tap and spilling the water all over.
Ease of Use
You need to check for the space between the water-faucet and drip tray. The perfect water dispensers have sufficient space between the tray and water tap to allow you to fit tall glasses, water bottles, etc.
Water Quality and Purification
You can choose water dispensers with or without filtration function. Mostly we have to use filtered water in dispensers, but nowadays, some water dispensers also come with filtration.
Water dispensers come with various filtration systems.
Always buy a water cooler with filters such as ultraviolet filter, carbon charcoal filter, water distillers etc. These offer extra clean and freshwater.
While most standard water cooler dispensers come with a cooling cabinet that allows you to store food items. There are some other useful features to look for, such as LED night light, adjustable thermostats, cleaning reminder, cup holders etc. Some water dispensers have a smaller compressor unit which consumes less power. It comes under good kitchen appliances that deliver water with hygiene.
Reputed companies also provide after-sales service during the warranty period. You can check the price by reviewing our buying guide of topwater dispensers and then you can also purchase dispensers according to your budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does the Water Dispenser Filter the Water?
A water cooler or an instant warm water dispenser is utilised to provide easy access to drinking water. Dispensers don’t have the function of filtering the water. You can directly connect your water dispenser to a water line. If you want to choose bottled water, then you must be sure that the water inside is filtered and purified.
2. What Are the Benefits of Water Dispensers?
- The main advantage of a water cooler is that it dispenses clean and safe water anytime you want.
- It can dispense water at the push of a button.
- Dispensers are a great way to reduce the use of plastic bottles and efficiently use water without any wastage.
3. What Is the Difference Between the Top Loading and Bottom Loading Dispenser?
Top loading water dispensers use water bottles that are placed on the top of the device and load directly into the water tank below. In bottom loading water dispenser same water containers are used, but the difference is that bottle is hidden below the unit.
Bottom loading water dispenser reduces spills and potential accidents caused in your kitchen while replacing a used water bottle with a new water bottle.