When we talk about life-changing technologies, most of us think about the advancement in medical science, communication and computing. Have you ever thought about the Washing Machine?
A Washing Machine is one of the most important home appliances that became widespread in the 20th century.
Probably, it’s been a long time for most of us when we washed our clothes with our hands.
This time-savvy miracle technology eliminates manual labour, giving unmatched freedom to women across the globe!
Today, we throw a bundle of sweaty, dirty or stained garments into a washing machine; and get them clean and dry within some minutes. Thanks to the incredible efficiency of a washing machine!
Buying a washing machine isn’t an everyday thing. It is a long-term investment for every Indian home. So, you need to choose wisely. With so many variants available in the market today, finding the best one isn’t an easy task.
Based on our Market Research, we have prepared a list of Top 10 Best Washing Machine in India. It includes detailed customer reviews, key features, what we like and what we didn’t like.
We highly recommend you to read our washing machine buyer’s guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 Washing Machines for Home (Top & Front Load) – Comparison Chart
|Washing Machine||Load||Capacity (Kg)|
|IFB Diva Aqua SX||Front||6|
|IFB Senator Aqua SX||Front||8|
|IFB Senorita Aqua SX||Front||6.5|
|LG T7281NDDLG / T7288NDDLG / GD||Top||6.2|
|Whirlpool WHITEMAGIC ELITE||Top||7|
Which are the Best Washing Machine in India for 2019?
1. IFB 6 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (Diva Aqua SX, Silver)
IFB is a trusted brand in the Indian market. If you are looking for a large size, best front load washing machine in India with unique features and latest technologies then, this is the perfect option for you. It is one of the best selling washing machines.
IFB Diva Aqua Sx fully automatic front load washing machine is equipped with a foam control system. It is one of the best fully automatic washing machines in India. It automatically detects the excessive foam and dilutes it. Not only this, it has sensors that automatically identify the unbalanced items of clothing and redistribute it to maintain a stable wash.
- There is a 4-year comprehensive warranty on the product and the motor.
- It comes with smooth Crescent Moon Drum. It creates a gentle water cushion to prevent fabrics from damage.
- It includes 2D wash-system. It ensures proper cleaning as its wash and rinse cycle works as a shower system.
- It has a float ball valve. It never lets the soapy water during the wash period.
- It comes with a shockproof body.
- It has a Laundry Add facility. It lets you add missing clothes into it throughout the mid wash cycle.
- It has inbuilt Aqua Energie function. It gives filter treatment to mix the detergent properly. It also gives a smooth wash.
- It especially contains protective mesh to save the machine from rats.
- The machine has a capacity of 6 Kg. It is enough to put more than 6 Shirts and Trousers, 1 Bed sheet, 2 to 3 Towels in the washing machine.
- It is perfect for singles and couples.
- Its input supply is 220 to 240 Volts.
- It consumes 45 Litres of water.
- Its power consumption is 930 Watts.
- It has 15+ Wash Programs. It includes wash programs for cotton, synthetics, mix, woollens, etc. It can remove the toughest dirt from the cotton and woollens.
- It comes with auto restart/memory backup function.
- It has a start and pause button.
- It rapidly washes heavily soiled clothes.
- Its door opening angle is of 180 degrees. You can add or remove clothes easily, without any worry.
- It can give you clean clothes with 0.3 to 10 bar water pressure.
- Its wash program time duration is 9 to 141 minutes.
- It automatically senses the high and low voltage.
- It has three washing modes that are hot, warm and cool.
- Its motor rotates with the highest spinning speed of 800 RPM.
What we like
- It eliminates stains from clothes completely.
- It distributes the right amount of detergent and water throughout the wash process.
- There is no abrasion of fabrics.
- Multiple Wash Programs is a noteworthy feature of this machine.
- It allows you to wash different types of fabrics.
- Aqua Energie Filter reduces the hardness of water.
- It rinses the detergents from clothes.
2. Bosch 6 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (WAB16060IN, White)
Bosch is a Top German brand of Front Load washing machine. The brand is well-known for its superior quality products. This machine is certified by ECARF or the European Centre for Allergy Research Foundation.
Bosch washing machine comes with ActiveWater Sensor Technology. It helps the machine to sense the load. It gives excellent washing results. It is perfect for a home with working couples, bachelor or a small family. It has an inbuilt water heater. It provides Drum Clean facility to remove lint or toxic residue from inside the tub. It keeps the drum allergy-free to provide you with a better washing result.
- There is a warranty of 2 years on the product.
- Its motor comes with 10 years warranty.
- The machine has 800 RPM spin speed.
- It comes with a 6 kg load capacity. It is suitable for bachelors and small families with 2-3 members.
- Its ActiveWater feature automatically detects the load of garments. Even, it adjusts the water levels as per the laundry weight and fabric.
- It requires 2300 Watts of energy to operate.
- Its 3D AquaSpa helps in improving the washing performance.
- It includes prewash, speed wash function, start/stop function.
- The Monsoon Program removes the odour of damp clothes.
- It comes with an ergonomically designed rotatory control knob. You can wash, rinse and spin the fabric within 15 to 30 minutes.
- It is specially designed with VoltCheck function. It automatically checks the power fluctuation. It resumes the process once the power remains stable.
- The anti-vibration design of the machine reduces noise and vibration; and improves wash quality.
- Its noise level is of 49 decibels. You can wash the dirty garments even at night.
- The Energy Plus Setting keeps the fabric completely free off detergent residues.
- The inlet pipe is 1 metre long.
- Its super clean wash program allows washing soiled clothes with low water pressure of 0.3 bar.
- It comes with PreWash mode. It automatically drains out the dirty water before the actual wash cycle.
- It has a reload function allows adding clothes mid-cycle. This feature tackles one of the major drawbacks of front-load washing machines.
What we like
- Allergy Plus Technology removes the harmful allergens from the clothes.
- It has a daily wash mode. It is a better option for hassle-free laundry results every day.
- It has a child-lock so that children can’t play with the machine.
- The machine has got a high European Energy Efficiency Rating.
- The machine runs silently when running at maximum speed.
- Active Water Feature cleans the wash drum using hot water to remove detergent residue and bacteria.
What we didn’t like
- If the tap isn’t close to the washing machine, you would have to spend extra money on a longer inlet pipe.
3. IFB 8 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (Senator Aqua SX, Silver)
IFB is an Indian brand that gives a tough competition to international brands. It is the best-selling front load washing machine in India. It has been designed with the best features, keeping Indian customers in mind. It is of good quality and suitable for more than five members or joint families. Its dynamic water system ensures that clothes are properly soaked in water.
- It can hold 8 kg of the load.
- It has a user-friendly inner steel drum.
- The machine has a maximum water storage capacity of 60 Litres. It is sufficient to run a wash cycle.
- Its Aqua Energie Technology purifies the soap and gives a fresh look to apparels.
- It has Ball Valve technology that removes water out from the pipe without detergent. Therefore, it will never waste your washing powder.
- It comes with a user-friendly LCD panel that helps you to choose the wash mode as per your washing needs.
- The wash settings include soft-cradle wash for delicate fabrics like Kanjivaram saree, Satin and Silk, Laces, Chiffons without any harm.
- Its 3D wash cycle helps in drying clothes after wash.
- It has crescent moon grooves on the drum surface that protects the dresses from damage.
- It also checks the power fluctuation. When the voltage gets low, it automatically pauses the wash cycle and restarts it when the voltage gets stable.
- It uses 2250 Watts of power and 240 input voltage. Its motor rotates with 1400 maximum RPM speed.
- It creates bubbles in the water flow to give an excellent cleaning job.
- The Warranty is of 4 years on product and 4 years on the motor.
- It has a time delay feature that helps you to schedule the wash period. You can also delay the wash time from 30 minutes to 24 hours.
- It detects unbalanced clothes and adjusts them automatically.
What we like
- It is perfect for daily use. Cleaning of curtains and woollens is effortless.
- It comes with clean drum facilities that help to remove all germs and fungi from the washing machine.
4. IFB 6.5 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (Senorita Aqua SX , Silver)
IFB Senorita Aqua SX 6.5 Kg fully automatic front load washing machine is of good technology. It is one of the best fully automatic washing machines in India. It is a necessary appliance for reducing workload. If your clothes are having a little amount of dirt then, you can use this function to make them neat and clean. It can wash the maximum number of clothes at once. It is a hassle free machine that doesn’t waste water. It consumes less amount of energy. It gives a quick wash to the fabric and gives it a shiny look. It corrects the load imbalance. Even its dryer drains the water from all the materials. Also, it will never produce any lousy smell in washed clothes.
- The warranty is of 4 years on the product.
- Its water consumption is 43 litres.
- Its input supply is 240 Volts.
- It needs 220 Watts to operate.
- It has three-dimensional wash system. It uses a water spray system including a nozzle. It creates a 360-degree current in the drum.
- It comes with 7 Segment LED digital display.
- It has auto imbalance system. If loads are unevenly distributed during the laundry program then, it smartly redistributes the clothes. It ensures tangle free wash.
- It has crescent moon cast drum that ensures gentle wash during tumble process. It circulates the water in a swoosh pattern. So, your clothes won’t rub against the wall of the steel drum.
- It comes with Aqua-Energie filter. It dissolves the detergent better and softens the cloth.
- It provides Baby Wear mode. It gives extra clean and extra special care to baby clothes.
- It includes 3D wash system. It helps to soak the clothes completely to deliver you an excellent wash result.
- Its Ball-Valve technology avoids water and detergent wastage.
- It will produce less noise.
- It automatically monitors the high and low power fluctuation. It pauses the wash cycle in case of power fluctuations. It resumes the wash program when the voltage gets stable.
- Its child lock freezes the machine’s setting.
- It allows you to add or remove remaining clothes after the wash cycle has started.
What we like
- It can easily lift the weight of heavy jackets, jeans, bed sheets, etc.
- It is energy efficient and capable to do the task using lesser water.
- Its auto-imbalance program re-distributes the wash load weight in the drum.
- The washing machine doesn’t waste any water.
- It optimizes water usage.
5. Samsung 6.5 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (WW65M206L0W / TL, White)
Samsung is one of the popular brands in India. Samsung fully automatic front loading washing machine is beneficial for washing lots of dirty clothes. It has many inbuilt wash modes (quick wash, delicates, blanket, etc.). You can wash your lightly soiled fabrics within a few minutes. It saves energy, time and efforts.
- The warranty is of 3 years on the product.
- Its capacity is 6.5 Kg.
- It runs with a speed of 1000 RPM. It lowers the time taken in drying.
- It comes with a touch panel. Temperature can be set as per your need.
- It comprises a digital inverter motor. It increases the life span of the product. Plus, it lessens the noise level.
- It comes with a ceramic heater that instantly heats up. It prevents the calcium build up. It is useful for eliminating all stains from clothes.
- It comes with Diamond drum that looks unique and elegant. It has diamond shaped depressions with small holes. It will protect your fabrics from being trapped or damaged.
- Its silver wash technology can remove bacteria and mold from your dirty clothes.
- It operates at 220 Volts.
- Its package includes hose drain, hose inlet, user manual, shutter, clip ring, screw fitting.
- It doesn’t require any battery to start the wash cycle.
What we like
- Its container is washable.
- It is super reliable. It produces less vibration and noise.
- It is an ideal machine for family with 3-4 members.
6. LG 6.2 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (T7281NDDLG / T7288NDDLG / GD, Middle Free Silver)
Save INR 2,310.00 ( 11% )
(as of 25/03/2019 20:20 IST - Details)
View on Amazon
LG washing machines are compact. So, they don’t take much space. It comes with a stainless steel drum and water level settings facility. It is free from bacteria, germs, and rust. Clothes are cleaned efficiently. It allows to wash and dry your clothes quickly. It is good enough for removing dirt and stains.
- It doesn’t produce any unpleasant smell both inside and outside the tub.
- It provides a child-lock facility to protect the machine from naughty children.
- It comes with turbo drum. It is useful for eliminating the toughest dirt through hard water.
- It has three mini pulsators and one main pulsator. The stream of water flows in a vertical direction. It mixes the laundry well.
- It comes with an auto restart function. It assures that the machine cycle starts itself if the power is back.
- Its door panel is smart, safe, smooth and convenient.
- You can download SmartThinQ app if you find any problem with your washing machine. It will help you to detect the error; saves time and money.
- Its input voltage supply is 220 Volts.
- The warranty is of 2 years on the product and 10 years on the motor.
- Its maximum rotational speed is 700 RPM.
- Its capacity is of 6.2 kg. It is good enough to add clothes in bulk. It is ideal for couples and bachelors.
- It is of 6.2 Kg. It is perfect for small to medium size family.
What we like
- It consumes less amount of water.
- Its installation is easy.
- Its price is reasonable as compared to other models.
- It comes with a powerful BMC motor.
What we didn’t like
- Since its maximum spin speed is just 700 RPM, the clothes aren’t quite dry.
7. LG 6.5 kg Semi-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (P7550R3FA, Dark Grey)
It is quite difficult to get the rat out from the machine because if it enters the machine it will damage the motor. This is the reason why LG washing machines come with the quality plastic cover that keeps the rats away. The dirty clothes are pre-treated by a smart scrub station. It takes 30-40 minutes to complete the wash process.
LG 6.5 Kg semi-automatic top load washing machine is suitable for nuclear families. It is considered as one of the best top load washing machines in India. It is available under 11000. You can buy it with utmost ease. It is considered as one of the best semi-automatic washing machines in India.
- It has three basic wash programs depending on the type of cloth and extent of soiling i.e., gentle, normal and strong mode.
- The product comes with a 2-year warranty.
- Its spinning speed is of 1300 RPM. It takes less time to wash and rinse the number of clothes.
- It comes with a lint-filter. It collects the hard dirt during the washing.
- Its roller jet pulsator offers 360-degree rotation. It gives you a better washing experience.
- It comes with Rat Away technology.
- Its spin shower removes detergent completely.
- It consists of a large wash tub of 66 litres.
- It has Air Dry feature that can dry every single cloth.
- It has a multi-utility tray and a powerful impeller for quick cleaning.
- It comes with collar scrubber. It can effectively remove dirt from collar and cuff.
What we like
- It is excellent for three to four members.
- The pulsator technology creates a strong stream of water.
- It is ergonomically friendly.
8. Whirlpool 7 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (WHITEMAGIC ELITE, Grey)
Save INR 4,460.00 ( 22% )
(as of 25/03/2019 20:20 IST - Details)
View on Amazon
Whirlpool Whitemagic is the automated top load washing machine available under Rs 16000. It is one of the best washing machines in India. It is an appliance one can rely upon since it comes with all special wash functions. The body is made of plastic of high quality that makes it rust resistant.
- Its overall capacity is 7 kg and is suitable for three to four people.
- Whirlpool Whitemagic has a SPA wash system that is better than an ordinary washtub. It washes clothes very smoothly.
- Its Power Scrub Technology along with 3D Scrub pads does a deep cleansing of dirt from the clothes.
- Whirlpool Whitemagic has smart sensors that automatically check the high and low voltage. They also monitor the water level.
- The washing machine is loaded with amazing features. Smart lint filter is one of them. It removes all impurities during the wash. It operates as a 6th sense technology because it monitors the weight of fabrics inside the washer. It alerts you when it needs detergent.
- It has ZPF technology that fills the water 50% faster.
- The Warranty is of 2 years on the product and 10 years on the motor.
- It comes with Steel Drum, 12 Wash Programs, Child-proof Lock, Digital Display, Washing Pipe, Inlet and Drain Pipe.
- It spins the cloth stuff with 340 maximum RPM speed. Its input voltage is 230 Volts, and energy consumption is 360 Watts.
- It comes with a power scrub technology that creates a superior commotion. It helps in knocking off tough dirt and gives a thorough wash.
- It has Dynamix technology that runs with low tap water.
- It comes with smart sensors that automatically sense and indicate power and water conditions.
- It detects the laundry load inside the drum and recommends detergent dosage accordingly.
What we like
- Its washing quality is excellent as it easily removes stains.
- It has Auto tub Clean feature.
- It is capable to do all kinds of washing. You can use hot water to remove stubborn stains.
- It is budget friendly.
9. Bosch 6.5 Kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (WOE654W0IN, White)
Bosch is one of the popular washing machine brands in India. Bosch washing machines fulfil your washing needs. It will give full comfort while washing clothes and drying. It is a fully automated top loading washing machine. It comes with the 6.5 Litres load capacity.
- Its closing lid is soft. It will protect your hands from unexpected injuries.
- It has a tempered glass window that makes it easy to hold the heavyweight.
- It has a power-off memory. It restarts the washing process
- if it stops in case of power failure.
- It comes with a user-friendly control panel. It is simple and easy to use.
- Its child lock enables you to prevent all settings from being changed by your child.
- Its filter collects fluff and lint to keep your washing tub clean.
- It has many wash programs. You can choose the right one at the press of a button.
- It comes with an automatic dispenser. It is a dual dispenser that adds liquid and powder separately.
- It is able to run a machine with low water pressure of up to 0.3 bar.
- It provides an option of rinse hold.
- It consumes 360 Watts of power.
- Its operating voltage is 230 Volts.
What we like
- This washing machine by Bosch gives a perfect wash within 15 minutes.
- Its motor is mighty that operates in a silent mode. It will never disturb senior citizens.
- The machine offers freshness to the fabrics. You enjoy germs-free and hassle-free cleaning.
10. IFB 6.5 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (TL-RDW 6.5kg Aqua, Ivory White)
Save INR 400.00 ( 2% )
(as of 25/03/2019 20:20 IST - Details)
View on Amazon
IFB is one of the leading brands in India for fully automatic washing machines. It is the long term washing machine for Indian households. It is a fully automatic top load washing machine that cleans clothes with less water and electricity. It uses 104 litres of water for a single wash cycle. It includes six wash programs i.e., Tub Clean, Delicate, Jeans, Express, Smart Sense and Aqua Conserve.
- Its capacity is 6.5 Kg. It has 8 different wash programs for washing heavy jeans and delicates.
- Its spinner rotates with 720 maximum RPM speed.
- The washing machine requires 108 litres of water with 0.3 to 0.8 bars pressure.
- It contains safety lock, auto-balance, wash mode memory backup and auto voltage protection system.
- It has a separate dispenser for adding bleaching powder with hands.
- It gives Aqua Spa Therapy, and its soft scrub pads remove tough stains from the cloth.
- Its 3D wash system soaks the clothes faster.
- It uses 360 Watts of power, 220 to 240 voltage, 50 Hz frequency.
- It has an air bubble wash Leveller that reduces the vibrations. Plus, it helps to run the machine for a long time.
- The Warranty is of 4 years on product and 4 years on the motor.
- Its inner drum is made of stainless steel. It comes with a digital display screen that allows you to choose the wash program according to your need.
What we like
- It is suitable for all types of fabrics.
- It does the deep cleaning of heavily soiled fabrics.
- It is gentle on clothes but tough on the stains.
Best Washing Machine Brands in India
What Are the Types of Washing Machines?
Based on the function type and load type, washing machines are of three types:
Front Load Washing Machine
Front loading washing machines are expensive. But these are highly efficient as compared to top load washing machines.
Front Load Washing Machines work with a tumbling action. It makes sure that the clothes require less water to soak.
It consumes less electricity, less detergent, less water to cleans your garments fresh. It reduces noise level and drying time. However, the complete wash cycle is 1.5 to 2 hour long.
It is a good buy for those who have kids and babies at home. From removing the poop and pee stains to washing heavily soiled baby clothes, it is quite beneficial.
In a Front Load Washing Machine, the rotating drum turns the clothes back into water. The capacity of Front loading washing machines is high. It helps you to add garments at once without losing cleaning performance. Front loader machines have longer cycles as compared to the top loader machines.
Please note that Front Load Washing Machines require water pressure of 1 bar. So, the vertical height of the water supply tank must be at least 16.5 feet from the washing machine. The dryer cycles are shorter.
So, if there is a shortage of water and electricity, you can opt for a front load washing machine.
Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
If you are on a tight budget, then this washing machine would be a better option.
A top loading washing machine is user-friendly. It is the best option for those who have trouble bending down and picking up things.
Top load washing machines have lesser features compared to front load machines.
It is an ideal washing machine for bachelors and small families. If you have trouble in bending down then, the automatic top load washing machine is useful for you. However, these machines consume more electricity.
How to Choose a Washing Machine for Home?
Today, the world is running at a high speed. No one wants to lag behind.
Fully Automatic Washing Machine gives real comfort. It saves a lot of time and saves our body from fatigue.
The price of a washing machine isn’t low like daily soap. In fact, it is a huge investment. So whatever washing machine model you buy for your home, it is essential that it must be worth spending money. You should have a good knowledge of popular brands and energy efficiency rating.
You find a variety of best front load and top load washing machines in India along with automatic and semi-automatic models. It becomes difficult to deduce how well the machine will work, how much water will it consume and what would be its running cost on the basis of electricity bills.
Here, we’ll try to clear all these queries. We have explained some of the important factors you should consider if you are planning to buy a new washing machine.
Washing Machine Type
Whatever type of washing machine you choose, if you don’t use the right amount of detergent, multiples wash cycles will be required. It leads to power and water wastage.
There are three types of fully automatic washing machines i.e., Top Load Semi-Automatic, Top Load Fully Automatic and Front Load Fully Automatic.
Top Load Semi Automatic Washing Machine
- It is wider in size with a separate dryer and washer.
- It comes with two separate sections. One is the washing chamber, and another one is the dryer. So you have to manually transfer the clothes to the dryer or spin tub.
- Semi Automatic Washing Machines have three to four wash programs. It means you can set the temperature between 0 to 4 according to the requirement.
- Most of the semi-automatic washing machines consist of impeller wash systems. It uses less water and doesn’t require a continuous water connection. Also, it uses less electricity. To get the soapy water out, it requires a water inlet. It has a nominal price.
Top Load Fully Automatic Washing Machine
- Since it has an affordable price everyone can buy it with ease. It consists of a transparent door lid at the front side instead of the top. That’s why it is called a front load washing machine.
- Running flow of water is required.
- It comes with 10 to 15 washing temperature programs. It is suitable for all kinds of fabrics. These machines have a single drum where both the washing and drying is done.
- It has an auto backup system that will never interrupt your previous setting after power cuts. It also needs a water supply source near the washing machine. It comes with quadra flow pulsator that helps in rotating the things completely. It creates a multi-directional water flow for cleaning clothes efficiently.
- These machines don’t require any manual intervention. Once the machine starts working, you can’t add clothes into the machine.
Whirlpool washing machines use some of the latest technologies such as Sixth Sense Softmove Technology, SteamCare Technology, etc.
The soft move technology is able to change the drum movements according to the type of fabric. It offers different wash types such as a soft cradle, power shower, etc. Steam Care Technology uses steam to prevent wrinkles.
Front Load Fully Automatic Washing Machine
There are many top selling front load washing machines available in India. There are modern, attractive and fully automatic models of washing machines.
- Front load machines include 100 wash modes and a thermostat feature that is helpful to control the water temperature. It has variable spin speed options to dry the clothes. It has the highest number of wash programs compared to the other washing machines.
- Few brands of Front Load Washing Machine in India comes with Inverter direct drive technology, LED display and touchscreen panel.
- Conventional motors have movable parts. A lot of friction is involved. Whereas, a Direct Drive Motor results in less friction as the moving parts such as gears and belts are removed. It is done to save electricity that lost in friction while running a gearbox. So, washing machine with direct drive technology works silently.
- Automatic washing machines don’t require to transfer clothes. Some high-end models consist of a softener dispenser. Whereas in some machines, you might have to add fabric softeners at the end of the cycle.
Washing Machine Size and Capacity
It is an important factor to consider before buying a washing machine.
The capacity of a washing machine is the weight of clothes a washing machine can handle at a time. In other words, it is the amount of load, a washing machine can handle.
The capacity of a washing machine depends on two factors:
Size of the Family
6 Kg machine is suitable for small family size. It can easily carry the weight of 4 to 5 shirts or trousers, 1 Bed sheet and 2 to 3 Towels.
8 Kg is ideal for a large family. It can hold 6 to 7 shirts, 3 Bedsheets, 5 Towels, 7 to 8 Trousers in a single time.
10 kg load capacity is sufficient for four to five members. It can easily lift the load of 9 Trousers and Shirts, 8 Towels, 5 Bed Sheets.
The number of clothes you wash per cycle also determines the capacity of a washing machine.
In a house where clothes are washed once or twice a week, one must go for a washing machine with a large capacity.
In case you wash your clothes frequently, or there is less space in your home, you can opt for a washing machine with a smaller capacity.
Semi-Automatic washing machines consume 20 Litres of water to run a washing cycle. Whereas, Top Load and Front Load machines require 40 to 50 Litres of water.
Many people use hot water cycle to clean the clothes. Plus, they use dryers to dry them.
Many Front Load washing machines come with an inbuilt heater. They dry up the fabric to a higher degree.
This feature provides ease of washing clothes in the winters. You can fix the temperature setting from cold upto 95° Celsius. Moreover, this function dries clothes faster in the winters.
The clothes of a patient need to be disinfected regularly. So, this feature is a washing machine is also beneficial for those who have a family member suffering from a disease. Although the option of hot water wash isn’t a highly energy-efficient method but it delivers a better output.
Many top load machine models don’t have temperature control settings. Such machines consist of two-inlet pipes for hot and cold water.
Auto Select or Fuzzy Logic
It is one of the great features of a washing machine. Many of the washing machine models these days, come with an Auto Select Feature. It automatically determines the weight of laundry; detergent, time and water required.
It displays the time left for a washing cycle to complete.
Child Lock Feature
It is an important factor to be considered while buying a washing machine. With this feature, the panel of a washing machine is locked. It prevents children from disturbing the wash-cycle. It also ensures child safety.
Delay Start Function
It is one of the special features of a washing machine. This feature allows users to set the time, as well as, a 24-hour time delay setting. It allows you to delay wash cycle. It becomes quite easy to schedule the laundry time according to your suitability.
Innovative Drum Technology
A drum is one of the most important parts of any washing machine. The design of a drum plays an important role to get a high-quality wash.
Different manufacturers use different innovative technologies. For example, the best selling washing machine from brands like Bosch uses VarioDrum Technology. This technology ensures safe and careful washing. The machine employs the flat side of the paddle for cleaning clothes. You can see the different movements of the paddle as the drum changes its spinning direction.
Samsung uses Diamond Drum Technology. It has diamond-shaped depressions that prevent the clothes from sticking to the drum.
Auto Detergent Dispenser
Too much or too little of detergent destroys the washing performance. This feature in high-end models automatically determines the quantity of detergent required by the load.
Anti Vibration Technologies
During a spin cycle, the vibration levels are at its maximum. Ant Vibration Technology employs high-tech sensors to eliminate the vibrations. It adjusts the drum motion and helps in maintaining the load balance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Washing Machine is Suitable for hard water?
Hard Water is a common problem in various places across the country. It is quite difficult to dissolve the detergent in the hard water.
If we use hard water for washing fabrics, white layers of the residue get accumulated around the drum and the supply pipe and choke them. To tackle this problem, manufacturers use hard water treatment technology in their new models. They can convert hard water to soft water. They adjust their performance according to the hardness of the water.
If you are buying a washing machine that can treat hard water, make sure that it contains a filter that converts the bicarbonates in the hard water into fine crystals.
If your budget is high, you should definitely purchase the IFB 8 kg Fully Automatic-Front Loading Washing Machine. IFB machines have an inbuilt water softener. It is considered as one of the best washing machine in India. It is compatible to perform all functions with hard water. It also provides high-quality wash results. Its price is also reasonable.
Which Washing Machine is better, Auto Top Load or Auto Front Load?
Both the top loading and front loading washing machines reduce the time required to wash the clothes.
There are many washing machine brands in the Indian market, but the Front load washing machines are more efficient as compared to the automatic top load washing machines.
It uses one-third of water, power, and detergent than a top loading machine. But top load washing machines are also user-friendly and easy to use.
Top load machines are less expensive than Front load machines. Top loading machine is an ideal choice for small families and singles.
What is Lint Filter in Washing Machines?
It is a small mesh filter which collects the heavy dirt from inside the washer. There are many Top Loading Washing Machines that come with this feature to trap the clothes dust. Lint filters improve fabric quality after wash.
Are Semi Automatic washing machines are suitable for all kinds of clothes?
Yes, there are many semi-automatic machines that are suitable for washing all types of clothing. You can clean woollen, silk, chiffon, sarees, bedsheets, cushions, kids wear, synthetic, cotton, denim, heavy jeans, etc. It will never damage your expensive clothes.
Can we wash clothes with hot water?
Yes, you can clean garments with hot water. It will never harm your clothes. Even hot water is very effective for oil removal from bed sheets and bath towels.
Does a Top Load Washing Machine eat more electricity?
No, it is not necessary that using a top loading machine leads to high consumption of electricity. In fact, top load machines take less time to dry cloth. It rinses the water from all dresses within 5 minutes.
Are IFB Washing Machines good for domestic use?
Yes, a washing machine of IFB is good choice for domestic use. Its electricity consumption is less. It uses various latest technologies such as the smart inverter technology, motion technologies, motion direct drive technology, noise reduction technology and the washing technology. All these make our job easy and gives us a hassle-free efficient wash.
Inverter Technology in washing machines is the best of all the technologies.
A conventional washing machine has a motor designed to run for a fixed load. But, inverter technology makes the machine run at a speed that is optimum for the load on the machine. It means your machine runs at variable speeds.
This smart technology increases the efficiency of the machine. It helps you in saving electricity.
Which washing machines are desirable for nuclear families?
A semi-automatic washing machine is sufficient for two to three number of people. Their price is reasonable. Anyone can buy it with ease.