Indian foods are rich in taste and aroma with their masalas and oils. The cooking style like frying, grilling, spluttering ‘Tadka’ adds flavour.
We can’t deny, though, at times Indian cooking can be difficult.
You must have suffered from watery eyes while deep frying the onions and red chillies. The strong aroma and cooking fumes float around the house and create irritating odour.
You must have noticed the kitchen walls turning yellowish with tiles. The cabinets are becoming greasy, and you must have seen smoke marks on the surfaces.
It not only makes the cleaning of the kitchen, a tough job. It discourages many people from making their favourite dish.
By using a kitchen chimney, you can cook to the delight of your heart. It enriches your experience of cooking. It gives relief to Asthma patients.
Based on Market Research, we have prepared a list of Best Kitchen Chimney in India 2019.
We highly recommend you to read our Kitchen Chimneys buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 Kitchen Chimneys in India 2019
|Kitchen Chimney||Size||Suction Capacity|
|Elica WDFL||60cm||1200 m3/hr|
|Faber CREST HC SC BK 90||90cm||1200 m3/hr|
|Faber Tratto LTW 60||60cm||1000 m3/hr|
|Elica WD BF 60||60cm||1200 m3/hr|
|Elica ESCG BF 60 NERO||60cm||1100 m3/hr|
|Elica WD BF 90||90cm||1200 m3/hr|
|Elica Glace SF ETB||60cm||1220 m3/hr|
|Hindware Nevio 90||90cm||1200 m3/hr|
|Hindware Nevio 60||60cm||1200 m3/hr|
|Hindware Sabina SS||60cm||1100 m3/hr|
Which are the Top 10 Best Kitchen Chimney 2019?
1. Elica WDFL HAC TOUCH 60 MS Filterless Auto Clean Chimney
Elica is among the world-famous and leading brand for kitchen appliances and kitchen chimney brands. It is famous in India as well as in foreign countries. The reason behind its fame is product quality and good customer review. These chimneys are considered as the Best Chimneys in India. It comes with the Heat Auto Clean Technology that helps to remove the dirt particles without manual intervention.
The kitchen is the place where homemaker spends most of the time. Cooking on a burner stove is painful as it makes poisonous gases. So to get rid-out of bad odor & fume, you have to buy this chimney. Thus, it is the top option from the list of chimneys.
- It is a 60cm chimney comes with 1200 m3/hr suction capacity.
- The brand provides a warranty of 5 years on the motor and one year on the chimney.
- It has the smart motion-sensing technology that operates the machine with hands. You have to wave your hand and place right towards the chimney to increase the speed. You can shake towards the left to decrease the rate or turn off the machine.
- This chimney uses a heating component for removing sticky particles.
- Its package comes with an installation kit. The kit contains cowl cover, aluminium-tape, aluminium-duct pipe, clamp.
- It gives extra oil collector for better cleaning.
- It comes with a touch control board with 2-LED lamps.
What we like
- It uses filterless technology.
- It gives less noise.
- It has a black coloured classy body.
- It is the best home kitchen appliances that provide pure air during cooking.
- It makes a clear path for smoke and air.
- It is an affordable and long-lasting product.
- It comes with higher suction-power.
2. Faber HOOD CREST HC SC BK 90 Heat Auto Clean Chimney
These auto clean chimneys are a wall mounted. It comes with the best filterless technology that reduces filter cleaning efforts. It ensures zero care. The chimney hoods in the chimneys are capable of cleaning dirty air and grease. It provides unique gesture controls. It interprets quick and recognises the movements of the human body.
It is one of the Best Kitchen Chimneys that comes with auto-clean technology that makes your kitchen oil-free. These chimneys eliminate heat, steam, lousy smell, grease due to air. The oil collector keeps the chimney neat and fresh.
- The higher-suction capacity of this chimney is 1200 m3/hr.
- It needs 230 volts of power.
- It has a dynamic motor with lesser noise. The engine has a more extended staying power.
- The two LED lights consume less energy. It provides an excellent view of the cooking area.
- It comes with the electronic-touch-panel.
- The brand offers five year warranty on the motor and rotor.
What we like
- It does not generate much noise.
- It can be cleaned easily. You can use a clean cloth soaked in liquid for cleaning the chimney hood.
- It needs less maintenance.
- It looks cool and works well.
- It provides maximum airflow and efficiency.
- It has great suction power.
3. Faber Hood Tratto Plus BK LTW 60 Kitchen Chimney
(as of 21/10/2019 19:22 IST - More Info)
Check Price on Amazon
These auto clean chimneys are a mix of superior performance and technology. It enables you to focus on your cooking food. The chimney hood comes with premium quality.
It does not require ample space. Its installation is so simple. The vent comes with the best Triple Layer Baffle Filter. It has a metal blower and high capacity motor.
These chimneys separate spices from smoke and collected them into the filter. Its A1 quality filter saves the motor in case of overloading and clogging. It gives less noise. It gives you a calm environment while cooking. This model is available at a reasonable price.
- It features a suction-capacity of 1000m3 / hr to let the smoke out from the kitchen.
- The brand gives a warranty of 1 year on the commodity and 12 years on the motor.
- It is best suited for the kitchen sizes of 200 Square feet.
- It comes with the patented triple layers of baffle filters. It should be cleaned after six months.
- The maximum noise range of this chimney is 58 Decibels.
- It is a wall-mountable & curved-glass chimney.
- Its operating voltage is 230 Volts.
- It comes with a super powerful motor. It helps in reducing smoke, putrid stench, airborne grease.
- It has a stainless-steel filter that gives long-lasting outcomes. You can wash it with hands or a dishwasher.
- It has an LED light that consumes less power or voltage. It gives high brightness and produces less amount of heat.
What we like
- It comes with a push-button control panel. It provides one button for light and has a 3-speed setting.
- Its high power motor ventilates the air from the kitchen.
- It is the best kitchen chimneys in India kitchen.
- It has a 3-way suction-capacity.
- It looks classy.
- It comes with powerful suction power.
- Its baffle filters are washable.
4. Elica WD HAC TOUCH BF 60 Auto Clean Chimney
These chimneys are a well-furbished chimney. The spluttering masalas produce nasty smoke in the kitchen that put a harmful effect on our health. So, this chimney is a great way to get relieved from indoor pollution. It keeps your kitchen smoke free plus and improve the decoration of the space.
It is a beautiful wall-mounted chimney. It has a feather touch control system for hassle-free working. It is one of the Best Kitchen Chimneys that comes with a digital display system. These chimneys allow you setting the functions with the utmost ease. It comes with the best stylish designs.
- The suction capacity of this chimney is 1200 m3/hr. It is suitable for greater than 200 Square feet kitchen.
- It consumes 180 Watts of power.
- The brand offers a warranty of 1 year on the chimney and five years on the motor.
- It has 2 LED lamps. It uses 3 Watts for functioning.
- It comes with baffle filters to accumulate oil.
- It has an auto cleaning function that makes the task of cleaning the filters easy.
- It uses a heating element. It collects oil particles from the burner and from inside the chimney.
What we like
- It will keep your kitchen fresh.
- It works with less noise.
- It is ideal for heavy frying and grilling.
- It is energy efficient and provides long service.
- Its size is suitable for 2 to 4 burners.
- It comes with good suction power.
- Its oil collector can be cleaned easily with tissue or water.
- Its push buttons are simple to operate.
5. Elica ESCG BF 60 NERO Kitchen Chimney
It helps to get rid-out of the smoke to allow free movement of air. It saves your kitchen from harmful toxins. It offers a wide range of features to make your life easier. It comes with elegant aesthetics.
It is one of the Best Chimney in India that promises you to give a power-packed performance. It provides a comfortable cooking food experience. It is available at the best budget-friendly cost. These chimneys are the perfect kitchen appliances for the Indian kitchen.
- It provides air flow of 1100 m3/hr to keep your kitchen clean and fresh.
- Its power consumption is 230 Watts.
- It equips with the big LED lighting.
- Its baffle filters nevermore bother you to clean the chimney every day. It has an oil collector bowl that you can be washed once in a month.
- It comes with a push button. It makes it possible for you to use all the functionalities.
- The size of this chimney is 60cm. It is beneficial for 2-4 burner cooktops.
- The warranty is of 5 years on the motor and one year on the device.
What we like
- It requires less maintenance.
- It gives you great relief during work.
- It keeps your kitchen full of freshness.
- This product will worth your money.
- It comes with excellent suction power.
- It comes with the stainless steel baffle filter to purify the air by keeping kitchen smoke-free.
6. Elica WD HAC TOUCH BF 90 Auto Clean Chimney
This is an efficient chimney. These chimneys are one of the stylish kitchen appliances that complement the interiors of a kitchen. It has a glass-decor, stylish design, and compact size. It is suitable for Indian kitchens.
These kitchen chimneys require less-space and are built for removing cooking fumes, oil-particles, and spices smell while allowing the air to move freely.
It is one of the Best Chimney in India that is crafted with graceful touch control panel. With just one touch, your kitchen would get free from sticky oil particles. It has a powerful motor that produces less noise. It gives a maximum air flow to remove the foul-stench.
- It removes smoke, fumes, and odours with a suction power of 1200 m3/hr.
- It comes with a curved-glass finish on the top that provides additional suction-power.
- It comes with baffle filters. It separates vapours, smoke, oil, and odours from the air pass through it.
- Its LED lamps consume 3 Watts of power.
- It is a power-efficient and it uses 180 watts of power to operate.
- It uses Heat Auto Clean Technology.
- It comes with a free installation kit.
- It is ideal for three to five burner stove.
- These chimneys are built with best auto cleaning technology.
- The product has a warranty of 1 year. The chimney motor has a 5 year warranty.
What we like
- It doesn’t occupy ample-space.
- Its sleek design flows with the modern kitchen style.
- It provides excellent performance as compared to others.
- It produces less noise.
- It has enough suction power.
- It comes with the Push Button functionality.
7. Elica Glace SF ETB PLUS LTW 60 PB LED Kitchen Chimney
When it comes to the Indian kitchen essentials, Elica’s quality beats to all other kitchen chimney brands. It is crafted with a Baffle Filter Technology. It protects the kitchen cupboards from greasy smoke. It is simple to install.
These chimneys come with the smokestack that keeps you healthy all the time. It comes with the best toughened quality and elegant look.
Its stainless-steel body gives excellent comfort while cleaning. It can be clean with any dishwasher. It comes with the curved-glass chimney for saving a lot-of-space. Its black body is eye-catching.
It is one of the Best Kitchen Chimneys in India for the Indian kitchen. It is a must-have kitchen appliance.
- It comes with a suction capacity of 1200 m3/hr.
- It comes with push buttons to access the device with ease.
- It houses two LED lamps to make your work easier while cooking.
- It is 60 cm wider. It features baffle-filters that keep the kitchen oil and smoke-free.
- It has an artistic design that can add charm to the stylish-decor.
- It is designed to produce minimal noise (58db).
- It comes with a warranty period of 1 year.
- It comes in the list of superb quality chimneys.
What we like
- It doesn’t make much noise.
- It consumes less power and has a perfect design.
- It comes with auto cleaning feature that makes it easy to maintain.
- It is easy to clean.
- It ensures more durability.
8. Hindware Nevio 90 Auto Clean Chimney
This is a curved glass type wall-mounted kitchen chimney. It comes from Hindware company. It has all special qualities to get rid of the foul smell, oily substances.
It is one of the Best Chimney in India that provides ease of operation with a fruitful solution. These chimneys have a cutting-side mode that makes your kitchen fresh and smoke-free. You must have clean its filter after six months to get effective results.
- It has a 1200 cubic meters per hour suction power. It is sufficient for heavy grilling and frying.
- The warranty is of 1 year on the product and five years on the motor.
- Its standard size is of 90cm. It is ideal for three to five-burner cooktops.
- Its power consumption is 180 Watts.
- Its input supply is 230 Volts.
- It has inbuilt stainless steel baffle filter. It absorbs oil and grease scraps.
- It has a touch control panel for performing any operation. It has three-speed settings that you can set as per your need.
- It has an auto-clean function for oil cleaning. You have to touch on the button to remove all the oil from inside the chimney.
What we like
- It has a curved glass design.
- It is convenient to use.
- These wall-mountable chimneys are popular.
- It has made with Stainless Steel body and Glass.
- It comes with Push Button placed on the appliance.
- It ensures high air delivery.
- Its washing is easy.
9. Hindware Nevio 60 Kitchen Chimney
Hindware is well-known for kitchen-chimneys. It is one of the Best Auto Clean Chimney that lets you enjoy smoke-free cooking. It has a unique blend of design. Its cutting edge technology is good for the clean and smokeless kitchen.
These chimneys come with the good stainless steel quality that lasts for a long time. It comes with extra-features for flawless operations. The wall mounting feature adds sparkle to your space. It is specially designed to fit into tight spaces. It comes with a grey and silver. Its kit contains a user manual and fixture materials.
- It has a functional suction capacity of 1200m3/hr.
- It comes with baffle filters.
- It is a ducting (extracting), wall-mounted chimney.
- It has stainless steel covering that keeps it free from rust.
- It has a robust 180W motor that holds a warranty of 5 years.
- It comes with 2-LED lights that make it easy for you to view the countertops.
- It has an oil collector cup and a metallic blower to settle the oil. It increases the suction capacity.
- There is a warranty of 1 year on the product.
What we like
- It has a high suction power of 1200 cubic meters per hour.
- Its touch control display makes it look good.
- It saves power.
- It is easy to clean.
- It offers thermal clean as well as water cleaning facility.
- Its baffle filters help to move air freely by dragging down the oil.
What we didn’t like
- It is a ducting chimney. Its installing charges are a bit high.
- You have to replace the pipe.
10. Hindware Sabina SS 60 Kitchen Chimney
It is another well-designed chimney from Hindware. Hindware is a leading brand of HSIL. It comes with best Futuristic Technology to reduce smoke. It will freshen up your kitchen within a few minutes. The classic small size chimney is good for three to four-burner gas cooktop.
It has dual LED lamps that allow you to view your counter-space while cooking. It is a type of wall mounted kitchen chimney. This is the Best Chimney in India for homemakers.
These chimneys have high-quality body material. It is one of the top class models of the kitchen chimney.
- The suction capacity of Hindware SS chimney is of 1100 cubic meters per hour.
- It comes with the stainless steel baffle filter. It moves air to collect grease from the burner.
- It comes with large two illuminated lights.
- The warranty is of 1 year on the product and five years on the motor.
- It has a Push Button Control Panel. You can use it as per your need.
- It works with less noise. It will give a high performance.
- It consumes 180 watts to be operational.
- It works at 230 Volts.
What we like
- It comes with a powerful motor that uses less power.
- It has a good design.
- It is durable.
- It provides many benefits.
- It is easy to clean and operate.
Best Kitchen Chimney Brands
Types of Kitchen Chimneys
There are many kinds of kitchen-chimneys. What kind of chimney should you buy? It depends on the kitchen structure and the space above the stove. Following are the types of Chimneys that you can use in your kitchen.
Wall Mounted Chimney
Wall Mounted Chimneys are the most common type of chimneys you will come across. The wall mounted chimneys are also called as island chimneys.
Indian kitchens have their cooking platforms built adjacent to the wall. So, Wall Mounted Chimney is quite popular for Indian cuisines. This kind of chimney makes use of duct to release the smoke outside.
Straight Line Chimney
If there is less space in your kitchen then you might not install a wall mounted kitchen chimney. A straight-line chimney comes to your rescue.
It extends half-way over the cooking range in your kitchen.
It sucks up the smoke from the cooktop and other parts of the kitchen as well. It provides you with more overhead-space where you can store kitchen items.
Auto Clean Chimney
Clean kitchen-chimneys at regular intervals to remove the soot and grime. You have to separate the filters to clean the filter just like water purifiers filters. These chimneys provide convenience to users.
An auto-cleaning feature is an alternative option as it save a lot of time of the user. It cleans the filters by removing the impurities. It leaves the kitchen with fresh air and smoke-free. It provides you with the best air to inhale. It consists of a reservoir with a capacity to hold 500ml of water. You need to click the ‘auto clean’ button. It causes the water to clean the chimney of the oil and grime.
As the name suggests, you can put this chimney in any corner of the kitchen. Its located just above the cooking top.
This type of chimney sets against the wall. You can set-up this inside the kitchen cabinets. So, that the extra parts of the chimney aren’t visible.
It is useful for open and small Indian kitchens or where the cooking platform is in the middle of the kitchen.
It can be fixed to the ceiling and exactly above the stove. It requires a lot of pipes and ducts to suck the smoke and the fumes. Island chimneys are expensive.
How to Choose the Kitchen Chimney?
In this section of this article, we have mentioned some important points that you have to consider while purchasing the chimney. Choosing the Best Chimney in India for your kitchen are based upon many factors. It includes chimney size, chimney suction power, heat resistance, exhaust pipe, exhaust fan. The price range and ease of cleaning and maintenance are equally important. Choose the best product for better output.
We have covered all the essential factors. You should consider these points before purchasing a kitchen chimney.
You have to look at the following points:
- Suction Capacity
- Types of Filters
- Kitchen Size
- Noise level
It is the most important factor that you should have to consider. The motor can suck oil-particles. It lessens oil, grease, and dust from the kitchen. It is measured in cubic meters per hour.
It is a crucial point to keep in mind while buying a kitchen chimney.
Buy a kitchen chimney with high suction power for better results.
To know the accurate size of the chimney –
Multiply the volume of the kitchen space by 10.
For Example: If your kitchen is 30m^3, then the suction power should be = 30*10 = 400m^3/hour.
Types of Filters
If the filters don’t work well, the suction becomes poor. A right filter is a central part. It improves the performance of a chimney. There are various types of chimney filters :
It has another name as Cassette Filters. They are of aluminium or stainless steel. It traps the solid particles. It allows the smoke to escape from the kitchen area.
The Cassette Filter is made of aluminum mesh. They require high maintenance and cleaning.
Carbon filters consist of charcoal. It is known as a charcoal filter. You can use this type of carbon filter in kitchen chimneys. It eliminates the smoke as well as the noxious-odour.
Duct or ductless chimney use carbon-filters. It can remove the smell from the air. Ducting chimneys are easy to maintain. The ductless chimneys need regular replacement of carbon filters.
The Charcoal Filters are one of the most useful filters.
But unlike mesh and baffle filter, you can not clean the carbon filter. They require the replacement after the usage of 3-4 month.
According to the researchers, these filters work 30% better than the mesh filter. It comes with multiple curves. When the smoke comes in touch with these curves, they change the direction of smoky air. As a result, grease, oil particles drag down the baffle filter.
It requires cleaning once in 3 to 4 months. Use warm water and detergent to remove the oil from the filter.
Some New Kitchen Chimneys have advanced European Style Baffle Filter. They deliver the best performance. They require less maintenance.
The size of a chimney can depend on the size of the kitchen. Buy a chimney that fits the size of your kitchen.
60cm to 75cm size chimney is okay for two, three, four burners. 90 Cm kitchen hood is an excellent option for five burners. Installation of a smoke shaft at a lower height makes its cleaning easy.
The standard chimneys have a single speed option. The advanced ones offer multiple rates. It helps to freshen the kitchen faster.
The presence of motor in a chimney carries out the excess air circulation that occurs in noise levels.
Some chimneys have silent or soundproof kits. They make them work without noise.
If you find difficulty in cleaning the chimneys then go for the one that comprises of detachable filters and auto-cleaning functionalities It will automatically clean the filters neatly and gives a new look.
Most of the Best Chimney in India comes with a 1 year warranty. Some kitchen chimney brands also offer a lifetime warranty on the motor to there customer. Before buying a fireplace, one must check the warranty services.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Distance Should I Maintain Between the Gas Stove and Chimney?
It’s essential to keep a distance between the gas stoves and chimney. The range should be at least 26-inches and a maximum of 30 inches.
2. What Is Suction Power of a Chimney?
It is the motor capacity. It absorbs odour and grease particles from your kitchen. For Indian cuisine, a chimney with higher-suction capacity is a perfect choice.
3. What Should Be the Suction Capacity of the Chimney?
Depending on the area of the kitchen, it should be at least 400 m3 per hour to 1000 m3 per hour.
4. What Is the Use of a Chimney?
- It reduces smoke from the kitchen.
- It removes bad odour.
- It gives freshness in the kitchen.