In A Hurry? Our Top 3 Picks To Buy
When we talk about life-changing technologies, most of us think about the advancement in medical science, communication and computing. Have you ever thought about the Washing Machine?
A Washing Machine is one of the essential home appliances that became widespread in the 20th century.
Probably, it’s been a long time for most of us when we washed our clothes with our hands. Those days are gone when one would spend the entire day washing clothes.
This time-savvy miracle technology eliminates manual labour, giving unmatched freedom to women across the globe!
Today, we throw a bundle of sweaty, dirty or stained clothes into a washing machine; and get them clean and dry within some minutes. Thanks to the incredible efficiency of a washing machine!
Buying a Washing Machine isn’t an everyday thing and has proved to be quite challenging for the customers. It is a long-term investment for every Indian home. So, you need to choose wisely.
With so many variants available in the market, finding the best one isn’t an easy task.
We have prepared a list of Best Washing Machine in India 2019 based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our Washing Machines buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Which are the Top 10 Best Washing Machine in India 2019?
1. Bosch 7 kg Fully Automatic Washing Machine
It is a German engineered fully-auto machine. It is the Best Washing Machine that comes with an expert and soft-wash for new and pricey clothes. With ExpressWash, it gives better cleaning in 60 minutes and saves precious quality time.
This WAK24268IN is the replacement of Bosch’s older model WAK24168IN that comes with a premium quality material. It makes it a long-lasting product for years. It gives an excellent result to the user within couples of the minute. With Auto-Vibration design and imbalance system, it manages the shaking of the machine while washing.
The Active Water feature comes with multiple sensors; it auto-senses the laundry weight and auto-adjusts the water level according to it. The Volt Check feature comes to deal with power-fluctuations and cutoff; it auto-resumes the last wash-cycle settings when the electricity is back. It comes with the SpeedPerfect feature for reducing wash-time by 65%.
- The load capacity of this machine is 7kg.
- It is ideal for families with 3 to 4 members.
- It needs a 230 Volts of power-supply.
- The maximum spin speed is 1200 RPM.
- The noise level of washing is 55 dB and spinning is 74 dB.
- The body-colour of the washer is silver.
- Its form-factor is front-loading, and installation type is free-standing.
- The package contains one inlet-pipe, drain-hose and user-manual.
- It comes with Vario Drum that removes spots with gentle-care.
- It allows for putting clothes by opening the door early in the cycle.
- It has a child-lock safety feature that locks the keys to avoid settings from being changed by the kid.
- It has a big tub capacity that has a maximum space for better washing-movements.
- It comes with the water-filter that can fit with any tap-size.
- The Allergy Plus program offers hygienic and allergy-free wash.
- It has an inbuilt-heater that increases the temperature of the water as per washing purpose.
What we like
- It comes with a large LED display that displays different working-function settings.
- It gives the best washing results with minimal efforts.
- It provides peaceful washing even at night by producing a less level of noise.
- It can even work on the low water pressure of 0.3 bar. So, it is best for areas in India that face the water pressure issue.
- It can reduce electricity usage and helps to save money on electric bills.
- It is best for delicate fabric like silk, chiffon while washing.
- It does not need a battery to work.
- It gives you an option of doing hot water wash.
- It works at the excellent spin speed.
- The company provides a warranty of two years on the product and ten years on the motor.
2. IFB Senator Aqua SX 8 kg Front Load Fully Automatic Washing Machine
It is the Best Washing Machine in India that can deliver perfect wash every-time with its power-packed special features. This washing machine meets all the needs of washing. With aqua-filter treatment, it dissolves washing powder fast and gives a soft-wash like a hand. With aqua Energie feature it lets the detergent mix evenly.
The Ball Valve Technology keeps the washing powder in the machine while water-running out. The IFB is the only brand in the market that gives 100% super warranty of four-years on motor and product, and ten years part support. With 3D wash feature, it washes and rinses cycle using a shower system.
- Its washing load capacity is 8-Kilograms.
- It has a free-standing type of installation, and the form-factor is front loading.
- Its body-colour is silver, and the door-colour is chrome.
- It uses 240 Volts of electricity.
- It is the best for the families that have 5 to 6 members.
- Its water capacity is 60 Litres.
- It comes with useful components like drain-hose, inlet-pipe, and protective rat mesh.
- It has a foam-control washing process that has unique sensors. It prevents excess form formation.
- It has a clean-tub feature that drys it after washing. It increases the lifespan of the product.
- It comes with laundry add option. It allows you to put the item in it after the washing has started.
- It has an auto-balanced system that auto-detects the unbalanced clothes. It readjusts the laundry for a problem-free wash.
- It comes with a smooth crescent moon drum. It can produce a soft-water cushion to avoid any harm.
What we like
- It comes with a child safety feature for preventing children from playing them by freezing the machine’s settings.
- It is effortless to clean.
- It needs no battery to operate.
- It has an air bubble wash feature.
- It provides convenient operations.
- It is completely safe to use.
- It comes with a user-manual with important instruction.
- The brand provides a free-demo and installation-service.
3. IFB Senorita Aqua SX 6.5 kg Fully-Automatic Washing Machine
This IFB 6.5kg washing machine fulfils your washing needs. It will give full support while washing-clothes and drying. It is a Fully Automated, Front Loading Washing Machine. It comes with the 6.5 Litres load capacity. It has a powerful feature called Cradle wash that gives gentle washing to silks, laces, satins and chiffons. The Low and High Voltage Protection continuous volt-check the voltage fluctuations, if voltage passes above or below a safe level, it pauses the program and resumes when the level gets stabilise.
This Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing machine guarantees less water and energy-wastage. It consumes less energy and corrects the unbalance in-load. It is one of the Best Washing Machine in India that provides a fast cleansing and a brilliant look to the fabric. It’s never going to create any lousy smell after the dryer in washed-clothes.
- Its operating voltage is 240 Volts.
- Its energy consumption is 2200 watts.
- It comes with a drain-hose, protective rat mesh, user-manual, and inlet-pipe.
- It has a load capacity of 6.5kg.
- It offers a total of 100 wash programs. You can choose the right one at the press of a button.
- It has three dimensional that gives cleaner and richer wash.
- Its aqua-energie mode treats hard-water.
- It has a crescent-moon drum that provides a deep but gentle wash.
- It is made of a stainless steel body that makes it rust-free and long-running product.
- It has a child lock safety feature. It disables the control panel when a child is playing.
- Its Foam control system gives a spill-free wash.
- With the auto-imbalance system, it manages the unevenly distributed load to balance itself out.
What we like
- This washer by Bosch gives a perfect cleanse within 15-minutes.
- Its motor is mighty that operates in a silent mode. It will never disturb senior citizens.
- It offers freshness to your dresses. You enjoy germs-free and hassle-free cleaning.
- It assures more durability and reliability.
- It offers maximum convenience to the users.
4. Whirlpool Fresh Care 8 kg Inverter Fully Automatic Washing Machine
Whirlpool is the most famous and trusted brand of washing machines and other electronics items. It is the Best Front Load Washing Machine that comes with an A+++ triple energy rating under this brand. Whirlpool designs and manufactures it in Europe. This type of range brings superior European craftsmanship to India the first time.
It is the most energy efficient best in class product in the Indian market. They are made to save energy by providing high-performance. With 6th Sense Soft Move, it auto-senses the load and adapts drum movement. This minimises friction and maximises-performance while washing at all times.
The main advantage of this machine is that it has SteamCare Technology. While rinsing it draws out all residues. It gives freshness to clothes up to six hours after the post-wash cycle. It stops odour formation and removes bacteria and allergens. Now, get rid of terrible everyday laundry chores with this all-in-one appliance.
- It can hold a capacity of 8-Kilograms.
- The operating-voltage is 230 Volts.
- It has a maximum rotational speed of 1200 RPM.
- The installation-type of this machine is free-standing.
- It is equipped with inbuilt-heater that warms the water to fight with tough-stains.
- It is available in a white coloured sleek and stylish design.
- It has a powerful IntelliSense Motor at the heart of the machine. This smart inverter motor uses fewer parts.
- It comes with the inverter-technology and high-quality pipe. It is best for water in-letting and suitable with any tap.
- It has six unique drum movements for different item-types. It uses a direct-drive technique.
- It’s 15 degree feature uses the softener to avoid the colour-fading. While offering excellent-cleaning, it uses cold-water to protect the colours of the cloths.
- This Front Loading Washing Machine has a Clean+ option that works at three different-levels – intensive, daily and fast. This option sets the right washing action as per the consumer cleaning needs.
- It comes with the best and the most useful 14 wash programs or modes. It fulfils all the needs of laundry by delivering a complete experience.
- It has a big digital display that shows all working-settings in one place. It gives access to all washing functions.
What we like
- It comes with a shipping cap.
- It has the best design for making loading and unloading easy.
- The motor work quiets without generating any noise.
- It is certified as per European-Standards.
- It comes with a two year warranty and five years on motor.
- The brand provides an installation-guide for the proper installation of the machine.
- It also comes with a reference guide with safety-instructions.
5. Samsung 8 kg Fully Automatic Front Load Washing Machine
Samsung is the world-famous company in the field of electronic items. This device from this company helps to saves Energy and gives Best Wash Quality. It is one of the impressive product due to its beautiful and elegant design. The Transculent Crystal Gloss Door gives a beautiful look to the machine. So, it is the ideal washing machine in India for your home. This is one of the best in its segment.
With Eco Air Bubble Wash, there is a significant saving of a massive amount of energy by washing large loads at a low-temperature setting. During washing cycle, bubbles activate detergent, quickly enters the cloths and remove dirt with ease. Its quick wash program and inverter-technology is the complete-solution for a busy life. This Samsung washing machine quickly cleanses the soiled-clothes and lets the person enjoy more time with themselves.
It is the Best Washing Machine in India because it comes with an in built heater that auto-adjusts the water-temperature. With the help of this feature, it allows cleaning with hot water. So, it is a complete machine for your household that performs all washing needs.
- It has an 8-Kilograms capacity.
- It is perfect for families that have 5 or more members.
- Its installation-type is free-standing, and the form-factor is front loading.
- It works at 220 Volts.
- It comes with 1200 rpm and gives faster drying time.
- It has an Intensive-Strain Removal with Bubble Soak Technology. It loosened and removed a variety of stubborn-stains even at 15-degree celsius.
- This front loading washing machine comes with a Digital Inverter Motor and direct drive function. It gives higher energy efficiency and excellence in the long run.
- It provides troubleshooting-solutions with ease by using a smartphone app. The Smart Check Automatic Error-Monitoring System detects and solves the problems. So, it saves time and cut the cost of engineer callouts.
- It gives chemical-free tub sanitisation by Eco Drum Clean functionality. It keeps the washer clean without the use of the harsh chemical. It auto-notifies when it needs cleaning.
- It has a unique soft-curl design Diamond Drums that provides gentle fabric-care for your apparels.
- It has a small water-exit hole. It gives protection from trapping.
What we like
- It saves time on smaller loads of washing-clothes.
- It is certified to work for 23 years.
- It can withstand higher spin speed.
- These models are coming with troubleshooting app is available for both Android and iPhone devices.
- It produces less noise and gives the best washing.
- It cleanses the tub without the use of harmful chemicals.
- Its price is quite cheap.
- The brand gives a one year warranty on the product and five years on the motor.
6. LG T7581NDDLG 6.5 kg Inverter Fully-Automatic Washing Machine
It is one of the Best Washing Machine in India that delivers the most Powerful Washing with Multi Water Flow. With its innovative-system, it reduces wasted operations and controls energy use.
The Smart Motion with air Turbo Drum enhance the way of washing and provides the best performance. The smart inverter technology manages the tub-movements for the better care of the apparels. It can remove the hard-stains from the cloths through the powerful water-stream.
The Motor adjusts the power-consumption at maximum level as per the need. The motor of this fully-automatic top loading washing comes with BMC Motor Protection that leaves the engine free from dirt, insects and humidity. It fights stains through Punch+ 3, it creates a stream in the vertical direction and mixes laundry up & down for even washing result.
- Its wash capacity is 6.5 Kilograms.
- It needs 220 Volts to work.
- It comes in the middle-free silver coloured-body.
- It comes with extra components that are drainage-pipe.
- The housing material is stainless steel that makes it more durable for long-life.
- It comes with SmartThinQ app that can diagnosis up to 86 errors. Its smart diagnosis the issues or failures and gives problem-free washing.
- It has an Auto Restart mode that helps in case of power-failures. It auto-restarts the washing process when the power is back.
- It’s Automatic Pre Wash with Normal Wash is a one-touch solution to remove stains with one touch of a button.
- It comes with a Tub-Clean function for hygienic washing. It cleans the tub from inside and outside and sanitises it to keep it away from odour.
- Its child-lock function that secures the all-setting from being changed by a child.
What we like
- It gives quick wash for soiled or unclear clothes up to 2 kg.
- Its air-dry mode keeps the tub from getting smelly and reduces the drying time by decreasing the moisture level of laundry.
- It gives quick cleaning by delivering detergent-free clothes.
- It has a unique program for washing jeans and woollen-fabric.
- There is no use of the plastic in the machine that keeps it free from rust and germs.
- This automatic top load washing machine comes with an extended motor-life that gives efficient operation at all times.
- It is 100% waterproof that gives protection from electric currents.
- It delivers stable operation and makes less noise & vibration.
- It works without a battery that makes it money-saving.
- It comes with a warranty of two years on the product and on the motor for 10 years.
7. LG P7550R3FA 6.5 kg Semi-Automatic Washing Machine
This is the best washing machine that enhances washing-performance. These semi-automatic machines come with special and unique features to give a durable and optimum performance every time. Its Roller Jet Pulsator causes added friction to clothes, thus removes dust & mites effectively. With rat away technology, it keeps rats away. This model from LG is popular in the India market.
It gives proper-care and less damage while wash-cycle and makes it ultra-clean. The spinning shower washes-off all the soap-residual from clothes during a spin-cycle. With collar scrubber, scrubs cuffs and collars effectively. The air-dry system can ensure your garments get dried up to 30% to 40% faster than line drying alone.
- It has a washing capacity of 6.5 kg.
- It power-consumption is 360 watts.
- It has a white and dark grey-coloured luxury body.
- It has a max rotational speed of 1300RPM.
- It is a free-standing machine that can fill laundry from the top.
- It comes with components like a hose, owner, and service-manual.
- These semi-automatic washing machines supports three wash programs, including gentle, normal, or strong.
- It comes with a rat away technology. It has a 3mm plastic cover with rat repellent Chemical.
- It has a spin shower that washes-off all the soap residual during the twirl-cycle.
- The lint collector can collect all the fibre detached while washing.
What we like
- It makes low noise and vibration throughout washing.
- It is the best choice that saves time and money.
- The company provides two years of a comprehensive warranty.
- This automatic top loading washing machine can provide dual benefits by saving both water and energy.
- It has a collar scrubber feature for scrubbing.
- Its roller jet pulsator provides perfect cleaning-output.
- It can take more clothes than many similar machines.
8. Samsung 6.2 kg Fully-Automatic Top load Washing Machine
This Fully-Automatic Top Load Washing Machine comes with a peace of mind to allow you to enjoy the pleasant washing experience. This Samsung WA62M4100HY Machine has an elegant blue LED display design. The Diamond Drum comes with a unique soft-curl design, it ridges in a diamond shape that is gentle to clothes and provides the best operation.
With Wobble mechanism, it gently takes extra-care while washing. This fully-automatic top loading machine can protect the cloth from tangles, twist, knots and damage. Its wobble pulsators produce a multi-directional and dynamic washing-flow. This Samsung washing machine smoothly and can thoroughly clean clothes with increased washing-power. Thus, its powerful and the best features make it one of the valuable home appliances for home use. Its features include air-turbo drum, auto restart and magic filter.
- Its washing capacity is 6.2 kg.
- It is suitable for 3 to 4 members of the family.
- It comes in an imperial silver-coloured classy design.
- It needs 220 Volts to operate.
- It is made of stainless steel that makes this product a long-running for many years.
- It has a built-in sink with ActivWash+ for difficult-stains. It processes elegant and pre-treat heavy solid clothes. Its water-level jet starts and stops at the push of a switch.
- It has a powerful filtration system for washing of laundry.
- The filter gathers the lint, fluff, and dust-particles for hygiene and guards the drainage against clogging.
- It has small water-exit holes on the tub to protect the cloth from being trapped and damage.
- It comes with the Eco Tub Clean feature for keeping the machine cleansed. It cleans the washer without the use of harmful-chemicals and auto-notifies when it needs cleaning.
What we like
- It is compact.
- It display gives information about the selected program for easy access.
- With air turbo (Monsoon) it lessens the drying-time in the best possible manner.
- You can maintain with ease on a regular basis.
- It comes with a magic filter to trap lint.
- It has a tempered glass window.
- It comes with a warranty of 2 years on the product.
- The brand provides customer care support service for any product related assistance. The contact-number is 1-800-726-7864.
9. Whirlpool 6.5 kg Fully-Automatic Washing Machine
This is the best washing machine that provides No. 1 cleaning-performance. The Power Scrub Technology comes with state of the art design and can ensure best-in-class washing-performance. It lessens the amount of lint generated and gives a smoother wash. With ZPF technology, it fills tub faster. Its powerful features remove up to 40* tough-stains. It promises excellent cleaning-results with no cloth damage in the best possible ways.
It comes with the most comprehensive edge to edge, one-piece glass cover. Its lid gives better and secure drum access. With Smart Sensors, it auto-senses and indicates the low voltage conditions. Upon the successful recovery of energy and water levels, it auto-start working without manual interference.
- It has a load capacity of 6.5 kg.
- Its operating voltage is 220 Volts.
- It is available in graphite-colour.
- It comes with a Spa Wash system. It has agipeller with spa drum that washes-clothes with the specially designed prime move and makes clothes rub against each other for better output.
- It has a soft-close lid that has a hydraulic mechanism. It gives protection to the glass-lid from any damage.
- It has DynaMix that properly mixes the detergent.
- It has a hard water feature that gives 20% better result.
- It comes with four levels of drying system that gives better drying results for different types of stuff.
- It comes with one inlet-pipe, outlet-pipe and user-manual.
- It comes with the ZPF technology that can fill the tub faster even when the pressure is low.
- The Detergent Dosage auto-senses the extra-laundry.
What we like
- It is simple to install and use.
- It has a useful 8 wash programs for delicates, massive bedsheet, sari, woollens, stain wash, woollens, whites, rinse-dry, dry-only, aqua store, wash one.
- It combines the best of technologies for performing great washing.
- It comes with a warranty of 2 years on the product and motor.
- With 6th Sense 1-2-3 Tech, you can do laundry easily.
- It comes with the powerful scrub technology for washing the clothes well.
What we didn’t like
- It doesn’t have Bloomwash function.
10. Haier 6 Kg Fully Automatic Top Load Washing Machine
This Fully-Automatic Top Load Washing Machine comes with Fuzzy Logic Control for effective washing of laundry. It is the most useful and high-performing washing machine in India for the household. It is made with a stainless steel drum; it gives the best washing comfort with a loading capacity of 6 kg.
This fully-automatic top loading washing machine has a Hi-tec sensor that auto-senses the extra-added laundry and washing time. With practical features, it makes the washing experience exceptional and makes life easy. It has an LED feature that displays readings and let you to select the wash system-setting as per the need. Thus, it is a combo of perfect size and large capacity that makes it ideal for home use.
- Its energy-consumption is 325 Kilowatt Hours annually, and the operating-voltage is 220 Volts.
- The max spin speed is 700 RPM that gives efficient cleaning.
- It comes in grey colour and sleek design.
- It comes with a memory backup that plays a crucial task in case of power-failures. It auto-resumes the washing when the power is back.
- It has a unique Double Level Spin Tub that gives gentle washing to delicate ones. The bottom of the steel drum is made for the lesser damage of the fabric. The upper portion of the drum has holes that drain-out lint and residue.
- This top-loading washing machine makes a secure and comfortable loading. Its storage capacity is 9 kg.
Soft Fall Technology gives a smooth-opening process to lightweight lids.
- It has a toughened glass lid that is strong. It comes with a reflective surface layer that adds the aesthetic appeal of the laundry room.
- It has a rust-free plastic body that stops the formation of rust in the unit. It makes clothes-cleaning easier for better unit maintenance.
What we like
- Its high-spin speed gives access to drain the water at the end of washing.
- This fully automatic top load washing machine comes with six useful higher wash programs.
- It comes with additional options for a quick wash, half-load, memory function, spin speed, rinse cycle and drain.
- It offers the best after-sale services.
- It is a user-friendly machine.
- Its cost is nominal.
- The brand gives a warranty of two years on product and five years on motor.
Top 10 Washing Machines in India 2019
|Washing Machine||Load||Capacity (Kg)|
|IFB Senator Aqua SX||Front||8|
|IFB Senorita Aqua SX||Front||6.5|
|Whirlpool Fresh Care 8212||Front||8|
|Whirlpool Whitemagic Classic 652 SD||Top||6.5|
Best Washing Machine Brands in India 2019
Other Models That You May Consider
- LG FH0FANDNL02 6 kg Inverter Fully-Automatic Front Load Washing Machine
- LG T7281NDDLG/ T7288NDDLG/GD 6.2 kg Inverter Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
- Bosch WAB16060IN 6 kg Fully-Automatic Front Load Washing Machine
- Bosch 6.5 kg Fully-Automatic Washing Machine
- Haier HWM58-020 5.8 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
- Samsung WT725QPNDMP 7.2 kg Semi-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
- Whirlpool 7.0 Superb Atom 7 kg Semi-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
What Are the Types of Washing Machines?
Based on the load type and function-type, washing machines are of three types:
Fully Automatic Front Loading Machine
Front-loading washing machines are a bit expensive. But these are highly efficient as compared to the top load washing machine.
Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machines work with a tumbling action. It makes sure that the clothes need less amount of water to soak. It needs less electricity, less detergent, less amount of water for your clothes. It reduces noise level and drying time. However, the overall wash cycle is 1.5 to 2 hour long.
This home appliance is a good buy for those who have babies at home. From removing the poop and pee stains to heavily soiled baby dresses, it is quite beneficial for washing.
In a Front Loading Washing Machine, the rotating drum turns the clothes back into the water. The capacity of Front Loading Washing Machines is large. It helps you to add garments at once without losing cleaning-performance and needs a longer-cycle.
Please note that Front-Loading Washing Machine requires water pressure of 1 bar. So, the vertical height of the supply-tank must be at least 16.5 feet from the machine, but this is not a primary concern for Indian Homes. The dryer cycles are shorter.
So, if there is a shortage of water and electricity in smaller towns and cities in India, you can go for front loaders machine.
Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
Fully-Automatic Top Loading washing machine is loaded from the top. The top-loading washing machine is a good choice for those who want a machine in which they don’t need to bend down to put the washing stuff. It usually takes up less space.
In the fully-auto machine, you need to set the functions of your wash, and then the washer take-care of the rest from washing to the drawing. It needs a running water source to complete the automatic-cycle.
Some top-loaders are made to adding laundry after the wash-cycle had started. It has a lower cost than front loading fully-automatic machine.
Semi-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
If you are on a tight budget, then a Semi Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine would be the perfect.
The semi-automatic machines are a popular choice in India and user-friendly. This appliance is the best for those who have trouble bending down and picking up things.
Top-loaders have limited features compared to front-load machines.
These automatic washing machines are suitable for small Indian families and bachelors. If you have difficulty in bending-down then, the automatic top-load washing machine is useful for you. However, these machines consume more electricity.
How to Choose the Best Washing Machine for Home?
The world is running at high speed. No one wants to lag.
Fully Automatic Machine gives real-comfort. It saves a lot of time and protects our body from fatigue.
The price of a machine is not low, like a daily soap. So whatever model you buy for your home, it must be worth spending money. You should have a good knowledge of famous washing-machine brands and energy efficiency rating. There are some home appliances for specific brands such as Onida, Godrej that focus on the economy part. If you are on a low budget you can opt for Godrej as well.
You find a variety of front or top loading washing machine in India along with automatic and semi-automatic washing machines models. The electricity bills help us in deducing that how well the machine is working with what amount of power-consumption.
These days when we go out in the market to buy any appliance, we are loaded with options. Here, we’ll try to clarify all these queries with the side-by-side comparison & pros and cons of different types of washer styles. We have explained some of the important factors with the pros and cons that you should consider or keep in mind while buying a washing machine. Choosing the washing-machine according to these factors, you will never regret it. We hope this section of this article will help you to understand which washing-machine is perfect for you.
Whatever the type of machine you choose, if you don’t use the right amount of liquid or powdered detergent, multiple wash cycles will be required. It leads to power and water wastage.
There are three types of washing machines, i.e., Semi-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine, Top-Load Fully Automatic Washing Machine and Front-Load Fully-Auto Machine.
Semi-automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
- These types of washing machines are broader in size with a separate washer and dryer.
- Semi Automatic machine comes with two separate sections. One is the washing chamber, and another one the dryer. So, It requires to transfer the fabrics from washing-chamber to dryer manually.
- They have three to four wash programs. It means you can set the temperature between 0 to 4 according to the requirement.
- Most of the semi-automatic washing machines consist of impeller wash arrangement. It uses less water and doesn’t want a continuous-connection. Also, it utilises less electricity. To get the soapy-water out, it requires an inlet. It comes in a nominal price range.
Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
- Since the fully-automatic top loading washing machines have an affordable price, everyone can buy it with ease. It consists of a transparent door lid at the front side instead of the above.
- The automatic top loading washing machines come with 10 to 15 washing temperature programs. It is suitable for all-kinds of fabrics. These machines have a single drum where both the washing and drying is done.
- It has an auto-backup system that will never interrupt your previous-setting after power cuts. It also needs a water-supply source near the machine. It comes with quadra flow pulsator that helps in rotating the things completely. It creates a multi-directional-flow for cleaning clothes efficiently.
- These fully-automatic top load washing machines do not need any manual intervention. Once the engine starts, you can’t put more garments into the machine.
- Many top-loaders in India still rely on the traditional agitator. The agitator is the old feature leftover from the last generation of washer machine. So, it is advisable not to buy top-loaders with agitators.
Whirlpool washing-machines use some of the latest technologies, such as Sixth Sense Softmove Technology, SteamCare Technology, 6th Sense Tumble Care, etc.
Soft-move technology can change drum-movements according to the type of fabric. It offers different wash types such as a soft-wash, power shower, etc. SteamCare Technology uses steam to make wrinkles free clothes.
Fully Automatic Front Loader Machines
There are many top-selling front load washing machines available in India with inherent advantages. There are modern, attractive and fully-automatic models of washing-machines.
- The front-load machine includes 100 wash modes and a thermostat feature that is helpful to control the temperature. It has variable spin speed options to dry the clothes. It has the highest number of washing programs as compared to others.
- Few brands come with smart inverter drive technology, LED display and touchscreen panel. We have also provided in-depth information about Inverter Technolgy in Washing Machines.
- Conventional motors have movable parts. A lot of friction is involved. Whereas, a Direct Drive technology Motor results in less-friction as the moving parts such as gears and belts are removable. This inverter technology helps to save electricity lost in friction while operating a gearbox. So, a machine with direct drive functionality works silently.
- Automatic machines do not require to transfer clothes. Some of the best top load models consist of a softener-dispenser. Whereas in some machines, you might have to use fabric softeners at the end of the wash-cycle.
Washing Machine Size and Capacity
It is an essential factor to consider before you buy a washing machine for your home.
The capacity of a washing machine is the weight of clothes it can handle at a time. In other words, it is the amount of load; a washing-machine can handle.
The capacity depends on two factors:
Size of the Family
6 Kg machine is the best in India for small family size. It can easily carry the weight of 4 to 5 shirts or trousers, 1 Bedsheet and 2 to 3 Towels.
8 Kg is suitable for large families. It can wash 6 to 7 shirts, 3-Bedsheets, 5 Towels, 7 to 8 Trousers in a single time.
10 kg capacity is sufficient for four to five members. It can easily lift the load of 9 Trousers and Shirts, 8 Towels, 5 Bed Sheets.
The number of clothes you wash per cycle also determines the capacity of the machine.
In a house where fabrics are washed once or twice a seven-days, one must go for the large capacity and maximum speed.
In case you wash your fabrics regularly, or there is less space in your home, you can buy a washer with a smaller capacity.
A Semi-Automatic machine utilises 20 Litres to run a wash cycle. Whereas, Top Load and Front Load washing machines require 40 to 50 Litres.
Many people use warm water cycle to wash clothes. Plus, they use dryers to dry them.
Many machines come with an in-built heater. They dry-up the fabric to a higher degree.
This feature provides ease of washing your clothes in the winters. You can fix the temperature from cold up to 95° Celsius. Moreover, hot-wash helps to dry clothes faster in the winters.
Many top-loading machine models don’t have temperature control settings. Such machines consist of two-inlet pipes for cold and warm water.
Auto Select or Fuzzy Logic
It is one of the great features. Many of the models these days, come with an Auto-Select Feature. It automatically determines the time, water and detergent needed, laundry-load.
It displays the time left for a washing cycle to complete.
Child Lock Feature
It is another essential factor to consider. With this feature, the control panel of a machine is locked. The child lock restricts children from disturbing the wash-cycle. It also ensures child-safety.
Delay Start Function
It is one of the unique features. This feature allows users to set the time, as well as a 24-hour time delay setting. It will enable you to delay the wash cycle. It becomes quite effortless to schedule the laundry time according to your suitability.
Innovative Drum Technology
A drum is one of the essential parts of it. The design of a drum plays a vital role to get high-wash quality.
Different manufacturers use different innovative technologies. For example, the best selling washing-machine brand like Bosch uses VarioDrum Technology. This technology ensures careful washing. The machine employs the flat side of the paddle for cleaning. You can see different-movements of the paddle as the drum changes its spinning direction.
Samsung uses Diamond Drum Technology. It has diamond-shaped depressions that prevent the clothes from sticking to the drum.
Auto Detergent Dispenser
Too much or too little of detergent destroys the performance of the machine. This auto-detergent feature in high-end models automatically determines the quantity of detergent demanded by the load.
Anti Vibration Technologies
During a spin cycle, the vibration-levels are at its maximum. Anti Vibration Technology uses high-tech sensors to eliminate vibrations. It adjusts the drum motion and helps in maintaining the load balance.
Some of the advanced models use a smart diagnosis that can troubleshoot the problem without the help of any technician. Many new models come with the bubble wash and drum sanitization feature. Therefore, it is a high recommendation to go for the one that is easy to use.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which Washing Machine is the best for hard water?
Hard Water is a common problem in various places across the country. It is quite difficult to dissolve the detergent in this kind of water.
If we use this for washing fabrics, white layers of the residue get accumulated around the drum and the water supply pipe and choke them.
To tackle this problem, manufacturers use hard water-treatment technology in their new models. These models can convert thick water into soft and, adjust their function according to the hardness of water, respectively.
If you are planning to invest in a machine that can treat hard water, make sure that it contains a filter that converts the bicarbonates in the hard water into fine crystals.
If your budget is high, you should purchase the IFB 8 kg Fully Automatic-Front Loading Washing Machine. IFB machines have an in-built-softener. It also provides high-quality wash results. Its price range is also reasonable.
2. Which Washing Machine Is Better, Auto Top Load Or Auto Front Load?
Both the top loading and front-loading washing machines reduce the time required to wash clothes and dry them.
There are many brands of washing-machines in the Indian market, but the front load washing machines have longer cycles that make them more efficient as compared to the automatic top loader machines.
It uses one-third of water, power, and detergent than the others. However, top loaders are also user-friendly.
Top loader machines are less expensive than the front loader machines. Hence, the top loaders are an ideal choice for small families and singles.
3. What Is Lint Filter In Washing Machines?
It is a small mesh-filter which collects the dirt from inside the washer. Many fully-automatic top loading machines come with this feature to trap the clothes dust. The lint-filter improves fabric quality after wash.
4. Is Semi Automatic Washing Machine Suitable For All Kinds Of Clothes?
Yes, many semi-automatic machines are suitable for washing all types of clothing. You can scrub woollen, silk, sarees, bedsheets, cushions, kids wear, synthetic, cotton, denim, heavy jeans, etc. It will never damage your expensive clothes.
5. Can We Wash The Clothes With Hot Water?
Yes, you can clean clothes with hot water. Even it is beneficial for oil removal from a bed sheet and bath towels.
6. Does A Top Load Washing Machine Eat More electricity?
No, it is not necessary that using a fully-automatic top loading washing machine can lead to high energy consumption. The fully automatic top load washing machine uses less time to dry cloth. It rinses the water from all dresses within 5-minutes. However, the electricity consumption based upon its usage.
7. Are IFB Washing Machines Good For Domestic Use?
Yes, IFB machines are the right choice for domestic use. It consumes less electricity. It uses various latest technologies such as motion technologies, wave motion direct drive technology, noise reduction technology and the washing technology.
All these make our job easy and gives us a hassle-free efficient washing. However, Inverter Technology in washing-machines is the best of all the technologies.
A conventional washing machine has a motor designed for a fixed load. But, this makes the engine run at a speed that is optimum for the pressure on the machine. It means your appliance runs at variable speeds according to load.
This smart technology increases the efficiency of the machine. It helps you in saving electricity.
8. Which Washing Machines Are Desirable For Nuclear Families?
A semi-auto machine is sufficient for two to three number of people. Its price is cheaper.