An irregular power supply is a significant problem. These frequent power cuts or failures disrupt the daily routine.
An inverter is a must-have product for the home. In case of power failure, this electrical device provides power backup to home appliances and electrical devices.
In the Indian market, several varieties are available. So, it is a bit difficult to select the right one.
We have prepared a buyer’s guide along with a list of Best Inverter in India for Home based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our Inverters buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 Inverters in India
|Microtek Hybrid||1125 VA||900|
|Microtek Sebz||900 VA||720|
|Luminous Zelio+ 1100||900 VA||756|
|Microtek Sinewave||1100 VA||760|
|Microtek Upseb||900 VA||720|
|APC Home UPS||850 VA||500|
|Microtek Static Converter||950 VA||760|
|Luminous Zelio+ 1700||1500 VA||1260|
|Luminous Solar Inverter||1100 VA||800|
|Sukam Brainy Echo||1100 VA||–|
Which are the Top 10 Best Inverters in India for Home 2020?
1. Microtek Ups 24Ã—7 Hb 1125Va Hybrid Sinewave Inverter
Microtek is one of the leading electronics brands for the Inverters. It offers one of the Best Inverter and the first ISO certified company. It is affordable.
It has been developed using hybrid technology. It is the perfect mixture of two techniques, i.e., the digital and the sinewave.
It works with the IBGM technology (Intelli Battery Gravity Management) that increases life of inverter battery. It has an in-built bypass switch in case of power failure.
- Its rated capacity is 1125 VA.
- It has a noiseless operation.
- It comes with a switch to select the current required for charging.
- It utilises PWM controlled multistage ATM (e mode) charging feature.
- It has a power backup time of 3 hours.
- It can run with all types of inverter batteries.
- It comes with the best overload sensors.
- It consumes 900-watts of electricity.
- The manufacturer provides two years warranty.
What We Like
- It is safe to use.
- It guarantees the safety of home appliances like ACs, refrigerator, ceiling fans, kitchen chimney, and computers.
- It is simple to install.
- As equipped with the latest technology, it can ensure a great working life.
- This inverter can get charged faster than the others.
What We Didn’t Like
- It is not suitable for bulky home appliances.
2. Microtek Inverter Ups 900 Va Sinewave Inverter
This pure sine wave ups inverter works with a standard voltage of 100 to 300 Volts. It comes with the Intelli Pure Sine Wave Technology that can ensure safe & noiseless working.
It comes with the Digital Signal Controller (DSC) based intelligent design. This Inverter UPS has over-charging & deep discharging protection functions. Its indicator shows the battery status and fault on display that reduces the chance of a short circuit.
- It comes with a warranty is of 2 years.
- It has an auto-reset feature. It saves the inverter from overloading.
- Its narrow voltage lies between 180-260 Volts.
- It supports a battery-range of 100 Ah (Ampere hour).
- It comes with the overload sensors.
- It comes with the automatic shut off to avoid any loss.
- This home ups inverter comes with LED indicators.
- It comes with Multi-Stage Charger that assures a longer backup.
- It automatically switches from UPS to mains and vice versa.
- Its UPS transfer time is less than 15 milliseconds.
- It requires 720-Watts to work.
What We Like
- It is six times better as compared to others.
- It is much durable.
- It has a robust body.
- It gives an instant response to heating or cooling loads as similar to other Microtek’s inverters.
What We Didn’t Like
- It isn’t suitable for large electrical appliances since it isn’t a sine-wave inverter.
3. Luminous Zelio+ 1100 Home Pure Sinewave Inverter
Luminous, a well-known Indian brand, makes the great household inverters. It comes with the Pure Sine Wave Inverter Technique. This pure sine wave inverter has a bypass switch that keeps supplying output from the grid even in case of a fault.
The highest output power of this is around 600-Watts that is slightly greater than the basic inverter models. It is best for areas with frequent power outage or power cuts.
It comes with the power backup display that shows time in the hours & minutes. This Sinewave home ups inverter promises noise-free operation.
- This inverter comes with 32 bit DSP.
- It needs a power supply of 900 VA.
- It has an in-built MCB switch that protects the electrical circuit from overloading.
- It requires 756-Watts of wattage to operate.
- It has UPS and ECO modes. Its output voltage range lies between 180 Volts and 260 Volts.
- It consists of an in-built advanced battery management system and gives you an alert when the level of water goes down.
- It supports the best and wide range of batteries such as a flat or tubular plate, etc. You can install any of them as per your desire.
- It comes with the best LED display that is useful in indicating the remaining power-status.
- It comes with a two year warranty.
What We Like
- It is a safe & reliable inverter to support larger appliances.
- It provides energy from UPS to mains without interchanging the wire.
- It has a smooth service.
- It maintains the correct water level.
- It works well with all connected appliances.
What We Didn’t Like
- It doesn’t allow low voltage charging of the batteries.
4. Microtek Ups Sebz 1100 Va Pure Sinewave Inverter
It is based on IPS technology that helps in energy-saving. It has an inbuilt electronic protection circuit. It will not let the battery overcharged or deep discharged.
It is the Best Inverter for Home that has a smart overload sensor which converts it into protection mode if it gets overloaded. So, there is no chance of short-circuiting. It is reasonable that makes it budget-friendly.
- It has two years warranty.
- Its power consumption is of 760 Watt.
- It operates at 100 to 300 Volts.
- It doesn’t produce any noise in case of an inductive load.
- Its potential is 1100 VA.
- Its sinewave waveform is suitable for sensitive appliances.
- It has a long running life span.
What We Like
- It is suitable for two to three BHK homes.
- It also runs with 100 Ah to 180 Ah inverter batteries.
5. Microtek Upseb 900 Va Inverter
This square wave inverter comes with built-in overload sensors that protect the device from damage.
It is the best inverter in India that works with a Microcontroller-based control design technique. This square wave ups inverter comes with a Voltage Selection Switch as well.
The square wave inverter is capable of supplying electricity with a standard range of to 300 Volts.
- It requires a single-battery for working.
- It consumes 720 watts to operate.
- It takes less than 15 milliseconds switch-over time.
- It comes with auto-reset mode.
- It comes with the 5-year warranty.
- It produces current in TPZI (Trape Zoidal Wave Inverter) waveform.
- This square wave inverter comes with an Intelli Power Saving Technique. It adjusts the charging current as required.
- It comes with a power backup display that indicates output and input voltages.
- Its service is easy. You can easily repair it at any time when it breaks down.
What We Like
- It is a budget-friendly product at nominal costs.
- It comes with short-circuit protection.
- This square wave ups inverter has an excellent CCCV Technology with auto-trickle mode.
6. APC Home UPS 850VA Sine Wave BI850SINE Inverter
This Pure Sine Wave Home UPS Inverter is manufactured by Schneider Electric for harsh Indian power conditions. It is a perfect inverter for running mobile chargers, LED TVs.
This Inverter that has no humming noise. This best inverter has a wide input voltage window. It is specially designed to meet harsh-power conditions. You can use it with heavy appliances like fridge, TV, washing machine, mixer grinder, etc.
This pure sine wave ups inverter has the least chances of short circuit. It comes with the child safety lock as well.
- It comes with an eye-catching design.
- It has the Home Away Switch. It maintains the level of the inverter battery.
- It comes with a charge current selection switch with four options. It can give the energy from 8 AMP current to 15 AMP current.
- It supports battery-size of 80 Ah to 180 Ah.
- It comes with the best shock-proof body.
- It is compatible with flat, tubular batteries. So you can install any of them.
- It has a warranty of 2 years.
- It has a UPS-inverter switch to make it useful for a computer.
- The maximum-energy output load of this inverter is 500 watts.
- Its input-supply is of 230 Volts.
- Its battery gets recharged in 10 hours and, has a great life.
- Its backup power time ranges between 2-5 hours depending upon the number of appliances.
What We Like
- It is light-weight.
- It comes with a digital display.
- It has three individual pin plug hole facilities.
- It is safe to use.
What We Didn’t Like
- It doesn’t have an internal battery. It needs to be purchased separately.
7. Microtek Static Converter UPS SEBz 1100 V2 Sinewave
It is a UPS inverter that comes with the great DSC based Control-Design technique. It is reasonable. It promises effective and noiseless working.
It is a Pure Sine Wave UPS Inverter. It comes with an auto exchanging supply functionality from Mains to UPS & vice-versa and takes less than 15 milliseconds to generate current. It has a more extended battery backup. It comes with DSC based on intelligent control design. The inverter also comes with the auto-reset and provides better efficiency.
- There is a 2-years warranty on the product.
- Its minimum input voltage is 100 V-300 V.
- Its highest operating voltage is 180 to 260 Volts.
- Its rated potential is 950 VA.
- It has a maximum load capacity is 760 watts.
- It comes with the multi-stage battery charger.
- Its package includes a cable to connect the inverter.
- It monitors the low-battery.
- It has a sensor to detect the overload.
- You can view the running status and fault errors from its LED panel.
- It comes with an auto-reset feature.
What We Like
- It is suitable with all types of batteries.
- It is safe and efficient.
8. Luminous Zelio+ 1700 Sine Wave UPS
It comes with amazing functionalities. It is an intelligent Pure Sine Wave Home Inverter. It comes with LED status indicators. It shows the power-status, time of charging in hours and minutes. It can take a running load of 1 television, 3 tube lights, 1 air cooler and 3 CFLs easily.
Its output waveform is a sinewave. It can handle the inductive load of heavy appliances.
It can be used for computers as well. Its MCB protects the circuit from the main-input supply.
It is equipped with a bypass switch to interchange the power supply from the Main to UPS & from UPS to the Main Supply.
- It supplies direct-output from the grid in case of UPS faults.
- It supports Tabular, Flat Plate, VRLA batteries.
- It comes with 32-bit DSP processor technology.
- It comes with a 24 months warranty on the product.
- Its rated power consumption is 1260 Watts.
- It comes with 1500 Volt Ampere capacity.
- It consumes 180 to 260 Voltage.
- It protects the device from deep discharging, reverse polarity, etc.
- A 24 V inverter battery works well for this inverter.
What We Like
- It ensures less noise.
- It supports two batteries.
9. Luminous Solar Inverter – NXG1400/12V Home UPS
This Solar Power Inverter System comes with powerful UPS. It can run heavy electrical appliances with ease.
It provides high performance for your house and office use. This model works with the Intelligent Solar Optimization Technique (ISOT).
It uses fast i-charge mode for quick charging in case of a power cut. This solar home ups inverter comes with many in-built safety functions.
- The product has a warranty of 2 years.
- It has a UPS & Eco mode that allows the user to run a computer.
- It has both AC and DC form power output.
- Its range is 1100 VA.
- It consumes 800 Watts to operate.
- It has a power-saving of 1.5–3 units per day.
What We Like
- It is easy to install.
- It is compact.
- It can save 25-30% on the electricity bill.
- Its highest support power-panel is 12 V up to 1000 WP.
- It offers numerous functions and lasts for a longer time.
10. Sukam Chromium Steel 1100 Va Brainy Echo
Su-Kam Chromium Power Systems is popular for its superior-products. Su-Kam Brainy Eco Inverter is suitable for both house & office use. It is affordable.
It comes with ATC (Automatic Temperature Compensation) technique. It extends the product life up to 6 months.
It has an in-built back-feed protection functionality that auto-stops the backflow of the voltage. It saves the device from loss in best ways.
- It comes with a dip switch that located on its back panel. You can change the settings as per your need.
- It comes with the automatic bypass that can be helpful in case of a faulty connection.
- It won’t stop working even after detecting an internal problem. It will give constant energy from mains to the system.
- It has a unique charge sharing feature. It delivers the best amount of charge to the battery.
- This ups inverter has grid charging switch. It allows you to enable or disable the switch as needed.
- It is compatible with a solar panel for solar charging.
- It controls the high voltage and set it to the optimum level.
- It includes a fourth-generation high-speed microprocessor.
- Its energy-rating is 1100 VA.
What We Like
- It looks elegant and classy. You can place it in any corner of the room.
- It is a budget-friendly device.
- It is a solar home inverter system.
- It consumes a low amount of energy.
Best Inverter Brands in India
How to Choose an Inverter?
In an area with regular power cuts, an inverter is a must-buy gadget. Selecting an Inverter that is worthy of your money is a bit confusing.
In this section of this article, we have mentioned some important information or factors that you should keep in your mind while purchasing.
You should check the total power requirements before buying an inverter. Like, if you want to operate two tube lights, two fans & one LED while in an electric cut,
Then you can calculate the energy as under:
One light = 60 Watts
One Fan = 70 Watts
One LED = 120 Watts
So, all these appliances need 2*60 + 70*2 + 120 = 380 Watts.
For a long time back up, you have to opt high capacity inverter and inverter battery.
Inverter Battery is another most important factor that you have to consider. It is impossible to run an inverter without a battery. It plays a crucial role while choosing the right inverter.
So, you should select the inverter-battery as per your convenience. Also, purchase the correct size inverter battery as per need.
Flat Plate Inverter Battery
Flat Plate Inverter Battery is made up of positive and negative plates. These plates are further made up of pasted grids.
Most of the Exide Inverters come with this design. It is resistant to heat due to its flat surface. It ensures no water loss as it includes the best dual plates that are thick.
This kind of Battery has top vented lids with anti-splash guards. It is suitable for home inverters and easy to open. Even you can put warm water or rainwater in it. It ensures no leakage during work time.
Tubular Inverter Battery charges with high speed. The tubular battery includes active material in polyester tubes that are known as Gauntlets.
This kind of Battery works at an extreme temperature. It has a rust-proof surface and comes with a deep discharge that is good for inverter health. It can’t be used for the heavy machines.
Sealed Maintenance Free (SMF) Battery
This kind of Inverter Battery is a Valve-Regulated Lead Acid battery called VRLA. It contains an electrolyte that sealed inside the cell. It has useful functions and lasts long for about 12 to 15 months.
LCD Display / LED Light indicators in an inverter show the power-status. With the help of the LCD display, you can monitor the running condition, charging level, etc. It tells whether the charging is full or low.
Some inverters come with electrolyte level indicator that acts as a good reminder. It is useful to maintain water levels in the inverters.
Auto Shut off
It prevents the inverter from overloading. It can handle the change in voltage as well.
You can run the bulky device with this setting. Luminous Zelio Series have this function to prevent the damage.
It will automatically shut-off the inverter when it gets overload. It helps to increase the working life of a cell. It avoids the chance of short-circuiting.
Right Kind of An Inverter-Battery Combination
One should check the amount of energy used before buying an inverter. Use this simple way to monitor the usage. You can attach the several batteries in a parallel combination. For inverters with max-power, use the deep cycle marine batteries. However, for the solar panels, the size of the inverter should be the same as the DC rating of your solar panel system.
Go for the trusted brands to buy the most reliable products. It may be a bit costly as compare to a non-branded product. Non-branded inverters and batteries have low-quality control.
A known brand gives you the quality product & excellent customer care or after-sale service as well.
Performance of an inverter depends upon the inverter batteries. It isn’t a small investment. The price-amount of an inverter of reputed brands may go upward. But, don’t compromise by going for a local brand. You should go for the most suited one as per your budget.
One must look for the maximum guarantee while purchasing an inverter. An inverter battery combo of the same brand is useful. You must buy an inverter with two years of warranty. Luminous, Microtek Inverters offer two years warranty on the product.
What Are The Different Types of Inverters?
Inverters are classified into 3 types.
Square Wave Inverters
The square wave ups inverter is good for low sensitive gadgets. The square wave inverter comes with a simple waveform. The inverter converts the energy from a direct signal to the AC signal.
They are a bit costly as compared to others. It consumes around 640 Watts of energy. The square wave inverter produces some noise while operating. It works perfectly with a large appliance in best ways.
Sine Wave Inverters
This type of inverter is 100% energy efficient. They are capable of handling the extra load of the large device. Its output waveform type is a sinewave that ensures the silent operation. It is also known as the Pure Sine Wave Inverter.
It includes the LCD indicators, protection from overload, short circuit, etc. The Pure Sine Wave Inverter is 2,3 times more expensive than the other inverters.
It comes with an in-built circuit breaker as well that saves the inverters from damaging.
Modified Sine Wave Inverters
This type of inverter is an alternative of the Sine Wave Inverter. It gives the power-supply to AC devices. A modified sine wave can work well with most of the machines. But, for some appliance, it is less effective.
It may result in a humming sounds or dimmer fluorescent lights. For Example, it can produce noise when used with induction motors like ceiling fans, etc.
They are cheaper than normal sinewave.
Battery Maintenance Tips
The working of an inverter depends on the quality of the battery. It is the backbone of an inverter. So, it is essential to maintain the inverter battery.
Following are a few maintenance tips of the battery:
- Must use a well-ventilated area for installing the inverter.
- Use your battery regularly and check the water level every two months.
- If its gets damaged, replace it. A routine checking will keep you updated for the battery-conditions.
- Keep the sides and surface of battery dust free. You can use cotton to clean the surface.
- Avoid the over-charging. It may destroy the device.
- Give a quick repair in case of a minor fault. It will keep the battery in proper functioning well.
Note: It is suggested to use the tubular batteries. They have a longer life period as compare to the flat plate batteries. But these are a bit costly.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is VA?
VA stands for the Volt-Ampere rating. It is the voltage and current supplied by the inverter to the appliance.
2. How Much VA Rating of The Inverter I Need for My Home?
VA is the Voltage Ampere. Most of the inverters have an efficiency range from 60% to 80%. The efficiency is also called the power factor of an inverter. It ranges from 0.6-0.8.
It is a ratio of the power required by the device to the power supplied by an inverter.
3. How to Find the VA of An Inverter?
Power Required (In Watts) = Total energy consumed by your appliances.
Power Factor = Efficiency of an Inverter.
VA = Power required / Efficiency
Suppose the average value of efficiency is 0.7 and your electrical appliances require 380 watts of power-requirement. Then,
Power of inverter (VA) = 380/0.7 = 543
So, an inverter with 543 VA is a good choice for your home.
Please note that inverters are not 100% efficient. Therefore, if we run the same appliances on an inverter then it would be costly.
4. What Is the Difference Between Volt Amperes and Watts?
Both Watts and Volt-Amperes (VA) are units of measurement for electrical power.
Watts refer to “real-power”, while volt-amperes refer to “apparent-power”.
The real-power in Watts is the power that generates heat.
5. What Appliances Can I Run on My Inverter?
It entirely depends on the rating of your inverter.
Inverter rating & battery must be higher than the combined load of devices.
6. Is It Possible to Operate a Microwave on the Inverter?
Yes. You can run your microwave on the inverter.
Choose the correct capacity of the inverter to take the load of a microwave oven.
For Example, the microwave of 800-Watts consumes more than 1200-Watts through 230 V system.
7. Would I Need a Single Battery or a Double Battery?
A regular inverter battery in the market is off 12 V. To decide the required voltage, you can calculate the capacity.
Battery capacity = Power requirement * Back up hours / Battery Voltage.
We consider 12V single battery.
Suppose your power backup requirement is 4 Hours for the 543 VA power load.
To find the battery-capacity, you have to know how much power is required.
Battery Capacity required = (543*4) / 12 = 181 Ah.
Therefore, a single battery with a 180 Ah will efficiently work for you.
8. What Are The Types of Batteries?
It plays a vital role in the functioning of an inverter.
There are different inverter batteries available. These are as follows:
Lead Acid Battery
- It is the most common type.
- It generates a large amount of current.
- These batteries need regular service. The distilled water has to recycle regularly.
- Install it in a well-ventilated place in the home.
- Its working life is good.
- It is safer as compared to the lead-acid ones.
- It is costlier than the standard one.
Though maintenance free batteries seem good, their life-span is smaller.
- It is another most popular and efficient.
- It has a refined design, high efficiency, longer lifespan. It requires low maintenance, as well.
9. Is It Possible to Operate Large Equipment Like AC’s on Inverters?
Yes. You can operate a standard size Air Conditioner, Refrigerator, etc. on high-powered inverters. For large appliances load, DG set is a right power-backup solution.
10. Why Do I Need to Choose a Pure Sine Wave Inverter?
Pure Sine Wave Inverter allows running your household devices longer. It works without any fluctuations.
They are good enough for running a desktop computer as well.
11. What Safety Measures to be Taken While Operating the Inverters?
There are some points to keep in mind while operating an inverter.
- Never place it under direct sunlight or near the heating vents.
- Clean it from time to time.
- Don’t operate with the wet hands.
- Never place the battery of inverter near the flammable materials.
- Make sure that the inverter kept away from moisture or water. Place it in a cool and dry place.
12. How Is An Inverter Different From UPS?
The main difference between an Inverter and UPS is the time they take in switching to the battery power. The switch over time of a UPS is 3-5 milliseconds. Whereas, an inverter does the same in 100 milliseconds.