We sweep our rooms every day; we mop the floors daily. Then, why do the experts say that there is more dust inside the home than the outside?
Well, have a look at the ceiling fans, computer screens, rugs, carpets and sofa upholstery. Apart from these, there are many hard-to-reach areas which are difficult to clean. In addition to this, there is pet dander, pollen, microscopic dust particles, minute dirt, mites, etc. It declines indoor air quality and may cause health issues.
Cleaning isn’t just about keeping up the appearance. We need to keep our home tidy for the sake of our health too.
Whether you live in a small house or a big flat covered with carpets or left with bare floors, or filled with pets and kids, vacuum cleaners keep your surroundings clean and safe. It comes under the category of home appliances and helps a lot to the homemakers.
With so many options, it might be difficult for you to figure out how to buy a good vacuum cleaner for your house.
We have prepared a list of Best Vacuum Cleaner in India based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our Vacuum Cleaners buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 Vacuum Cleaners in India 2020 for Home & Offices
|Karcher WD 3||Wet/Dry||1000|
|Inalsa Easy Clean||Handheld||1200|
|Eureka Forbes Trendy Zip||Handheld||1000|
|Kent Force Cyclonic||Wet/Dry||2000|
|Eureka Forbes Quick Clean DX||Handheld||1200|
Which are the Top 10 Best Vacuum Cleaner in India 2020?
1. Philips PowerPro FC9352/01 Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
It is one of the Best Vacuum Cleaners that uses PowerCyclone 5 technology that helps in generating powerful suction. The soft brushes integrated on its carrying handle make it easy to clean furniture, upholstery and flat surface. Philips provides the topmost quality of home appliances to cleanse the house.
The powerful technology and power swirling action maximize the airflow performance for better cleaning results. With 1900 Watts motor, it offers deep and fast cleaning outcomes. It is hygienic while disposing of the dust particles from the air. Its unique one-hand operation makes it easy to control and a perfect choice for you.
- It comes with an EPA 10 filter to keep your home healthy.
- It comes with a turbo brush. It reduces 25% more hair and fluffy fur from the fine finished floor.
- It has a large rotation-wheel that gives jerk-free movement.
- It comes with MultiClean suction nozzle that picks dust from the ground.
- Its power consumption is 1900 Watts.
- It has a powerful suction power of 370 watts.
- It comes with 15 liters dust capacity.
- It has on hose clips accessory storage.
- Its maximum airflow rate is 37 l/s.
- Its advanced container is specifically designed to keep the cleaner.
What We Like
- Its motor-filter is washable and reusable.
- It comes with great suction and blower attachments.
- It is a small, compact and easy to store vacuum cleaner.
2. American Micronic AMI-VCD21-1600WDx
It is one of the Best Vacuum Cleaners that comes with a blower feature that is useful for both dry and wet cleaning. It comes with 2 extension pipes, one hose-pipe, upholstery, floor and carpet brush, wet brush and crevice nozzle.
The retractable power cord also supports this kind of vacuum cleaner and fulfill all cleaning requirements of your home.
- It comes with swivel wheels for smooth-movement on the carpet/floor, and it cleans the room of your house.
- It holds a warranty of 1 year.
- Its HEPA filters are of high quality.
- It comes with a 1600w motor.
- It comes with a stainless steel drum. Its capacity is 21 litres of trash.
- Its input voltage supply is 220 Volts.
- Its stainless steel frame increases its durability.
- It has the capacity for cleansing spills or even wet surfaces.
- It comes with Casters that help you to drain the water from the drum.
What We Like
- This best vacuum cleaner has a reusable dust-bin for extended use.
- It helps in eliminating dirt, pet hairs, fluid and solid scraps with ease.
3. Karcher WD 3 Multi-Purpose Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner
Karcher is a well-known service provider of cleaning technology. It is one of the Best Vacuum Cleaner that is also budget friendly.
This is an energy-efficient and super powerful vacuum cleaner. It is ideal for multipurpose cleaning. It can easily cleanse the balcony, cellar, garage, the interiors of a car, indoor and outdoor places, gardens and low water volumes, etc. Its parking position aids in the floor nozzle and the suction-tube to park easily when it is not in use.
- It has a crevice nozzle that is directly attached or removed to a suction pump. It is useful for curtains, cushions, sofas or furniture.
- It comes with three filters, namely foam filter, paper bag and textile filter. These all are suitable for wet vacuuming.
- It is made up of the high grade materials.
- Its push and pull locking system allows secure opening and closing.
- Its suction power is of 160 Air Watts. It’s suction pump collects flowers, dead leaves from the terrace or balcony.
- It uses 1000 watts of power and operates on 220 to 240 volts.
- It has a unique cartridge filter that does both dry and wet vacuum without filter replacement.
- It comes with a robust impact resistant container and blower function.
- It has an in-built blower option that can remove dust particles from the bed and hair from couch effortlessly.
- The weight of its blower is 5.5 kg without accessories.
- It additionally comes with the rods, different nozzles, floor tools, and a hosepipe. You can attach the injectors directly to the suction hose. It is useful to wipe dirt from tiniest of the places.
- The Warranty is of 1 year on the product.
What We Like
- It raises the garbage at high speed.
- It has a plastic container that can accumulate 17 litres of trash.
- Its compact size saves a lot of storage place.
- It is useful in cleaning dry and wet surfaces.
- It is ideal for pet owners who need to clean frequently.
- It can be used for cleaning both the wet and dry floor.
- It is a multi-use vacuum cleaner with a crevice tool.
- This machine has got plenty of good reviews from happy customers.
What We Didn’t Like
- Its cord-length is short.
- It is extremely helpful in cleaning carpet, chairs, beds, sofa, etc.
4. Inalsa Easy Clean Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
Inalsa is one of the leading companies in the field of Vacuum Cleaners.
It is one of the Best Vacuum Cleaner in India as it provides convenient features to make your cleaning process pretty simple.
For this, you don’t have to buy extra bags. The package includes a bag filter to extract dust particles and comes in red colour.
- It consumes 1200 Watts of power.
- It provides an air flow control switch on the handle.
- It comes with dust bag full indicator. You will easy to know when the bag becomes full of debris.
- It has an overheat protection feature for machine safety.
- The product warranty is of 2 years.
- Its operating voltage is 220 to 240 Volts.
- It includes an adjustable pipe with 2N extension hose.
- It comes with different brushes like floor, carpet brush for sofa and upholstery cleaning.
- It has an inbuilt blower capacity to trap the dust particles in minutes.
- Its cloth bag filter comes with a 2.0 L storage capacity.
What We Like
- It gives the facility to place the accessories on the unit.
- It has a long 4.5-meter power cord.
- It is strong enough for tough stains, hair.
- It comes with a shockproof body.
5. American Micronic AMI-VCC-1400WDx
This one is a canister vacuum cleaner. It is one of the Best Vacuum Cleaners that comes with a powerful motor and strong suction. It tackles with any house debris, waste and keeps the indoor environment clean. It can collect solid particles from the hard floor. It is simple and easy to use. It gives hassle free operations.
Its powerful motor uses the filter which captures grime that cause allergens. You can easily remove dirt, and pet hair with complete ease. It comes with a washable dust bag and filter.
- It comes with one year of warranty.
- Its power consumption is 1400 Watts.
- Its motor works at variable velocity.
- It has a retractable control cord.
- It comes with casters and handles. It aids you to move the machine anywhere.
- It operates at 230 Voltage.
- It provides stepless electronic control to cleanse.
- It has a telescopic extension rod.
- The multi purpose brushes are ideal for getting rid of dark spots.
- It gives the high airflow to get rid of the pet hair and debris.
What We Like
- It is an ISO certified vacuum cleaner.
- It has a perfect sleek design and body.
- It improves the quality of air that you breathe in.
- It suctions up dirt in tight places effectively.
- It has a reusable dust bag.
6. Eureka Forbes Trendy Zip Vacuum Cleaner
This one is from the Most Popular Brand for the best Vacuum Cleaner built with German technology. It gives variable airflow to eliminate sticky-dust from all the upholstery. It includes a number of accessories such as flexible hose pipe, multi purpose nozzle, etc. It comes with a user guidebook and a demo CD to explain its working mechanism.
The Eureka Trendy takes care of cleanliness whether it is your home or car. The cleaner has a lightweight, ultramodern and attractive design which looks appealing to the eyes. Not only this, it is enabled with an automatic thermal load that protects it from overheating.
- The warranty is of 12 months on the product.
- It comes with a 1000 Watt motor that provides a powerful suction force for efficient cleaning experience.
- It has auto thermal-load cut out feature. It saves your vacuum from overheat.
- It has Onboard accessory. It becomes effortless to carry the unit without removing hosepipe.
- It comes with a dust bag indicator. It will warn you as your bag gets full. So you don’t need to open it again and again.
- It has power on/off button that locates on its feet.
What We Like
- It is a stylish, attractive and handy vacuum cleaner.
- It is ideal for indoor areas.
- It is easy to move and ensures versatile cleaning.
- Since it is a canister vacuum cleaner, you don’t need to change the dirty vacuum bag from time to time.
- It has a high suction performance.
7. Kent Force Cyclonic Vacuum Cleaner
It is a bag-less type of vacuum cleaner. It can easily tackles with any household debris and keeps the worksite safe and clean. It includes a HEPA filter and Cyclonic technology. Both of them help in reducing air pollution and keep the space fresh and healthy all the time. It ensures low dust discharge during running.
It comes with a heavy duty motor. It scoops up the dirt from every corner of the room. The rubberized wheel promotes easy movement of the large wheels. This best vacuum cleaner keeps your home clean.
- There is a 1-year warranty on the product.
- It utilizes 2000 Watts.
- Its motor is highly efficient. It removes all debris from every corners and makes your surroundings clean and hygiene.
- Its HEPA filtration ensures to trap the finest dust.
- Its noise range is around 79 decibel. It creates less noise as compared to traditional vacuums.
- Its package includes floor nozzle, suction pipe, metal extension tube. It also comes with a crevice nozzle, carpet cum floor brush, user manual.
- It comes with rubberised casters for smooth movement.
What We Like
- This device pulls the debris at high-speed.
- Its superior force technology ensures deeper cleaning and perfect for curtains and sofas.
8. Prestige Plastic Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner
Prestige is a renowned kitchen appliance brand. It caters to the various needs of homemakers. The multipurpose lightweight cleaner makes your house cleaning hassle-free. It is the best vacuum cleaner in India that provides a high suction power and a dual operations.
This 1200 Watt vacuum cleaner contains a wide range of extra accessories like Floor and Crevice tool Cum Brush, Blower and extension tube, Hosepipe with Curved Handgrip. With the 10 liters capacity, the dust case allows you to wipe the large area with no hassle. With its 360-degree rotating wheels, you can take it around your home comfortable.
- It is a multi-function vacuum cleaner that helps you clean floors.
- Its advanced HEPA filters capture fine-dust as well.
- Its 1200 watts powerful motor helps you eliminate the toughest dirt from all types of surfaces such as kitchen floors, soft carpets, upholstery in seconds.
- Its auto-cut float feature shield the motor from being damaged due to overflow.
- It is a dry/wet vacuum cleaner which provides you to clean without any hassle.
What We Like
- It is ideal for home and office.
- This cleaner can remove indoor contaminants like dust particles.
- Its blower function lets you clean difficult areas.
What We Didn’t Like
- The size of the vacuum cleaner is significant due to its dust collector.
- Its power cable length is too small.
9. BLACK+DECKER VH802 Vacuum Cleaner
It is an effective vacuum cleaner. The advanced features of this vacuum cleaner transform the way you clean.
It is the Best Vacuum Cleaner in India that will bring freshness in every corner of the house, making it disease-free. If you don’t want to fight with severe ailments and want to stay healthy, then you should purchase Black Decker cleaner.
- It comes with a multi-purpose brush, upholstery brush, flexible hose, shoulder strap, etc.
- It uses eight additional attachments to perform multiple functions.
- Its a type of handheld cleaner. Its suction and blower attachments draw out efficiently.
- It has a bagless compartment to clean your house correctly.
- Its power cable can extend up to 3 meters.
- Its input voltage is 220 to 240 Volts and uses 800 watts.
- Its crystal clear-bowl can store 0.9 litres of trash.
- Its crevice tool enables access to all the crannies and hard to reach spaces.
- It has great suction power and blower capacity.
- It makes easy to clean shelves, homes, garages and other spaces.
- The warranty is of 1 year on the product.
What We Like
- It works as a broomstick.
- Its efficiency in design tackles complexity.
- It provides excellent portability and long-lasting performance.
- It is the best vacuum cleaner that saves you from getting tired.
- Its ergonomic design makes it easy to use.
- It can be used as a vacuum cleaner for the car, which makes your vehicle neat and clean.
What We Didn’t Like
- It has indicators for dust bag.
10. Eureka Forbes Quick Clean Vacuum Cleaner
Eureka is one of the brands of Vacuum Cleaner. If you want every corner of your house to make shine, then this vacuum cleaner is the right choice for you. It makes cleaning effortless and convenient.
The Eureka Forbes Quick Clean Cleaner is portable and compact. It doesn’t occupy much space for storing cleaner or accessories. It comes with high-quality accessories that help you in cleaning the house within a short-period.
- It comes with a powerful 1200 Watts motor. It can clear sticky dirt from the furniture.
- It has a dust bag smart indicator.
- It has three swivel wheels that move swiftly on solid floors and carpets.
- It has a canister-type with the higher built quality material.
- It gives great portability and just weighs 3.60 kg.
- It has an auto power cord winder with this you can fold and take it back to the unit for storage with the press of a button.
- It’s suction power is present on the handle. You can increase or decrease its suction capacity for cleaning fabrics.
- It comes with additional accessories like four paper bags, carpet brush, floor brush, crevice nozzle, wet-brush, upholstery nozzle, two extension tubes.
- It is beneficial in cleaning every nook and corner of a house.
- It has a suction control on the handle to control air flow.
- It has a strong suction power of 1700mm.
- It has an auto cord winder. You can wind up the power cord easily after use.
- The Warranty is of 2 years on the product.
What We Like
- It comes with a versatile range of accessories.
- It has a smart and compact design that offers effortless cleansing.
- It is easy to move and has a long power cable.
- Its automatic power cable winder feature is handy.
What We Didn’t Like
- It heats up so rapidly.
Best Vacuum Cleaner Brands
- American Micronic
- Black + Decker
- Eureka Forbes
Other Models That You May Consider
- Panasonic MC-CG304 1400W Vacuum Cleaner
- Dyson V11 Absolute Pro Cord-free Vacuum
- Dyson V10 Absolute Pro Cord-free Vacuum
- Dyson V7 Animal Cord-free Vacuum
- Eureka Forbes Euroclean Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner
Types of Vacuum Cleaners
There are 5-types of vacuum cleaner:
Handheld Vacuum Cleaners
Handheld Vacuum Cleaner is light-weight and portable. It is used to clean the corners of the stairs, cushions of the sofa, etc. They are the perfect choice for smaller areas.
It doesn’t contain any bags for collecting dust. It is a type of modern vacuum cleaner that doesn’t have electric cords. They work on the strength of the in-built battery.
As compared to other vacuum cleaners, they are light and handle easily.
Upright Vacuum Cleaners
It provides a powerful clean-up. There is a brush bar on the floor head that can tackle things such as pet hair embedded in the carpet.
The good part is that the nozzle head of the vacuum is very near to the carpet. These upright vacuum cleaners ensure easier sweeping as they aren’t heavy. You can save much of your time.
This type of vacuum works great for homes to clean large, open carpet areas.
When it comes to the deep cleaning of carpets, the Upright Vacuum Cleaner device is a great selection for you. Upright Vacuum Cleaners help to get rid of the backache problem.
Canister Vacuum Cleaners
Canister Vacuum Cleaner is the most commonly used type of vacuum cleaners. It is mainly used for stairs cleaning. This type of Cleaner is a bit heavy. It is suitable for allergy patients. It has a filter, engine and dust bags.
Stick Vacuum Cleaners
Stick Vacuum is a hassle-free device that gives support to clean small apartments. It has a small size box which you need to clear regularly. Stick vacuum cleaners for home are lightweight.
You can use this stick vacuum cleaner to clean the areas where upright vacuum cleaners cannot reach. It makes it convenient to wipe the interiors of a car. It can be used for picking up litter. It is an easily manoeuvrable device.
This type of vacuums doesn’t work well for vacuuming carpets.
Autonomous / Robotic Vacuum Cleaners
The Robotic Vacuum Cleaners are the most advanced to join the family of vacuum cleaners.
The Robot Vacuum Cleaners allow you to clean the house even in your absence. You can set the timings, and the machine gets started on its own. This robot vacuum cleaner is a disc-shaped vacuum equipped with HEPA filtration for effective cleaning and dust-filtering. These filters work to store grime as small as 0.3 microns and ensure them from escaping.
This Robotic Vacuum Cleaner rotates smoothly and can reach places where a giant vacuum cleaner can’t reach. It is helpful in removing the dirt under the beds, closets, and desks. These Vacuum cleaners are useful for those who don’t have time to cleanse their house daily.
Apart from this, there is another type called Convertible Vacuum Cleaners. They are specially designed for handling multiple sweeping operations.
How to Choose the Vacuum Cleaner for Home?
Buying the Best Vacuum Cleaner for a household can be a daunting task. You should consider the following specifications before buying a vacuum cleaner:
Design and Quality
Look for a vacuum cleaner that is handy, compact and lightweight. It should have a build quality so that it can survive an accidental drop.
These days, Vacuum Cleaners come with a one-touch empty quick feature.
You can use different types of brushes to cater to various tasks. However, changing the filters, again and again, is an annoying task. So, there are different types of vacuum cleaners for home for different purposes.
Bag or Bagless Vacuum Cleaners
The dust collected by the cleaner is stored in a bag or without-bag container.
Bagged Vacuums are highly recommended to those who suffer from allergies.
Bag Vacuum Cleaners offer excellent cleaning. They pick a more considerable amount of debris compared to the bag-less vacuums.
You can even remove the bags from the vacuum to wash it. The bagless cleaner requires less maintenance. The main drawback of the bagless cleaner is, you have to buy more bags. But don’t worry it is available at under RS 600 on Amazon.
On the other hand, Bagless Cleaner is operated using a filter attached to the vacuum cleaner and give a idea of when the chamber is full.
It stores dust in a container. It requires less maintenance since it has a visible dirt canister. You can quickly notice the problem and fix it.
These days, vacuum cleaners without bags come with a filtration process in which you don’t need to replace the bag again and again with new one. You need to clear the grime from the vacuum cleaner. It can be used for a long time.
You have to be careful at the time of replacing the chamber. It may lose dust and allergens into the air as you throw it out. Though its cost is high, it can last for 26 to 36 months. Rest depends upon the usage.
There are several vacuums available in the market that have suction power in both bagged and bagless cleaners.
It absorbs dust and dirt particles with the help of air pressure. You need to inspect the filtration system in a vacuum cleaners. There are many common types of filters include, such as cartridge filter, charcoal filters, foam filters, cloth filters, etc. A cleaner with 2 motors gives benefits of both brushings as well as vacuum.
These days, vacuum cleaners for home come with High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters. It consists of a glass fibre that is arranged in the form of a mesh. It removes 99.99% of grime, pollen, and the smallest of the particulate matter.
It is an essential point you should keep in mind while choosing a vacuum cleaner.
- A Canister or Stick Vacuum Cleaner works well to clean hard to reach areas such as sofa set padding.
- Upright Vacuum or canister vacuum cleaners are ideal for carpet cleaning.
- Electric items such as computers and car interiors can be cleaned using hand-held vacuum cleaners.
- Vacuum cleaners with HEPA filter are ideal to clear the smallest of the particle and hair. To keep cleaner air, it doesn’t release bacteria back in the air.
Some Vacuum Cleaners come with air-dust catcher which separate dust from the air. A direct-drive cleaner cleans more in-depth into the carpet, and with adjustable power control for better results.
Portable and Easy to Use
It is always good to have a portable cleaner. You can quickly move it around your home in the areas that require cleaning. The device with a stainless steel body is more durable. It facilitates to change the power of suction from high, medium to slow.
Also, it must be easy to use. It should offer simple operations for speedy cleaning purposes.
An ideal vacuum cleaner has a low noise-level, so it is important to consider to check the noise levels that a vacuum cleaner produces. Vacuum cleaners that work with cyclonic action emit a lot of sounds.
You need to inspect the level of sound it makes while cleaning so that you may not disturb others.
If you are planning to buy a corded model, length of the cord is an important factor to keep in mind.
A vacuum cleaner with long cord aid you move around the entire room without unplugging. It makes your task easier. Some models come with automatic cord winder that makes the job simple.
The capacity of the Dust Container
You need to check the size of the dust container. It is the amount of trash a vacuum can store.
Look out the set of accessory tools that come with the vacuum cleaners such as carpet, floor brush, shoulder strap, dusting brush.
These tools make cleaning jobs more accessible and increase the performance of the machine. For example, crevice tool or a mini-turbo brush. It is a small, handheld brush that cleans the pet hair off furniture. It offers an accessory storage space.
You need to get information about the amount of energy it consumes. If it utilizes high power, it may raise your electricity bills.
Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaner
You need to buy a vacuum cleaner that lets the wet, as well as dry dust to be vacuumed. It is useful for wet and dry cleaning. A moist vacuum cleaner can accumulate nails, staples and wood chips quickly. This wet-and-dry vacuum cleaner allows you to clean spills as well.
Cordless Vacuum Cleaner / Wireless Vacuum Cleaner
Tangled wires in a vacuum cleaner aren’t less than a headache.
These days cordless or wireless vacuum cleaners are available in the market that runs using a battery system.
Cordless cleaners are battery operated vacuum cleaners that need frequent charging. It is ideal for cleaning and vacuuming hard surfaces. These types of cleaners are good home appliance for cleaning purposes. The wireless battery operated devices are handy but need regular charging.
If you have decided to buy an absolute cordless vacuum cleaner, it is crucial to examine its battery life. You need to check how long its battery works in one charge, how much time it takes to get charged, etc.
Set a budget you want to invest in a vacuum cleaner. Nowadays, you get a vast range of Vacuum Cleaners with decent functions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why Is Hepa Filter a Good Option?
HEPA Filter is also known as an air filter. It works as a purifier that is great for allergy patients.
2. Which Vacuum Is Most Suitable for a Backache?
Stick Vacuum Cleaners or Handheld Vacuum Cleaner are light in weight. These are used to clean the stairs, mattress, carpets and floors.
3. What Is the Meaning of Nozzle in a Vacuum Cleaner?
A nozzle is a pipe that controls the rate of flow, pressure of the stream, speed, and direction.
4. How to Clean a Bagged Vacuum Cleaner?
To begin with, remove the plug from the socket. Most of the sudden shocks happen due to the negligence. Secondly, empty the bag when it is full of one-third of dirt. Or, the grime stuck inside it may jam the filters.
After that, place them in the right position and make sure not to wash the bag. In short, if you find any holes in your bag, change it.
5. How to Clean a Bagless Vacuum Cleaner?
Unplug the vacuum cleaner and take it outside. Look the container, whether it is vacant. If it is full of dirt, empty the cup in the dustbin.
You can use hot water for cleaning the dust bowl. Leave it to dry for at least 24 hours. If you notice any loud noise in your vacuum cleaner then, check the filtration system or exhaust filter, the pipe, and the container thoroughly.