In A Hurry? Our Top 3 Picks To Buy
Staying fit depends upon the air that you breathe; the water you drink and the food you eat. But today, neither water nor food is free from pollutants.
It is hard to escape from pollution, no matter you are living in how posh an area. It is all around.
If we talk about air pollution in the cities of India, we all know very well how it is growing with leaps and bounds. There is nothing like opening the gate or window and breathing clean and fresh air.
According to the World Health Organisation, 13 out of the 20 most polluted cities in the world with the highest levels of PM 2.5 are present in India. Metro or big cities in India are struggling with the problem of pollution. And, the thing that surprises more is that the air present in indoor spaces is more harmful than outdoor.
But how Air Pollution takes birth in our house?
Gas Stoves, electrical appliances, poor-ventilation, cigarette smoke, personal grooming products, etc. release harmful gases that decline the indoor air quality. Due to Indoor Air Pollution, especially children and elders, become vulnerable to serious lung diseases, respiratory-problems, eye irritation, and allergies.
Reducing Air Pollution indoors can lower the burden of chronic diseases and life threatening conditions. It is the reason why Air Purification Technology is becoming popular day by day to deal. Like we have water purifiers in our homes to purify water; Air Purifiers help to monitor the air of the room. They can remove large and small particles of dust and dirt, harmful gases, pollens and other irritants from the polluted air.
Based on Market Research, we have prepared a list of Best Air Purifier in India 2019.
We highly recommend you to read our Air Purifiers buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Which are the Top 10 Best Air Purifier in India 2019?
1. Honeywell i9 Air Purifier
Whenever we talk about Delhi Pollution, only one thing comes to mind how people breathe in such a dirty environment. We need special types of air purifiers to remove such impurities. In terms of specifications, it is the power-packed product.
Honeywell is one of the Best Air Purifiers as it has advanced-filters. It has the capacity to remove 99.9% of the harmful pollutants from bedrooms, drawing rooms. These purifiers guard your lovable ones. The dedicated feature of Honeywell air purifier is an advanced 3-stage system that removes pollutants with 99% energy efficiency.
- It covers an area of 415 square feet.
- Its smart technology sensor senses the level of pollution and starts purifying the air.
- It has a 3-D air flow design.
- It has a realtime Particulate Matter 2.5 levels display.
- It comes along with a manufacturer warranty of 3 years.
What we like
- It removes 99% of the air impurities.
- It works silently.
- It is the best option you can buy.
- Its HEPA filter comes with 3 layer that assures an excellent level of purity.
- It is 100% ozone-free. It doesn’t emit any gases as a side product of filtration.
2. Coway Sleek Pro AP-1009 Air Purifier
This brand is popular all over the world for air purifiers. It is 100% made in Korea. It uses true HEPA technology. It is perfect for purifying the air up to an area of 355 Sqft / 33 Sq.m. It is a magical Air purifier. These purifiers protect you from allergies, dust, pet hairs, bacteria, viruses.
Whether you are living in polluted areas or the air of the room is so bad, this instantly detects the low, medium and high pollution levels through its inbuilt air quality indicator. The general view is that it is the ideal product when compared with other products at a similar cost range.
- It’s (CADR) Clean Air Delivery Rate can offer a fresh air up to 303 cubic meter volume of the room in one hour approximately.
- It includes a dust sensor that can optimise the quality of air.
- It comes with three-filters, namely Pre-filter, Patented Urethane Carbon Filter and Multi layer HEPA filter.
- It got certification from BAF for its superior technique.
- It has a user-friendly interface. It has four-speed levels operated with one button.
- It is suitable for the drawing-room, kitchen, and bedroom.
- This purifier ensures the best and super silent performance.
- It gives maximum air flow rate to diminish the 0.3 microns or smaller and 2.5 particulate.
- The warranty is of 3 years on the motor and 12 months on electrical parts.
- It ensures 97% of efficiency to deodorise the air.
- Its noise range lies between 22 and 49 decibels.
What we like
- With activated carbon filter, pre-filter, HEPA-filter, it removes all the real-time pollutants such as mold spores, bacterium, pet dander etc.
- It fights with high pollution.
- It is a compact air purifier. You can place it anywhere in your home.
- It is beneficial for senior citizens, kids, pets, and other family members.
- Its filter life is long-running.
- It can better take care of your health.
3. Daikin MC30 Room Air Purifier
Daikin is one of the leading brands for air purifiers. It is effective in removing harmful bacteria, viruses and gases. This MC30 Air Purifier is perfect for medium-sized rooms or bedrooms, office rooms.
It involves a HEPA system. It delivers an air flow up to the maximum square foot area of 231 in 20 minutes.
These air purifiers are capable of detecting the concentration of PM2.5. The burning of fossil fuels generates PM 2.5. Vehicular smoke and suspended particulate matter, industrial emissions, thermal power plants are the other sources.
- The warranty is of 1 year on the product.
- It has the right electrostatic HEPA filter. It captures up to 99.7% of dust, allergens, smoke and pollen.
- This purifier is ideal for a living-room, medium-room and bedroom.
- It uses an activated-carbon coated odour filter. This carbon filter removes bad smell and other volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- It comes with anti-pollen mode for controlling pollen pollution.
- It has smart sensors for monitoring indoor dust and PM 2.5 levels in real-time.
- It features a three-colour LED AQI indicator that displays indoor air quality data.
- Its air flow rate is 3m3/min.
- It comes with four air flow modes: quiet, low, standard and turbo.
- It has the power-rating of 220-240 volts.
- With auto-mode, it kicks off at top speed upon powering up for the first 15 seconds and adjusts its speed according to room’s pollution-level.
What we like
- It is durable and lightweight.
- It makes less noise.
- Its tower structure design is the best and energy efficient.
- It comes with an elegant design.
- It helps to maintain a healthful atmosphere.
4. Dyson Pure Cool Link Tower WiFi-Enabled Air Purifier
Dyson understands the needs of the Indian Market, thus present an air purifier that is loaded with several additional important features. Its wi-fi enabled quick purification process automatically removes 99.95% of allergens.
This Pure Cool Air Purifier is the specific type of HEPA Air Purifier that removes indoor air pollutants while activated carbon filter captures household odours, fumes and harmful toxins. It launches Dyson link app that gives a report of real time air-quality and makes possible for you to control the machine via smartphone. These purifiers come with a remote control that you can dock on the top of the device.
- It has a HEPA filter with activated carbon filters.
- It has Air Multiplier Technology and Oscillation feature that powerfully projects and circulates good quality air.
- It has vacuum-sealed Glass HEPA filters. It ensures that the harmful ultra-fine pollutants are not released back into the room
- It consists of ten air speed, auto-mode, night-time mode, sleep timer, and easy-to-clean aperture.
- It is (Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America) AAFA-certified.
- It’s 360-degree air intake allows easy placement anywhere.
What we like
- It is capable of removing ultra-fine particles in the air and distributes purified air throughout the room.
- It automatically monitors, reacts, and purify the air.
- It has a beautiful air projection.
- It is wifi and Bluetooth enabled.
- It is capable of removing particles as small as PM 0.1 (0.1 microns).
5. Philips 2000 Series AeraSense AC2887 56-Watt Air Purifier
Philips 2000 Series Air Purifier is the adequate home appliances for larger families. It comes with Aerasense technology that helps in destroying the PM2.5 level. It works even at the slightest increase in pollution.
It uses 60 watts of power. It decreases Formaldehyde (colourful poisonous gases), TVOC from ambient air. It has an auto-numerical indicator. It will guide you to check the pollution inside the home. This model enjoys a good rating or feedback from many users.
- Its Air Flow Rate / CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) purifies the air with 333 m3/hour speed.
- The home air purifier covers an area of 41 Square meters.
- It has a unique air purification method for cleaning the air.
- It comes with a warranty of 2 years.
- It reduces 2.5 particulate matter.
- It has smart Vitashield purification system. It has three settings.
- It comes with the scratch-proof plastic white coloured body.
- It has an auto temperature and humidity mode.
- It kills 99.9% of harmful bacteria and viruses.
- It has a sleep mode and pollution mode. It has auto allergen and bacteria mode.
- This Philips Air Purifier is 100% ozone-free. It sanitises the lousy air at high speed.
What we like
- It is reliable and modern.
- This room air purifier works with low sound.
- This purifier will improve the air flow surrounding the room.
- It removes airborne allergens.
- It is perfect for medium to larger rooms.
- It comes with the longest filter life.
6. Philips 2000 Series AC2882 56-Watt Air Purifier
This Air Purifier guards us against allergens, bacteria, and infection. It comes with Vitashield Intelligent Purification Technology. It purifies 20nm of ultra-fine molecules. It has aerodynamic Aerasense sensors. This HEPA filter type purifier is the right pick for an average Indian bed-room.
The Healthy Air Protect Alert is the magnificent feature of this air purifier. It let you know when the filter needs to be changed. If the HEPA filter is not replaced, these purifiers may stop working and avoids ineffective purification.
- It has Pollution and Bacteria mode, Virus and Allergen mode.
- It uses HEPA filter type for purification.
- The warranty is of 2 years on the product.
- It uses Air quality index to calculate the air pollution level.
- It spreads 324 m3/hr clean-air to every house.
- It is an Aerasense air purifier.
- It has four colour dimmed lights that check the air condition of the surroundings.
- It is 100% free from ozone.
- Its energy consumption is 56W.
- It is appropriate for large rooms.
- It distributes air up to 409 square feet.
- It has auto-modes.
What we like
- It is noiseless.
- It has an easy installation.
- The brand offers good after-sales service in case of any issue.
7. Tefal Intense Pure Air 35 Watt Bedroom Air Purifier
Tefal Intense is a perfect air purifier for small bedrooms, office cabins. It is suitable for room-sizes up to 35 Sq.m. It is designed to absorb air from all sides.
It is a high-performance air purifier that purifies up to 99.97% of the indoor pollution. It is designed in France with the brand’s expertise in manufacturing quality products.
- It comes with NanoCapture Technology that destroys cancer-causing agents to control the air quality.
- Its performance lasts 12 times longer.
- It uses HEPA filters for purification.
- The air purifier model distributes fresh air from the top and sides at angles of 90° and 45°.
- It has an automatic timer so that you can modify it relying on how long you want to run it.
What we like
- It has four-speed settings, changes indicator, and display panel.
- It is the best choice for people having breathing problems.
- It is a highly portable room, Air Purifier.
8. Philips 1000 Series AC1215 20 Air Purifier
Philips 1000 Series AC1215 20 Air Purifier is one of the Best Air Purifiers. It is also considered a number one brand for Air Purifiers. It is specially designed to shield us from contaminants and allergens.
It has night sensing mode. This HEPA Air Purifier removes 0.02 tiny particles and keeps colourless gases away from the bedroom by the best possible techniques. These purifiers have four different fan speeds that alter automatically based on the room-size
It comes with light indicators; the red one gives information about poor allergen particle level, the green indicates good allergen particle level. While working on the silent mode, it adjusts the fan speed, dims the light, and offers comfort.
- It comes with Extra nano protect HEPA filters that trap airborne particles.
- The warranty is of 2 years on the product.
- Its wire length is 1.8 meters.
- It has excellent sensors that work continuously at night.
- It has auto purification mode. It comes with real-time indoor air PM2.5 levels indicator.
- It has passed the quality test under the European Center for Allergy Research-Foundation (ECARF), Airmid, and AHAM.
- It will remove 99.9% of particles.
- It cleans the air to the maximum coverage area of 677 square feet.
- It has a touch display panel.
- It uses 11 to 50W and 50 Hz frequency.
- Its operating voltage is 220 Volts.
- It has a 4-colour indicator.
- It has Vitashield IPS-filter.
- It delivers the air around at a rate of 270m3/hr.
- This HEPA Air Purifier will alert you when there is a need to change the filter.
What we like
- Its all functions work with less noise.
- The four colour quality indicator measures the real-time air quality levels.
- It is a made in China product.
- It comes with the child lock feature. The unintended changes in the settings by children are prevented by child lock.
- It is available at an affordable price range.
- It is best for small rooms.
- It notifies you when it’s time to change the filters.
9. Blueair Joy S Room Air Purifier
Blueair Joy is a beautiful home appliance to clean polluted-air from inside the home. It comes with HepaSilent technology that can easily remove 99.97% of bacteria, allergens, airborne harmful substances. It is one of the useful home appliances.
It is certified by the RISE (Research-Institute of Sweden). This air purifier is a convenient and powerful air purifier with an easy setup, maintenance, and high performance. It delivers clean-air through the mechanical and electrostatic method.
- The manufacturer’s warranty is of 2 years on the product.
- It is an energy-efficient air purifier that consumes 1.5 -Watt of power on fan settings.
- It utilises 10-Watts on the third fan speed.
- It has built-in High-efficiency HEPA filter to relieve you from microplastics & pet-dander. It doesn’t produce ozone gas at the time of air-filtration.
- It also contains activated-carbon with 20 sq.m long & efficient particle filter that can eliminate smoke particles and nasty smell from the indoor air.
What we like
- It has colourful pre-fabric-filter that efficiently recaptures even the tiniest of the impurities.
- It is compact, super-silent, and powerful.
- It comes with Activated-Carbon Sheet that protects you from harmful gases, household fumes, bad odour & TVOCs.
- It is entirely tested by global bodies that ensure that the air purifier gives you the best performance.
10. Eureka Forbes Dr.Aeroguard SCPR 300 Air Purifier
This SCPR 300 air purifier is approved for the standards of air quality by GUI-Lb Germany. It combats soil, allergies, smoke and odour. It improves the quality of air in a couple of hours and makes it more breathable and pleasant.
These air purifiers provide a preset-timer so that you can sleep peacefully. You can set the timer between 1 and 12 hours. It can eliminate small-size microns to defend you from deadly diseases.
- It comes with 9-stage filtration that eliminates impurities.
- It comes with one-touch control.
- It comes with 3 Color Air quality display.
- It features Vita-Ion technology. It releases silver ions, vitamins, diatoms and negative ions.
- It comes with the HEPA-plus activated carbon filter for making the air pure and healthy.
- It has a deodorisation-filter that removes toxic gases and foul odour.
- Its power consumption is 35-watt.
- It has a one year warranty.
What we like
- It has a compact and space-saving design.
- It eliminates smoke, dust, pollen, germs, VOCs, viruses, and pollutants from the air and distributes purified air.
- It has whisper-quiet operations.
- It is easy to carry.
- It can prevent major health related diseases.
Top 10 Air Purifiers in India 2019
|Air Purifier||Area (Sq. ft)||CADR|
|Coway Sleek Pro AP-1009||355||303m3/hr|
|Dyson Pure Cool||300||75m3/hr|
|Tefal Intense Pure||377||150m3/hr|
|Philips Series 1000 AC1215/20||677||270m3/hr|
|Blueair Joy S||890||200m3/hr|
|Eureka Forbes SCPR 300||247||62.8m3/hr|
Best Air Purifier Brands in India
- Eureka Forbes
Other Models That You May Consider
- Honeywell Air Touch i8 42-Watt Air Purifier
- Kent Aura Portable Room Air Purifier
- Philips 3000 Series AC3256/20 60-Watt AeraSense Air Purifier
How to Choose the Air Purifier for Home?
In this section of this article, we have mentioned some important factors that will help you to select the right one. You should consider the following qualities before buying the Best Air Purifier for indoors:
It is one of the most important factors that you should know when you focus on buying the new air purifier for you.
You should choose the air purifiers according to your room-size. The coverage area of air purifiers should be equal to or greater than the area of the room.
Philips 2000 series is ideal for 410 Sq ft.
You can install it in large bedrooms, living rooms, dining rooms, hotel rooms.
Choose the Right Filter Technology
High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestant filters are the most commonly used filters in the air purifiers. There are other kinds of filters, such as ion and ozone generators, anti-bacterial filter, activated carbon filter, etc.
The four most usually used methods are:
- HEPA Filtration System
- Ionic Filtration System
- Photocatalytic Filtration System
- Carbon Filtration
Depending upon the size of the particles, there are different ways of trapping the impurities such as diffusion, interception, impaction, or sieving.
You should check the type of filter. Pre-filters eliminate larger particles such as animal hair, dust, and other impurities.
HEPA filters are easy to clean. This HEPA filter removes toxic particles like dust, pollen, soil and cigarette smoke, other suspended particles, etc. For trap smallest particles in the air, 3 components are used by the HEPA filters. Therefore, HEPA filters are the best option in the market. The best grade HEPA filters, HiSiv filter let enjoy the greatest levels of pure air.
The Activated carbon filters help to reduce the pet dander, airborne fungi, dust, and harmful chemicals. The carbon filter is capable of absorbing a large number of contaminants.
Ionic Air Purifiers work on an ionic filter. Ionizer emits a cloud of charged-ions that react with the dust particles. These air purifiers with ionizer can catch 0.01 microns sized particles.
Photocatalytic-Filters or photocatalyst filter use TiO2 (titanium dioxide) as a catalyst. It works on PCO (photocatalytic oxidation technology). When Ultraviolet light strikes it, the electrons (negatively charged ions) are released in the air. These negative ions react with water molecules present in the air and break them into hydroxyl radicals. These radicals attack more significant organic compounds.
The biggest drawback of these types of filters in air purifiers is that they produce a small amount of Ozone that itself is an air pollutant.
Ozone generators that are available as an air cleaner should be avoided. Their drawback is that inhalation of ozone is not suitable for health.
It is an electric device. It charges the ions for dumping smoke ashes and dust.
It is necessary to save human efforts. Air purifiers come with inbuilt advanced air purification features like sleep mode, night mode, Bacteria and virus mode, HEPA Filter Change alarm, Allergen mode, etc. Some air purifiers can be linked with the Home app to enable IoT capabilities such as remote operation and monitoring.
The noise levels of the air purifiers depend upon the fan speed. Higher the rate of the fan speed, louder the device is.
Many of the air purifiers that come with a fan also have speed adjustment option. So, check whether the air purifier has that setting or not so that you can controlled the fans speed to reduce the level of noise.
ACH Ratings (Air change per hour)
It is another crucial factor to consider while purchasing an air purifier for your home. ACH stands for Air Change per Hour. ACH rating tells us how often can an air purifier exchange the air in the room. It is expressed in the multiples of ‘x,’ for example; 3x, 6x, etc.
Higher the number, more efficient the air purifiers is in purifying the air inside the room. Buy an air purifier with maximum air-exchange rates that will clean the air faster.
It is another essential thing to consider while choosing an air purifier. Depending upon usage and brand. The high wattage air purifier uses a lot of power.
Philips 1000-series uses just 50-watt. MI air purifier utilises 4.8 to 3.1 Watts.
Atlanta Gama Pure works on 43 watts.
If you are planning to use an air purifier for a longer-time, make sure to clean it regularly. It will cut down your electricity bill in the long-run. Buy an air purifier that is worth the price tag.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is Vitashield IPS Technology in Air Purifier?
It is an intelligent Purification System. It can capture the particles as small as 0.02 microns from the indoors air.
It removes 99.9% of harmful gases, allergens, ultrafine particles.
It will keep your home safe and healthy.
2. What Is the Full Form of CADR?
CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) is a measure of the air parameters according to the room size.
It delivers clean-air in cubic feet per minute.
Air Purifier with ( CADR) High Clean Air Delivery-Rate reduces 99.9% of microparticles from inside the room.
3. Is Air Purifier Fan Noisy?
It relies upon the fan quality. In Radiobox, we have chosen low noise air purifiers that will never disturb your sleep.
4. Which is the Latest Technology that Air Purifiers Use?
An Air Purifier uses air-filters to purify the air completely. Air Purifiers use five types of air purifying filter techniques.
- HEPA technology
- Activated Carbon technology
- Negative Ion Technology
- UV Ion Technology
- Ozone Technology
5. How Long Should I Run an Air Purifier?
You can run an air purifier for even 24 hours without any worries. Air Purifiers come with colourful lights to tell you about the quality of air in your room.
The blue light in air purifiers indicates good air. Its red (bad level) and purple indicate bad air, and blue-violet means less lousy air.
You can turn off the air purifier once its light converts into blue (sound level) colour.
6. How Often Should I Replace the Filters?
Filter Replacement depends upon the indoor and outdoor air quality. Generally, filters require annual replacement. However, in places like Delhi, where the air is weak, you need to replace its filters more frequently.
7. What Are the Benefits of Using an Air Purifier?
An air purifier gives healthy and safe air to breathe. It is perfect for asthma patients and people having respiratory problems.
Air purifiers can eliminate harmful impurities. It makes it easy for us to breathe correctly.
8. Which Air Purifier removes harmful particles?
Air Purifiers from Brands like Philips and Honeywell comes with filtration-technology to remove 99% of harmful particles from the room.
8. What Is Car Air Purifier?
The car air purifier is a small portable version of air purifiers. They purifying particulate matter of size less than 2.5 microns and pollen grains.