In summer, sweaty and tacky atmosphere causes trouble for everyone. In this condition, there is a need for a cooling appliance occurs.
Air conditioners are the complete solution for this need. But still, many people rely on Ceiling Fans as it flows with their budget and saves a lot of energy.
Now, forget about the classic and old-fashioned fans. There are so many trendy models in the market today. These designs will correctly get blend with your room interior.
We have prepared a list of the Best Ceiling Fans in India based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our Ceiling Fans buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 Ceiling Fans 2020
|Ceiling Fan||Blade Size||Speed (RPM)|
|Gorilla Efficio||1200 mm||350|
|Havells Pacer||600 mm||400|
|Havells Nicola||1200 mm||350|
|Crompton Aura Prime||1200 mm||380|
|Luminous Dhoom||1200 mm||380|
|Gorilla Renesa||1200 mm||350|
|Orient Electric Apex-FX||1200 mm||360|
|Bajaj Maxima||600 mm||870|
|Bajaj New Bahar Deco||1200 mm||380|
|Crompton Hill Briz||1200 mm||370|
Which are the Top 10 Best Ceiling Fans in India 2020?
1. Gorilla Efficio Energy Saving 5 Star Ceiling Fan
These ceiling fans are the energy efficient fan designed and manufactured by the IIT Bombay Alumni. It is one of the Best Ceiling Fans in India with Remote Control for home that comes with several excellent specialties to offer you much comfort in the harsh summer. It has a perfect design for use in average-sized bed-rooms, dining halls, and study-room. It doesn’t put a high impact on your electricity bills.
This fan offers high speed as it comes with energy saving BLDC motor. If you live in those areas where power cuts are common, then don’t be feeling bad. These fans are compatible with inverter and run three times longer to provide you cool air all time. It is rust free and ensures extremely low heat loss.
- It is a 5-star rated fan at a nominal cost.
- It consumes is 28 watts to operate at the highest speed.
- Its 12 mm blades cover an area of 144 sq mt.
- It offers a high air delivery of 220m³/min.
- It comes with a sleep mode, boost mode, timer, speed regulator setting control, smart remote controls and BLDC motor at an affordable rate.
- It has 2+1 year of on-site warranty.
What We Like
- It saves on your electricity bills and helps to reduce power consumption.
- It is a noiseless fan.
- It comes with a sleep-mode that makes it suitable for your home.
- It is the versatile appliance amongst the other home appliances.
2. Havells Pacer 1200mm Ceiling Fan
Havells is a trusted brand that manufactures a wide range of household and kitchen appliances as well as ceiling fans at low prices for the Indian market. This premium fan comes with classy, elegant design and high energy efficiency. It provides excellent performance even at low power consumption. You can install it in anywhere without any problem.
It offers high air delivery with double ball bearing to lessen the abrasion and assist in mounting. It is one of the Best Ceiling Fans in India that contains wide shaped blades for faster air circulation. Whether you are sitting on the couch or laying on the bed, your body gets the cooling-breeze from every nook.
This Fan is pocket-friendly, so you must buy this product. The great alternative of an air conditioner that does not produce any harmful gases even gives helps in soaking wet-floors and allows an easy installation.
- Its electricity consumption is 72 Watts.
- The warranty is of 2 years on the product. So, you don’t need to worry about the maintenance and service charges.
- The size of the blade span is 1200mm.
- These fans make 400 rotations per-minute with 235 CMM of air delivery.
- It’s sturdy, and aluminum alloy body gives a great working life.
- Its double-hanging shaft can hold the clamp, blades and dual ball bearing with ease.
What We Like
- Its cleaning is effortless.
- It delivers silent operation and uniform airflow.
- It is an energy efficient ceiling fan.
- It isn’t as expensive as BLDC fans or power efficient fans.
3. Havells Nicola 1200mm Ceiling Fan
It is a super-powerful and energy efficient fan with having a contemporary design to complement interiors and makes your space more beautiful. The safest solution to keep the bad odour away from the rooms and make them fresh and breezy. This eco-friendly fan for home is suitable for installing in the bathroom, kitchen, dining-room, bedroom, hall etc. These fans ensure superb working life-span even on running for long hours.
It is one of the Best Ceiling Fans in India that come with twin canopies to make easier for you to mount the fan on the ceiling and avoid electrical wiring. These fans are the power saver fan that helps to save huge money on electric bills.
- It is highly efficient and uses the power of 72 Watts for super-fast cooling technology effect.
- It comes with 48-inch three metallic finish blades.
- It is available in different variations such as 600 mm, 900 mm, 1200 mm and 1400 mm sweeps.
- It’s motor-cover comes decorated with trim and metallic paint.
- The warranty is of 2 years on the product.
- It works at 350 RPM, and robust air delivery rate is 225 CMM.
What We Like
- It is a stylish fan and has a unique canopy design.
- It is energy efficient.
What We Didn’t Like
- It is difficult to clean the fan since it has a complicated design.
4. Crompton Aura Prime Anti Dust Ceiling Fan
Crompton is one of the leading home appliances manufacturers. It is an anti-dust and energy efficient product available for modern homes to combat the heat and brings superior airflow. It is one of the best ceiling fans available in multiple color combinations so you can choose as per your desire. The fan is birken in colour with a golden painted ring on the motor that indicates its beautiful design fits almost any slightly dark walls or ceilings.
Whether you operate this fan overnight or never turn off after running 24 hours still, it doesn’t hike electric bills.
- It comes along with a 2-year warranty.
- With a power input of 74 watts, it makes 380 rotations per-minute.
- It has 4-speed setting options.
- Its blade size is of 1200 mm.
- It gives maximum efficiency.
- Its aerodynamically designed blades give higher air-circulation.
What We Like
- It gives a better airflow to a big area.
- You can clean it easily. You will get a stain-free new-look with every clean.
5. Luminous Dhoom 1200mm Ceiling Fan
Luminous is another reputed ceiling fan manufacturing brand.
These fans have all such qualities that will make your summer memorable. It gives optimum performance even at low voltage.
It has a wider conical spread of breeze in all corners of the room. This model is considered as one of the Best Ceiling Fans for home.
- Its power consumption is 70 Watts.
- It operates at a voltage of 230 Volts.
- It furnishes with high-quality raw materials.
- It delivers 220 CMM.
- It comes with 380 RPM.
- Its motor and blade design is made up of aluminum. It has a copper motor winding wire.
- It is free from rust that improves the life-span of the fan.
- Its rotors/stators use hi-perm steel sheets to avoid lower power loss.
What We Like
- It is one of the best ceiling fans for big sized-rooms.
- It is available at an affordable price.
- It delivers silent performance and circulates the flow of cool air with consistent speed.
6. Gorilla Renesa+ Energy Saving 5 Star Ceiling Fan
This Energy Saving Fan will provide you with great functioning results. It comes with 3-blade that will give an optimum airflow rate to all side.
This white fan with remote control comes with a Brush-Less DC technology-based powerful BLDC motor. It doesn’t produce humming noise so that you can take comfortable sleep at night.
- The manufacturer warranty is for three year on the product.
- It consumes only 28 Watts of power even at max speed.
- It comes with remote control. It supports boost & timer mode.
- Its operating voltage ranges lies between 140-285 Volts.
- It has a low cost as compared to other top models.
- It contains the designer-blades with a metallic coating.
- It has a sweep size of 1200 mm. It ensures that a crisp-breeze circulates to every nook and corner.
- It can move continuously even at voltage fluctuation.
- It is a corrosion-free fan.
What We Like
- It comes with 5 stars rated BLDC motor with longevity.
- It is an energy saver fan.
- Since this white color fan has a silent-working, it is good for classrooms, libraries, hospitals.
7. Orient Electric Apex-FX Ceiling Fan
The Orient Electric Apex-FX Ceiling Fan gives soothing and cool air flow to make you comfortable in the hot days. It is a Valuable ceiling fan for your home required for all seasons. These Orient fans are a combination of perfect design, reliability, and performance that perfectly blends with the décor of your house. It is one of the best ceiling fans in India that comes with a ribbed aluminium blade to cover the large area while circulating an airflow. This brown color fan has a glossy powder coating to enhance its life span.
This Orient 3 blade fan ensures maximum air-delivery without producing any noise. It is suitable for bedrooms, even you can install in your balcony, kitchen or dining area. It is one of the best ceiling fans available at a reasonable cost.
- This Orient fan comes with a 12-pole heavy-motor with a double ball bearing design.
- It has 1200 mm sweep blade that ensures smooth operations.
- It gives a speed of 360 RPM.
- It has a super reliable and efficient motor made of copper.
- It provides a high delivery of wind at 200 m³/min.
- Its voltage is 220-240 Volts.
- Its power consumption is 78 watts.
- The warranty of the product is of 2 years.
What We Like
- There is no humming sound and performs a noiseless operation.
- It comes with aerodynamic blade design.
- It has wide-blades for higher air delivery and thrust.
- It is budget-friendly and power saving fan.
8. Bajaj Maxima 600 mm Ceiling Fan
Bajaj Ceiling Fans are well-known for speed and style. This Fan gives a good functioning and provides maximum comfort.
It has the great build quality and low impact on energy consumption. It is one of the best ceiling fans that give a maximal rate of air delivery even at the low voltages. It is available in different colors.
This Fan comes with Double Ball Bearing which increases load-bearing capacity and reliability.
- It comes with four-blades that rotate at a diameter of 600 mm.
- It runs at 110 CMM.
- It operates using 66 watts of power and provides 870 RPM.
- It has a quick-start high torque-motor that provides the high performance.
- It has super grade electric steel lamination that makes it long-lasting.
- It has a 2-year warranty.
What We Like
- It is a high speed ceiling fan with sleek and modern looks.
- It consumes less power.
- Its working is noise-free.
9. Bajaj New Bahar Deco 1200 mm Ceiling Fan
These ceiling fans are a blend of aesthetic looks and powerful performance. It is one of the Best Ceiling Fans that comes with the side bend blades. It has a rust-free powder coated finish for a durable-body. These fans are the absolute value of your money.
This fan comes with double-ball bearing for smooth performance without the menace of heating up. It is ideal for large bedrooms, living-rooms, hall etc.
- The warranty is of 2 years on the product.
- Its energy consumption is 73 Watts.
- It is equipped with a quick-start torque-motor.
- These best ceiling fans work well even under low voltage conditions.
- It can distribute air in all directions.
- Its package includes hanger assembly, canopy set, motor assembly, down-rod, blade set, warranty card.
What We Like
- It has a unique colour combination with an exotic design.
- It has an excellent airflow rate and durability.
10. Crompton Hill Briz 1200 mm Ceiling Fan
These are the high-speed ceiling fan for harsh summertime that will refresh you within a few seconds. It runs consistently without consuming a lot of energy. It has smooth tip aluminium blades for swift air circulation. It is specially designed for larger rooms. Its attractive design doesn’t demand or regular cleaning. You can remove dust with a damp cloth after 15-day or a month.
Its double-bar bearing is extremely smooth even you can fix the ballon over it to celebrate festivals.
- Crompton offers a 2-year warranty on this fan.
- It uses 75 watts of electricity.
- It runs at a voltage between 220 and 240 Volts.
- Its fan size is of 1200 mm (48 inches). It will give a cool-breeze in every nook and corner.
- It rotates at a speed of 370 RPM.
- Its ribbed aluminium frame has different angles to give air all over in the room.
- Its package comprises an instruction manual.
- It comes with a durable hanging rod.
- It ensures delivery of air at 205 CM at all corners.
What We Like
- It is ideal for bed-rooms.
- It is easy to clean and maintain.
- It provides better air-flow.
- Its speed is easy to adjust.
Most Popular Ceiling Fan Brands
Types of Ceiling Fans
A ceiling fan helps you to feel more relaxed in the summers. They keep your power bills low.
There are several ceiling fans with different functionalities. Some are good for indoors while others add charm to the outdoors. Generally, they are of 4 types as described below:
Standard Ceiling Fan
You can find this kind of ceiling fans in the majority of households. They come in a variety of styles and sizes.
These are most useful for the indoors where the ceilings are 9 ft tall.
Low Profile Ceiling Fan
This type of ceiling fans goes well if the ceiling in your home is less than 8-ft tall.
The fan does not require a drop-rod. This fan is installed directly on the mounting bracket. It keeps the fan at 7 ft off the floor.
Dual Motor Ceiling Fan
These fans perform the same job what it sounds like, a fan with two motors. It houses a powerful engine at the centre with two horizontal rods. It has adjustable fan heads.
These are commonly used in public places.
Damp or Wet Fan
Damp ceiling fans consist of motors that resist the damage due to moisture. It is an outdoor ceiling fan. It has all-weather blades that are resistant to warping.
It is used in rooms that do not receive immediate precipitation. It can handle rain and snow and is a good choice for outdoor areas.
Ceiling Fans with Lights
The best ceiling fans with lights is one of the innovative features of the industrial revolution. These type of fans play a multi-purpose role by giving air and light. They bring a cool breeze and also adds beauty to space.
How to Choose the Best Ceiling Fans?
The latest ceiling fans models are energy efficient & bill saving products.
To Pick the Ceiling Fan, you should read all the specifications before planning to buy it.
Get Clear on your Budget
Budget is the most important factor to buy any product. You need to decide how much money are you willing to shell out on buying a ceiling fan.
You will find a variety of fans available at different prices. Knowing your pocket-range well allows you to look for the fan within your budget.
If you have decided to spend more, you can opt for a ceiling fan with remote control. It facilitates you more.
Many ceiling fans are available online. A wrong sized fan won’t give much wind to all sides of the room. So choose Ceiling Fans for home according to the room-size and the ceiling height.
|Room Size||Sweep Size|
|35 sq. ft or less than 35||600 mm or 24-inch|
|More than 35 to 65 sq. ft||900 mm or 35-inch|
|More than 65 to 100 sq. ft||1200 mm or 47-inch|
|More than 100 to 225 sq. ft||1400 mm or 55-inch|
It is one of the most crucial components. A high-quality one lasts for many years.
It gives the highest airflow all over in the room. There are two types of motors: The BLDC and The Single Phase Induction motor.
BLDC ceiling fan’s motor generates low noise and uses less electricity. It is a long lasting and rotates with continuous speed.
Single Phase supplies a single voltage to rotors. It is a common type of motor that uses the wires and winding poles.
Some fans these days, come with a reversible motor. They enable you to change the direction of the blade’s revolution.
Number of blades
Size of the fan and quantity of the blades depends on the size of the room.
Most of the fan comes with three or four sweep blades. Three-blade fans are quite popular and perfect for home. They are less expensive as compared to the four-blade fans.
Both of them work quicker, but three-blade fans are a bit noisy.
Length of Drop Rod
A drop rod is used to hang a ceiling fan with the ceiling. Its length matters to get good air circulation.
A ceiling fan shouldn’t be too close to the ceiling or too high from the floor. It may affect the fan’s performance.
The fan should be 6 to 7 ft up from the floor and, the blades should be at least 2 ft down from the ceiling.
If the height of your ceiling is 6 ft, then you don’t need a down rod. If its height is of 10 to 14 ft, then you can use 12″ to 36″.
The airflow of a ceiling fan is measured in CFM (Cubic Feet Per Minute). It is the measure of how much air a fan can deliver. It is estimated when the fan is running at its highest speed. Superfan Super A1 ceiling fan with 220 CMM is also a great choice for you. Also making sure that the room is well ventilated.
A good ceiling fan can deliver an airflow between 4,000 to 5,000 CFM.
However, some efficient ceiling fans can give an airflow greater than 6,000 CFM.
BEE Star Ratings
As ceiling fans consume electricity more than lights BEE started rating fans of 120mm sweep. The ceiling fan for home comes with saving electrical power feature. They do not have high power consumption.
BEE (Bureau of Energy Efficiency) assigns the star rating to the brands for their products. It depend on the energy efficiency of the product.
More the number of stars, lesser is the consumption of power.
Always go for a power saver, high star rated ceiling fan that delivers a good airflow. At the same time, it will cut down your electricity bill.
Additional functionalities mean additional costs. If you do not need advanced functions in the fan, go for a basic model.
Popular brands like Usha, Bajaj, Crompton, etc. produce power-saving ceiling fans. They all come in different designs and look.
Before making a purchase, check the fan specifications as per your need.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Does a Ceiling Fan Cool the Air in Summers?
A ceiling fan makes you feel relaxed by creating an artificial breeze. It absorbs the moisture from your body.
In summers, you need a ceiling fan that has counter-clockwise direction. Due to this, the slant of the blades pushes the air down. It starts to cool the room temperature.
2. What Is RPM?
RPM is Revolution Per Minute. The fan speed depends upon the RPM. If the fan’s RPM is high, then its speed will also be high.
3. Which Fan Motor Is Energy-Efficient?
BLDC or Brush-Less DC motor is an energy-saving. It reduces power consumption and friction.
4. How Many Blades Should a Ceiling Fan Have?
Most people believe that more the number of blades a fan has, cooler the surrounding is. Along with the number of the blades, the quality of airflow depends upon blade pitch, motor and balance.
If a fan has fewer-blades, it causes less drag on the motor. As a result, it goes in full swing. It creates better airflow and cooling impact.
Pitch of the blade is another important factor. It shouldn’t be completely horizontal. It restricts the blades to pick up air. If it has high-pitch, it can replace the air-efficiently.
So, a fan with fewer-blades turns swiftly and increase the air movement. But, if you are looking for a gentle wind, you can consider a fan with more blades.
Please note that the blades should have a tilt of around 12 to 15 degrees. The slope or angle affects the efficiency of the fan. Some fans have a high lift angle, which enhances air delivery.
5. What Size Down Rod Should I Need for My Room Size?
Choose the size of the Down Rod according to room.
If ceiling height is of 9 Feet, then you need 6 inches pole. 12-inch pole length is suitable for 10 ft room.
Similarly, 18″ is for 11 feet. 24 inch is for 12 feet. 36 and 48 Inch pole length is for 13 ft and 14 ft. If your room is of 15′ or higher, then you should take 60 inches down-rod.
6. What Is the Meaning of Fan Sweep or Blade Sweep?
Fan sweep is the diameter of the circle when the blades are in motion. A decade ago, ceiling fans were available in 42″, 48″ or 52″. The latest models available these days with sweep up to 60″ and even over 96″.
7. Does Air Circulation Depend Upon Fan Sweep?
Yes, fan sweep helps to circulate more air in the whole room. If it is of 1200 mm then it will cool your entire room at same speed quickly.