Today, Can we imagine our life without a refrigerator? Certainly not!
A refrigerator is a masterpiece we can’t imagine to live without it. For storing the leftover food and keeping the veggies and perishable fruits fresh, we use it. Also, it is suitable for the scorching summer afternoons that demand nothing but a glass of chilled water to quench the thirst. Once considered as a luxury, this appliance has become an integral part of our life.
The choice of a refrigerator depends upon the storage capacity, budget, family size, eating habits, space in your home, etc.
With so many options of refrigerators or fridges available in the market, it becomes difficult to decide which one is the best. Sometimes you end up being confused with the tall claims of the brands.
Update your kitchen by buying a refrigerator and keep your food ultra-fresh with a Best Single Door Fridge. Also the side-by-side refrigerators, a multi-door refrigerator will take care of all your worries about your food going bad or losing its freshness.
If you are looking for a high-quality refrigerator, then you are in the right place.
Based on our Market Research, we have prepared a buyer’s guide along with a list of the Best Refrigerator in India 2019.
We highly recommend you to read our Refrigerators buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 Refrigerators in India 2019 for Home
|Whirlpool Imfresh Roy 4S||Single||215L|
|Whirlpool WDE 205 Roy 3S||Single||190L|
|Godrej RD EPro||Single||210L|
|Godrej RT Eon 311P||Double||311L|
Which are the Top 10 Best Refrigerators (Fridge) in India 2019?
1. Whirlpool 215 L 4 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Whirlpool is a well-known brand that offers a wide range of household appliances. It provides a range of refrigerators with innovative and cooling technology that gives customer relief. The Refrigerators has a sixth-sense power cool technology that makes the most efficient refrigerators.
It is the Best Refrigerator in India that has an anti-bacterial gasket which prevents bacterial growth. It has high storage capacity and a separate crisper with honeycomb moisture lock-in technology. It allows you to store multiple items in it. It keeps your food healthy and controls the moisture.
- It is a 4-star energy-saving refrigerator.
- The refrigerator has a capacity of 215-litres that is sufficient for four members.
- The vegetable crisper comes with Honey Comb Moisture Lock in technology. It maintains optimum moisture in your vegetables.
- With IceMagic Fresh, it keeps fruits and vegetables fresh for up to7 days.
- It is fastest in ice making and chills the water two times more quickly than other refrigerators.
- It has a built-in stabiliser that reduces the cost of extra stabiliser and will take care of power fluctuation and low voltage.
- The Magic Chiller and Laminar Airflow keep milk fresh for up to 12 hours even during power cuts.
What we like
- It has a removable anti-bacterial gasket.
- It has a large freezing capacity.
- It has sufficient space that takes care of all your daily necessities.
- The refrigerator section has air-boosters to ensure uniform-cooling.
2. LG 190 L 4 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
LG’s Smart Inverter Compressor is one of the most advanced and energy-efficient compressors. It ensures minimum noise so you can place it anywhere. It offers the best performance at a very reasonable price and a 4-star energy rated refrigerator to be used for the needs of large families along with all the latest technologies for effective functioning.
This Refrigerator comes with base stand drawer for more storage to store the vegetables such as onion, potatoes and more.
It is another delightful innovation for your convenience that gives you unmatched performance, significant savings in electricity and super silent operation and many more.
- It is a 4-star energy-efficient product.
- It comes with a capacity of 190 litres. It is ideal for nuclear families.
- Its shelf type is toughened glass.
- The warranty is of 1 year on the product and 10 years on the compressor.
- It has a manual defrosting function.
- LG’s smart connect technology allows the refrigerator to run on the inverter when there is no electricity. It will never spoil your food.
- It comes with a unique lattice-type box cover that maintains the better moisture level.
- It can make ice in just 108 minutes.
- Its antibacterial gasket keeps your food hygienic and healthy.
- Its input supply is of 90 to 310 voltage. It can work without a stabiliser too.
- It is perfect for a large family of 4 to 8 peoples.
What we like
- It gives an excellent performance.
- It is a highly efficient and long-lasting refrigerator.
- It cools down within minutes.
- It comes with a beautiful Arina type handle.
- It ensures less power consumption.
- You can easily clean its transparent glass.
3. Whirlpool 190 L 3 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
This is a single door that has a capacity of 190 litres. It comes with a Sixth Sense Quick Chill technology. It assures that the food remains fresh for a longer time. Its door racks are large enough to hold big bottles.
With Advanced Insulated Capillary Technology, it retains cooling for 9 hours even throughout power cuts. Its modern and contemporary design lends a touch of style to your home.
- It is best for families with 2-3 members.
- It has a 3-star energy rating.
- It performs stabiliser free operations. It helps the fridge to run smoothly even throughout voltage fluctuations within a range of 130-300V.
- It has toughened glass shelves. It allows you to store large utensils with ease.
- It comes with anti-bacterial removable gasket.
- It provides maximum bottle storage with two dedicated racks that can hold five one-litre bottles and three two-litre bottles.
- It has extra-large freezer and a crisper. It offers sufficient storage space.
- Whirlpool offers a one-year product warranty and five years on compressor.
- It comes with a smooth manual defrosting that gives cooling by allowing to defrost quickly.
What we like
- Its Honeycomb-moisture lock technology maintains moisture over all the veggies and fruits.
- It has a reciprocatory compressor that enables reliable performance with easy maintenance.
- It gives energy saving up to 35% with a 3-star rating.
- It comes with built-in stabiliser.
- It ensures stabilizer free operation.
- It has cyclopentane insulation. It reduces the amount of greenhouse gases emission.
4. Samsung 192 L 4 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
This Refrigerator has an innovative design with great features. It comes with an attractive design of flower petals on the fridge. It has a sturdy box cover that keeps your veggies fresh for a long time.
The Grande door design of the fridge enhances the look of the refrigerator.
- It has 4 Star energy rating.
- It has a single door with a capacity of 192 litres and suitable for families with 2-3 members.
- It provides a toughened glass shelf that can store up to 150kg of food.
- It comes with anti-fungal gasket.
- It comes with a warranty of one year on product and 10 years on compressor.
What we like
- Its digital inverter technology minimises the noise and uses less energy.
- It has bar chrome handle that allows you to open the refrigerator door smoothly.
- It has an attractive door design with floral print.
- It comes with features like 1-hour icing technology, 9 hours cooling retention, etc.
5. Godrej 210 L 5 Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Godrej is renowned as a world leader in the kitchen appliance category. Get single door refrigerator at your home and enjoy fresh food every season. It ensures excellent cooling efficiency in the refrigerator.
It offers the perfect blend cooling and space. Its Stay Cool technology gives 24-hour cooling retention even during the power cut or failure
- It has a large capacity of 210 Litres. It is sufficient for families with 2-3 members.
- It is a 5-star refrigerator.
- It has a freezer at the top and a bar handle that makes it easy to use.
- It has toughened glass shelves that can withstand even heavy utensils.
- It also comes with a jumbo vegetable tray coupled with a wide shelf that provides extra storage space.
- It has a built-in stabiliser that protects it from voltage fluctuations.
- It has a high cooling capacity that makes it easy to make frozen desserts and much more.
- With Aroma Lock feature, it allows locking in the delicious freshness of your food.
- There is a separate bottle space on the door of the refrigerator. You can store large size bottles and cans.
- Its input supply is 260 Volts.
- It holds a warranty of 1 year on product and 10 years on compressor.
What we like
- It has a gasket located inside the fridge that protects your food from fungi and bacteria.
- With Intelligent Inverter Compressor, it saves on your electricity bills.
- It comes with a vegetable tray for extra storage.
- It ensures better cooling even power cut.
- It comes under better kitchen appliances category.
- Its pearl wine colour looks elegant.
6. LG L 4 Star Frost-Free Double-Door Refrigerator
It is the Best Double Door Refrigerator in India that cools down all the contents quickly. It comes with 4 Star energy rating. Its Door Cooling+ feature makes the inside temperature more even and cools the fridge 35% faster than the conventional cooling system.
Its Inverter Compressor is tested for efficiency for over 20 years of a life-time.
- It has an inverter compressor for less energy consumption. It keeps the food fresh for a long time.
- It connects automatically with the inverter whenever there is a situation of power failure.
- Its capacity is of 360 litres, that means it can store a large number of food items.
- It has toughened glass shelves to carry heavy load without any spillage.
- It has an anti-bacterial gasket that protects your food from fungi. Also, it includes moist balance crisper that helps in maintaining the humidity inside the vegetable box.
- Its Multi-Air-Flow feature uses multi-flow air vents to distribute even cooling throughout the fridge.
- It comes with a frost-free defrost system with a lock support feature.
- The frost-free technology prevents the formation of ice inside the refrigerator.
- Its Smart Diagnosis feature diagnoses and solves the problems you may face with the refrigerator.
- Its shiny amber steel design comes with the high handle that helps to open the refrigerator’s door.
- It utilises 2 CFL’s of electricity on power cuts.
- You get a 1-year comprehensive warranty on the product and a 9-year warranty on compressor.
What we like
- It is highly energy-efficient and saves up to 51% of electricity. As a result, you save a lot on your electricity bill.
- It is ideal for a larger family.
- It provides cool air flow from multiple vents.
- It is one among the best home appliances.
What we didn’t like
- It racks are difficult to adjust when you place large utensils.
7. Samsung 324 L 3 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
Samsung is the largest home appliance brand in India. It comes with Digital Inverter Technology that automatically adjusts the compressor speed in response to cooling demand. It is one of the Best Refrigerator in India that minimises the noise and reduces wear and tear for long-lasting performance. It ensures better cooling performance to make more ice and chill drinks.
- This refrigerator from Samsung comes with Inverter Compressor that is less noisy, durable and energy-efficient.
- The product has one year of warranty and 10 years on compressor.
- It has a smart convertible 5-in-1 Refrigerator that ensures twin cooling plus technology.
- Its 324 Litre capacity is enough for three to four members.
- Its defrosting type is Frost-Free.
What we like
- It is suitable for modular kitchen.
- It has an Inverter Linear Compressor which ensures less electricity consumption.
- The temperature of the fridge, as well as the freezer, can be adjusted through the external digital display on the freezer door.
8. Haier 258 L 3 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
Haier 258 Litres is a double door fridge that is perfectly suitable for a family of 4 members. It is a top-mount swift convertible refrigerator. You can convert your freezer to fridge and back to the freezer in 50 minutes.
The fridge section is two times bigger than any other fridges to store more while keeping food fresh for a longer time. With PCM door finish design, this elegant refrigerator is a perfect match for your modern kitchen.
- It is a 3-star frost free double door refrigerator.
- It has 258 litres capacity to store a lot of fruits, vegetables along with regular food items.
- It has shelves made of toughened glass that can hold considerable weight.
- It uses Turbo Icing Technology that helps make the ice faster in just 49 minutes.
- It has a bigger Crisper than any other refrigerator. It gives you the convenience to store more vegetables.
- It comes with a twin twist moveable ice tray. Just twist it, and all the ice gets assemble in the box below.
- It uses Tower LED-light that is brighter and consumes less power and enlightens your entire refrigerator.
- It comes with twin energy modes. It can save up to 15% in one manner and up to 30% in another mode.
- The Warranty is of 1 year on product and 10 years on compressor.
What we like
- It consumes less electricity.
- It provides better cooling during a power cut.
- It provides perfect air flow that ensures it cools every part of the fridge.
- It is a frost-free refrigerator.
- It comes under an affordable price range.
9. Samsung 253L 3 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
Samsung offers various types of the refrigerator, but this one has unique qualities. It has Power-cool function that cools food with 31% fast speed. Even, it keeps beverages and eatables fresh all the time. It includes 4 number of shelves, one vegetable, and a fruit drawer.
This Best Refrigerator in India from Samsung has advanced digital-inverter technology that senses the temperature and adjusts it according to the compressor’s speed. It is energy efficient and extremely durable. It is beneficial for joint families.
- There is a 1-year warranty on the product and a 10-year warranty on the compressor.
- It comes with 3 Star energy rating.
- The digital-inverter technology helps to adjust the speed of the compressor according to the cooling demands.
- It comes with an LED Display panel. You can control temperature settings, power on and chilling modes with your fingertips.
- It has hidden hinges and bar handle. It enhances the decor of your kitchen.
- It comes with an Easy Slide Shelf that is spacious so you can store fruits and vegetables or other grocery items.
- It has a door alarm. If the fridge door does not shut well then, it notifies after two minutes.
- It has a Moist Fresh Zone that prevents excessive moisture and helps retain the freshness of fruits, vegetables.
- With the touch of a button, Power-Cool chills food 31% faster. Power Freeze makes ice 31% faster.
- This frost-free refrigerator comes with a Big Bottle Guard. You can place water bottles and beverage containers on it.
- Its all-around cooling functions maintain a constant temperature and give uniform cooling throughout the fridge.
- It comes with a glass shelf. It can easily hold a weight of food material up to 150 Kg. It can hold large utensils.
- It has a built-in stabiliser that protects the fridge motor from damage in case of power fluctuation.
- It has an elegant light located on the top and sides. It offers an easy view of every corner.
What we like
- It ensures limited noise and less energy usage.
- It is inverter compatible.
- It offers ample storage. You can transform your freezer into the fridge to create more space for food items.
- The frost-free technology makes sure that no ice is formed in the refrigeration section.
- Its stabiliser free operation gives protection at times of power fluctuations.
- It comes with Anti Bacterial gasket to keep the door liner neat and clean. It also protects the refrigerator from fungi and bacteria.
What we didn’t like
- The temperature control knob sometimes gets stuck.
10. Godrej 311 L 3 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
It comes with advanced features. It conveys superior protection by chilling off the refrigerator by 2 degrees before defrosting.
It comes with a bright and power-efficient LED light that illuminates its interior evenly so you can locate food quickly when you’ve midnight cravings.
- It has 3 Star energy rating.
- It comes with auto defrost to stop ice-build up.
- It comes with one year warranty on the product and ten years on compressor.
- It boasts an attractive design an energy-efficient operation.
- It comes with a twist and serves ice tray. You can take out ice cubes with a simple twist of the knob.
- With Stay Cool Technology, it ensures up to 10 hours of cooling retention throughout power cuts.
- Its Quick Freeze feature helps faster ice making in the freezer.
- It features slide-out bins in the central shelf for storing chillies, mint leaves and lemons.
- It features polybag suspenders in the freezer that let you conveniently hang poly bags of frozen food and processed food.
- With ZOP (Zinc Oxide Protection) technology, it fights rust.
What we like
- This eco-friendly refrigerator is CFC, HFC and HCFC free.
- Its gasket features Anti-B technology. It keeps the fridge content fresh and germ-free.
- It is an energy-saving refrigerator. It works even at a low starting voltage of 40 V.
Best Refrigerator Brands in India
Types of Refrigerators
All the refrigerators serve the same function. A fridge contains a refrigerant. It absorbs the heat from the contents of the refrigerator and, transfers this heat to the surrounding area.
Generally, there are three types of the refrigerator.
- Single Door
- Double Door
- Side By Side
As the name suggests, these refrigerators have a single door.
The freezer-box is also a part of this big compartment. It produces ice using the natural convection process. This type of refrigerators needs to be defrosted periodically.
It is compact and is suitable for couples and small family. It is cheaper as compared to the other types of fridges available in the market.
Their disadvantage is that they accumulate frost in their freezer compartment.
They are also known as Direct Cooling Refrigerators.
They have a storage space upto 300 litres.
Here, you have two different compartments with separate doors. One is for storing foodstuff, and another is for keeping ice-cubes, ice creams.
It contains a separate heating element that prevents frost formation. Hence, it is also called Frost-Free Refrigerators.
They are available in the capacities over 400 Litres. It is an ideal choice for large families.
Based on the location of the freezer compartment, there are two types of Double Door Refrigerators.
- Top-Mount Refrigerators.
- Bottom Mount Refrigerators.
Top Mount Refrigerators
In this type, the freezer box is located on the top. Refrigerator with top freezer shelf is the most common type of fridges available today.
It is the most preferred choice amongst the other options. It allows you to keep the foodstuff for cold storage and make it easily accessible.
Bottom Mount Refrigerators
The freezer box is present at the bottom of the refrigerator. Their upside-down look makes them look fascinating.
Bottom Freezer provides easy access to the freezer at the bottom. You don’t need to bend to take out the foodstuff kept in the refrigerator. So, it is user-friendly.
One should note that these refrigerators consume more energy than the top-mounted refrigerators.
Side By Side Refrigerators
This type of refrigerator is a slim refrigerator with side by side refrigerators doors. It comprises of a vertical freezer and looks like an almirah. It comes with an external ice machine.
Side By Side Refrigerators is ideal for small spaces as it has a small door swing space.
Some models of Side by Side Refrigerator have attached water and ice dispenser. You can obtain ice and cold water from here, without opening the door.
The drawback of the slim-size is that it limits the amount of food that you can store in the refrigerator. It makes the fridge less energy efficient.
Triple Door Refrigerators are also known as ‘French Door Refrigerators.’
It combines both the side-by-side refrigerator and the bottom freezer.
It comes with two side by side doors and a drawer-style freezer. It adds style to your interiors and has ample space to store the food.
How To Choose The Best Refrigerator For Your Home?
A bit of caution while buying any appliance can save you a lot of money! You need to buy the one that offers you great value for money.
To ease your task, here is our buying guide to choosing the best fridge for your home. Before putting your hard-earned money into buying a refrigerator, there are a few things you need to remember.
An essential factor that you should think about is what kind of fridge you need for your kitchen. Multi-Door, Standard Single door, Mini door, Standard Double door, Side by side door. Single or Double Door is the most common varieties of refrigerators.
There are different categories of refrigerators that look different and unique.
Apart from their appearance; the door styling, their size, capacity, defrost system, energy rating are also different.
It is one of the most important features you should look for in a refrigerator. Your type of refrigerator is the one that fulfils your requirements.
Every refrigerator comes with different capacity. It depends upon the type of refrigerator.
A Single-door refrigerator has a space of 50 Litres to almost 300 Litres.
Multiple door refrigerators come with a capacity in the range of 300 Litres to 400 Litres or above.
Number of Shelves
Single door Refrigerators come with two to three shelves.
The multi-door refrigerator comes with more number of shelves so that you can store the food in a more organised way. Therefore, a fridge with more number of platters is preferred over those with less number of shelves.
However, you can choose the right kind of refrigerator depending upon your needs.
Many of the refrigerators have adjustable shelves. You can move these shelves to make space for the larger items.
Defrosting is a simple way to melt ice from the freezer. Two types of defrost system are Direct Cool and Frost Free.
It requires a manual setting to remove ice from the ice-tray. You can increase or decrease the freezer’s temperature according to the weather. It uses convection to give instant cooling results. Its price is nominal.
Frost-free is expensive as it melts ice automatically. It comes in Multi-Door, Double Door and Side-by-Side Door. It softens the ice through an electric fan. It circulates the fresh and crisp air inside the refrigerator.
There are two types of refrigerator shelves.
Toughened Glass Shelves
Toughened glass is durable, easy to clean and long-lasting. It is made of tempered glass that can easily hold heavy objects on the shelf.
They are rust-proof and non-breakable. They are made of plastic and steel.
Inverter Technology is dominating the market nowadays.
In a standard refrigerator, the compressor works at a single speed. It either runs on or off. It consumes more power.
Unlike a regular compressor, an inverter compressor can work at different speeds. It optimises the cooling process and makes it efficient. It adjusts the pace when the desired temperature is reached. It helps you save electricity. As the refrigerator reaches its stable temperature, the electricity savings are more.
Inverter Compressors save 20-40% of the electricity as compared to regular compressors.
Energy Star Rating
Before you buy a new refrigerator, check the refrigerator energy efficiency.
Always look for the BEE star rating. Bureau of Energy Efficiency or BEE rates the brands and models of the refrigerators based on their efficiency to save electricity.
Refrigerators with 4 Star and 5 Star label are the most energy-efficient. They consume less power. They guarantee huge savings on electricity consumption.
Please note that the cost of a refrigerator increases with the increasing number of energy stars. So, you can go for a fridge with a 3-star label and all the features that suit your needs.
Protecting the refrigerator against voltage fluctuations is essential. A few years before, external voltage stabiliser was used to stabilise the voltage.
Nowadays, refrigerators come with an inbuilt stabiliser. It protects the fridge during power fluctuations. And, goes a long way in extending the life of the refrigerator.
Auto Smar Connect
Modern refrigerators run with Inverter Technology. You can connect them with the home inverter. It doesn’t require any manual settings as it works automatically and uses less power.
The Moisture Control feature keeps the fruits and vegetables fresh for a more extended time. The unique lattice-type box cover helps to maintain the optimum amount of moisture in the refrigerator.
Whenever there is a power outage, cool pack feature of the refrigerator comes to the rescue. It contains a cooling gel for circulating cool-fresh air in the fridge when we face long power cuts.
Usually, the fridge to freezer ratio is 80:20 or 70:30.
Today’s advanced technology allows you to convert the freezer into the fridge. It increases the storage quantity of the refrigerator.
A convertible refrigerator is useful for non-vegans as they use freezer-box more as compared to the vegans.
Water dispenser gives simple access to chill water anytime without opening the fridge. Water dispenser collects freezer water in the container and prevents spillage.
Buy a refrigerator from a reputed and trusted brand. You must research a bit about the top brands and the services they provide. The best refrigerator brands offer excellent after-sales service on the product. These reputed brands also provide customer care services.
Tips for Storing and Maintaining
- Always wait for the cooked food to cool down before you stick it into the fridge.
- Do not store citrus or juicy fruits at the back of the refrigerator shelves otherwise, and they will get frozen there.
- In case of a direct cool refrigerator, all the eatables should be removed from the freezer before starting defrosting.
- You should always use a light liquid detergent solution or synthetic detergent to clean the refrigerator. You can also use baking soda to clean the fridge.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How To Decide What Capacity Of The Refrigerator I Should Buy?
If you are a bachelor, then 40 to 80 Litres refrigerator is perfect for you.
A refrigerator with a capacity of 80 to 240 Litres is ideal for small families and couples. If you have 4-5 family members, go for a fridge with a capacity of 240-400 litres.
Refrigerators with a capacity of 400 Litres and above are ideal for large families.
2. Do We Need An Extra Voltage Stabilizer For A Refrigerator?
Nowadays, refrigerators come with an inbuilt stabiliser that prevents electrical damage during voltage fluctuations. So, there is no need for extra voltage stabiliser.
3. Which One Is A Good Fridge – Direct Cool Or Frost Free?
The direct-cool refrigerator uses the natural method of convection that helps in instant cooling. Also, this refrigerator is more power-efficient.
Direct cool refrigerators are less expensive as compared to the Frost Free Refrigerators. Frost Free Refrigerator is an ideal option for a big and medium family.
4. How To Remove Bad Odour From The Refrigerator?
A refrigerator is meant to keep the food fresh and prevent the spoilage of food by bacteria and fungi. Sometimes, the mix scents of the leftovers remained in the fridge make you feel ill. The blocked drainage system and incorrect temperature also add a foul smell to the refrigerator.
So, it is vital to clean your refrigerator to ensure its efficient working and a longer life span.
Wipe down all the surfaces inside the fridge using a soft cloth and a mild detergent solution.
After cleansing, keep the door open for a while to remove bacteria or smell. You can also use lemon, baking soda, ground coffee, or vinegar to get rid of the odour.
5. At What Temperature Should I Set The Fridge Or Freezer?
You can set the fridge temperature up to 37 degrees. It is an ideal temperature for quick cooling.
You can set the temperature of the freezer from below 18-degree Celsius to 22 Celsius for ice creams.
6. Does A Refrigerator Consist Of An Inverter Compressor?
Yes. These days, refrigerators come with a smart digital inverter compressor that maintains the speed and circulates the cold air quickly. It saves more than 40% of the electricity.
7. What Is A Beverage Rack In A Refrigerator?
A refrigerator comes with the separate water bottle rack, called Beverage Rack. It is useful for keeping 7 to 8 waters bottles inside the fridge.