Imagine a hot summer day when you are cooped up at your place. It isn’t well ventilated, or you are outside in the scorching heat. The temperature is so unbearable in some Indian states that it feels like, it is the hottest day on Earth since the dawn of time!
The thought that you’ll be inside your air-conditioned room within an hour or two is what keeps you going. Finally, you open the door; enter your room and, a gust of chilled air envelops you. What a sigh of relief! Isn’t it?
So, we can say that an Air Conditioner isn’t less than a blessing when the weather heats up.
Summers are around the corner. We all know that the temperature is going to reach its highest in peak summer months. Therefore, there is no point in waiting to invest in an air conditioner.
We have prepared a list of Best Air Conditioner (AC) in India based on Customer Reviews and our Market Research.
We highly recommend you to read our Air Conditioners reviews buying guide located towards the bottom of this post.
Top 10 Air Conditioners in India
|Haier HW-18CV5CNA||Window||1.5 Ton|
|Toshiba RAS-18PKCV2G-IN||Split||1.5 Ton|
|Daikin FTKP50TV||Split||1.5 Ton|
|Carrier CAW18SN5R39F0||Window||1.5 Ton|
|Voltas 185 LZH||Window||1.5 Ton|
|LG KS-Q18YNZA||Split||1.5 Ton|
|IFB IACI18X95T3C||Split||1.5 Ton|
|Blue Star IC512QATX||Split||1 Ton|
|Godrej GWC 18DTC5-WSA||Window||1.5 Ton|
|Carrier CAW18SN3R39F0||Window||1.5 Ton|
Which are the Top 10 Best Air Conditioners (AC) in India 2020?
1. Haier 1.5 Ton 5 Star Window AC
It is the Best Selling Air Conditioner that gives relaxing air at a click. It is capable of delivering a maximum airflow with low noise. With air filter technology, it improves the quality of air and gives a clean, safe air-flow by working as a dust purifier. It is 5 stars rated best AC with large cooling capacity.
It comes with a durable and smooth exterior that makes it sturdy and reliable. It is specially designed to deliver optimum cooling even at 50 degrees celsius in hot summers. With a long-running and smooth performance, it becomes a useful household appliance for the modern home. It offers a 50-feet flow for stable and even delivery of air in best ways.
- It has a cooling capacity of 1.5 ton.
- Its takes 1154.73-units of power per year.
- It is the best AC in India for room size of 111 to 150 sq ft.
- It has an intelligent timer function. It allows to set or manage the temperature.
- It comes with a turbo and sleep-mode for user-friendly comfort.
- Its remote-control allows simple access. It has a display screen that shows the reading of the temperature-data.
- It comes with a powerful copper-coil. It has a durable layer to prevent confront high pressure.
- It has a smart, instant chill option. It gives comfort and is energy saving.
What We Like
- It saves money on electric-bills that make it a money-saving.
- It comes with a owner manual with crucial instructions for easy use.
2. Toshiba 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
This is the high quality Inverter Split AC from Toshiba gives cooling fresh air to make the person comfort. This 5 star inverter split AC offers high-level amazing performance.
It is highest-rated Air Conditioner that makes it worth for money. It assures return on investment by its useful and valuable additional features.
This 1.5 ton 5 star inverter AC is a blend of three qualities that makes it Prodig. I3 – Performance Beyond Compare. It comes with inverter technology, smart air cooling solution with high ISEER rating value. It is the best AC promises a great shelf-life by providing better ambience and the good result.
- Its consumes 704.35-units annually.
- It is suitable for rooms size of 111 to 150 sq ft.
- It is a 1.5 ton 5 star inverter AC.
- It has a preset function. It records the settings & activates them whenever needed.
- Its high-power feature cools-down the room without making noise.
- Its timer-function allows to switch On/Off the AC as per need.
- It has quiet incline-designed fan-blades.
- It has an auto-clean feature that prevents oil or dirt on it.
- It operates on fan-mode for 20 mins after shutting down.
- This best AC comes with an aqua resin-coated coil that serves efficiently like magic. It helps to extend the shelf-life of the AC.
- It has an antibacterial film on filters that keeps the air clean.
What We Like
- It has a 5-star BEE rating.
- It gives odour free air.
- It has refrigerant-R32. It assures no harm to the layer of O3 and low global-warming potential.
- It comes with a warranty of 1-year on the product, two years on the condenser, five years on compressor.
3. Daikin 1.5 Ton 4 Star Inverter Split AC
This 1.5 Ton Inverter Split Air Conditioner is one of the great product that comes under this brand. This 1.5 Ton Inverter Split AC with Inverter-Compressor gives a high-end performance with less electricity consumption. It comes with two separate rotators that cool the room faster and power-saving. This 4 star split air conditioners optimise the speed according to the low noise-level to give you uninterrupted pleasure.
It is the split Air Conditioning units that comes with an environment-friendly-R32 that protects the condenser from fire by giving zero damage to the layer of ozone. This split AC comes with a corrosion-resistant copper condenser.
- Its annual power-consumption 928units.
- This 4 star inverter split AC is suitable for rooms size of 111 to 150 sq ft.
- It comes with built-n PM 2.5 and dust-filter.
- It has a Power Chill Mode that gives high-speed cooling at fingertips.
- It has an Econo mode function that improves performance for energy-saving operation.
- The Coanda airflow mode circulates air into the corners of the room and creates a comfortable ambience.
- This 1.5 Ton split AC has a Timer function that switches off the AC in the middle of the night. It allows time-setting for auto turn On/Off with one touch.
- With built-in stabilizer, it protects AC from wide voltage fluctuations.
- The Neo Swing Technology provides quiet and efficient work.
What We Like
- It comes with a warranty of one year.
- It cools faster in less time and helps to save money on bills.
- It has a sleek, elegant look with hidden temperature-display.
- It has a sleep function that auto-adjusts the normal temperature for pleasant sleeping.
- It self diagnosis the problem and displays error codes at the display area for simple troubleshooting.
4. Carrier 1.5 Ton 5 Star Window AC
It has an energy rating of 5 stars that makes it efficient. The turbo-function is helpful to cool the space effectively and quickly. It auto-adjusts the fan-speed as per the cooling level of air. The R32-refrigerant ensures zero ozone-depleting & low greenhouse effect in the best manner.
The auto-restart function restarts it with the previous setting in case of sudden electric-breakdown. The auto swing is designed to increase air circulation and to provide even air distribution in the room. Its sleep mode gives pleasing sleep as it automatically changes the temperature-setting according to the environment. The electrostatic, zeolite, charcoal/active carbon filters give healthy air to breathe.
- It has an ISEER value of 3.35 that helps to save on electricity-bills.
- It comes in white colour and elegant design.
- It is the ideal for rooms that have a medium size of 111 to 150 sq ft.
- Its condenser-coil is made of copper that cools in a shorter-period of time.
- It is the best AC in India that has a unique filter for dust.
- It conserves electricity when the AC-compressor is turned off by shutting down the fan.
- It has a smart time guard that safe the AC from frequent power cuts. It has a 3-minute off-time minimum before switching on.
- It comes with an exhaust command. It refreshes the room from bad odour and smoke with a push of an exhaust button.
What We Like
- Its cost range is moderate.
- It does not harm the environment.
- It needs low maintenance cost.
- It comes with a warranty of 1 year on the product, one year on the condenser and 5 years on compressor.
5. Voltas 1.5 Ton Window AC
Voltas 1.5 Ton Window Air Conditioner is an all-weather Air Conditioner. It gives excellent cooling and smooth operation. The multi stage filtration process provides cool air by removing dust and impurities. With R22, it helps to maintain the planet green. It is the best AC in India that assures low global warming and no harm to the ozone-layer of the earth.
It is the Most Energy Efficient and good Performing AC. With a 5 star energy rating, it comes in the list of the most Energy Saving Air Conditioners. It gives swift cooling even at 50-degree celsius in summers. It is the most selling air conditioner at an affordable price-tag. The sleep mode maintains comfort, cuts excessive cooling and power usage to make the sleep comfortable.
- Its capacity is 1.5 ton.
- Its cooling capacity is of 4950 Watt.
- It has an operating voltage of 230 Volts.
- It is the top-rated AC for 111 to 150 sq ft rooms.
- It comes with a self diagnosis option. It checks the failures and auto-reset its.
- This split AC comes with anti-dust and anti-bacterial filters. They remove dirt, impurities, and harmful mites.
- It has an active dehumidifier. It auto senses the humidity in the monsoon and manages it.
What We Like
- It has turbo-mode that provides instant cooling.
- It comes with a condenser-coil that is made of 100% copper. It gives efficient cooling.
6. LG 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
This 1.5 Ton Inverter Split Air Conditioner is the Most Energy Efficient. It delivers superior cooling. It has no effect of salt, pollutants and industrial smoke that makes it ideal for Indian areas. With comfort air mode, it gives a uniform distribution of airflow in every corner of the room. It provides a comfortable sleep by low noise operation.
This 1.5 ton 5 star inverter AC comes with Unique Technology – Himalaya Cool that provides excellent ambient cooling at the click. It makes you calm at the click of a button. With Finer Filteration, it serves as an air purifier and removes the harmful particles such as dirt, bacteria, pollen and other tiny particles. This split AC uses inverter technology that helps to save thousands of rupees on electrical bills by consuming less electricity.
This 5 star inverter split AC cools quickly because of the Himalayan Cool Technique. Monsoon Comfort Technology ensures that it controls humidity and increases comfort. In terms of specifications, it delivers a power-packed performance.
- Its annual-energy consumption is 835.50-units (KWh).
- It is suitable for room size with 111 to 150 sq ft.
- It has a vari-speed compressor. It adjusts the power depending on the heat load.
- The AC comes with anticorrosive ocean black protection that increases the life-span. It applies to both the indoor and outdoor unit of the AC.
- Its dual rotary-compressor provides better air-flow.
- It comes with Low Refrigerant Detection. It auto-detects low refrigerant levels that leaves the room hot and uncomfortable.
- It auto senses the climate and adjusts according to it for maximum-comfort.
- It has a four-step active energy control mode for scorching summers. It limits the energy-usage from 40% to 80%. It saves up to 57% of the energy.
What We Like
- The brand gives a 1-year warranty on the product and ten years on compressor.
- The star rating of this best AC is five stars.
- It comes with an in-built stabilizer and requires low maintenance.
- It is an energy efficiency model.
7. IFB 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
IFB is a popular brand that provides state-of-the-art home appliances for a more relaxed and comfortable life. In terms of durability, it provides long-lasting performance. If you are looking for the top-class Air Conditioner then this is the right option.
This 1.5 Ton Inverter Split Air Conditioner comes with ease of use and simplicity in this smart world. It keeps you comfortable and healthy in all weather conditions like hot, cold, and so on. This Inverter Air Conditioner provides smart air-flow for cool down the space like a shower or a blanket for heating it.
- It consumes 863.48 Kilowatt Hours annually.
- The operating voltage of 5 star inverter split AC is 230V.
- It has a high-speed, powerful fan that instantly gives cooling air.
- Its Titan Gold Evaporator Fins offer a self-cleaning system that keeps the air fresh. The titanium dioxide coating keeps the AC clean.
- It comes with Copper Piping that increases the lifetime of the AC.
- It gives four-way cooling in four directions to keep you always cool. It has an automatic 2-way vertical swing and 2-way manual horizontal swing.
- This best AC comes with a unique, black-finish remote.
- It has an aerodynamic 360-degree blower that gives smooth-air every direction.
- It has ultra low-frequency operation. It maintains a comfortable temperature.
What We Like
- It has an energy efficiency rating of 5-stars.
- It provides healthy germ-free air that is good for your health and fitness.
- It is one of the excellent and amazing split ACs.
- It comes with 6 stage filtration that gives six times better air to breathe. The filters are vitamin enriching, activated-carbon, dirt, nano, and catechin.
- The brand provides installation of this best AC by the trained technicians.
- It comes with five years warranty on a product, five years on the condenser and compressor.
8. Blue Star 1 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
Blue Star 1 Ton Split Inverter Air Conditioner is a next-generation Q series AC. It is a one-time investment that gives a powerful cooling capacity for a long period. It allows enjoying the good health in every single breath.
It has an Auto Restart with Memory Function feature that plays a vital role in electrical failure. It remembers the last temperature-setting and auto-resume the working with same preset once the power is back. The comfort-feature smartly senses the room-temperature variations and auto-adjusts the same for sleeping.
The brand provides a one-year warranty on the 1 ton inverter split air conditioning, five years on condenser and ten years on compressor.
- Its annual power consumption is 582.38 Kilowatt Hours, and the operating voltage is 230V.
- This 1 Ton Split AC comes with precision cooling technology that allows setting the temperature at a specific figure.
- This split AC has hydrophilic bluefins that are anticorrosive and keeps it rust-free for a long time.
- It is the best AC that has a dust-filter that comes with advanced design.
- It has a brushless DC-motor that works efficiently with an electric current. It extends the shelf life and can reduce the operating noise at max rotational rate.
- It has an indoor unit and compressor as an outdoor unit.
- It has a turbo mode that cools-down the room quickly.
What We Like
- Its star rating is 5 stars.
- The best thing is that it can fit any room-size easily.
- Its iFeel function cools the room.
- It has a self-clean function. It stops the formation of moisture.
- Its self-diagnosis function automatically detects and alerts the user of a fault. It displays the error codes that makes easy to solve the issues.
9. Godrej 1.5 Ton 5 Star Window AC
It provides the high cooling with silent performance. It is a five star energy rating model of 2019 that helps to save electric bills by consuming less energy. With the looks and classy layout, it adds charm in the living space. The advanced technology makes it strong enough to deliver powerful experience instantly.
The remote allows you to regulate the operations by sitting far away from the AC. With the use of refrigerant-gas-R32, it helps to make the planet green. It assures 0 O3 depletion. It is the best AC in India that saves energy at a higher-temperature as compared to others. Thus, it is the most beneficial cooling appliance for the household.
- Its takes 795 Kilowatt Hrs of power in a year.
- Its operating voltage is 230-Volts.
- It has an anti-dust filter with an antibacterial layer. It removes pollen, hair, pet dander, etc.
- It comes with an anti-corrosion bluefin layer on the evaporator.
- It has a 100% pure copper condenser that makes it long-running.
- It has a sleep feature that auto changes the temperature-setting while sleeping.
- It has a dry-air mode that makes the air dry when the moisture-level is increased.
What We Like
- It is easier to maintain.
- It comes at a low-cost.
- The brand gives one year warranty on product and condenser, and five years warranty on the compressor.
10. Carrier 1.5 Ton 3 Star Window AC
This 1.5 ton 3 star window AC delivers cold air at a click. It is the Best AC in India that makes the surroundings as cool as the Himalayas within few minutes. With the use of the Refrigerant R32, it becomes an eco-friendly air conditioner. It gives zero damage to the ozone layer of the earth. It comes first in our list due to its remarkable quality.
The advantage of this ac is that it comes with Anti-Dust Filters. They eliminate the dirt and other particles from the air with ease. The Energy Saver mode helps to conserve energy by consuming less electricity from normal usage.
The remote-controller gives access to manage the settings easily by sitting anywhere. This 1.5 ton 3 star Air Conditioner produces less noise while cooling. It provides comfortable sleep without any disturbance. It is a user-friendly and money-saving device. If you use AC for around 8-10 hours a day then we recommend you to buy this AC.
- It is a 1.5 ton Air Conditioner.
- It is suitable for 111 to 150 sq ft rooms.
- It consumes 1315.98-units annually.
- It operates on 230-Volts of power supply.
- It has an elegant and white coloured body.
- The total cooling load is 3(ISEER value).
- It has a copper-condenser coil that gives rapid cooling results.
- This 1.5 ton 3 Star AC has a sleep-mode that auto increases the temperature in the night according to the room-temperature.
- Its dry-mode plays a crucial role in the monsoon season. It regulates moisture-level in the indoor air on rainy days.
- It has a turbo-option that gives super cooling quicker.
- Its auto-restart feature keeps the temperature-settings in its savings in case of power-failure. It auto restarts when the electricity is back with desired settings.
- It has an auto-swing function gives cooling air in all directions.
- It comes with an auto fan-speed that auto increases the velocity as per the cooling-level in the air.
What We Like
- It has a low-cost that makes it the budget-friendly option.
- It comes with a user-manual with important instructions.
- It needs zero care cost.
- The brand gives a warranty service of one year on the product.
Best AC Brands in India 2020
- Blue Star
Other Models That May You Consider
- Hitachi 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC
- LG 2 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC (Copper, JS-Q24AUXA1, White)
- O General ASGA18FTTA-1.5 Hyper Tropical Split AC
- Voltas 1.5 Ton 3 Star Split AC
How to Choose the Best Air Conditioner (AC) for Home or Office in India?
The market today is flooded with hundreds of products of the window and split ACs. Whenever you check online stores to find a perfect piece of technology, you get stuck with so many options with variable-price range, different new features, and brands.
The air conditioners are the most expensive home appliances. We understand how confusing it is to select the right one. So, in this section, we have mentioned some list of factors. You should have to keep these factors in your mind before buying a new one for your home to avoid making the wrong decision.
Room Size and Number of people
The number of people in the room and the temperature vary. So, you need an AC that can adjust itself with the ambience in the room. For this, should buy the right tonnage AC according to the size of the living rooms or master bedrooms of your home. Tonnage is expressed in British Thermal Units (BTU).
1 ton=12,000 BTU.
More is the BTU; higher is the cooling effect.
If the size of the unit is too small as corresponded to the size of the room, it will struggle to cool the space. It won’t fulfil the cooling requirement. If the size is too big, it will cool your room faster such that it would not be able to remove moistures from the place.
1-ton ACs are sufficient for 80 to 120 square feet sized rooms. 1.5 Ton ACs are applicable for up to 180 or 190 square feet bedroom size.
You should purchase 1.5 ton AC for the large family and 1.0 ton for the small family.
Inverter Type or Non-Inverter
You will find different type of Air Conditioner. In window air conditioners, the compressor, evaporator, and condenser are present in a single unit. On the other hand, in a Split AC, the compressor and condenser are located in the outdoor unit of the Air Conditioner.
Some ACs work on Inverter technology and Non-Inverter Technology.
Between these two types of air conditioners, inverter ACs type is more popular and an energy saver.
The compressor of a regular AC works at its full capacity when it is on. The compressor switches off the fan when it reaches optimum temperature. When the temperature rises above the required limit, the compressor starts again and remains the same process.
Whereas, in Inverter ACs, the compressor work at variable-speeds. The compressor never gets switched off. Instead, it draws less power by running with varying speeds. It also depends on the temperature set. Its sensors adjust the room temperature according to the voltage.
It gives a cool breeze continuously without any noise. Though its price is a bit on the higher side of your budget, it offers better energy savings as compared to non-inverter AC. It consumes less power as contrasted to typical air conditioners. Thus, it is always recommended to invest in the Best Inverter Air Conditioner.
Whereas, non-inverter AC is available at an affordable cost in the Indian market. Its motor works at a fixed-speed. If its compressor gets heated, it produces noise.
Energy Star Rating
It is the most crucial factor to select the energy-efficient AC unit for your home. BEE gives star ratings to electronic devices such as refrigerators, and other electrical appliances. Based on their cooling capacity and consumption of electricity. An AC with a greater EER is more energy-efficient.
These Air Conditioners come with a high-energy star rating. It tells how much electricity it will use. High energy-efficient AC saves 20 to 50% of electricity bill.
So, buy an electricity-saving AC unit so that higher electricity-bills in the summers may not surprise you.
It is the most desirable option for a comfortable sleep. The various modes are turbo, auto on-off, time mode etc.
Location of a room is an important factor. The place gets hotter if the ceiling of the room gets the sunlight directly. The same thing applies to the walls of a room. If the roof of your room or west, south walls of the room get sun-light; you can install a 1.5 Ton Split AC.
For uniformly cooling a room, you need to direct the air to the centre. So, check if you need the AC to blow air to the left or right.
To keep the Air Conditioning unit in the hygienic condition, one should clean it regularly. So, it should be installed in such a location of your home that it is easiest to clean the filters.
Copper Coil vs Aluminium Coil
A few decades before, copper was used to manufacturing coils for almost all-electronics. It was in 1970 that the copper-coils were replaced with the aluminum-coil.
If we compare the two, we find that the heat-transfer coefficient of copper is more than that of aluminium. Copper is stronger and the copper-coil needs fewer repairs.
However, it is more malleable than copper. Hence, you can mould it into any shape. That’s why it is used for producing the AC coil.
You should pick an AC that gives ambient and quick cooling. 0.8 Ton is suited for the 100 sq ft area. 1.0 Ton is suitable for 130 Sq ft. 1.5 Ton capacity is appropriate for 190 sq ft area. 2.0 Ton is good for 300 Sq ft room.
There are various brands available in the Indian market.
Whether you purchase clothes, eatables or electronics; brand matters a lot, choosing the Branded Product isn’t a matter of showing off. Instead, it ensures the quality and long-life of the product.
Make sure to buy the home appliances of the big brand.
Voltas is a well known Air Conditioner brand. It offers efficient ACs at a reasonable cost. They provide the after-sales services to there customer on the parts and products.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Does an Air Conditioner Work?
The Air Conditioners eliminate the heat, thereby cooling the rooms. Generally, an AC operates on three principles; evaporation, condensation and compression.
- The first step in the working of an Air Conditioner is the compression of refrigerant gas. It is an integral part of it. When gas is compressed, it gets converted into a high-pressure fluid.
- This hot liquid flows through the condenser coils. Here, the heat-escapes while the liquid gets cooled.
- The expansion valve converts the high-pressure liquid into a low-pressure liquid.
- The low-pressure liquid flows through evaporator-coils. It absorbs the heat from the room.
- The heat-absorbed again converts the liquid into a refrigerant-gas. As the absorption continues, you experience the ambient cooling.
- This method keeps on repeating.
2. What Is the Difference Between Inverter & Non-Inverter Type AC?
The difference is in their motor-speed. The velocity of the non-inverter AC runs with a fixed rate. However, the motor of inverter split air conditioners works at change-able speed. Inverter type is useful for saving electricity. Its compressor operates at a high-rate even at high temperature. It needs a stabiliser for continuous working.
3. Should I Opt For an Aluminium or a Copper Condenser in an AC?
Copper and Aluminium are the most commonly used metals for manufacturing condenser tubes. However, copper is preferred over the aluminium condensers.
Copper has a high heat-transfer coefficient, whereas aluminum is malleable and needs higher maintenance.
4. What Is Himalaya Cool Technology in LG and Voltas Split AC?
Voltas and LG both come with this technology. It cools-down the room rapidly and gives air in all corners. It makes you feel the cool of the Himalayas at home.
5. Do Air Conditioners Use High Electricity?
It is quite a common question. However, the electricity consumption of an AC relies upon the daily usage of AC.
3 Stars and 5 Stars rated ACs consume less electricity if you use it for 8-10 hrs a day. They come with automatic features that help in saving energy.
6. Does Air Conditioners reduce Moisture Level?
Yes, it lessens the moisture-level from the air. It comes with a dehumidifier feature that actively controls humidity in the room. The dehumidifier also makes sure that the heat-exchange mechanism in the AC remains dry.
7. How Many Types of Compressors Are Used in an AC?
There are five types, namely Rotatory-Compressor, Centrifugal-Compressor, Screw Compressors, Reciprocating-Compressor, and Scroll-Compressor.
8. What Is Gold Fin Technology in AC?
Manufacturers use Blue Fin and Gold-Fin Technology to protect the Air Conditioners from corrosion. It ensures corrosion-resistance and durability in the extreme weather.
The condenser tubes have special anti-corrosive paint. This anti-corrosion layer increases the sturdiness of an air conditioning system.
9. Is AC Safe for Newborn Baby?
Yes, it is safe for babies. It reduces the amount of moisture-level (collected as water) from the room. It gives peaceful sleep to the infant.