Air conditioners were once known as the luxury product. But now it had got a decent place in almost every middle-class household. It is not only used in the metro cities but also the small towns.
In the past few years, the average temperature has risen to 0.8° C across the globe. During the hottest months of the summer season, the temperature even crosses 45° C.
In such scorching heat, an air conditioner is modern India’s only hope of relief.
Whether at the house or in the workplace, an AC is an absolute necessity.
The most popular and common type of air conditioner in the market at the moment is the Split Inverter AC.
Split Air Conditioning systems offer an utterly ductless design; this upsurges your energy-saving and reduces money spent on future utility bills.
If you’re looking for an affordable, modest way to bring chilled refreshing air into your home, a split AC might be a perfect choice.
Based on our Market Research, we have prepared a list of Best Split AC in India 2019.
We highly recommend you to read our buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 Split AC in India 2019
|Voltas 183WZJ||1.5 Ton||3|
|Hitachi RSOG518HCEA||1.5 Ton||5|
|LG KS-Q18HTXD||1.5 Ton||3|
|Lloyd LS18I35JA||1.5 Ton||3|
|Sanyo SI/SO-15T3SCIA||1.5 Ton||3|
|Daikin FTKF50TV||1.5 Ton||5|
|Blue Star IC518QATX||1.5 Ton||5|
|Whirlpool MagicCool Elite Pro 3S||1.5 Ton||3|
Which are the Top 10 Best Split AC in India 2019?
1. Voltas 1.5 Ton 3 Star Split AC
This Voltas 1.5 Ton AC is one of the Best Air Conditioner in India that comes with voice control functionality. It works with Alexa enabled devices and comes with Wi-Fi connectivity. This Smart Alexa AC allows you to operate your AC by giving simple voice commands to Alexa.
It comes with a Sleep mode, Turbo mode, and Anti-dust filter that promises a complete deal for healthy living. The Self Diagnosis feature that enables you to detect the cause of any fault in the unit. In addition to this, it promises a complete deal for a healthy family by removing allergens and microbes.
- It is a 1.5 ton 3-star inverter split air conditioner.
- Its annual power consumption is 1122.45 kWh, and the operating voltage is 230 volts.
- It comes with an Active Dehumidifier that senses the indoor humidity and controls it in the monsoon.
- It provides multi-stage filtration advantage that filters the air by removing allergens, odours, etc.
- It features a sleep mode that maintains a comfortable temperature by cutting excessive cooling and power consumption.
- It features Smart Timer. You can set timing if switching the AC on or off through the Voltas Smart AC app.
- It comes with fan speed control.
- It has a copper condenser that can withstand high pressure.
- Its 4-way auto louvre delivers air uniformly across the bedroom.
- Voltas provides a five years warranty on its compressor and a 1-year warranty on the product.
What we like
- It gives you the comfort of operating AC remotely.
- You can operate AC with voice command through the Echo device.
- It gives you instant cool air even at 50°C.
- It consumes less electricity and saves energy.
2. Hitachi 1.5 Ton 5 Star RSOG518HCEA Inverter Split AC
This AC is designed with technology that cools the environment of your home. It is the Best Air Conditioner in terms of efficiency, price, features, modes and material quality. It provides you with a powerful cooling while saving power even at high temperatures.
The exceptional cooling and energy efficiency make this AC the right choice for you. Its dust filters come with an anti-bacterial coating that works as an air purifier to make the air clean by removing harmful particles. The sleep mode gives you a comfortable sleeping experience by auto-adjusts the temperature settings as per the room.
- It has an energy rating of 5-star.
- It comes with the inverter compressor. It adjusts power depending on heat load.
- It has wide-angle deflectors and wave blade design to let the air flow om every corner of the room.
- It offers uniform airflow even at a temperature as high as 55 degrees.
- It includes automatic fan speed, One-touch super cool and super silent feature.
- It comes with eco-friendly refrigerant.
- Its indoor level of noise is 31 dB.
- It has soft dry technology to remove any odour from the room.
- The product has one year of warranty on the product, one year on a condenser and ten years on compressor.
What we like
- It fits well to room size of 120-180 sq ft well.
- It performs stabiliser free operations.
- It is quite in its function. It is perfect for your home or workspace.
3. LG 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC
LG dominates the market with its outstanding home appliances products. The excellent features of this LG unit exemplify the popularity of LG appliances throughout the country. Amongst many decent features, DualCool Technology is one that gives a faster flow of air while saving power.
It is one of the Best 1.5 Ton Air Conditioners in India that comes with R32-low GWP refrigerant to make the planet green. It has a different speed Dual Rotary compressor for quick cooling and energy saving. It has copper condenser tubes have Ocean Black Protection that acts as a barrier against corrosive elements.
- It is a power saver 3-stars rated 1.5 Ton inverter AC.
- It consumes of 1050.84 units of power.
- The unique Himalaya Cool Technology promises to cool you as soon as you switch on the AC.
- It has low refrigerator detection to detect the low refrigerant levels that can leave the room hot.
- It comes with an HD filter that removes the harmful particles from the air.
- The Auto Clean air function keeps the heat exchanger free from moulds and micro-organisms.
- With a rating score of 5, it ensures proper cooling.
- The product comes with a one year warranty on the AC and ten years warranty on compressor.
- It has a copper compressor coil that gives energy efficiency with easy maintenance.
- It offers extra cost and saves a lot of energy by taking advantage of Active Energy Control.
What we like
- It is the best-selling Inverter AC in India for a small and medium-sized room.
- It has a sleek and stylish design.
- It is environment-friendly.
4. Toshiba 1.5 Ton 4 Star Inverter Split AC
(as of 21/09/2019 11:59 IST - More Info)
Check Price on Amazon
This AC has a new modern design that creates fresh air to better the quality of life with less energy consumption. This Hi-Wall Inverter, 3 Star AC, has a 13% bigger FCU (Fan Coil Unit), and 10% increased heat-transfer surface. It cools your room quickly.
It combines superior aesthetics and durability, all-in-one. With environment-friendly inverter compressor, you can get up to 40% more saving than conventional fixed velocity units. The refrigerant R410A gas provides zero damage to the environment and helps to make the planet greener.
- This inverter split AC comes with 1.5-ton capacity.
- It is ideal for medium-sized room of 111 to 150 sq ft.
- It is a 4-Star energy-saving AC.
- It features a dust filter.
- Its annual power consumption is 1041.65 units
- It has a condenser coil that is made of copper. It offers better cooling and low maintenance.
- It comes with advanced technologies like the PAM and PWM.
- It comes with Self Cleaning function. It keeps the filter dry to prevent any odour and mould formation.
- It features Magic Coil that is an aqua resin-coated coil. It reduces the buildup of dust and makes the coil last longer.
- It comes with a big heat sink and electronic box to keep out the insects & rodents.
- It comes with a warranty period of one year on the product and five years on compressor.
What we like
- It is energy efficient and easy to maintain.
- Its inner components are safe and rustproof.
- Its stabiliser free operations ensure complete protection from fluctuations.
- It is the best budget-friendly product.
5. Lloyd 1.5 Ton 3 Star Split AC
It is one of the Best Air Conditioners in India that comes with WiFi-enabled feature, with this functionality this AC can be controlled from anywhere through your smartphone. Switch on your AC even before reaching home and find your room cool and comfortable. It cools at 18-degree celsius in just 45 seconds. The self-diagnosis function auto monitors and detects the issues or failures.
It comes with Twin Rotatory Compressor that ensures lesser noise level as they work with lower vibrations. With Easy Night Mode, it provides an uninterrupted sleep through on press of a single button on the remote. It specially features Smart 4-way swing that automatically circulates even cooling in every corner of the room.
- It uses refrigerant R32 gas.
- Its annual energy consumption is 1111.93 units. Its energy rating is 3 star.
- It comes with a copper coil.
- It comes with 4D Express Cooling. It takes in air from four sides.
- It reduces the compressor run time and results in uniform cooling.
- It consists of a BLDC motor that gives your power-packed performance by consuming less power.
- It has Fish Fin design Air Louver and Blue Fin Coils.
- It filtres PM 2.5 substances from the air to offer a healthy environment.
- With Self Clean feature, it automatically cleans the evaporator coil.
- It has Electronic Expansion Valve that adjusts the refrigerant flow.
- It features dehumidifier that regulates the level of humidity in the air.
- Llyod offers one year warranty on the product, five years on condenser and ten years on compressor.
What we like
- It provides long term durability and low maintenance cost.
- It has a silent operation.
- It is best suited for medium-sized rooms.
6. Carrier 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
(as of 21/09/2019 11:59 IST - More Info)
Check Price on Amazon
This split AC comes with stabiliser free operation, ambient working and refrigerant leakage detector. It has an electrostatic dust filtration system that gives clean air. Its FlexiCool HybridJet technology offers four operating modes: very hot, hot, moderately warm, and comfortable.
It is the Best 1.5 Ton Split Air Conditioner from Carrier. These modes automatically adjust AC’s electricity consumption and help you to save electricity bills. It comes with a variable speed compressor that auto-adjusts the power depending on the heat load.
- Carrier Inverter Split AC comes with a capacity of 1.5 Ton and is suitable for the medium size room.
- It has a 5-star energy rating and has best in class efficiency.
- The power consumption of the AC is 871.07 units, and the ISEER value is 4.62.
- There is a one-year manufacturing warranty on the product, one year on the condenser and ten years on the compressor.
- It works efficiently between 150v and 280v without stabiliser even at a high-temperature.
- It’s copper coils give better cooling and requires low maintenance as compared to an aluminium condenser.
- It has R32 refrigerant gas.
What we like
- It provides excellent cooling even at 55 degrees temperature.
- It ensures a low voltage operation.
- It has a sturdy and durable design.
- It is eco-friendly.
- It is an efficient design that gives the best class performance for a long time.
7. Sanyo 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC
Sanyo is the Japanese brand with a rich legacy of 7 decades that brings to you the latest in AC technology with its inverter series. This AC comes with full inverter technology, and other unique features to meet all your cooling needs.
With Glacier mode, enjoy jet-speed cooling at your fingertips. It allows 35% faster speed to deliver instant cooling in a lesser amount of time. It has 100% copper coil for more rapid heat transfer and resistance to corrosion.
- It is suitable for medium-sized rooms of 111-150 sq ft.
- Its annual power consumption is 1068.18 units, and input supply is 230 volts.
- It features Duo Cool Inverter technology, ensures faster and energy-saving cooling.
- It has an energy rating of 3 stars.
- It comes with R32 Refrigerant. It protects condenser from accidental fire while ensuring zero damage to the ozone layer.
- Its sleep function auto-adjusts the temperature for a comfortable sleep.
- It’s copper coil provides durability and proper cooling.
- Its Automatic timer allows convenient time setting.
- It has Hydrophilic Fins that protects against rust and salt damage.
- It comes with built-in PM 2.5 and anti-dust filters to remove dust, pollen etc.
- Sanyo gives one year of warranty on the product and five years warranty on the compressor.
What we like
- It provides instant cooling.
- It minimises the cost and saves electricity.
- It is available at an affordable price range.
- It features a sleek and elegant design and hidden temperature display.
8. Daikin 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
(as of 21/09/2019 11:59 IST - More Info)
Check Price on Amazon
It is one of the Best Split Air Conditioners in India that offers ODU heat exchanger technology that enhances more transfer of heat. It increases the lifespan of the AC and makes it more durable than its peers. It is a BEE 5-star rated Inverter AC. It consumes less power while delivering the maximum output.
The AC makes use of R32 refrigerant that has zero ODP (ozone depletion potential), modified GWP (global warming potential) compared to other refrigerants. It reduces carbon emissions. The Neo Swing Compressor decreases friction and vibration. It further prevents the leakage of refrigerant gas during compression.
- It is a 1.5 Ton inverter; five stars split AC.
- It has an annual consumption of 767 units, and its ISEER Value is 5.33.
- The Econo Mode limits power consumption.
- The Power Chill Operation ensures that the room’s temperature drops rapidly during hot weather.
- The Coanda Airflow is a unique function of this AC. The persuasive air draft is such that it doesn’t fall on your head directly. It steers the air upwards and towards the corners of the room for creating a comfortable ambience.
- With the Good Sleep Off Timer, you can set a temperature shift value. The Ac automatically stops as it elapses the pre-set time.
- It has one year warranty time on the product, one year on the condenser and five years on compressor.
- It has copper condenser coils for better cooling.
What we like
- The ODU heat exchange mechanism increases the life of the AC.
What we didn’t like
- It doesn’t have any additional advanced filters.
9. Blue Star 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
It is the next generation Q series Inverter Split AC. This AC adds a luxurious touch to any home with its five stars rated cooling performance. This AC comes with Self Diagnosis that tells you about the filter change and other things needed.
It has a wider application range that cools easily at high temperature and heats easily at low temperature. It provides you with comfort sleep by auto-adjusting the temperature as per the indoor temperatures. The self-diagnosis feature alerts you immediately if there is any fault in the operation.
- It comes with a Dual Rotor Compressor for faster cooling.
- It operates on Brushless DC Motor (BLDC).
- It comes with precision cooling technology. It ensures that you can set the temperature to any precise figure.
- Its annual energy consumption is 889.02 Kilowatt Hours.
- It comes with a 5-star energy efficiency rating.
- It features iFeel function that ensures desired comfort around you.
- It has an auto-restart function that is useful in times of electric cuts.
- The brand provides 12 months warranty on the AC unit and ten years on compressor.
What we like
- It creates a clean and fresh environment through its anti-dust clean filter that removes bacteria, dust.
- It has excellent efficiency, and it is noise-free.
- Its cooling effect is quite good.
10. Whirlpool 1.5 Ton 3 Star Split AC
Whirlpool is one of the top brands of Air Conditioners. This AC is equipped with 3D cooling technology and EnergySaver technology. The unique three vents draw away heat from the room and ensure upto 40% fast maximum cooling with a 12m high air throw.
It adapts your cooling needs while reducing energy consumption. This AC comes with 100% pure copper that ensures more durability. The turbo cool mode delivers high ambient cooling even in hot summers. The sleep function gives you pleasant sleeping by auto-adjusting the settings. It’s Auto Restart feature plays a crucial role in case of power failures by automatically restart the AC with prefered settings when the power is back.
- It has a 1.5 Ton capacity.
- It comes with a 3-star energy rating.
- The product has a one year warranty on the product, one year on the condenser and ten years on compressor.
- The product has a 6th sense of EnergySaver technology that optimises the cooling.
- Its advanced humidity sensors sense the room’s real feel temperature and give comfortable cooling.
- It has a stabiliser-free operation protects from wide voltage fluctuations.
- It uses R32 Eco Refrigerant which provides zero harm to the environment.
- It comes with Multi-Port Fluid Injection ( MPFI) Technology. It enhances cooling capacity and power savings.
- It supports PM 2.5 Filteration with HEPA Filter.
- It also features Self-Diagnosis that auto monitor and resolves problems.
What we like
- It cools even at 55 degrees.
- It ensures instant comfort and fast cooling.
Best Split AC Brands in India
- Blue Star
Types of Split AC
There are multiple types of Split AC:
Wall-mounted split AC is the most popular. It consists of a wall-mounted indoor unit combined with an outside compressor. It is generally for small rooms that can be cooled uniformly.
Floor mounted AC is also known as a tower or vertical AC. These are useful in rooms where you can’t install the AC in your wall.
These are expensive than wall-mounted ACs and hence less popular for homes.
Ceiling mounted air conditioners are also known as Cassette-type-split ACs. They look beautiful as the unit is concealed. However, this needs a false ceiling. The price for this AC is higher than wall-mounted, or floor-mounted split-AC.
Multi-Split Air Conditioners
Multi-splits are multiple split air conditioners that are connected to one outdoor unit.
The indoor units can be used separately or at the same time as needed. If both the groups are used, then the capacity of the AC’s will be divided. It saves installation space.
How to Choose the Best Split ACs?
If you are planning to buy the best model of Split AC for home, you need to keep the check the following things along with the basic features:
It is a primary feature of a split type air conditioner. Most air conditioners are rated by tonnage.
1 ton = 12,000 BTU per hour
The cooling capacity of the air conditioner needed depends on factors like:
- Size of the Room: It depends on the area of the living room where the AC will be installed.
- Number of People: The more the people that will be in the room, the higher will be the cooling required.
- Exposure: Direct exposure of any wall of the room to sun leads to a higher requirement in cooling.
The tonnage of the AC can be selected based on the chart below.
|Room Size (sq ft)||Tonnage Capacity|
|Up to 90 sq ft||0.8 Ton|
|Up to 120 sq ft||1.0 Ton|
|Up to 180 sq ft||1.5 Ton|
|Up to 220 sq ft||2.0 Ton|
The outdoor unit of the air conditioner is where the compressor and fan are located. If it is placed at a distance from the outer side of the room, noise levels can be reduced.
However, this can increase the installation cost of ducting and wire.
It is an essential factor to consider while choosing the best AC. In summers, the AC would remain on for as long as 6-7 hours a day. With this daily usage, the electricity bills are sure to go high. For this reason, Inverter ACs have come up. Inverter ACs with a higher star rating cost a bit more but consume much less power, thereby saving money on your electricity bill in the long run.
Air conditioners efficiency is measured by the energy efficiency ratio (EER). The EER is the ratio of cooling capacity to the power input (in watts).
The fan circulates heated or cooled air around the room. Go for a model with a full airflow range and multiple fan speeds. High fan speed helps the place cool down quickly.
- Auto – This feature automatically chooses the mode required to keep the room at the selected temperature.
- Cool – Cool mode pumps heat from inside to the outside.
- Dry – The Dry mode dehumidifies the air. It provides some cooling, but not as much as a cooling mode.
- Fan Only – It blows air without heating, cooling, or drying that is useful when all you want is a cooling breeze.
- Economy – It is also called the Eco mode; this reduces energy usage.
Air Filters and Self-Cleaning
- ACs offer increasingly advanced air filtration systems, to remove allergens, mould, bacteria, odours, and dust from the air.
- It is often appended by a self-cleaning function to keep the inside of the unit dry. Also, reduce the build-up of filth and the growth of mould. It also helps keep the unit running more efficiently. Some of the excellent brands of ACs use silver ion filter for better performance.
New AC remotes come with attractive LED display and sensors that can monitor room temperature. Look for large, well-spaced buttons with easy-to-read labels, and a big, LCD screen. Plus, go for a product that provides an excellent service at your place.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is An Inverter AC?
Generally, most of the split-ACs have a compressor in the outdoor unit. This compressor runs at a fixed speed. Inverter Technology is a new concept that changes the speed of the compressor automatically. It adjusts the compressor’s speed depending upon the heat load +to control the flow rate of refrigerant gas, thereby consuming less power. Inverter Air Conditioners are more efficient than a fixed-speed AC.
2. What Does BTU Mean For An AC?
British Thermal Unit (BTU) is the international measure of energy. It is the amount of energy used to raise the temperature of one pound of water by one degree Fahrenheit.
I ton = 12,000BTU/hr.
2 ton = 24,000BTU/hr and so on.
3. What Is The Role Of Air Conditioning Refrigerants?
A refrigerant, also known as a coolant is an essential part of air conditioning. It is present in the form of gas. The compressor compresses this gas (refrigerant) and converts it into a liquid that has a high temperature.
When this liquid passes through the coils of the condenser, its temperature comes down whereas the pressure remains high. On releasing this liquid through an expansion valve, the AC reduces the pressure. This cold liquid then travels through the coils and absorbs the heat from the space. On absorption of heat, the liquid again evaporates and converts into a gas. And, the process continues.
Most commonly used refrigerants are CFC(R12), HCFC(R22), HFCs(R410A, R32, R14) and HC.
4. What Is the Difference Between 3-Star and 5-Star Split AC?
BEE prescribes star rating for various electronic products. High star rated ACs consume less energy as compared to the ACs with low star ratings. The primary difference between 3-star and 5-star AC is its efficiency. A 3-star air conditioner will not be as efficient as a 5-star inverter air conditioner. It utilises more power that in turn, increases the monthly electricity bill. However, a 3-star inverter AC is equivalent a 5-star usual split AC in terms of efficiency.
5. Which Is Better – Split AC or Window AC?
Both window and split air conditioning units can be equally effective. The main difference between the two is that split-AC has two units (indoor and outdoor) whereas Window-AC has a single unit.
6. How Can I Maximize The AC Output?
You can maximise the output of an AC unit by following easy steps:
- Make sure that the outdoor unit of the AC is not blocked since it obstructs fresh air that AC needs to work efficiently.
- Drain out the moisture from the room properly.
- Protect the AC from direct sunlight. Curtains, sun films on the window, blinds reduce the heat input into the room.
- A dirty filter also interferes with the working of an AC. Install the AC in such a way that the filter is easily accessible so that you can remove and clean it regularly.