In A Hurry? Our Top 3 Picks To Buy
Pressure Cooker is a common and useful appliance for cooking large varieties of Indian dishes such as Pulao, Brown Rice, Red Bean Soup, Butter Chicken, lentils and many more.
A pressure cooker cooks the food faster than conventional cooking methods. Pressure cooking needs less water that retains vitamins and minerals in the diet. This kitchen appliance saves most of the time.
It is handy and pocket-friendly. It fulfils our basic needs and makes our job comfortable. Our kitchen is incomplete without a Pressure Cooker.
We have prepared a list of Best Pressure Cooker in India based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 Pressure Cookers in India 2020
|Hawkins Contura||Stainless Steel||3L|
|Prestige Nakshatra Plus||Aluminium||3L|
|Prestige Deluxe Alpha||Stainless Steel||1.5L|
|Prestige Deluxe||Stainless Steel||3L|
|Hawkins Miss Mary||Aluminum||2.5L|
|Prestige Clip On||Aluminium||5L|
|Pigeon By Stovekraft Belita||Stainless Steel||3L|
Which are the Top 10 Best Pressure Cookers in India 2020?
1. Hawkins Contura Hard Anodized Pressure Cooker
This Hawkins Contura Hard Anodised Aluminium Cooker is one of the Highest Selling Pressure Cooker. It will never change the taste of food. It is a durable stainless-steel pressure cooker with the hard anodised body and a stainless steel lid that makes steam within 3 to 4 minutes. It has a flat base with a thickness of 3.25mm.
Its locking loop and sealing gasket give extra safety while you cook food. It’ll not get stained with excessive-use. It is the Best Pressure Cooker in India because it heats faster and cooks instantly. It is the budget-friendly home-appliances that will never a burden on your pocket.
- It has an extra-thick base that offers quick heating.
- The body of the pressure cooker comes with a hard anodized aluminum finish.
- It has ergonomically designed cool-touch-handle.
- It comes with Seal Gasket safety feature.
- It has a cover interlock feature. It keeps the pressure cooker safe until the steam-release properly.
- This 3-litre stainless steel cooker capacity is suitable for three to four persons.
What we like
- It is time-saving.
- It is a hard anodized supper pressure cooker.
- It is highly capable of conducting heat.
- The pressure cooker offers healthy homemade food.
- Its thick base allows for better performance.
- It has an additional safety feature as the cover does not open unless the pressure inside the cooker reduces considerably.
What we didn’t like
- It is not induction compatible.
2. Hawkins Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
Hawkins is India’s number-1 popular pressure cooker from the list of top 10 kitchen-appliances for cooking Indian recipes. It is one of the reliable, reputed brands of kitchen appliances that offers high-quality products. It has provided a wide range of stainless steel pressure cookers to the Indian Market. With this Stainless Steel Cooker, you can cook any dish within a short time.
These cookers have a long-lasting gasket that doesn’t get rubbed sideways or cut or scraped every time the pressure cooker is closed or opened. It is the best pressure cooker in India with a unique curved body design that help prevents the food from burning or sticking. You can place this SS pressure cooker on both gas and induction stove.
- It comes with a capacity is of 2 litres making it suitable for singles and couples.
- It is easy to stir the food during cooking.
- It is made of superior surgical grade non-magnetic stainless-steel materials. It is made of higher quality materials that makes it the preferred choice.
- Its stainless steel body ensures hassle-free cleaning.
- It saves fuel.
- It comes with pressure locked-lid safety feature. It retains all flavours, nutrients, vitamins inside the cooker as the exposure to the air is less.
- The warranty is of 5 Years on the product.
- It has a safety valve that is present under the handlebar. It gives the utmost safety during pressure cooking.
What we like
- It has an induction base that makes it induction compatible.
- Its bottom-flat base heats up so fast.
- It provides a cookbook with a cooker.
- Its rubber gasket is long-lasting.
- It is affordable.
What we didn’t like
- It is a little bit expensive, but it gives you great comfort in your kitchen.
3. Hawkins Contura Pressure Cooker
This Contura Pressure Cooker is an efficient and stylish pressure cooker. Hawkin’s is known for delivering high quality cookware that is reliable and leakproof.
If you are looking for multipurpose cooking utensil then, this Hard Anodised Cooker is an excellent option for you. This pressure cooker possesses a precise whistle that can help to regulate pressure correctly.
- It comes with an attractive design with rounded sides for easier stirring and easy removal of food cooked.
- It offers a comfortable grip when holding it.
- The brand provides 5 years warranty on the product.
- The 2 litres capacity is suitable for a small family.
- Its flat base measures 130mm in diameter and 325mm in thickness. It can withstand high hand and avoids the burning of food.
- These cookers are highly leakproof and reliable.
What we like
- The shape of the cooker is stylishly designed.
- It is made up of hard anodised aluminium.
- It is a strong and durable pressure cooker.
4. Prestige Nakshatra Pressure Handi
This pressure cooker is specially designed to give you great and fast cooking results. It has an anti-bulge base that is compatible with both gas tops and induction cooktops. It is an excellent appliance for making chicken, soups, noodles, pasta, noodle soup, lentils.
Its sturdy-handle gives extra grip that makes it durable and the best pressure cooker for regular use. If you want to ask any product related query, you may contact on 1800-123-334411.
- This hard anodised aluminium pressure cooker absorbs a significant amount of heat.
- With a capacity of 3 litres, it is a perfect pressure cooker for three to four members.
- It is ideal for cooking Indian delicacies.
- Its ebonite handles ensure comfortable-grip.
- It contains a precision weight safety valve that gives the first level of safety. It can release 1 Kg/Cm-steam.
- Its safety plug gives the second level of safety. It protects the top-fitted-lid from excessive pressure.
- It has a pressure regulator that can help in saving fuel.
- Its inner-lid is of high-quality virgin aluminium that extend its life.
What we like
- It is super-fast that makes it superb for Indian kitchen.
- Its inner lid gives great protection to the cooker.
- It is induction compatible.
5. Prestige Deluxe Alpha Pressure Handi
This Deluxe Alpha Handi is one of the excellent appliances for multi-use. Its aluminium steel sandwich base-cover is compatible with induction cooktop & gas cooking. It saves 30% of energy.
This alpha stainless steel pressure cooker is made of high-quality material that makes more strong. It ensures even distribution-heat. It comes with an extra safety feature that is its unique-indicator.
- It comes with ladle holder and glass lid. It gives you a one-stop solution to aid faster cooking.
- Its massive duty alpha induction base distributes uniform heat to prepare food from all sides.
- It is the best pressure cooker for Indian cuisines.
- Its capacity is 1.5 litres.
- Its outer lid has a rustproof steel coating. It enhances the longevity of the product.
- It’s precision valve can release pressure above 1 Kg/Cm.
- It comes with advanced safety functionalities such as Controlled Gasket Release System, metallic plug. Its CGRS releases the steam from cook-top if its vent gets blocked.
- It comes with a metallic plug safety purpose. It controls the extreme-steam and saves your kitchen from burning.
- Its double-screw handles are durable.
- It comes with a pressure-level-indicator. It indicates through the whistle to turn off the gas if food gets ready.
What we like
- It is easy to maintain.
- It is an induction base aluminium pressure cooker.
- It is stain-resistant and shock-resistant.
- It is useful for boiling, steaming, frying and roasting.
6. Prestige Deluxe Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
It is traditionally designed for modern kitchen home appliances. This alpha stainless steel pressure cooker comes with an induction bottom. So, these kitchen appliances are useful for both gas stove and induction stove. Its excellent built quality gives aesthetics to your kitchen with loads of feature.
Its body and handle both are fitted with two screws that make it last longer and durable.
- This alpha stainless steel comes with SS sandwich base cover. The alpha base reduces cooking time and saves energy.
- Its double screw handles ensure durability.
- Its metallic safety plug keeps the pressure cooker secure. It can help to release excess pressure.
- Its lid pressure indicator will let you know when to open the pressure cooker.
- Its Gasket automatically controls the steam-level.
- It provides an even temperature distribution to cook food quicker.
- Its 3 Litre food-making capacity ensures a large quantity of food.
What we like
- It is sufficient for everyday use.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- It comes with an induction base.
- It comes with advanced safety features.
- It is reasonable.
7. Hawkins Miss Mary Pressure Cooker
This Pressure Cooker is the right choice for nuclear as well as joint families. It gives heat to its heavy bottom. It is the smart cookware for the modern kitchen. It evenly gives consistent-heat to make proper steam.
Now cook easily a variety of delicacies like biryani, vegetable or meat curries with this pressure cooker. This pressure cooker comes with an aluminium body. Special care has been taken to makes this product durable.
- This aluminum cooker comes with premium-grade aluminium / pure virgin metal.
- It is 2.5 litres pressure cooker that is suitable for small families.
- Its package includes free rubber gasket, vent weight, cookbook, pressure-cooker-lid, guarantee-card, etc.
- It offers a leak-proof system for preventing liquids and food such as curry and dal from spilling out of it.
- The warranty is of 5 years on the product.
- This pressure cooker saves around 53% cooking time and fuel that proves to be an energy-efficient.
- It provides the heat uniformly within the pressure cooker.
What we like
- It is an ISI certified pressure cooker.
- It gives you trouble-free working.
- It is suitable for regular use.
- It is useful for faster cooking of lentils, sweet dishes.
- It heats up quickly so, will save your most of the time.
- It ensures efficient functionality.
- It has an elegant design.
- It is easy to clean and maintain.
8. Prestige Clip On Pressure Cooker
Prestige is a trustworthy brand for Indian home appliances. It offers innovative pressure cookers, but out of all aluminium, a pressure cooker is wonderful. It comes with a large capacity of 5 litres. This 5 Litres cooker is good for both medium & large families.
It provides customer service number:33441111 so you may call if you find any problem. These aluminum pressure cookers come with the weight valve assembly, metallic safety plug, GRS.
- It is compact. It can fit well in kitchen cupboards.
- It has a transparent-lid with unique ladle holder. You can monitor your food from outside.
- It is the best pressure cooker with the multifunctional feature. You can place it either on induction or gas burner.
- It’s charcoal black colour will enhance the grace of your kitchen.
- Its handle is resistant to heat.
- Its bottom base is made up of high-quality stainless steel & hard anodised aluminium.
- This 5-litre cooker comes with double screw, sturdy handle & flame guard.
What we like
- Its cleaning is simple.
- It is compatible with induction.
- It will absolutely benefit you for multipurpose such as boiling, sauteing, steaming, deep frying.
9. Prestige Popular Aluminium Pressure Cooker
It is India’s great aluminum pressure cooker. This Cooker serves tasty, fast and healthy food recipes within a few minutes. It has Gasket Release System for the 2nd level of safety. If cooker’s vent tube gets blocked then, its gasket will help to release the steam with the slot.
You can cook various food items like dal, sabji, stews and more with this pressure cooker without the long wait time.
- It comes with an aluminum base. It ensures fast cooking results.
- Its outer lid is made of aluminium. It is perfect for direct vessel and separator cooking.
- It comes with a steel-coating precision weight valve. It makes steam up to 1 Kg/Cm2.
- It has a Metallic Safety Plug. It will give the 3rd level of safety.
- It has a cool-touch handle. Its grip is superior and comfortable.
- It can cook a considerable quantity of food easily.
- It comes with 3 Litres capacity.
- The cooker is compatible with a gas stove.
What we like
- It is extremely safe.
- It is excellent for regular use.
- It is ideal for two to three family members.
- Hygiene and durability have taken care to build this cooker.
10. Pigeon By Stovekraft Belita Super Cooker
Stovekraft Belita is a high-grade steel pressure cooker that comes with a unique and functional form inspired by traditional Indian Handi cookware. The hard anodised aluminium pressure cooker comes in a black coloured design that adds elegance to your kitchen.
The kit includes a one-piece bowl of 3 litres, one-piece strainer-lid, one-piece cooker-lid and one-piece serving lid.
- It comes with a unique pair of user-friendly handles on either side.
- Its transparent lid is made of toughened glass that preserves the aroma and heat in foods.
- Stainer lid is made from a food-grade stainless steel material that you can use to drain hot water after cooking.
- Its steel lid ensures great sturdiness, efficient cooking, and easy maintenance.
- The 3 Litres pressure cooker is ideal for cooking and serving.
- It has ergonomic bakelite handles that make it easy to handle.
What we like
- It has a scratch-resistant ceramic coating.
- It is a hard anodized aluminum pressure cooker.
- It is a stylish and highly durable cooker.
- It is compatible with the induction cooktop.
- It helps in cooking food with ease.
Best Pressure Cooker Brands
Other Models That You May Consider
- Butterfly Cordial Aluminium Non-Induction Pressure Cooker 3L
- Butterfly Standard Aluminium Pressure Cooker 7.5L
Types of Pressure Cookers
You can categorise a pressure cooker in two kinds: stove-top pressure cooker and electric pressure cooker. Electric Pressure Cookers are also known as Rice Cookers.
A Stove-Top cooker is of 3 types depending upon the material used.
Stainless Steel Pressure Cookers
- They are heavier, lustrous and highly durable.
- Stainless steel cookers are safe as they don’t react with the acidic ingredients used while cooking food.
- You can clean the surface of the cooker by using metal scrub.
- These are corrosion-resistant. However, it may develop spots when washed with hard water.
- These are less expensive as compared to their peers.
Hard-Anodized Pressure Cookers
- They are a lightweight and good conductor of heat.
- They are stain-free.
- They are good and safe to use as they do not react with the acidic-contents.
- They may develop scratches if you wash them with metal scrubs.
- They are the most expensive pressure cooker available in the market.
Aluminium Pressure Cookers
- Aluminium is an excellent conductor of heat.
- These cookers are the most economical of all.
- Aluminium reacts with turmeric, citrus acid, etc. So, it doesn’t score high on the health quotient.
- These aren’t resistant to corrosion, and their appearance wears away with time.
- They aren’t durable.
How to Choose the Best Pressure Cooker?
There are various options of pressure cookers are available in the market. So, in this section, we have mentioned some important points that will help you to pick the right one. Here is a list of some essential factors which you need to consider or keep in mind while buying a pressure cooker:
It is a crucial factor to consider. If you choose a smaller scale, you’ll have to cook multiple times that results in the wastage of fuel and time. On the other hand, a larger cooker requires more cleaning effort. So, you need to be careful while choosing the size of a cooker.
The ideal size of a cooker depends on the size of a small Indian family. You should choose a cooker size according to your family size. 1.5 Litres is sufficient for two-to-three-members.
3 litre is suitable for four-members. 5 litre is perfect for seven-members. 7 litre is sufficient for ten-members.
Inner Lid and Outer Lid Cookers
There are two models of a pressure cooker, i.e., Inner lid cooker and Outer lid cooker. In the internal lid model, the top of the lid goes inside the cooker. They are safer as compared to the cooker with outer lid type models. They feature a new lid-locking system to hold the build-up of extra pressure-level. It must have sturdy, anti-slippery handles for an excellent grip. Look for a pressure cooker that comes with standard safety marks. ISI mark denotes that the stove has passed the rigorous tests and checks by the BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards).
Once we buy a pressure cooker, we expect it to last longer. So, the durability of pressure cookers is an important factor to consider. Hard anodised base and stainless-steel pressure cookers are made from corrosion-resistant materials and don’t lose shine.
We suggest you do not purchase the Non-stick Pressure Cookers as these will not lasts-long.
Nowadays, many people use Induction Stoves instead of LPG gas stove. Therefore, choose a pressure cooker that is compliant with an induction stove.
Also, look out for the words ‘Dishwash Safe’.
Indian cooking involves the use of a lot of spices (acidic-content), salt, etc. So, the material used in the manufacturing of a cooker should not react with these acidic-contents.
For example, the Deluxe Aluminium Pressure Cooker responds to the various acidic ingredients present in the dishes and makes it unhealthy. Stainless steel cookers, the hard anodised cooker is better in this regard.
The top brands in the Indian Market provide extended warranties on their product. Choose a pressure cooker brand that offers the maximum guarantee.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is Pressure Indicator?
Pressure indicator tells whether the foods are ready or not. It releases steam through the whistle and saves our foodstuff from overheating.
2. Does A Pressure Cooker Serve Healthy Food?
Yes, it allows you to make delicious foods. It comes with the close fit lid to retain all the flavourings. It will never change the taste even after keeping eats for long hours.
3. Can We Use a Cooker on Induction Cooktops?
Yes, some cookers are induction base aluminium pressure cooker. You can use it on the cook-top for boiling vegetables, and soups.
4. What kind of Recipes Can We Cook in the Pressure Cooker?
You can make 30 to 40 recipes. It can prepare brown-rice, porridge, 10 to 12 lentils, chicken, oatmeal, and soups.
5. Can We Clean the Cooker with Detergent?
Yes, you can clean with vim bar or mild soap. It is easy to remove stains from the cooker.