In A Hurry? Our Top 3 Picks To Buy
The summer season has started. It is going to reach its peak in the coming months. The intense heat spoils foodstuffs such as milk, vegetables, fruits, and so on. So, refrigeration is of great importance. Without it, there would be a large amount of rotten food, which will be thrown into the waste-bin.
The refrigerator is one of the most significant kitchen appliances that keep your food cold and safe. It keeps your eating items safe and protects from rotting. You can feel fresh for more extended periods by drinking cold water and drinks. It also keeps the food fresh and protects it from spoiling.
In refrigerators, there are four kinds of the fridge in India such as single door, double-door, side by side refrigerators and triple door refrigerators. But, today we are going to discuss India’s Best Refrigerator that is Single Door Refrigerator.
Based on Market Research, we have prepared a list of Best Single Door Refrigerators in India 2019.
We highly recommend you to read our buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Which are the Top 10 Best Single Door Refrigerators in India 2019?
1. LG 190 L 5 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
LG GL-B201APZY comes from the LGs new range of refrigerator. With a Smart Inverter Compressor, it delivers a great performance and super silent operations. It promises great savings on electricity bills by consuming less power.
This refrigerator can operate at a voltage of 90 volts to 310 volts due to its stabiliser free operation. It comes with a high quality material that makes it more long-running. Its shelves are made of toughened glass that can allow it to hold heavy food-items.
- The product holds a BEE 5-star rating.
- The capacity of the refrigerator is 190L and is suitable for small families.
- LG gives a warranty of one year on the refrigerator and ten years on compressor.
- It offers unmatched performance and significant savings.
- Its smart connect technology allows you to connect your refrigerator to a home inverter in case of a power cut.
- It provides the fastest ice making feature that makes ice in 108 minutes.
- It comes with toughened glass shelves that can take a load of 175 kgs.
What we like
- It comes with an antibacterial gasket.
- The quality of the product is excellent.
- It has a stylish and impressive design.
- It has a constant airflow to prevent the ice build-up.
- It consumes less power.
What we didn’t like
- It doesn’t have cooling retention feature as it is a direct cool model.
2. Samsung 215 L 3 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Samsung RR22N3Y2ZS8/HL provides stabiliser free operation and prevent electrical damage or shortening if there are any voltage fluctuations. It is a good fridge for 2-3 members family.
Its Cool Wave feature comes to rescue through unexpected outages in the electricity supply. This refrigerator can run on solar energy as it comes from the range of Solar Connect refrigerators.
- The capacity of the refrigerator is 215 L.
- There is a warranty of 1 year on the product and ten years on the compressor.
- It comes with 3 Star Energy Rating.
- Its glass shelves can take 150 kg load. It allows you to place the heavy utensils.
- It retains cooling for up to 9 hours even during power cuts.
- It has a multi-utility door bin, Fresh Max, offers extra space to keep veggies, fruits and big bottles.
- It includes a unique divider to attach plastic bags and separate bottles.
- Its digital inverter compressor adjusts its speed in response to cooling demand across seven levels.
- Its antibacterial gasket prevents the entry and build-up of bacteria and fungi inside the refrigerator.
What we like
- Samsung 215 l direct cool-technology refrigerator has a grande door design.
- It provides a safety cover at the back that makes the product durable.
- It has a sturdy vegetable box that keeps the vegetables fresh.
- The product is beneficial for small families.
3. Samsung 192 RR20M1Y2XUT L 5 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Samsung RR20M1Y2XUT Direct Cool Refrigerator uses less energy, minimises noise and reduces wear and tear for long-lasting performance. This refrigerator from Samsung is a single door direct cool fridge with digital inverter technology and provides warranty on the compressor for ten years.
It is softly curved, round-top shape, sleek and elegant design. It’s BEE 5 star rating makes it one of the most energy-efficient refrigerators available.
- It provides 192 L capacity that is perfectly suitable for small families.
- The product comes with 5-star energy ratings.
- The product holds a warranty of 12 months. And, the compressor carries a warranty of 10 years.
- It works stable even in high fluctuation of voltage (100V-300V).
- It maintains optimum moisture in the vegetables and keeps them fresh.
- It comes with Digital Inverter Compressor that ensures long-lasting performance.
- It shelves made of glass can hold weight upto 150kg.
- It comes with multi-utility door bin and FreshMax that provides plenty of space to store fruits and vegetables.
What we like
- BEE certifies Samsung Refrigerators energy efficiency. Hence, it saves money by using less electricity without sacrificing performance.
- It keeps the milk fresh for 12 hours even after a power cut.
- The quality of the fridge is excellent and works well.
4. LG 270 GL-B281BPZX.DPZZEBN L 4 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
LG refrigerator provides unmatched performance and has one of the most advanced and energy-efficient compressors. It keeps your refrigerator running effectively. Its smart inverter technology helps to reduce your electricity bill.
Its cooling system is excellent, so you can store food, milk, or anything as it cools very faster. It consists of a unique lattice-type box cover that helps to maintain moisturisation.
- The capacity of the fridge is 270 L that is suitable for a family with 2-3 members.
- It is a 4-star BEE Rated Refrigerator.
- It has three toughened glass shelves.
- The warranty on the product is one year. The compressor comes with a warranty period of 10 years.
- It comes with antibacterial gasket. Its easy to clean feature keeps food healthy and hygienic for a more extended period.
- It offers protection against fluctuations and saves power.
What we like
- It has the fastest ice making feature that makes ice in 108 minutes.
- The quality of the product is good.
- It is suitable for a small family.
5. Samsung 255 RR26N389YUT/HL L 4 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Samsung RR26N389YUT/HL makes precise cooling adjustments to keep your food fresh for a longer time. You can store vegetables, fruits, milk, juices and other materials. It comes with an inbuilt stabiliser. You don’t need to buy a separate stabiliser.
It’s Digital Inverter Compressor uses less energy, minimises noise and reduces wear and tear for long-lasting performance.
- The capacity of the fridge is 230 litres. Its freezer is of 25 litres.
- It is suitable for 2-3 family members.
- It comes with a 4-star energy rating.
- The warranty is one year on the product and ten years on the compressor.
- It has toughened glass shelves that can take a load of 150 kgs.
- It offers better storage space to store fruits and veggies. It keeps them fresh for a long time.
- With Cool wave feature, it keeps food chilled for up to 9 hours even under power cuts.
- It comes with a removable anti-bacterial gasket. It prevents bacteria from entering and keeps the deepest corner of the refrigerator clean.
- It comes with two multi-utility Fresh Max door bins that offer extra space.
- It includes a base stand drawer in the lower part of the refrigerator. You can store onions and potatoes in this drawer.
- Its digital inverter technology adjusts the compressor speed.
What we like
- Its stylish bar chrome handle gives a chic and modern look.
- The fridge has a stabiliser-free silent operation.
- It offers 24 hours freshness.
- It also offers large capacity verge box to keep all the vegetables and fruits fresh.
- It is environment-friendly and energy-saving.
- It comes in a stylish pebble blue colour with a soft and unique round design.
6. Samsung 212 RR22N287YB8/NL L 4 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Samsung RR22N287YB8/NL Single-Door Refrigerator is a new technology refrigerator ideal for small size family. It comes with energy-saving, smart connector inverter and is solar compatible.
It has a Grande Door design that enhances the look of the refrigerator. It includes the base stand drawer to store all of your food items that don’t need cooling.
- It comes with the capacity of 212 litres
- It comes with a 12 months warranty period on the product and ten years warranty on the compressor.
- It comes with Inverter-Compressor. It offers energy-efficient performance, produce less noise and is more durable.
- It has toughened glass shelves.
- The product has an energy-saving feature. It comes with 3-star energy ratings.
What we like
- It is perfect for a family of 4- 5 persons.
- The quality of the product is excellent.
- It provides better cooling and compressors works in good condition.
- It has bar chrome handle that gives a chic and modern look.
What we didn’t like
- It produces vibrating sounds.
7. Whirlpool 4S 230 IMFRESH ROY 215 L 4 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Whirlpool IMFRESH ROY 4S provides effortless performance and offers the best cooling experience. It provides better storage for vegetables, drinks, processed fruits, and dairy products.
It’s vegetable crisper comes with Honey Comb moisture lock. The insulated capillary technology offers benefits such as better compressor efficiency, faster cooling and 12-hour cooling retention. It ensures that the food remains fresh, hygienic, and odour free for a long time.
- The product comes with 215 lt storage capacity.
- It holds 4-star BEE ratings.
- Its powerful performance provides efficient cooling.
- It comes with advanced insulated capillary technology. It can retain cooling for 12 hours through power cuts.
- It has activated carbon that removes all kind of odour from crisper.
- It features 6th Sense FreshControl Technology.
- It comes with a stabiliser-free operation that ranges from 130-300 volts.
- With Laminar Air Flow feature, it makes ice faster.
- It consists of medicine and utility crisper. It helps keep your drugs safe and free from contamination.
What we like
- It comes with anti-fungal gasket. It prevents the entry of fungi and bacteria inside the fridge.
- It locks optimum moisture in veggies and keeps them fresh.
- The refrigerator provides better cooling.
- It is available in pedestal and non-pedestal models.
8. Whirlpool 200 215 IMPWCool PRM 3S L 3 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Whirlpool Refrigerators come in an exciting range of different types of refrigerators at an attractive price range. Whirlpool IMPWCool is a winning product with the capacity of 200 litres and 3 Star rating from BEE(Bureau of Energy Efficient).
This refrigerator is no.1 in ice making since it features all-new Laminar Air Flow and Insulated capillary technology. It makes ice faster than any other products in its class.
It comes with a vegetable crisper for storing a large number of fruits, vegetables and other eatables. It allows secure storage of large and small utensils.
- It comes with a single door and a direct cool feature that require manual defrosting.
- It comes with a capacity of 200L that is suitable for a family with 2-3 members.
- It comes with Honey Comb moisture lock that retains optimum moisture in vegetables and keeps them fresher for longer.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty on the product and ten years on the product.
- This Whirlpool 200 L Direct is a 3 star rated product.
- It has two toughened glass shelves and a jumbo bottle rack.
- It comes with in-built stabiliser and reduces the need for an extra stabiliser.
- It has unique cooling vents that regulate the air in a laminar flow for uniform cooling throughout the fridge.
What we like
- It has a modern and sleek look that completely blends with your home interiors.
- There is also a medicine box on the door side of the fridge
- It provides fast cooling. It is better in cooling retention of 12 hours in case of power failure.
- Its moisture control helps to adjust the humidity level.
9. Haier 195 HED-20FDS L 4 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Haier is a world-famous brand for household appliances. Haier HED-20FDS is one of the most efficient models that come under this brand. It gives a faster cooling experience that makes it a top-class product.
This 4- star Haier refrigerator is a blend of great design and useful features. With this refrigerator, storing food and freshness of edibles is never an issue. It allows the person to store vegetables & fruits upto seven days without worrying.
- It provides a capacity of 19 litres and gives a direct cooling system.
- Its stabiliser free operation offers a wide range of voltage 135-290V.
- It comes with one year warranty period on the product and ten years on compressor.
- Haier refrigerator provides 1-Hour Icing Technology.
- It comes with a door lock facility.
- It is a 4-star energy rating refrigerator.
- It has a toughened glass that can hold the weight upto 120 kgs.
- There is an Anti-fungal removable gasket on the refrigerator door. It can be fixed and cleaned against fungal infection.
What we like
- Ice making is speedy, and ice cubes are ready in 45 minutes.
- The refrigerator has a sleek design, and its metallic paint is excellent.
- It has a cooling pad that maintains freezer temperature for upto 10 hours.
- Its high energy efficiency consumes the least units per year.
What we didn’t like
- The body of the refrigerator scratches easily.
- You manually have to defrost the freezer to remove ice build-up.
10. Godrej 190 R D EPro 205 TAI 5.2 BRZ WIN L 5 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Godrej 190 L 5 Star Direct is the Best Single Door Refrigerator from Godrej packed with amazing features. Godrej Refrigerator is an excellent combination of cooling and space. The stay-cool technology gives 24-Hour freshness during power cuts.
This refrigerator is the ideal place to store fruits, vegetable and dairy products. It keeps the food fresh for a longer time. With intelligent features, it helps to save power and huge money on electric bills. It ensures maximum coolness to food and comfort to the user.
- The product has 190 L capacity and is suitable for families with 2-3 members.
- It comes with a 5-star BEE energy ratings.
- The refrigerator comes with a one-year warranty.
- The compressor comes with a warranty time of 5 years.
- Its Stay cool feature provides 24-hour cooling retention.
- It comes with a large vegetable tray and toughened glass shelves.
- It comes with in-built stabiliser.
- It comes with Inverter-Compressor that makes it more durable.
What we like
- It provides energy-efficient light that consumes very less energy and lightens the entire refrigerator.
- The quality of the product is best and consumes less power.
- It offers the perfect blend of cooling and space.
- It does not require an external stabiliser.
Top 10 Single Door Refrigerators in India 2019
|Single Door Refrigerator||Capacity||Star|
|Whirlpool IMFRESH ROY 4S||215L||4|
|Whirlpool IMPWCool PRM 3S||200L||3|
|Godrej RD EPro 205 TAI 5.2 BRZ WIN||190L||5|
Best Single Door Refrigerator Brands in India
How to Choose a Single Door Refrigerator?
Different kinds of refrigerators are available in the Indian market, with many new exciting new features. It makes life more comfortable, but at the same time confuses you as to which refrigerator to buy. Below are some traits one needs to consider before buying a refrigerator.
Water and Ice Dispenser
This feature not only saves your time and energy but also ensures cooling of the fridge. You can keep the refrigerator cool for an extended period without opening it. But, it needs a continuous water supply to function.
The better the energy ratings, the better it ensures maximum cooling.
You must check the energy ratings before buying to ensure better cooling and savings.
This feature helps to remove any foul smell of food and odour particles from the fridge. It keeps the air fresh and prevents fungal growth in the refrigerator. This feature erases all the bad smell of the food and maintains freshness all day long.
Adjustable Shelves and Bottle Racks
The refrigerators have adjustable shelves that can be moved to make space for large items. It is the most beneficial feature for you.
You can adjust the bottle racks or height of the shelves as per your needs and utilise it to the fullest.
Tough Glass Shelves
You can safely keep your food items inside the fridge and keep it fresh all day long.
Energy Efficiency Rating (EER) is annually updated that gives the latest productivity rating. It is set over the standard test conditions and energy may vary depending upon the actual usage.
These days almost all the refrigerators come with built-in-stabilizer. It keeps your fridge protected from voltage fluctuations. This feature extends the life of your fridge.
Convertible Refrigerator / Freezer
It is the perfect feature for those who host many parties at home. To make more space in the refrigerator for large water bottles and fruits, you can adjust the divider.
With a button touch, you can convert the freezer into a fridge to have more space.
Antifungal Removable Gasket
It restricts the fungal and bacterial growth on the door’s gasket. The gasket is comfortable to remove and clean.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which Fridge is Best, Double or Single Door?
The double-door refrigerator is designed for the family of four to five, whereas a single door refrigerator is for couples or small families.
Single door refrigerator has a capacity of 50-250 litres whereas double door refrigerators have a capacity of 235 Liters to 495 Liters.
Single door refrigerator consumes less electricity than a double door refrigerator. It is economical as compared to a double door refrigerator. The double door fridge is also a Best Refrigerator in India. Some models have a water dispenser or ice dispenser in the fridge. The price list varies from low to high, according to the model.
Both the fridges are efficient according to your needs and suitability.
2. How Long Is a Refrigerator Supposed To Last?
The life expectancy of a refrigerator depends on how well it is cared for and its construction. Some models last for about ten years, while others work for as long as 19 years. The compact refrigerator runs for 14 years on average while a standard refrigerator runs upto 17 years.
3. How Many Units of Electricity Does a Refrigerator Use Per Day?
The power consumption of the fridge depends on many factors. It includes size, location, usage, its temperature, age and condition.
Usual electricity consumption of domestic fridges is between 100 to 200 watts. Over a full day, it uses around 1 to 2 kilowatt-hours (kWh).
4. What is Frost Free Refrigerator?
Self-defrosting, automatic defrost or Auto-defrost is a technique that regularly deforests the evaporator in a refrigerator or freezer.
The refrigerator using this technique is called frost-free, no-frost or frostless refrigerator.