The hotch-potch of today’s fast and busy city life doesn’t allow us to devote ample time for cooking our favourite dishes. Leading such a hectic lifestyle, we skip fueling our body with proper nutrition. Be it timely or untimely meals, our work life compels us to ignore our health.
One of the main reasons for all this is time-consuming cooking methods.
There are a number of kitchen appliances that speed up the cooking process. Microwave Oven is one such appliance. Buying a microwave oven cuts down your cooking time and efforts to half.
From heating the eatables or nuking the cold food to baking cakes and bread; a microwave oven has made cooking a hi-tech experience.
There are hundreds of dishes that you can prepare with a Microwave Oven such as kebabs, tandoori chicken or other baked food items.
Besides, you save on electricity bills and LPG cylinders. You don’t need gas supply or flame to heat or cook food. Moreover, cooking with a microwave oven is considered as the best way to cook healthy food.
Today, it has become an integral part of a modular kitchen in India.
When it comes to choosing a microwave oven, browsing through a myriad of options is a difficult task.
Based on our Market Research, we have prepared a list of Top 10 Best Microwave Oven in India. It includes detailed customer reviews, key features, what we like and what we didn’t like.
We highly recommend you to read our microwave oven buyer’s guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 Microwave Ovens for Home – Comparison Chart
|IFB 117PM MEC 1||Solo||17L|
|Bajaj 1701 MT||Solo||17L|
Which is the Best Microwave Oven in India for 2019?
1. IFB 17 L Solo Microwave Oven (17PM MEC 1, White)
IFB is one of the best microwave brands in India. IFB Solo Oven is a masterpiece with several nifty features, an auto-cooking mode and a powder coated cavity to keep the germs at bay.
With this 17L microwave oven in your kitchen, you can defrost the food, prepare dishes from your favourite cuisines or heat the food as required.
People consider this model of IFB as a great deal because of its aesthetic looks. This small microwave oven is recommended for small families.
- It has a capacity of 17 Litres. It is ideal for a small family and bachelors.
- It uses 1200 Watts of power for reheating, defrosting and cooking.
- It allows you to choose from 5 levels of power settings. You can set the level of heating you desire.
- Its powder-coated cavity protects your food from germs.
- It has an auto-cutoff feature. It prevents overheating of the food.
- It has three standard cook menus. It helps you to change auto-cook settings. You don’t need to cancel the timer.
- IFB offers a 1-year warranty on the product. And, for the important parts like Magnetron, Cavity they provide a 3-year warranty.
What we like
- It allows you to explore new flavours and dishes without much effort.
- It is easy to clean and maintain.
- It is budget friendly.
- This small capacity microwave oven is suitable for a small family.
2. Bajaj 17 L Solo Microwave Oven (1701 MT, White)
Bajaj microwave oven allows you to prepare delicious dishes in the comfort of your home. Whether you want to heat up sweets and vegetables, defrost the frozen food still, it serves all delicious meals and fulfils the food needs. Its stylish design and unique features make it a fit for Indian kitchen space.
If you love frozen food and want to eat every day then, Bajaj Solo microwave is a better option for you. It defrosts food within a short period of time. If you are looking for a microwave with low capacity and basic functionality, this is the perfect choice for you.
- It has a capacity of 17 litres.
- Its wattage is 1200 Watts.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty from Bajaj.
- It has a mechanical control knob. It helps you to set the temperature according to food type.
- The oven includes 30 minutes of cooking alarm. It sends you an alert as the cooking process is complete.
- It has a jog dial with five power-levels. You can choose the preferred temperature for cooking.
- It also works like convection.
- Its defrost feature lets you thaw the frozen food.
What we like
- It can easily fit anywhere.
- It has user-friendly features.
- It has an affordable price.
- It is perfect for Indian families.
3. Samsung 23 L Solo Microwave Oven (MS23F301TAK/TL, Black)
Samsung microwave oven is one of the best selling microwaves in India. It is the perfect choice for preparing Indian dishes without any worries. It isn’t just impressive in looks but offers an equally impressive performance as well.
It is a brilliant product that comes with features such as reheating, defrosting and healthy cooking. You can make several traditional recipes with the simple touch of a button.
As compared to the conventional microwave ovens, Samsung microwaves avoid giving the food with cold centres or overcooked edges.
- There is a 1-year warranty on the product.
- Its power consumption is of 1150 Watts.
- Its operating voltage is 230 Volts.
- It comes with a stylish curved handle attached with the front door to open or close freely.
- It has a capacity of 23 litres.
- Its tactile buttons make it look attractive.
- Its jog dials are simple and easy to use.
- Its interior has a scratch-free and stain-resistant ceramic enamel cavity. It offers easy cleaning. It won’t discolour over time.
- Its Triple distribution system ensures an even distribution of heat.
- You can choose from a wide variety of 20 Pre-set cooking modes. It allows you to make a variety of dishes.
- It provides a child lock safety feature.
- It comes with an LED function. It illuminates the interior and lets you see the container.
- It has an energy saving mode.
- Its stylish premium design will enhance the decor of your kitchen.
- Its interior, as well as, the exterior body has a ceramic enamel coating.
- Its Deodorize function allows you to remove the bad smell and excessive smoke from the oven.
- ECO mode saves power.
What we like
- It uses less electricity.
- It keeps your food fresh.
- Its surface is smooth and long-lasting.
- It offers uniform heat distribution.
- The product gives such big capacity at the best affordable price.
4. LG 20 L Solo Microwave Oven (MS2043DB, Black)
LG microwave oven comes with I-Wave technology. It evenly circulates microwaves inside the cavity to assure healthy and faster cooking.
Its Anti-microbial cavity increases the hygiene of the appliance. It provides 5 options to set the power level. It lets you control the cooking temperature.
- The product comes with a warranty period of 1-year.
- It is a solo microwave oven that is good for defrosting, cooking and reheating.
- Its Indian Cook Menu allows you to cook 28 Indian dishes.
- It comes with a child safety lock feature to ensure child safety.
- It has touch keypad with 44 options in the auto-cook menu preset options for getting a tasty dish like Indian cuisine, sweets, kids delight, snacks, breakfast with just one click of a button.
- Its capacity is 20 Litres.
- It consumes 700 Watts of power.
- Its antibacterial cavity shields the food to protect against germs.
- It features a Health Plus button that allows you to maintain calories in the food.
- It features a Cooking Completion Alarm.
- It comes with a Next Step Guide. This feature helps you to locate which button to press next.
- When the oven is in standby mode, the automatic display off feature helps you save energy.
What we like
- It serves different varieties of dishes without any hassle.
- You don’t need to remember which button to press next.
- I-Wave patented technology ensures healthier cooking.
- It cooks food without hot or cold spots or rubbery edges.
What we didn’t like
- It doesn’t come with any starter kit. So, you have to buy microwave bowls.
5. Whirlpool 20 L Solo Microwave Oven (Magicook 20SW, White)
With Whirlpool solo microwave oven in your kitchen, you don’t need to rely on food delivery apps or take-outs. It allows you to cook delicious food to your delight.
This oven features an LED digital display, different power controls and Indian auto cook menu. It can be used for defrosting, reheating and cooking. It is manually defrost preserved for the special food items. It is perfect to bake cakes, pizzas, sponge cakes, etc.
If you are looking for a microwave oven with basic functionality and low capacity then, this is the best oven for your kitchen.
- The warranty is of 2 years on the magnetron.
- It allows you to choose from 10 power setting options as required.
- It includes Indian auto cook menus.
- Its capacity is 20 litres.
- It has a turntable size of 245 mm. You can place large containers on it.
- It includes a grill and a touch foil option for comfortable cooking.
- It features a feather touch membrane for easy touch controls.
- With its LED feature, it is easy to check your choice of selection.
- It consumes 700 Watts of power.
What we like
- It is compact in size.
- It is budget-friendly.
- Though it operates for a longer time, it doesn’t make much than a traditional microwave oven.
6. IFB 20 L Convection Microwave Oven (20SC2, Metallic Silver)
When it comes to microwaves, IFB is a household name. They are considered to be the Best Convection Microwave Ovens in India.
IFB 20 L microwave with basic design is beneficial for multi-use. It comes with a host of quality features that are suitable to cook Indian and Foreign recipes. It comes with various smart features like auto cook menu, auto clean, child lock, reheating, defrost, etc.
- Its speed defrost feature takes care of defrosting the food within minutes.
- Its power consumption is 1200 Watts.
- Its input voltage is 230 volts.
- The oven has a 20-litre capacity.
- Its touch keypad has a timer display. It lets you know the power level and cooking time.
- It has a child lock feature. This feature ensures that your child can roam around the kitchen without affecting the working of the oven.
- It has three cooking styles in the auto-set cook option. You can choose from the microwave, grill and convection for preparing a variety of food items.
- The warranty is of 1 year on product and three years on Magnetron and Cavity.
What we like
- It isn’t a heavy power consumer.
- Its neat and clean design matches any type of kitchen.
- It is easy to use on a daily basis.
7. IFB 23 L Convection Microwave Oven (23BC4, Black + Floral Design)
IFB microwave oven is a delight to those who love to cook something new and different every day. It is packed with a number of features. This quality product is worth buying. IFB 23L Convection Microwave Oven comes with the classy floral design door.
It will give a new look to your kitchen. It is a portable microwave oven suitable for small families. It comes with exciting features such as auto cook menus, defrost and multi stage cooking as well.
It provides a combination of three modes to cook, grill, microwave and convection feature. It is the best selling point of the IFB microwaves. It has 10 power levels and, the temperature can be raised to a maximum of 220-degree Celsius.
- The oven has a capacity of 23 Litres.
- Its convection feature enables you to defrost, heat, bake, cook and grill.
- It has a steam clean mode. It makes cleaning the interior of an oven extremely easy.
- It has a touch keypad. It is packed with essential features like defrost, auto cook menus, and fermentation function that allows you to make different types of foods.
- Its auto cook feature with 71 cooking methods add flavours to your dining table.
- It has 1 to 10 temperature settings. You can choose the perfect setting according to the food requirement.
- It has 10 power levels for making cakes, caramel, tea, coffee, potato, popcorn, veg pizza, baby milk, etc.
- It has sensors that protect the oven from interruptions. It doesn’t allow the oven to overheat.
- The warranty is of 1 year on Product and 3 years on Magnetron and Cavity.
- Its microwave consumes 1400 Watts of power. The power consumption of convection and grill feature is 1850 and 950 Watts.
- It comes with a child lock facility.
- The oven has a stainless steel cavity that enables better reflection and uniformity for the inside evenly.
What we like
- It saves 40% of electricity when not in use. So, it helps you save money on your electricity bill.
- It has Deodoriser and Disinfection function. It keeps the food and microwave cookware away from the germs.
- It hosts multiple power levels.
- With such a high power of 1400 Watts, it can cook the food in a timely manner.
- It has multi-stage cooking features.
8. IFB 30 L Convection Microwave Oven (30FRC2, Floral Pattern)
IFB convection microwave oven is useful for reheating, grilling, baking, cooking and defrosting food items. Now you don’t need to go outside for eating pizza, cakes, cookies, crispy meat, barbecue, chicken kabab, sandwich, idli, etcetera.
With instant cooling and warm feature, it is quite useful for daily cooking. With super large 30 litres capacity, it is an ideal option for those who are looking for a large microwave.
It allows you to work at a combination mode. It means that two methods are working are working at the same time for faster cooking.
- Its capacity is 30 Litres. It is sufficient for large families.
- It has 101 standard menus with auto cook settings. You don’t need to cancel the timer in auto cook option.
- It has a child lock. It will save your microwave from accidental damage.
- The warranty is of 1 year on the product, 3 years on both cavity and magnetron.
- Its microwave power consumption is 1400 Watts, convection power consumption is 2200 Watts, and grill power usage is 1250 Watts.
- It comes with a floral door panel that is made of metal. It makes your kitchen classy.
- It has a fermentation feature. It is perfect for dough yeast and milk products.
- You can disinfect baby bottles and other utensils in the microwave.
- With the multistage cooking program, you can set the grill, convection and microwave for different purposes.
- It comes with touch keypad with several menu setting like timer/clock, Power saves, reset, auto start, grilling option, convection grill, disinfect.
- It has an auto set and accesses three levels of cooking, Convection + Turn Grill, Micro + Convection, Convection + Turn Grill + Micro and so on.
- It uses 230 voltage, 50 Hz frequency of power and its microwave frequency is 2450 MHZ.
What we like
- Its grill mode makes yummy and crispy meals.
- It has a combination cooking option.
- It is ideal for quick heating and defrosting with plenty of other auto-cook functions.
9. Samsung 28 L Convection Microwave Oven (CE1041DSB2/TL, Black)
Save INR 4,380.00 ( 29% )
(as of 25/03/2019 09:39 IST - Details)
View on Amazon
Samsung is the most trusted brand in India. It is another best selling microwave oven. Samsung microwaves come with a rapid defrost feature. It makes sure that the food is neither soggy nor hard.
Samsung 28L is a combi microwave oven. You can choose two different modes at the same time. Cook healthy meals with slim fry technology as it can cook crispy meals using minimal oil. You don’t need to worry that the food coming out will be overcooked and cold. It is a microwave oven with good design, LED display and other good features.
- It has six power levels with several cooking modes. It lets you cook as per your delight.
- Its turntable size is 318 mm.
- It has an inbuilt keep warm function that keeps your dishes hot even after switching off the microwave.
- The warranty is of 1 year on the product.
- Its magnetron comes with a 5-year warranty.
- It is a quartz convection heater. You can set the temperature from 40-degree Celsius to 200-degree Celsius.
- It has a capacity of 20 litres.
- It includes an LED display.
- It comes with advanced fermentation technology. It allows you to make dough and curd any time.
- It comes with tandoor technology. It can make perfect crispy and crunchy Missi roti, naan.
- Its package includes crusty plate, wire rack, quick guide label.
- Its power consumption is 2900 Watts.
- It has a ceramic coating. It makes the product durable and long-lasting.
- It comes with child lock.
- The Slim-Fry Feature offers crispier potato fries or chicken nuggets.
- It has three different cooking styles. You can choose convection, grill or microwave option for preparing mouth-watering dishes.
- It has a power/defrost system.
- Its input supply is 230 Volts.
What we like
- It is durable and heat-resistant.
- It is simple to operate.
- It keeps the food warm for a long time.
- The Slim Fry Feature is specially designed for the health-conscious people.
10. IFB 25 L Convection Microwave Oven (25SC3, Metallic Silver)
IFB convection microwave oven can make crunchy and juicy meals with original flavours. It contains quick start button. You just have to set the weight and start button to get instant results. It comes with Deodorise facility. It makes your microwave and other components germ-free.
Unlike a regular oven, it maintains the cool outside while it is heating the food with the high temperature inside.
- It is suitable for nuclear families.
- The warranty is of 1 year on the product.
- Its magnetron and cavity come with 3 years warranty.
- It is loaded with 26 auto cook menu options.
- Its child lock ensures complete safety.
- It consumes 2000 Watts of power on convection mode.
- Its microwave uses 1400 Watts of power.
- Its membrane type is of touch keypad. Its usage is so simple.
- Its convection can be used for grilling, defrosting, reheating, cooking and baking.
- It features a keep warm function to save your food from being overcooked. It delivers a low microwave pulse. Also, it keeps the temperature of the food at a constant level.
- It has a steam-clean feature. You can use it to remove the dirt from the microwave.
- It comes with a shockproof stainless steel body.
What we like
- It has a corrosion-free and glossy body.
- Its convection mode works great for roasting food like chicken.
- It is user-friendly.
Best Microwave Oven Brands
Types of Microwave Oven
There are two types of microwave ovens:
- Conventional Microwave Ovens
- Convection Microwave Ovens
Conventional Microwave Ovens
Conventional Oven works on the principle of microwaves absorbed by a plastic or glass container to cook food.
They are of two types, Solo Microwave Oven and Grill Microwave Oven.
Solo Microwave Oven
Solo Microwave Oven is an ideal choice if you are looking for simple and basic cooking purposes such as reheating the cooked food or baking the cakes occasionally.
Solo microwave ovens cannot perform grilling and roasting functions.
Grill Microwave Oven
Grill microwave ovens are beneficial for reheating, roasting, and grilling purposes. If you love grilled or fried food or, prefer to make grilled chicken at home, this type of oven is the best for you.
These are ideal for making dishes like kebabs, toast, tikka, sandwich etc.
Convection Microwave Oven
A convection microwave uses a combination of the two technologies – a regular microwave and a convection oven. It is the most powerful and can perform all cooking tasks including reheat, grilling, and baking. Convection feature turns the microwave oven into a second conventional oven.
The added features such as magnetron and heating element make food crispier and brown. It takes less time to cook food.
If you love to cook and bake different food items, then convection ovens are a great choice for you. You can cook a variety of yummy food items like cookies, cakes, pizzas, etc. using this microwave.
The only downside is that people with limited budget can’t invest in such a high-end microwave oven models.
How to Choose a Microwave Oven?
In this section, we’ll tell you how to choose and buy the best microwave oven for your home. Here, we have elaborated some of the important factors you should keep in mind for buying the best microwave.
A stylish and ergonomic design microwave oven adds to the decor of the kitchen.
The past designs were heavy and used to consume a lot of space. Nowadays, this appliance comes in a sleek and small design with a wide range of colours.
Microwave ovens save your time. It provides you with unlimited cooking options. You don’t need to rely on frozen junk food. Using its auto cooking option, you can easily prepare tasty food within minutes. They are quick for roasting, baking, grilling and defrosting.
If you are going to use an oven just for baking, toasting and grilling, you can go for an OTG Oven.
You can read our reviews & buying guide on Best OTG Ovens.
Capacity and Size
Capacity and size of microwave oven are important factors to consider while buying a microwave oven.
The capacity of microwave oven is the volume of space available inside it. It is expressed in litres.
Further, if you use a large sized microwave oven for cooking a small amount of food, it leads to unnecessary or high energy consumption. Using the wrong size microwave oven wastes a lot of time, money and electricity. So, it is important to buy the microwave of the right size based on the quantity of food you will cook.
However, microwaves with 20-30 litres capacity are sold the most in India as most of the Indian families are medium-sized (5 to 8 member family). For a large family, microwaves with higher capacity are available in the market.
Size of a microwave oven can also be decided based on the desired power output of the appliance.
Microwave Ovens with no metal racks partially heat the food. The layer of the food in contact with the base is under-cooked several times due to uneven heat.
To avoid such things, it is best to use a microwave oven with removable metal racks. The racks ensure an even heat distribution around the food for uniform cooking.
Higher the wattage of the microwave oven, more is the energy consumed. Everyone wants to use an energy-efficient home appliance.
So, it is another important point to consider. Oven’s wattage or power comes in watts. You should consider wattage of a microwave oven based on your usage.
You can read review on the power rating, capacity and the heating ability according to your usage.
Microwave ovens use an intelligent heating system to reduce the power consumption. The most popular brands like Samsung, IFB, etc. come in the range wattage between 600 and 1500-Watts.
It also depends on family size. If you have a big family and need to cook a large amount of tasty food, then opt for a microwave with higher wattage.
You can go for an inverter-based unit. An Inverter-based smart microwave oven produces an equal amount of output power according to the temperature you set. It will deliver a 50% output when it is set to 50%, and 100% output when it is set to 100%.
Overheat and Sensory Protection
With this feature, an oven will automatically adjust the power or shut off the operation in case of overheating. It prevents unnecessary accidents while cooking.
It is a notable feature of microwave ovens.
Some foods such as cakes or pastries take so much time to get perfectly cooked. It consumes a lot of power and energy. Such foods require to pre-heat the oven to a certain temperature before you start baking them.
People who eat non-vegetarian food love this feature in the microwave ovens. It is a grill you use for barbecuing poultry, meat, paneer and vegetables.
Some microwave ovens come with amazing features that ensure a dish cooked to perfection.
- Most of the models feature preset programs on their menu. It allows you to prepare your favourite dish just with a click of the button.
- Humidity Sensors, as an added feature, helps in defrosting the frozen food properly.
- The Auto-Cook Menus allow you to explore new flavours. You get to choose a recipe from the cooking range, based on what, the cooking duration and heating time are automatically set. Cooking food becomes a simple process.
- There are Reheat and Defrost options. With Auto-Defrost Function in a microwave oven, you can defrost all types of food.
- Also, some microwaves come with Diet Fry feature. It allows you to use minimum oil for cooking your favourite dish just like an Air-Fryer.
- Lemon Clean Function: Some models feature a Lemon Clean Function. It allows you to remove the stains in the inner cavity just by heating lime in a bowl of water.
- If you forget to set the time, the automatic sensors turn off the microwave as the food is cooked.
- Auto Defrost Feature checks the weight of the food items and defrosts accordingly. The weight defrost system ensures that there are no cold spots or burnt edges in the food items.
- These days, most of the home and kitchen appliances come with timer feature. You can set the timer manually to heat, defrost or grill without worrying. It allows you to look after other kitchen chores without worrying about the food.
Besides, there are other additional options as child lock system, anti-bacterial system, etc.
If you have a microwave with a touch control panel, you need to handle it carefully. It is better to buy a microwave oven with a mechanical control panel or a combination of both.
Make sure to find out the ideal ventilation for a microwave in your kitchen. Higher the CFM (cubic feet per minute) of a microwave hood, better it is.
Ease of Cleaning
Many of the best microwave ovens come with non-stick interior coatings that make the cleaning process easy. Another good option is to go for microwave ovens with stainless steel interiors.
Both these options increase the life span and working of the product, and saves your money in the long run.
Now that you’ve got a fair idea about the factors to be considered while purchasing a microwave oven, let us discuss some of the frequently asked questions.
Being a growing market for microwave ovens, you will find some of the best appliances in India.
Brands like IFB, Samsung, Bajaj, Whirlpool manufacture top quality products. Their products have been chosen online in India by the hundreds of users with good reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Microwave Oven?
Microwave Oven is a cooktop that uses microwave rays using an electromagnetic field to cook the food placed inside the oven. It prepares the food at high temperature in less time. It is an efficient device and is used almost everywhere for baking. It is also used for heating the food quickly. It is an essential modern day kitchen appliance.
How Does a Microwave Work?
A microwave works using microwaves.
Micro-waves are the types of waves that are located between the radio waves and infrared radiations on the electromagnetic spectrum.
These microwaves are absorbed by water, fats and sugar. As a result, they generate heat.
Please note that metals have a property to reflect the microwaves. That’s why it is advised not to use metal utensils for cooking in a microwave oven.
What is a Convection Microwave?
It is a combination of a Standard Microwave and a Convection Oven. You can heat up the food at a higher temperature. A convection microwave oven works with the fan that circulates hot air inside the oven.
Does Cooking Our Food in the Microwave Oven Make it Less Nutritious?
Not at all! Usually, vegetables lose their nutrients if cooked in water. An oven helps you prepare your delicious food without losing the nutrients present in the food. Further, it improves the taste and flavor of the foodstuff you put into it.
Can I Use Metal Objects in a Microwave Oven?
No. It can damage your microwave oven.
How Do I Know What Appliances Should be Used for Cooking in the Microwave Oven?
The utensils that can be used for cooking in the microwave ovens have the statement, ‘Microwave Safe’ printed at their bottom. It means these appliances are safe to be used in your oven.
How to Clean The Stainless Steel Interior of a Microwave Oven?
To clean the stainless steel surface inside a microwave oven, you can use sprinkles of lemon juice and vinegar with water. Use a soft sponge or cotton cloth to wipe the surface.
It will clean the surface and remove the odour of the cooked food.
How to Check Whether an Appliance Is Suitable for Cooking in the Oven?
Place the utensil in the microwave with a half-full glass of water. Heat for one minute with the maximum setting.
If the utensil gets hot, it shouldn’t be used for making food. If the utensil is slightly warm still, you shouldn’t use it in a microwave. You can use it for reheating but not for cooking purposes.