When it comes to beating the summer heat, there is a wide range of appliances available in the market.
If you are searching for a budget-friendly appliance for summer days, an Air Cooler is a perfect option for you.
Air Coolers cool the room while dry heat is prevailing all over the surroundings. With rising temperatures, coolers have become a necessity. It provides you with the comfort and cooling you want.
The good thing is that you can easily drag it from one room to another. You can use it anywhere in your home; indoor or outdoor. Moreover, it is environment-friendly.
We have prepared a list of the Best Air Cooler in India based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our Air Coolers buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 Air Coolers in India
|Air Cooler||Room Size||Water Tank|
|Symphony Siesta||370 Sq Ft||70-Litre|
|Havells Koolaire||370 Sq Ft||51-Litre|
|Crompton||550 Sq Ft||75-Litre|
|Crompton Ozone||550 Sq Ft||55-Litre|
|Kenstar Dx||215 Sq Ft||50-Litre|
|Havells Freddo||256 Sq Ft||70-Litre|
|Symphony Touch||185 Sq Ft||55-Litre|
|Symphony 35T||146 Sq Ft||35-Litre|
|Bajaj Platini PX97||150 Sq Ft||36-Litre|
|Orient Smartcool-DX||150 Sq Ft||16-Litre|
Which are the Top 10 Best Air Cooler in India 2020?
1. Symphony Siesta 70 Litres Air Cooler
It provides maximum air delivery in every nook and corner of the room. With aesthetics, it perfectly matches the decor of your space. Symphony is a blend of unstoppable performance and great looks. It evenly distributes the air in the room.
It produces a low noise level and makes your sleep more pleasurable. With the large capacity of air cooler, it provides a breeze for a longer period. Bring this cooler to your home to enjoy the scorching heat. According to efficiency and performance, this product is a clear winner in this segment.
- It is a 16-inch powerful fan.
- It comes with a 70L of capacity.
- It is suitable for room-size of up to 370 Sq Ft.
- It has a white coloured body.
- Its dimensions are 61.8 cm x 50.5 cm x 111.5 cm.
- Its power consumption is 160 Watts.
- Its operating voltage is 230 V.
- It provides easier mobility around the house.
- It comes with a uniquely designed grills for better air throw.
- It allows cross-ventilation in your room or area.
- Its package includes cooler, caster-wheel, and user manual.
What We Like
- It is worth for money.
- It is available at a reasonable price.
- It comes with a warranty of one year.
- It requires less maintenance.
- The brand provides customer care service for products related queries or issues.
2. Havells Koolaire Wood wool 51-Litre Air Cooler
Havells is the reputed brand for home appliances. It is a cost-efficient and powerful air cooler for indoor and outdoor places. It is a smart cooler that gives you the effective results within a few minutes. It is the perfect options for those who are looking for an energy efficient air cooler.
There is no need to tolerate burning-heat. Feel the snow-breeze with this cooler and enjoy every moment. It has a powerful air throw and supercooling abilities. This snow breeze super more chill ensures that winters are back this summer.
- The water tank volume capacity is 51 litres.
- It has a powerful blower fan with fully collapsable louvers. It keeps the insects, dust away from the cooler.
- It has a three-speed setting. You can set as per the room temperature.
- It comes with wool-pads with a dust filter net. It ensures fresh and clean air.
- It holds one year of warranty.
- It has five-leaf aluminium blades. It throws the air of 3200 cubic meters.
- It comes with the drain system to save you from cleaning of dirt-particles.
- The operating voltage is 220 to 240 Volts.
- It comes with rotatory-wheels for smooth-movement.
- Its power consumption is 220 Watts.
- It is ideal for the bedroom, living-room, study-room, modular kitchen, office or shop.
What We Like
- It can reduce power bills.
- It has simple installation.
3. Crompton Greaves Ozone 75-Litre Desert Air Cooler
It cools your environment in a span of a short time. It comes with the uniform air flow dispenser, motorised-louvres, and a separate chamber for ice that increase the efficiency of cooling.
It is the perfect Air Cooler in India that can ensure effective cooling and power paced performance with some extra functionalities. These include 4-way air deflection and air speed control. It cools the room efficiently and is suitable for up to 500 sq. feet. Therefore, it will be your favourite cooling-partner in the hot climate.
- It has a water tank capacity of 75 ltrs.
- It consumes 190-Watts of energy.
- It is suitable for the area of 550 square feet.
- It has four-way air deflection and motorised/oscillating louvre movement.
- It has a durable fibre body that keeps it rust-free.
- It comes with the indicator to check the water-volume.
- It comes with the 1-year warranty.
- It has 3-speed settings.
- It has an openable cooling pad that makes it easier for you to clean and refill the water tank.
What We Like
- It has active honeycomb pads.
- It can ensure cool air for the maximum period.
- The hole to fill the water or water inlet is also small.
4. Crompton Ozone 55 Ltrs Desert Air Cooler
Crompton introduces world-class technology to improve the standard of living. It is a Desert Air Cooler and is in demand due to their durability. It maintains hygiene inside the cooler. It is offers an automatic water level indicator that lets you easily monitor the water-amount in the cooler.
This tower air cooler takes less volume in the room. You can place near the sofa or bed. This 55L cooler is sufficient for small families. It is a cost-friendly option to make your summertime comfortable.
- The warranty for this cooler is 1 year.
- It comes with four castor wheels to move the cooler.
- It gives an air delivery (in CFM) of 4500 CFM.
- It consumes less power of 190 Watts.
- It is the great air cooler with a capacity of 55 litres.
- It comes with the honeycomb cooling-pads.
- It has airspeed control functions from low to high.
- It gives a water level indicator. You will easy to know when water gets empty.
- It provides a water-drain option to empty the dirty water.
- The cooler comes with motor overload protector.
What We Like
- It comes with the removable-pads.
- Its body is free from rust.
- It is available at a nominal cost.
- It ensures powerful air delivery at an affordable cost.
- It is ideal for the room-size of 550 sq.-Ft.
5. Kenstar Double Cool Dx 50-Litre Air Cooler
This individual air cooler is made to deliver comfort-cooling in many ways. It distributes a uniform cool air current air in the room. With 4-way air deflection, it brings a fresh-cooling to the entire room. It allows you to enjoy the great cooling-experience with your family and friends. It is suitable for living-room, bedroom offices and a restaurant.
It comes with a corrosion-free, thermally re-engineered plastic body. It is specially made to consume less power while providing excellent performance. It will be a bigger relief to your pocket as it is available at an affordable cost with power-packed functionality as compared to expensive ones. Thus, this private air cooler is a perfect companion for you in hot weather conditions.
- It has an elegant and white coloured body with modern design.
- The dimensions are 650mm x 530mm x 550mm.
- Its air delivery rate is 1750 cubic meters per hour.
- Its air throw distance is 35 feet.
- Its water tank storage capacity is 50Litre.
- This Double Cool air cooler provides cross-ventilation in the specific area or room effectively.
- It’s cooling covering area is 20 square meter.
- It comes with wood wool evaporated pads.
- This high-quality air cooler gives fresh air throughout the day.
- It has a motorized vertical louvre movement that has been ergonomically designed.
- It comes with three control speed, such as high, medium, and low.
What We Like
- It provides comfort with ease.
- It is good for dry and arid climates
- It produces a low noise level.
- It is simple to install.
- It has a one year warranty.
6. Havells Freddo I Desert Cooler 70 Litres
It is one of the Best Room Cooling unit that works smartly. It prevents the dust particles, air pollutants from entering the indoors. It has various facilities such as an ice chamber, mosquito net, and dust filters, empty water tank alarm, auto airflow movement, rotatory-wheels, blower, sleep-mode, dispenser, remote.
Like an Air Conditioner, this Cooler with Remote has an auto-swing function for the distribution of cold and fresh air to every nook and corner. No matter where you set-up the cooler, it will deflect the wind in all the directions. Thus, it is capable to produce a satisfactory cooling result at all times.
- It is a type of personal air cooler that keeps the room cool in an effective manner.
- It comes with high-quality Honeycomb pads.
- The Warranty of this cooler is 1 year.
- It is inbuilt with a digital touch control-panel and 4 Hours timer-setting.
- Its triplet speed functionalities are convenient and easy to use. You can set the time, on/off switch and control the device speed.
- Its innovative technology protects the voltage from fluctuation.
- It comes with an ice chamber.
- It operates on 220 – 240 V Volts.
- It consumes 220 W energy.
- It delivers a high flow of air up to 3500 m3.
- Its capacity is 70 litres.
- The power requirement of this cooler is 220 watts.
- It delivers chilled air up to 116 m3 in small bedrooms, or it is suitable for around 256 Sqft size.
- The fan size is 16 inches.
- It comes with the remote.
- Its air covers a distance up to 23 meters.
- Its airflow reaches up to 75 Feet.
What We Like
- It is the smart device that ensures high-grade cooling.
- It is valuable for money.
- It has an attractive design.
- It provides a favourable-cooling effect.
- It provides multi-stage air purification and removes the foul smell.
- It is the best air cooling unit that produces low noise.
7. Symphony Touch 55 Ltrs Room Cooler
Symphony is the largest company for cooling appliances. It is a famous brand all over the world that offers a variety of products for the household. It launches smart coolers to save you from scorching summers. Touch 55L is the personal cooler. This personal air cooler is specially designed for drawing rooms. It is the best cooler unit in India that looks so attractive helps you to enhance the decor of the room. Its smaller body gives you a powerpack performance.
It allows you comforting nights and refreshing days. With six aspen wood wool cooling pads, it ensures the maximum chilled effect even when the mercury soars up. You don’t need to worry about power bill this summer as this Symphony Air Coolers help to saves maximum energy and will surely help you to save money. Thus, this energy saver cooler will be a huge-relief to your pocket.
- It comes with two in one handle for easy moving.
- Its 55L capacity is suitable for the room of 71 m3.
- Its power consumption is 205 Watts.
- This energy saver cooler runs with an inverter.
- It indicates the level of water.
- It has water and ice inlet on both left and right side of the cooler.
- It doesn’t need any stand. Its double blower gives active cooling even from the floor base.
- It comes with the swings control knob.
- It provides an outlet to release excessive water.
- It has the high-efficiency removable pads.
- It gives a one-year warranty.
What We Like
- Its operating cost is similar to a ceiling fan.
- It is easy to clean.
- It ensures cross ventilation if all the windows are open
- It has a shockproof body.
- It has better fan speed and gives noise-free working.
8. Symphony Diet 35T 35 Litre Air Cooler
This Tower Air Cooler has automatic-louvres that circulate the fresh air in all directions. Other than that, it comes with the i-Pure technology and Dura pump technology that is useful for reducing excessive warm air from the room. They can acts as a filter in the cooler that turns bad air into clean air.
It comes with a high-grade quality that provides a long-lasting life to the air cooler. With aesthetic and good looks, this room cooler adds charm in the setup place. Its package includes effective honeycomb cooling pads, multi-directional rotating wheels, Dura-pump technology, ice chamber.
- The cooler has a water-storage capacity of 35 Litres.
- The Warranty is of 1 year on the product.
- Its power consumption is 170 Watts.
- Its Operating Voltage is 230 volts and 50 Hz frequency.
- It has three speed modes. You can adjust the speed at low, medium, and high modes as per your need.
- Due to mosquito net & dust protection, cooler will serve healthy air all over the room.
- In case of a power cut, the cooler automatically run on the inverter model.
- The cooler comes with a plastic blower that quickly refrigerates the 50 m3 or 1765 cubic feet room area.
- Its weight is just 9.5 Kg.
- Its blower can generate sufficient airflow in high volume.
- It has an auto-swing feature for quick cooling.
- There is a vent hole on the backside of the cooler that you can remove to drain the water.
- It has a small lever on the side that you can use to change the direction of the air.
What We Like
- It is highly efficient.
- It ensures fast air delivery to every nook of the room.
- You can easily move it anywhere.
- This personal air cooler is ideal for spot-cooling in small spaces.
- Its automatic louvres distribute the cool air throughout the room.
- It is slim in shape.
- It could beat the heat effectively.
9. Bajaj Platini PX97 Torque 36 Ltrs Cooler
When it comes to home appliances, Bajaj is a reliable name among the Indian consumers. This Air Cooler with Remote saves you from scorching-heat by providing much cooling to the body. If the tight area is a big issue in your house then, it is a good choice for you. It is compact for smooth movement.
It is a compact and portable cooler can be placed in offices and bedrooms for faster and effective cooling. It comes with a castor wheel for better mobility and generates less noise. Its 4-way air deflection system gives a cooling capacity of 150 square feet. It offers a 3-way air cool effect and comes with fan design to cover a large area of your room.
- It runs with the inverters to give cold air amidst power failure.
- The Warranty is of 1-year on the product.
- It has a four-sided air-deflection.
- Its fan works on a silent-mode.
- It comes with auto water level indicator.
- It comes with the large water tank volume of 36 litres.
- It assures the highest air waves in 150 sqft room within a few minutes.
- It has three-sided honeycomb pad for instant cooling effects.
- It uses chill trap technology.
- The average air flow cooling ability of this cooler is 1300 meter cube per hour.
- Its power consumption is 100 Watts.
- It requires a power supply of 230 voltage to run.
- Its rated frequency is 50 Hz.
- It allows you adjusting three different speeds from low to high gear as per the temperature of the room.
- It is ideal for an office, bedroom, or dining room.
- It delivers chilled air up to 30 feet distance.
- It is made of a thermoplastic that is reliable, corrosion-free and heat-resistant.
- It is specially crafted for all regions and coastal areas.
- This personal air cooler is suitable for a single-room with medium sized.
What We Like
- It rotates easily.
- Its motor is highly durable.
- It provides easy usage.
- It gives the incredible experience of cooling.
- It gives uniform cold air without any interruption.
What We Didn’t Like
- It has no sleep timer function or remote control.
- It doesn’t have a continuous water supply system.
10. Orient Electric Smartcool-DX CP1601H 16-Litre Personal Air Cooler
These desert coolers come to deliver maximum cooling with minimum wastage of power. It keeps you cool and relaxed throughout the day. It provides a steady flow of air in every corner to cool the room faster. This best product comes with a durable caster-wheel that makes it easier to move around the space.
This desert air cooler comes with a high-grade ABS plastic body. With dense nest honeycomb pads, it ensures 25 per cent more cooling and 45 per cent more water retention. It has fully collapsable louvers the vertical one has motorized-movement, and horizontal one has manual-movement. Thus, its time to switch on this personal air cooler to enjoy the optimum benefits.
- Its power consumption is 140 watts power.
- Its rate of air delivery is 1300m3/hr, and air throw distance is 25 ft.
- It needs 140W of power to operate.
- It has a white-coloured, stylish body that perfectly suits the decor of your space.
- It has a 3-speed motor that can work at low, medium and high speed.
- It is suitable for study-room, bedroom, shops, gyms, restaurants and closed outdoors.
- It provides uninterrupted-cooling by working with an inverter during power cuts.
- It comes with four castor wheels with cord winder for easy mobility.
- It is built with an anti-bacterial water tank to prevent the growth of the bacteria in the water tank.
- It comes with an ice chamber where you can put an ice cube for instant-cooling. Using ice water is a good idea for very hot days.
- It prevents mosquito breeding for the healthy flow of air.
- Its package contains an air cooler, warranty card, and manual card.
What We Like
- It is inverter compatible.
- It is the perfect air cooling product that provides simple operation.
- It is simple to operate.
- It has an auto-fill feature.
- It is available at an economical cost.
- It comes with a warranty of one year.
Best Air Cooler Brands in India
- Orient Electric
Other Models That You May Consider
- Maharaja Whiteline 65-Litre Air Cooler
Different Types of Air Coolers
Air coolers are classified into several types.
These best air coolers take less space in the room. The tower design of the air cooler looks stylish and thin in shape. It can give the same airflow as an AC. It comes with different functionalities like air cold dispenser, auto-louvres. It comes along with a water-draining facility. It is compact. It is a perfect choice for a small room. Keep the lights shut for increasing the efficiency of air cooler.
The water capacity of this cooler is far high. These are ideal for dry regions as it cools down the room air for the long-time. No doubt, they take much area in the place but perfect for medium and large rooms. They are also referred to as Evaporative Air Coolers, Swamp box or Wet air-coolers. It delivers cold air through the water-evaporation. It is lovely for outdoor-areas.
It is a space-saver, energy efficient, and affordable air cooler. Its size is small. So, it is magnificent for small rooms. Symphony-Hicool is one of the popular personal-coolers for home, office, and gym. This type of air cooler comes with unique innovations such as auto-swing, digital control panel, 7-hour timer setting. It comes with the inverter technology and a function to restore the previous settings of the system.
Window cooler circulates natural air inside the room. If tight space is the biggest issue of your house, then the window cooler is the right choice for you. It is portable and light-in-weight.
They may vary in size and water tanks capacity. During the operation, it can don’t give much noise. The ability of 51 litres can easily fit in the large size window. It also comes with the speed-control knobs. You can adjust the speed as per your requirement.
How to Choose Air Cooler for your Home?
If you are planning to buy a new cooler and confused about how to pick the right one then this section of this article will surely help you out. Here, we have mentioned some important information or factors that will help you to make a conclusion about which air cooler to buy. Have a look at some of the essential points that you should keep in mind while purchasing the new cooler.
Size of the Air Cooler
The volume of a air cooler is an important point. It matters a lot. Select the one that fits perfectly fits in the room. For example, personal coolers work well for small and medium room size. Desert Air Coolers are best for large room size. The personal room cooler is perfect for small rooms.
You can look for the “area covered” or “cooling-area” specified in the description of the model. The cooling-coverage area should be equal to more than the room size. It is necessary that you can purchase an air cooler that offers efficient cooling in every region of the room.
Features of the Air Cooler
Before buying an air cooler, one should know about the functionalities. Here is a summary of the important functions of an air cooler:
It is necessary to choose the correct size air cooler according to the room size.
Air Displacement (in CFM) = Area of the room (in sqft) X height of your room.
Cooling pad has a direct impact on the cooling-output of a cooler. These absorb water and allow the air to flow through them to cool it.
Some coolers come with the fragrance chamber with the aspen-pads for the better cooling.
Few coolers come with an ice tray and it pumps liquid through it making it more effective.
If the best air cooler doesn’t have an ice tray then you drop ice in the water inlet.
So buy the best air cooler that comes with thick pads. Thicker is the pad; better is the cooling.
Water Tank Capacity
An Air Cooler carries out its work through the evaporation process.
When you switch on the cooler, it takes in the outside air. The cooling-pads of the cooler get soaked in water. When the hot air passes through these cooling-pads that have been infused with water, it gets cooled.
So, buy an air cooler that comes with the huge water tank capacity. Larger the capacity, longer the more cooling will run. So you should choose an air cooler with a large water tank.
Air Coolers that run on Inverters
Air Coolers are energy-saving appliances. These days, they come with an additional feature that allows them to run on inverters.
If you live in an area with high power-cuts, then you can go for a cooler with inverter compatibility. Moreover, it consumes 50% less power than the standard ones
Remote Control Feature
Go for a cooler that comes with remote control as it gives you full, quick, comfortable and easy access to control the cooler. You don’t need to get up again and again to change the setting.
If you plan on using the cooler in different rooms, it’s better to look for the one with easy to move wheels. You can move it wherever you want.
Water Level Indicator
A water level controller and indicator tell whether the tank is filled or not. The empty water tank alarm-system is another feature present in high-end products. If you run the cooler without water, it may damage the motor. This feature will give you an alarm when the water tank is lower than the required level.
Look for Humidity Control feature if you are in a humid city.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are Room Coolers Better Than AC?
Yes, Coolers are better than the ACs as they are cost-effective and portable. It doesn’t demand any service like air conditioners. The energy consumed by the cooler is very less as compared to air conditioners. Even, it comes with advanced specialities like an alarm for the empty tank, drain plug, remote control, water level controller, humidity control, speed control knobs, auto-louvres.
2. What are Cooling Pads? What are its types?
Cooling Pad plays a crucial role in an room cooler. It is a material made from either wood shaving synthetic fibre or cellulose material. Room Coolers come fan and humidity control function that sucks the hot and humid air from the room and then passes it to the cooling-pad. After that, it converts the air into the cold air and aids air circulation. These are of two kinds, i.e., Honeycomb and Woodwool.
The Honeycomb cooling pads are made from cellulose material. Most of the Desert Coolers come with this cooling-pad that are long-running. It distributes a strong air throw within a few seconds. You can mount it on the inside of the back panel of the cooler.
The Wood wool cooler pads use wood shavings and synthetic fibre. It resembles grass. Its price range is high compared to the other honeycomb. It is less enduring and demands high maintenance. Maharaja Whiteline 65-Litre Cooler comes with wood-wool evaporative pads.
3. How Much Power Does a Room Cooler Consume?
Different models require different voltage to run. However, they consume less than 80% of electricity compared to AC for saving a lot on your electricity bills. However, it depends upon how you maintain it. Coolers should be serviced after a regular interval so that they work efficiently for a long time.